forever on his lips

fated

part 2 of this weeks double update

son't forget to read it

 

 

 



    Luhan put his hand over Hakyeon’s mouth and the next thing he knew, he was standing in a hospital room. “Do you want to sleep in Sehun’s bed or the chair?” Luhan whispered.

    “Where are you sleeping?” He whispered back.

    “I don’t sleep.”

    Minseok sat up slowly and looked nervous. “Han?” He whispered.

    “Yeah Minmin?” Luhan asked as he rushed to his side of the bed. He kissed the slightly shaking man’s forehead.

    “I need water … I think the symptoms they were warning us about are starting.” He said quietly as he tried to pull away from Sehun.

    Sehun sat up and put his hand on the smaller man’s forehead.

    Hakyeon just stared as they each kissed him on a cheek. Luhan kissed his temple and whispered. “I found your stuff and I took your ID … I went to your house and brought you some clean clothes so you have something to change into when you’re better.”

    He drank nearly an entire bottle of water before thanking Luhan.

    “Also one of your friends. He’s your best friend, and he followed me here.” He gestured behind the two men on the bed at the man who looked in awe at the three ahead of him.

    Minseok turned around to look at him. “H-Hakyeon …” He said softly as if the name was programmed into his breath.

    “Min” He sobbed, “I’m so sorry! I looked everywhere for you and you didn’t want to go in the first place!”

    He stopped talking when Minseok launched himself at the taller man and hugged him tightly. Minseok kissed the side of his head repeatedly, but never said anything.

    “Min… why are you shaking?” He looked down at the small man, “Are you cold?”

    “N – n- no… Need Luhan.”

    “What does he mean he needs Luhan?”

    Luhan picked him up with absolutely no effort and sat on the bed with him in his lap. He cradled his head in the crook of his elbow before bending down and pressing their foreheads together. “Copy my breathing.” Luhan whispered.

    “Do you even breathe?” Minseok chuckled.

    “On occasion.” He smiled back. He ran his fingers through the smaller man’s hair and their breaths synced up. His trembling stopped and they both looked asleep. They didn’t move for a while and Sehun took it upon himself to hobble outside dragging Hakyeon with him.

    “Where do you fit in with this?” Hakyeon asked.

    “Minseok and I owe Luhan our lives.” He said to the slightly shorter man. When Hakyeon gave him a puzzled look, he continued, “I would be coyote food and Minseok would have been just another John Doe in the morgue if it weren’t for him.”

    “But Min is acting like they’re lovers or something.”

    “Because as far as I know, Luhan is as far as his memory extends. He’s all Min can remember. You must have been really important to him since he remembered your name.”

    “What about you?”

    “I met him in the emergency room after Luhan brought him in.”

    Hakyeon looked at the chart on the wall for the nurses to look at. “.” He said as he put the chart back.

    “I think Luhan did something to take his nightmares away. Shame I can’t help him with anything.” He frowned.

    “You kept his nightmares away until I could transplant them into the s who did this.” Luhan said from behind them.

    “What?” Hakyeon asked with a high pitched squeak.

    “Shh.” Luhan said, “It’s not visiting hours, who knows what’ll happen if they find you here this time of the night.

    “What about you?” The silver haired man whispered.

    “They can’t see me if I don’t want them to.” Luhan replied. Their conversation was cut short by Minseok groaning in his sleep and Sehun clutching his head.

    “Ooh more training opportunities.” Luhan said excitedly. “What do you feel?”

    “Candle went out but it’s not going anywhere. It can’t be replaced … is this supposed to make me nauseous?” He peered at the psychopomp through his fingers.

    “Not sure …  I’ll be back.” He disappeared. Sehun and Hakyeon went to Minseok’s side. He was still groaning softly.

    Sehun held the small man’s hand. “You two were more than just friends weren’t you?”

    “I hoped we could be more one day.” He sighed, “That’s not going to happen now is it?”

    “I don’t know how long we have like this.”

    “Like what?”

    “Human … living … not sure. Having … assistants is even new to Luhan, I think he’s just following orders, but I think he really likes Min … and they’ve only known each other a day.”

    “I like you too Sehun.” Luhan said as he appeared next to them with a small frown. “And I’d appreciate it if you took anything I tell you as confidential from now on.” He said sharply. Most people would have taken it as a cautionary warning. Sehun could tell he was being a bit more stern than that.

    Sehun hobbled toward Luhan ready to apologise. Before he could say anything, Luhan had pulled the back of his neck toward him and pressed their lips together harder than he ever did with Minseok. Sehun gasped and Luhan pressed his tongue into the taller boy’s mouth.

    Sehun brought his good arm up and brought his hand to the back of the other man’s neck to hold him in place. He could feel his bones knitting together, but he spent most of the time focusing on on the tongue currently fighting with his own. Hakyeon looked away from them, focusing on his friend. He didn't need to see that.

    They opened their eyes and pulled away when one of them moaned. Neither of them were sure who it was. They stared at each other for a moment before Luhan mumbled “Better?” Sehun nodded dumbly, “Can I do that again? That was nice.”

    “Uh huh.” Sehun said quietly while nodding.

    Luhan never realized how … entertaining kissing could be. They lost track of time and Hakyeon tapped Sehun on the shoulder a few moments before a nurse could catch him.

    “What are you doing?” The nurse asked. She looked like she had been lemons.

