candles

fated

part 2 of a double update... if im feeling generous there might be a third update

 

 

 



    Inside Minseok and Luhan slept curled together in a small ball. Luhan essentially powered down. There were no life signs and he didn’t dream but it felt amazing to him to be able to rest so much.

    Minseok walked down a hall with old wooden floorboards that looked as if they may have been beautifully polished at one point and yellowing paper windows. His feet seemed to know where he was going so he let them guide him. The hall opened up into a massive room. He couldn’t see the other end, it was that big. The walls were lined with candles. Occasionally one would go out and it would be replaced almost instantly by another.

    He was staring at the wooden beams that were holding up the massive roof and tried to take everything in. He was pretty sure he knew where he was. He had absolutely no idea what the name was though.

    “The end of all things.” A voice rang out from a little ways ahead.

    “If you go through the door to your left, you can see Luhan’s … office.” Another voice said.

    “There isn’t anything there. He keeps it empty for dramatic effect.” A third voice said.

    Minseok hadn’t noticed the door until they pointed it out. He opened the door and looked in. There was nothing but white. He couldn’t see where the walls or ceiling were, it was all the same colour and impossible to tell how big the room was.

    He turned around to try and locate the three voices. He hadn’t gone more than three steps before nearly tripping on a small man. Well, compared to himself, the man was about equal in size.

    “Sorry.” Was all he could say when he saw three men sitting on a small blanket, enjoying tea and Japanese food.

    “Care to join us KimMinseok?” There was already a space for him to sit.

    “Hi.” He said as he sat down, at least trying to be polite as the man in the middle handed him a teacup.

    “It is, isn’t it?” The man with the ginger hair stated.

    “What?” Minseok asked.

    “You were going to say that the tea was delicious and now you don’t have to.” The smallest and quite blond man said.

    “Luhan found you.” The man with hair the same colour as Luhan’s said.

    “And OhSehun.” The blond added.

    “Yeah.”

    “Your lives have ended.” The redhead stated.

    “No, Luhan saved our lives.” He insisted, “We’re still alive.”

    “KimMinseok died in that warehouse. In anguish and fear. He may have come back once or twice, but the KimMinseok that was is no more. You will remember parts of his life. People most important to him are forever there upon his lips, but the KimMinseok that was will never be again.” The blond said.

    “Is Sehun still alive? He remembers before his accident.”

    “He didn’t have his memory wiped, but he is no longer.” The redhead stated.

    “We know you believe this to be unfair, but if Luhan had allowed you your memories, you would have spent the rest of eternity trying to find ways to end your existence.” The ginger haired man said. “You really don’t want to know the details of that night.”

    “How long do we have before we have to go away for good? Luhan said soon.” Minseok asked, knowing that the other men had a point.

    “The reaper has a ty concept of time.” They all said.

    “Unless he’s been given a certain place and time, he’s completely baffled by your hours and minutes.” The ginger man said.

    “How long do we have to spend with our families and friends?”

    “I would say what you humans call a lifetime.” The ginger haired man smiled softly after taking a sip of his tea.

    Minseok blinked at the three men. “… really?”

    “You can make new memories with your family.” The blond smiled.

    “Or OhSehun through the mattress.” The ginger haired man smirked. “After ing Luhan into the wall.”

    “I … um … well …” Minseok’s ears were turning red.

    “For some reason this KimMinseok is quite … dominant. The other was pretty much aual.” The blond said.

    “I guess my sister was right.” He said under his breath.

    The ginger haired man stood. “Come with me.” He said.

    Minseok took his hand then followed him to a small cupboard.

    He opened it and there were two candles, one was flickering with black fire and the other was a wandering shade of grey that was very slowly fading to black. The flame fluttered like a butterfly. “This is you, and this OhSehun.” He pointed to each candle as he said a name. “You, and eventually Sehun (when he changes enough) will be able to come and see how long you have before you need to leave your family. You might want to leave before someone notices that you don’t age.”

    “Why did I change so fast?” The smaller man asked.

    “You are a blank slate. You are essentially three days old and are more susceptible.” The ginger haired man looked at his watch, “Hm … awkward time for you I’m afraid.”

    “What?”

    “I’ll tell the other two you said goodbye.”