subconscious

fated

still kinda short but , double update so dont forget to read the chapter before this

 

 

 

 



    “Something not good is going on.” Minji said as soon as the three men stepped out.

    “What kind of not good?” Minseok asked.

    “There’re cops in the living room and I think they want to ask you questions.” She said.

    “I don’t really have answers, but I'm pretty sure I’m guilt free of anything.” He shrugged.

    The four men headed to the kitchen and Minseok’s mother stopped him as he was led past her on the couch. “Where did you go? And who is that?” She asked, pointing at Yixing.

    “Sehun’s house, I thought Minji would have told you.”

“I did.” Minji said from across the room.

“And he’s Yixing.” He replied without elaboration and continued to the kitchen.

    “These men would like a word with you Minseok.” His father said sternly.

    “In a minute, we’re starving.” Minseok brushed them off. He looked around the kitchen in confusion. “I have no idea where anything is,” He pouted.

    “What do you want?” Minji asked cheerfully, coming seemingly out of nowhere.

    “I like her,” Yixing smirked as Minseok and Sehun jumped a foot into the air and clutched their chests.

    “We were hoping for leftovers. No idea where the plates or anything are.” She showed him where everything was and stared at the four men who were leaning against the counter munching away.

    “You want some chicken?” Minji asked Yixing.

    “No thank you, strictly vegetarian.” He replied pleasantly. “But I’d love some more carrots if you have some.” He said.

    The two officers, obviously tired of waiting for Minseok went into the kitchen and saw the small man buffalo wing sauce off of his fingers with a pleased look on his face.

    “You’re such a little slob.” Luhan said and wiped a spot of sauce that was on his cheek off with his thumb before the digit off.

    “I can’t help it if hospital food is disgusting… Sure as beat the starving I felt when I woke up though.” The small man pouted.

    One of the officers cleared their throat. “Minseok, you need to come with us.” He said.

    “You can ask me questions here, I’ll answer” He replied, through a mouthful of food.

    “We’re going with him too.” Luhan said when the first officer shook his head.

    “I’m afraid you can’t.” The other officer said.

    “I won’t go without Luhan and Sehun.” Minseok said.

    One of the officers brought out a pair of handcuffs. Minseok’s eyes went wide and he backed up until he hit a corner. He whimpered and pled over and over. “Please no, not again.” He started keening when they approached him.

    “Please stop! He’s been through enough trauma as it is, why are you doing this to him?” Minji asked.

    Minseok was shaking violently with tears running down his face. The officers were undeterred and one picked Minseok up while the other placed the cuffs on him. the keening noise escalated into a full blown scream that never let up.

    “Take me with him!” Luhan demanded over the yelps and panicked shrieking,“ I’ve been with him the whole time, I’ve seen everything he has.” He stood in the way of the two men trying to carry his screaming ward out of the kitchen.

    Minseok started kicking and flailing, trying to get out of the cuffs. “Fine.” One of them said.

    “You two stay here. We’ll be back sooner than you think.” He told them. “Eat something and get some rest, Sehun.”

    They got into the car after Minseok’s screeches and cries started to attract the neighbors. Once in the car, the officer who wasn’t driving turned to Luhan, “Does he breathe?” He asked.

    “When he’s not panicking. Please uncuff him.” Luhan pled. The officers denied his request. Luhan ran his fingers down Minseok’s cheek. “Min, it’s ok, open your eyes. You’re not in the warehouse. They’re not kidnapping you.” Stopped screaming but refused to open his eyes. He struggled to get out of the cuffs. His wrists were starting to bleed. “Please sir, I’m begging you. the cuffs are hurting him.” They ignored him.

    They got to the station and Minseok tried to run. He didn’t get more than two feet before he was tackled to the ground. He bit his tongue when he made contact with the ground and he started screeching again. They carried him to an interrogation room and sat him harshly in front of a table.

    They left him and Luhan to get something. Minseok had a look on his face of sheer terror when he noticed that they had sat him on a folding chair.

    Luhan took a step back as Minseok let out the loudest, most animalistic noise he had ever heard before standing, pulling his arms apart and throwing the chair at the one way shatterproof glass on the other side of the room. The glass shattered. Luhan heard a noise that indicated that his wrists may have as well.

    Minseok collapsed as Luhan walked up to him trying to calm him down. He gasped when he realized that the small man’s eyes had bled completely black. “Calm down Min. You hurt yourself.” He said when the small man tried to push himself up but collapsed again when his bloody wrists wouldn’t hold him up.

    “Luhan… it hurts… everything hurts so much.” He whimpered, “My skin feels like fire and ice and tingly like it’s just waking up. How do I stop it?” He took a deep shuddering breath, coughing when he choked a little on the blood from his tongue, “Also someone in holding cell five just died.” Luhan sat in a corner and pulled Minseok to sit between his legs, wiping blood off of his face with his sleeve.

    “I wish I could help you right now. Maybe if we close our eyes and get a little bit of rest until those two s come back. You’ll feel better.” Minseok nodded as Luhan his hair.

    They drifted off until the door slammed open and they were startled awake.

    “What the happened?” Someone asked. Luhan couldn’t see him over the table. Luhan looked down at Minseok making sure his eyes were back to normal as he tried to burrow into Luhan’s arms for safety.

    “I told the officer that cuffing Minseok was a bad idea.” He lifted Minseok’s black forearm and cradled the hand gently in his own. “He needs medical attention right away. His wrists are broken and he’s still bleeding.”

    “But we still need to question him… and you.”

    “You can ask your questions in the hospital, please. He doesn’t need to lose any more blood. He only just came out of the hospital today.” He was not used to just using words to persuade people.

