nightmares

fated

so i think this is short enough to warant a double update, what do you think?

 

 

 



    That night Minseok slept in the bed next to Sehun’s and Luhan sat reading a book in between them.

    Half way through the night he and Sehun were startled awake by Minseok’s whimpering and kicking. ‘No … please … stop’ He mumbled.

    Luhan grabbed Minseok’s hand and kissed his forehead. The smaller man’s eyes shot open and he punched Luhan in the face. “Oh my god, I’m sorry.” He squawked at the man currently sprawled on the floor.

    “You ok?” Sehun asked, more impresed with Minseok's punch than concerned with the psychopomp's wellbeing.

    His jaw popped a few times before Luhan very audibly snapped it back in place, “Yeah … Great … Fine. That’s one hell of a right hook you got there.” He flexed his jaw a few times while blinking very rapidly.

    Minseok sat up and kissed Luhan’s cheek. Luhan looked at him in confusion, “It worked on us, I didn’t see why I couldn’t try to help you too.” Luhan’s lower lip wibbled and he looked like he could cry before quickly cupping Minseok's cheeks. That was the first time he’d kissed either of them on the lips.

    Sehun crawled out of his bed to sit next to Minseok on his. “Were you remembering or was it a nightmare?” He asked, resting his chin on Minseok’s shoulder.

    “Dunno.” He said looking terribly distraught. “He wouldn’t stop … In fact he did it more when I screamed … He liked it when I screamed.” Luhan and Sehun both wrapped their arms around the small man who looked even smaller and kissed his temple.

    They held him silently as he cried until he sniffled and asked for some water.

    Luhan pulled him onto his lap and brought their foreheads together. Sehun thought he’d kiss the small man again, but he didn’t. He just sat there with his forehead pressed against Minseok’s. The two men gasped and suddenly Minseok looked tired.

    “Do you remember anything before that?” Luhan asked.

    “Family, school anything?”

    “They took my wallet …”Minseok said absently, as if he was in a trance. “That might help me find where I’m from.”

    “Excellent. I’ll be back shortly.” Luhan sneered. He was terrifying looking when he was genuinely angry.

     “I don’t think anything we can say will stop him.” Sehun said with a sigh.

    “It’s almost like we already know each other so well.” Minseok marveled.

    “No idea how long he’ll be gone, do you want to try to sleep more?”

    “I don’t think I can sleep on my own.”  He pouted.

    Sehun sighed. “Do you want to be the big spoon?”

    “Normally I’d probably say no, but the stitches are telling me yes.” They positioned themselves so Sehun could be the little spoon and his arm would be undisturbed. “How did he find you?” Minseok asked.

    “He swooped in at the last minute before I bled out in a bus accident.” He pushed Minseok’s hand (that had come to rest on Sehun’s ribs and tried to snake across his chest) down to his hip. “I was almost cut in half, from my shoulder to my hips.”

    “Shouldn’t you be hooked to more than just the draining tube?” he lifted his head to look at the tube coming off of the front of Sehun’s chest.

    “Thanks to Luhan, they’re calling me the miracle patient. I’m not really well enough to take out the stitches or anything, but I am well enough to eat on my own and not need the fluid pumped out of my lungs with a machine.”

    “That’s good …” he murmured quietly into the back of Sehun’s neck, causing the younger man to shiver.

    “But Luhan told me before he found you that our bodies are changing. He’s not sure how long, but eventually we’ll only look like this. We won’t be human anymore.”

    “Maybe we’ll be able to survive anything.” Minseok whispered before falling into a dreamless sleep.