ghosts

fated

so, i been keeping busy

watched doctor who xmas special

came up with a new story idea

been editing some of my old stories to put up on ao3... yknow. stuff

 



    The next day, after a long bus ride, (Sehun spending most of his time with his eyes closed pretending that he was anywhere else but on a bus) they arrived at the first house. They were wearing jeans and t-shirts, making them look younger than they actually were.

    “Is your boss going to come soon?” The woman asked while looking over Minseok and Sehun’s shoulders.

    “I am the boss miss. This is Sehun, he’s my trainee and assistant.” He said with a slight frown.

    “I could have sworn you were older.”

    “Older than we look ma’am. What seems to be disturbing you?”

    She led them through the house. “It’s in here, in the kitchen, and on the stairs.” She said.

    Minseok looked at the first room. He could feel something. “Do you feel anything Hunnie?”

    Sehun walked around the room. He looked behind pieces of furniture and under tables. He crouched as the woman who owned the house looked on in confusion.

    Minseok walked up behind Sehun and looked at the little girl. “Can you hold still for a minute? I’m trying to teach my friend here something, ok?”

    Sehun and the ghost looked up at Minseok curiously.

    “Ok, tell me what you see.” Minseok said.

    “I can see a crouching figure.” He squinted a bit, “Judging by the size, I’d say it’s a kid.”

    “Good so far, you’re not seeing a face or any details yet?” Sehun shook his head. “Maybe if you try to take her hand, you’ll be able to see her more clearly.” Minseok wondered out loud.

    The woman watched Sehun put out his hand. There was a gust of wind and Sehun had fallen backwards.

    “Wow!” Minseok half shouted. “That was fast! Maybe you don’t need to be able to see them very clearly to send them off.”

    “It went so fast, I didn’t see what happened.” Sehun said.

    “You touched her, the door opened, slammed shut and the wind knocked you on your it was that fast.”

    “Let’s try the next one.” Sehun said like a kid who just learned how to ride a bike and couldn’t wait to do it again.

    “Ok, where is the next one, miss?” Minseok asked.

    She showed them to the kitchen. Sehun walked in, froze then hid behind Minseok who was not yet in the kitchen. Sehun was at least a head taller than Minseok.

    “Whats wrong?”

    “S- s- slenderman.” He was actually shaking hard enough to rattle Minseok's teeth.

     “No way,” He stuck his head around the corner to look into the kitchen. “You must be mist-“ He made sure the spectre in the kitchen couldn’t see him.

    Minseok bit his knuckle so he wouldn’t scream. He shakily brought his phone to his ear. After a few rings, the other end. “What’s wrong?”

    “S- s- slenderman …” Minseok whimpered.

    “What’s a slenderman? Tell me what all is going on.” He could feel his ward’s fear in the pit of his own stomach.

    “Sehun and I … we … working.” Minseok took a deep calming breath, “Sehun got the first spirit … way super fast even though he couldn’t really see her … But th-this … kitchen … come help please.” He grabbed Sehun’s hand and squeezed.

    “What’s wrong?” The woman asked the two terrified men. She was about to go into the kitchen.

    “No! stay out here, please.” Minseok said. There was a knock on the door. The woman answered and Luhan was standing there with a large grin on his face.

    “I heard there were two terrified young men cowering outside of your kitchen.” He said jovially.

    “Are all of you ghost hunters this young?”

    “The good ones” He shrugged.

    Luhan walked past the two men and into the kitchen. “No! wait Hannie!” They covered their eyes when the redhead went into the kitchen.

    “Goodness you’re tall.” They heard him say. There sounded like a small struggle. Luhan shouted. on instinct the two men rushed in to rescue him. They stopped dead in their tracks when they saw the slenderman with a bag of candy in his hand dangling higher than Luhan could jump.

    “… Really?” Sehun asked in disbelief.

    Minseok made a small yelp noise when Sehun crouched and lifted him onto his shoulders. He easily grabbed the bag of candy from the spectre’s hand and at the same time he touched the creature’s wrist, it into its own doorway.

