expectations

fated

Sorry

I keep forgetting what day it is

Here, have smth else to read

It's short do I'mma double post

 

 



    “Where's Sehun?” Hakyeon asked when Ren and Minseok walked into the apartment.

    “Sehun went home to tell his parents that he had decided to change what degree he was getting” Ren said.

    “Is that why he went home?” Minseok looked baffled. “He really loved the idea that he could help people.”

    “The butterflies must have changed everything.” Wonsik said softly.

    “How did you know about the butterflies?” Ren asked.

    “You guys don't see them?” everyone shook their heads. “Just me and Sehun then?” Everyone nodded. “That's why I transferred to that new company. The old job had me stumbling over corpses left and right trying to figure out what the butterflies were trying to tell me.”

    “What new company?” Minseok asked.

    “I locate stolen museum pieces. It's a really cool job actually.”

    “And a steady paycheck” Hakyeon grinned.

    “What is Sehun going to do instead?” Hakyeon asked.

    “I think they're starting him on an archaeology internship.”

    “Fun” Hakyeon said honestly.

    “They're sending him away as soon as possible” Minseok pouted.

    “Aww.”

 

Sehun's house

    “What do you mean you're not doing the doctor thing anymore? Get a job like your brother if you're dropping out!”

    “I'm not dropping out, mom. I'm doing the archaeology degree.”

    “It's not gonna be Indiana Jones, fun and games, Sehun.” His father said.

    “I'm fully aware.”

 

A few hours later

    Sehun knocked on the door to the apartment.

    “I thought you were visiting your family.” Minseok said.

    “We got into a fight about what I want to do with my life.” His face looked blank, but his eyes looked broken.

    “Screaming?” Minseok asked. Sehun nodded.

    “They take away their financial support?” Ren asked. He nodded again.

    “I got so upset my eyes must've done the thing and they automatically assumed I was on drugs.”

    “What?” Ren raised an eyebrow.

    “They're blaming Minseok and now they're wary of Minji too. Afraid the whole family is going to be like that.” He growled.

    “Don't they realise they're our family too?” Minseok asked.

    Minseok's phone rang. Minji was distraught.

    “Lemme guess, Sehun's parents are giving you too?” He asked his sister.

    Jun is telling them to off.” She sniffled.

    “Good man” Minseok praised. “Told him I wouldn't let you marry him if he didn't protect you. Glad he's keeping up his end of the bargain.”

    A voice came in from behind Minji “ask him how Sehun is.”

    “Sehun is... upset.”

    What happened?”

    Minseok explained what Sehun told him and the two on the other end groaned appropriately.

    “Take care of each other, ok?” Minseok said before hanging up. He was about to say something, but Ren had already dragged Sehun into the bedroom.

    Sehun looked terrified about the fact that Ren was trying to pull his shirt off

    Take your clothes off before he ruins them, Hun.”

    “But… what are you trying to do?”

    “Clothes off, face down, do it now before I change my mind.”

    Sehun complied and laid on the bed. He heard the tiny click of a bottle and Ren sat on his legs.

He waited and the seconds seemed to drag by.

    He was startled by soft, warm hands running up his back.

    He relaxed as Ren worked the knots out of his back and decided that he wouldn't move anymore. He fell asleep quickly. This was the best way to end a ty day.

 

    “Min… Minseok…”

    “Hnn?” Minseok grumbled from under Ren's arm.

    “I gotta go.” Sehun whispered. “Tell Ren I said thanks, ok?”

    “Y’r welcome.” Ren mumbled at him before patting him on the shoulder.

    “Be safe.” Minseok puckered his lips and Sehun kissed him before grabbing his bag and walking out the door.

    “Something doesn't bode well with this goodbye.” Ren mumbled against the back of Minseok's neck.

    “Like the fact that he didn't just leave?” Minseok grumbled.

    “Could be it.” He replied, snuggling under the blankets.