    Luhan stood, picking up a pale, barely conscious Minseok up and cradling him in his arms.

    They were sitting in the hospital’s waiting room. Minseok’s arms were wrapped in bandages and ice. His eyes were blank and his head was laying heavily on Luhan’s shoulder. The psychopomp was answering questions when Sehun ran in followed by Yixing.

    “What happened to him?” Sehun asked as he dropped to his knees to look Minseok in the face. “You look like .” He said before kissing him softly.

    “Cut that out. One of you in the hospital and one out of commission is plenty enough.” Yixing said firmly.

    “But… it hurts…” Sehun said sadly. “Why did they take him away anyway?”

    “Apparently Minseok’s attackers freaked the out and all they can say now is ‘Kim Minseok’ and ‘Red hair monster’” Luhan replied with a proud smirk.

    “ing good.” Sehun said angrily. “Our Minseokkie didn’t deserve anything that happened to him.”

    “I did think it was odd that you had no previous convictions of any type and now this large business magnate insists that you’re this horrifying monster.” The detective said. “He’s twice Minseok’s size too.”

    “How could I?” He chuckled humourlessly it almost echoed despite the near tonelessness of it. “I think I was handcuffed to a folding chair when they did …everything.” He mumbled as he looked up at the detective with darkly ringed eyes.

    “Oh gods are you starting to remember?” Luhan asked nervously.

    Minseok shook his head, “Yixing said I had a cracked rib,” He tried to tick things off on his fingers but they only twitched slightly before he grunted in pain. “When I woke up in the hospital I had scabs and bruises on my forearms that had nothing to do with the track marks not to mention my seemingly irrational fear of folding chairs and handcuffs.”

    “That definitely coincides with what they were jabbering about.”

    Yixing sat on the floor by Minseok’s feet and took one of his hands, making him yelp in pain. “Sorry,”  he said, “I’m just looking. Bend your fingers” He told the small man. He couldn’t do more than twitch and then he grunted in pain. “They’re probably going to have to put pins in your wrists and your boyfriends are going to have to take care of you for a little while.” He said cautiously while looking at the detective.

    “Why do you think they’re my boyfriends?” He mumbled softly too lethargic to talk any louder.

    “Oh please, don’t think I didn’t see the hickeys on your necks.” He pouted as he pointed at Sehun’s neck. “I’m your caretaker because I’m so observant.”

    Minseok was called back and Yixing went with him because only one person was allowed to go. He explained to the doctor what was broken and what he (knew) thought Minseok needed.

    “So… what’s your situation?” The detective asked the remaining two men.

    “What do you mean?” Sehun asked

    “You three are obviously more than friends going by the earlier conversation…”

    “Too soon to tell, Sehun replied. We haven’t known each other for very long.”

    “But you’re so in tune with each other. That’s really rare-” He was cut off when the two men’s heads snapped toward the room Minseok went in. A moment later, Minseok’s screams had them on their feet and running toward the examination room.

    “It's ok guys, we’ve got it covered.” Yixing said without even looking up from helping the nurse. “Go sit down.” His voice was commanding.

    “Just… don’t let him have any morphine or anything… he’s uh… allergic… yeah.” Luhan warned.

    They trudged hand in hand back to the waiting room, Sehun took Luhan’s head and put it on his shoulder while wrapping an arm around him. “Sleep.” He frowned. “You’ve been avoiding it.” Luhan closed his eyes and finally rested.

    “How long had he been awake for?” The detective asked.

    “Too long. It’s doing bad things to his health.” Luhan wrapped his arms around the tall man and his head dropped from his shoulder to his lap, leaving Luhan awkwardly bent over the armrest. “I have half a mind to leave him like this.” Sehun frowned before picking Luhan up and moving to a seat that had no armrests.

 

    Hours had passed and the detective had left stating there was nothing else he could ask. Sehun had turned so he could rest his head on the wall behind him and Luhan could sleep between his long legs as he dozed on the uncomfortable chair. Yixing coughed loud enough to wake Sehun up.

    “How is he?” Sehun asked quietly.

    “His wrists were so ed up that they had to actually cement them back together. He’s gonna wake up soon. Bring Luhan and we can see him.”

 

    Minseok opened his eyes to the sound of heart monitors and other machines around him. He made a face like he had a hangover as he tried to the roof of his mouth to get the taste of old blood and death out of his mouth.  He tried to rub the sleep out of his eyes and was clubbed in the face with an air cast. He looked at his hand and tried to move his fingers. They still wouldn’t move. He tried to sit up. It hurt too much to push himself up so he did an awkward shimmy toward the head of the bed. He heard rushed footsteps coming toward him and smiled.

    Luhan was frowning in his sleep. He curled his face into Sehun’s chest.

    “How are you feeling?” Yixing asked.

    “Thirsty.” He croaked, “And incredibly helpless. Why did I do that to myself?” He asked while looking unhappily at the hands that he lifted to inspect.

    “You were ing terrified.” Luhan replied from Sehun’s arms. “You weren’t even that scared when you were about to die.”

    “How long have you been awake?” Sehun asked.

    “When you picked me up.”

    “And you let me carry you all the way here?”  He frowned.

    “I like it in your arms.” He snuggled his face into the tall man’s chest. Sehun stared at him incredulously while debating in his head whether he should drop the redhead or keep- he had started kissing Sehun’s collarbone. Sehun decided that he could hold Luhan a little longer. He purred in the back of his throat.

    Yixing poured Minseok a glass of water and held it for him as he drank.

    “Thanks.” Minseok said with a light smile.

    “It was nothing, just water.”

    “No I mean for everything. All of your help. You didn’t have to stay.” He replied, “You could have just fixed Sehun then went on your merry way.” Yixing just shrugged in reply.