    Minseok dropped the bag and it landed with a soft thump on Luhan’s head. “Ow! Was that necessary?”

    “Just adding injury to insult.” Minseok teased. “Where was the third ghost?” He looked over his shoulder to ask the woman.

    The lady pointed toward the stairs. “It sounds like someone keeps walking up and down the stairs … Bouncing a ball or knocking.”

    They walked to the stairs and all three of them cocked their head at the… something at the bottom of the stairs pointing at the space under the stairs. It looked like a wall. “How long have you lived here?” Minseok asked.

    “Almost a year.”

    Minseok started to knock on the wall just below the stairs. “Did you cover up this door?”

    “What door?” She asked.

    “Are there blueprints?” The small man asked.

    She came back five minutes later with them. He flipped through the pages and stopped at the stairs. “See that?” He pointed at a spot on the stairs, “That’s one of those under stair storage rooms.”

    “There’s something trapped in there.” Sehun said.

    “How do you get it out?” Luhan asked.

    “Maybe we should open it up?” Minseok suggested. The woman agreed to anything that would stop the noises. Luhan pulled a box cutter from Minseok’s messenger bag and handed it to him.

    “You’re in charge.” He said as he stepped back and crossed his arms, standing beside the woman. Minseok looked stunned for a moment but recovered quickly. He felt along the wall for what could be a seam in the door. He cut through the wallpaper and Sehun helped him pull the door open.

    For a moment there was nothing but an acrid rotting smell and a small breeze. Minseok squinted to look into the darkness. He and Sehun tried to back up but appeared to have tripped over each other in their haste to back away from the door.

    Minseok and Sehun flailed as numerous spirits landed on top of them. “Lu~ helllp” Minseok managed to eek out.

    Luhan stepped forward and a large door opened, the pile of ghosts off of his wards. Minseok crawled unsteadily toward the small cupboard. He pulled a flashlight from his messenger bag and shined it into the small room. There was a panel on the other side of the cupboard that had been knocked loose by the desperate ghosts. Minseok closed his eyes to see if he could feel beyond the hole in the wall.

    “Do you feel anything past the wall Hunnie?” the small man asked.

    “Nope.” He said with his eyes also closed.

    “Could you pull the panel out then?” He dug through his bag and handed Sehun some gloves so he wouldn’t get splinters. Sehun rolled his eyes but did it anyway. Minseok looked in. “You have a really bad black mold problem in here.” He said.

    The small man went in a little farther and squinted a bit. “Oh … hello” Minseok said quietly. There was a little girl in the back of the hidden room. “Would you like to leave?”

    She bared a mouthful of needle sharp, gory teeth. Minseok tried to back up but she grabbed him before he could move. The last thing he saw before dropping his flashlight was several more sharp toothed children closing in on him.

    “Luhan! Help! Ow!” She bit into the fleshy part of his forearm, “HELP … THERE’S MORE OF THEM IN HERE!” He was pulled farther in.

    “Send them home.” Luhan shouted at him.

    “I can’t. They have my ing hands … in their grubby teeth … hurts … Just ing get in here and help!” He shrieked in pain as another one bit him.

    “Spread your energy out dummy.” Luhan said. Minseok did. There was a bright flash of light and a poof noise. It was dead quiet. A few moments later, Minseok climbed out of the hidden room, covered in blood and child sized bitemarks. “From now on, if you see anything iffy, call one of us immediately.” The redhead said. “Are you ok?”

    “Peachy …” He said before fainting.

    “Could you get him some water and perhaps a washcloth?” Luhan asked the woman who owned the house. Minseok’s eyes opened a little. “Did you leave your flashlight in there?” Luhan asked.

    “Kinda dropped it. Why?” He mumbled groggily.

    “Never leave anything behind. Luhan frowned. “Sehun. Go get the flashlight.” The redhead said to the tall man.

    The tall man sighed, rolled his eyes and squeezed into the dark room. He easily found the flashlight and before he could leave the dark room he heard an eerie tittering. Sehun pointed the flashlight toward the noise.

    Outside, the others heard Sehun’s truncated scream.