saviour

fated

this is post # 2 in a double post so don't forget to read the chapter before this

 

 



Luhan materialized in front of Minseok. His pupils were tiny, his lips were turning blue. Luhan’s hand turned into black smoke as he dragged it through the smaller man’s shaking body. The milky liquid came out of his skin every time Luhan pulled his hand through. “How much did they put in you?” Luhan wondered aloud.

As soon as most of it was out of his body and on the pavement, Luhan picked Minseok up and carried him to the hospital. Nobody noticed that Luhan had brought two people into the emergency room in less than two weeks.

    “Please … help my friend.” He said as they took him from Luhan’s hands.

He noticed that his hands were covered in blood. “I think they did something … horrible to him.” And he gestured toward Minseok’s lower half. “And you need to give him a narcotic antagonist,” Luhan ordered, suddenly being incredibly insightful. They nodded at him. As soon as he was being taken care of, Luhan ran upstairs to Sehun’s room.

    “Found him.” He said with a grim expresion.

    “You don’t seem too happy about this,” Sehun said.

    “I found him in an alley, nearly frostbitten, pumped full of heroin and he was … bleeding in places.” Luhan pointed downward toward his .

It took a moment for it to click in Sehun’s head. “Oh … … he’s going to be seriously ed up in the head isn’t he?”

    “I hope not.” Luhan replied “Welp … come on.” He said as he picked Sehun up and put him in a nearby wheelchair.

    “Where are we going?”

    “To see how KimMinseok is faring.” He said as he pushed the blond to the elevator.

Minseok was crammed in a room with five other patients. They were all wailing and screaming in pain, but Minseok was silent as he lay on his side facing the door and examining the IV tube coming off of his arm.

He lifted his head when Luhan came in.

    “Hey, Minseokkie,” Luhan said, trying to be as unthreatening as possible.

    “Hey,” Sehun waved.

    “They said I should be dead … my heart wasn’t working when I came in … I heard them talking about me.” He mumbled his eyes were hollow and haunted. He tried to sit up but the pain in his backside and his legs was excruciating.

    “You shouldn’t move” Luhan ran to him to help him lay down again.

    “Can we go home? I don’t like it here.” He said quietly.

Luhan and Sehun gave each other a sidelong glance. “KimMinseok … what do you remember?”

The small man scrunched up his face in thought. “I remember you …” He smiled softly, “Making me feel better.”

    “Anything else?” Minseok shook his head. “Maybe that’s for the best.” He picked up Minseok’s chart and frowned.

    “What’s wrong?” Sehun and Minseok asked.

    “KimMinseok … he … um needed stitches” He took a calming breath, feeling like he could cry, “And he had been starved for days before they pumped him full of enough drugs to kill a herd of elephants … and that was after I managed to pull most of it out of him.” He put the chart down and brushed his fingers through the small man’s hair before kissing his forehead. Minseok smiled softly.

    “Luhan, do those kisses on our foreheads help us heal faster?” Sehun asked after a few moments of silence.

    “Clever boy.” He said just before kissing Sehun’s forehead. “I wish I could have known where Minseok was before they … attacked him. Maybe I could have saved him.”

    “Then he wouldn’t be with us.” Sehun had a point. Luhan sighed.

    Luhan was contemplating getting revenge for Minseok’s sake. While he was completely absorbed in thought, Minseok brushed the redhead’s cheek with his thumb.

    “Hm?” Luhan inquired.

    “You ok?”

    “Not really … I’m not used to feeling ... anything really … and now, I’m feeling ... I guess angry. Maybe on your behalf.” Luhan replied to the brown haired man.

    “You’ve probably just never had anyone to care for” Sehun said, “And now you’re extremely protective.”

    “Fair point, but I’m not going to let this go. They’re not going to get away with hurting our Minseok.”

    “Luhan …”Minseok finally managed to sit up with much difficulty and Luhan held him up on one side while Sehun braced one of his legs, “What are we?”

    “We’re psychopomps. We guide people to where they need to go. We-“

    “No, Luhan. What are we? You me … him.”

    “My name is Sehun.” The tall boy said.

    “Are we friends, lovers? Family?”

    “What do you two want us to be?” Luhan looked between the two of them, “You don’t need to decide right away and keep in mind our arrangement is forever.”

    “Forever?”  Minseok asked.

    “We are bound to each other, you two will never age, never whither, never die.” Luhan stated.

    “Why not?” Minseok asked.

    “Close your eyes, right now. Both of you.” Luhan told them.

    They closed their eyes. “What do you feel?”

    “A light just went out …” Sehun said somberly. “From the next room.”

    “Another light just … brand new and warm.” Minseok smiled softly.

    The overhead speakers announced a Dr. Allcome to the room next door. “That means a dire emergency.” Luhan explained, “All hands on deck so to speak,” A clunky tune like a music box came next on the overhead.

    “That means a new baby,” Minseok said. Luhan smiled and kissed them both on the forehead.

    A few hours later a doctor came in “Kim Minseok?” The doctor asked, not sure if it was Sehun or Minseok he was supposed to look at as they were both in hospital gowns.

    “That’s me.” Minseok raised his hand slightly. The other hand had an iron grip on Luhan’s.

    “I need to ask you a few questions. And then I need to see if your stitches are doing what they’re supposed to. He wheeled the small man (and his entourage) to a private examination room.

    Minseok looked at Luhan uneasily. Luhan gave him a reassuring smile, a quick kiss on the forehead and squeezed his hand to silently offer his support.

    The doctor looked at his blood pressure and other vital signs, then he looked in Minseok’s mouth, at his fingernails and his eyes. “Are you thirsty?”

    “Considering the last time I had anything to drink was almost a week ago, yes.” Minseok said in a snippy way. Luhan poured the smaller man a cup of water.

    “Nausea? Stiff muscles?”

    “Only stiff around where the stitches are and where it looks like they stabbed me with really big needles.” He gestured at the bruises with large track marks up and down his arms and legs. “Also I’m starving.”

    “Be right back!” Luhan stated, leaving Minseok and Sehun with the doctor.

    The doctor asked a few questions and right off the bat, Minseok told him that he had lost his memory. “How do you know the other two are your friends and not trying to take advantage of you?”

    “Because that is one thing I do remember” Luhan came back with four large meatbuns.

    “Ok … before you eat, I need you to lay back so I can check one last thing.” The doctor patted the bed. Minseok did as he was told. He held his hands out to Luhan. The redhead handed Sehun the bag of meatbuns and gripped Minseok.

    Minseok scrunched his face up in pain when the doctor first started to look over the stitches. “You ok?” Luhan kissed Minseok’s knuckles.

    “Really hurts …” he whimpered.

    “I can give you a local anesthetic if you want, this is going to hurt a bit more in a second.” The doctor said as he pulled a tool from a nearby drawer and prepared it for something.

    “Yes please.” Minseok said as he apprehensively watched the doctor prepare the torturous looking device.

    Even after the anesthetic and Luhan holding his hands to help him relax, Minseok still cried out. Luhan continued kissing Minseok’s forehead, his hair and cooing encouraging words at him while Sehun took over hand holding duty.

    “We need to keep him under observation for the night to help him deal with the withdrawal symptoms. Minseok is also going to need to give a statement to the police.”

    “Can I stay in Sehun’s room?” He asked the doctor, sounding like a little kid asking for a sleepover. Luhan stared at the doctor and must have pulled some weird human control trick.

    “I’ll see what strings I can pull.” The doctor said with a smile.