those we've left behind

fated

... this one's really short too

i'll make today another double update day

also, i don't wanna go into detail, but any happy thoughs you can send my way would be appreciated

 

 



    Luhan aparated into the hospital room and had to stop himself from cooing when he saw the two cuddling on the bed. He looked at the wallet in his hand and pulled out Minseok’s ID card. A moment later he was inside an apartment. He was standing in front of a dresser that had an apron with a nametag which said Minseok on it. “Barista huh?” He chuckled to himself as he opened the drawers looking for some clean clothes.

    All the boy seemed to wear were slacks and button up shirts. He dug farther back and he found some t-shirts and sweats. Luhan stood up straight when he felt something hard jab him in the back. He put his hands up in surrender and slowly looked over his shoulder.

    “Who are you? How did you get in here? What did you do with Minseok?” the man with the silver hair demanded.

    Luhan ticked the answers off on his fingers. “You don’t wanna know, you’ll never believe me and nothing.”

    Luhan turned to see the argent haired man brandishing a broom handle threateningly at him.

    “As soon as you step out of here, there will be a bunch of cops ready to jump you and question you until you bring Min back.” He insisted.

    “Then I won’t step out of here, ChaHakyeon.” Luhan said as he opened his eyes wide for a split second. He’ll be needing underwear won’t he?” He turned and started rummaging through the drawers again.

    “How do you know my name?” He demanded again. The broom really wasn't that threatening, despite his attempted war face. Luhan thought he looked like a pouting child.

    “You don’t want to know~” Luhan sang back as he pulled out a duffel bag from Minseok’s closet. “What is he to you?” Luhan asked Hakyeon.

    “He’s my friend … my best friend.” He said, almost choked up.

    Before Hakyeon could even blink, Luhan had his face in his hands. His cheeks cupped gently and Hakyeon thought Luhan was about to kiss him. He was caught by surprise when Luhan pressed their foreheads together and a moment later he gasped with his eyes open.

    The psychopomp stumbled back a few steps. “You poor bastard.” Luhan muttered before he hugged the man with the silver hair.

    “What?” Hakyeon looked confused.

    “I saw … everything. You convincing Minseok to go clubbing … not being able to find him … trying to call the cops and being frustrated because he hadn’t been missing long enough … you couldn’t find him on your own.” Luhan smirked wistfully, “You never gave up hope… The cops are a dead end and now I’m your only clue …”

    Hakyeon nodded, “Please … He’s all I have left. My parents left me behind because I don’t like girls and Min took me in without a word … I need to see him.”

    “Is there anything in here that he might find precious?” Luhan asked suddenly. Hakyeon took a necklace with a cross on it off of Minseok’s bedside table.

    “He might want his laptop too. It was rare I ever saw him without it.” Luhan nodded before putting everything into the duffel bag.

     Luhan sighed. “I’ll take you to him, but there’s a few things that might upset you when you get there.”

    “Like what”? He sounded apprehensive.

    “He most likely won’t remember you.”

    “Why not?” He frowned.

    “Before I rescued him, his kidnappers … did a few really bad things to him…” Luhan frowned and sniffled because he remembered how Minseok felt. “His brain thought it would be better to forget everything than to let him remember it … so I don’t know how intact his personality will be.”

    “I don’t care… As long as he’s ok now.” He threw Minseok’s phone charger in the bag and looked expectantly at Luhan.

    “Now? You want to go now?”

    “Yes.”

    “Don’t you humans sleep?”

    “What?”

    “I mean you’ll have to be quiet. They’re sleeping. It’s so cute, They’re tangled up in each other.” Luhan cooed. Hakyeon’s smile wavered slightly.