    “… Helping Sehun to the bathroom.” Luhan covered lamely. His cheeks were ruddy and his lips were swollen and pink.

    “He’s not even supposed to be out of bed yet.” The nurse growled.

    “I’m fine.” Sehun insisted.

    “What’s going on?” Minseok asked as he sat up groggily.

    “She doesn’t think Sehun should be out of bed.” Hakyeon said.

    “But he’s ok … nothing happened to his legs.” Minseok said before the bathroom door closed.

    Sehun pressed Luhan against the bathroom door and kissed him hard again.

    “Not here.” Luhan said, “When everyone is out of the hospital and we have a place to stay ok?” He panted between desperate kisses.

    “Really?” Sehun asked incredulously and pouted slightly as he rolled his hips against the psychopomp’s.

    “Sorry …” He let Sehun kiss him once more, “I want to make sure you two are ok first.” He pushed away from the door. “I’ll be um out there if you need me.” He said shyly.

    He got outside and the nurse was waiting for him with a hand on her hip. “What?” He grumbled at the nurse.

    “I’m supposed to change his bandages.”

    “He’ll be out in a second. Minseok needs looking after too.” He insisted.

    “Fine,” she snipped as she picked up Minseok’s chart, “Why is he in this ward? He should b-“

    “Because he needs to be near the people who love and support him.” Luhan interrupted. “You guys would probably give him some weird chemicals that could get Min addicted and we don’t want that. It’s mostly out of his system anyway.”

    “I just want to go home …” Minseok said quietly.

    “That’s for your physician to decide.” Luhan decided that this woman was born with a permanent scowl on her face.

     “I didn’t get a good look, is there room for all of us in your apartment?” Luhan asked.

    “It's a two bedroom place. If there isn’t, we can always go to Minseok’s parents’ house.” Hakyeon replied helpfully.

    “Fantastic…” Luhan said sarcastically.

    The nurse was checking Minseok’s vital signs when Sehun slid open the bathroom door and shuffled back to his bed. “I miss pants,” He grumbled as the psychopomp helped tuck him back in.

    “Pants …” Luhan’s eyes widened. “You don’t have any clothes. I need to get you some for when they discharge you. Be right back.” He looked at the nurse, frowned then walked out of the room before disappearing with a poof.

    “Doesn’t matter. His chart says he’s here for another few weeks anyway …” The nurse said under her breath. Minseok and Sehun heard her loud and clear.

    “Won’t be the first time you guys have been wrong.” Minseok replied with a pout.

    “According to the first doctor who saw me here, I should still be in a medically induced coma.” He winced as she took his bandages off.

    “This chart can’t be right,” The nurse said as she looked under the gauze. “There isn’t a wound. Why do you even have stitches?”

    “I have been here for two weeks, is it possible that maybe I have healed?” Sehun asked.

    “Not to the extent you are.” She said, “I’m going to fetch a doctor to take out these stitches and x-ray you.”

    “Maybe I can get out of this stupid brace?” He asked. “And have this obnoxious tube removed from my chest?”

    “Doubtful.” She said.

    Sehun got up and sat next to Minseok who had Hakyeon next to him. “How are you feeling?”

    “Much better.” He smiled brightly. “I don’t feel sick at all”

    The doctor came in with both of their charts. “I have a very confused and distressed nurse sitting at her station. I’ve come to see why.”

    The nurse hadn’t bothered replacing Sehun’s bandages and the doctor read Sehun’s name before patting his bed. He poked at Sehun’s raised but barely scarred skin before digging through one of the drawers in the room and pulling out a stitch removal kit.

    “Lay down Sehun, this is going to sting a bit.” Minseok quickly moved to hold Sehun’s left hand. Sehun jumped when the doctor cut the first stitch and Minseok squeezed his hand when he yelped as the doctor pulled the stitch out. Minseok hissed slightly as well.

    “Are you ok?” The small man asked quietly.

    “I wasn’t expecting it to feel like that.” He said back just as quietly.

    “That’s what she said.” Luhan chuckled from the door. He stopped chuckling when he realized that it was probably a pretty outdated joke.

    “These next few stitches are going to bleed and will probably hurt.” The doctor said, glancing up from his work and seeing Luhan take over on hand holding duties. “Who are you?”

    “A friend” Luhan replied as he leaned over Sehun’s forehead and pressed his lips gently to it. Sehun sighed deeply and immediately relaxed, no longer flinching as the sutures were being pulled.

    “Are you going to take out the stupid drainage tube too?” Sehun asked quietly after a moment while pointing at the small device poking out of his chest.

    “We have to take a few pictures before I can answer that.” The doctor said as he pulled the last stitch out of Sehun’s shoulder. “We’ll do that after I pull the rest of the stitches in your back and look at …” He looked at the other chart on the bed, “Minseok”

    They looked at the smaller man who had fallen asleep with Hakyeon wrapped around him. Luhan chuckled slightly when he noticed Minseok wipe some drool off of his chin and onto his pillow before snuffling and rolling to sleep with his forehead against Hakyeon's clavicle.

    “Can we do the x-rays before you look at Minseok?” Luhan asked. “He’s had a really tough night and hasn’t slept well.” Sehun was starting to learn how to tell when Luhan was using his controlling abilities. The doctor predictably agreed.

    Sehun was shuffled toward the room with the x-ray machine and Luhan told him that he had to pop out for a job and that he’d be back before anyone had a chance to miss him.