Challenge accepted

More than just a manager.

‘How was your first day at school?’ Chaewon grinned as she adjusted her tie.

‘Great! How was work?’ He kissed her on her forehead.

‘It was good; do you have your books?’ Chaewon giggled and tied her hair up.

‘Just because you’re my brother doesn’t mean you’re my mom.’ Minseok laughed as he put on his apron.

‘What are you cooking for dinner?’ Minseok grinned as he the stove.

‘rice cake.’ Chaewon beamed and clapped her hands.

‘Yay!’

 

“Hm…?” Luhan blinded a few times.

“Oh you’re awake.” Jongdae grinned and poked Luhan in the face with a water bottle.

“What time is it?”

“5 in the morning, thanks to you I won’t be having any sleep today either.” Luhan chuckled bitterly. He looked around in the back of the car, as if he was looking for someone.

“If you’re looking for Minseok he’s out there.” Jongdae pointed at the gates.

“Why are we at a…” Jongdae unlocked the car doors.

“Ask him yourself.”

 

“Hey.” Minseok whispered as he kneeled down next to the grave.

“Long time no see, I missed you, Chaewon.” He placed some flowers in front of the stone and sighed.

“I found this…this amazing place called SM where everyone treated me better than anyone I’ve ever met.” Minseok chuckled and kept his head down.

“Where my ideas were respected and every day is a highlight.” He looked up at the words ‘Kim Chaewon.’

“I met this man.” He grinned, he brushed his hair back and closed his eyes.

“He told me to try and love him.” He laughed to himself.

“Funny right? Such weird things he’s saying.”

Luhan emerged and looked at Minseok’s back.

“But…” He stood up and brushed his pants lightly.

“I don’t think I can ever love.” He ran his fingers on the smooth stone and sighed.

“Yo.” Minseok turned back and waved.

“Hi.” Luhan came to his side and bowed at the grave.

“No need, she’s cool with it.” He grinned and stood there.

“You really loved her didn’t you?” Luhan said as Minseok balled his hands to fists.

“Yes, yes I did.”

“Why didn’t you tell me beforehand?” Minseok sighed and scratched his head.

“I’d never thought that this would happen, to fall in love is hard enough.” Luhan nodded and placed his hand on the back of Minseok’s head.

“No rush.” Minseok widened his eyes and grinned.

“No rush.” Luhan chuckled and threw a jacket on Minseok’s back.

“Get back to the car, you’ll catch a cold.”

 

“Can you guys help me?” Sehun raised a brow as Luhan bowed in front of his coo workers.

“Luhan is asking for our help? What happened to you?” Yixing laughed.

“What’s up?” Luhan looked up and sighed.

“Minseok can’t grasp the idea of love, can you guys help?” Baekhyun giggled.

“I’m in! Chanyeol as well.” Chanyeol growled and hit Baekhyun on his head.

“Kyungsoo?” Jongin glanced at Kyungsoo who was smiling like crazy.

“We’re in.” Jongin said with a sigh.

“Ai.” Yixing and Sehun both raised their hands.

“Thanks guys.”

Luhan explain the plan to them.

  1. Try and get Minseok’s heart beat to increase.
  2. Make him blush.
  3. Make him flustered.

“It’s not going to be easy, I’ve tried for months.” Jongin whistled.

“Man, if he’s not into you then I’m done for.” Kyungsoo looked at him weirdly.

“I mean, trying to hit on Minseok for a month is long enough and it’s Luhan we’re talking about…” Luhan paused him there.

“I’m not hitting on him…”

“Oh sure.” Chanyeol said sarcastically.

“What are you guys doing?” Minseok entered the office where 7 men kneeled on the floor in a circle suspiciously. They stood up and went back to work, Minseok lifted his chin at Luhan as he sat down.

“Hey.” Jongin made a move, leaning into Minseok.

“Morning.” Minseok grinned, Jongin handed him a cup of coffee and flashed him his signature smile.

“Thanks.” Jongin tugged at Minseok’s tie and smirked.

“Nice tie.” Minseok bowed slightly and scratched his head.

“Thank you very much.” He went back to his seat, Kyungsoo almost choked of how much he was laughing.

“Shut up, like you can do any better.” Jongin blushed as Kyungsoo pat his friend’s back.

“I’ve never seen you getting rejected!” He said between giggles, Jongin slapped him lightly and leaned in his chair.

“Did you enjoy yesterday’s party?” Baekhyun grinned and glided next to Minseok.

“Mm Hm.” He nodded as he organized his papers.

“What was your favourite part?” Minseok looked up at the ceiling and sighed.

“The free food.” Sehun chuckled and sent Baekhyun a daring glare.

“Anything for free food.” Baekhyun smirked back at Sehun and pulled Minseok’s chair closer.

“Except the food, anything else?” Sehun frowned and leaned towards Minseok.

“Like the music? The guests?” Minseok thought about it for a second before a knock came from the door.

“Kim Minseok? A package has arrived.” Minseok stood up and hurried to the door.

“Hey, hey, hey, what are you thinking? Stealing my spot light like that.” Baekhyun growled, Sehun snickered.

“It’s my win today.” Baekhyun shoved Sehun on his shoulder lightly.

“No way, the day just begun!”

“Thank you very much!” Minseok returned with a box in his hands.

“Hey.” Chanyeol grinned, Minseok bowed and placed the box on his desk.

“Any plans after this?” Minseok shook his head. Chanyeol wrapped his arm around his neck.

“Wanna hang?” Baekhyun puffed out his cheeks.

‘He said he’d go with me to the new coffee shop.’ Minseok giggled and glanced at Luhan.

“Sorry, maybe not today, I just remembered something.” Chanyeol sighed but grinned again.

“Then wanna have lunch together?” Minseok nodded and smiled.

“Can I join?” Yixing budged in and smirked at Chanyeol who growled at Yixing.

“Yeah, sure.” Minseok went back to his seat.

“Try me.” Chanyeol said, Yixing chuckled coldly.

“It’s my win Park Chanyeol.”

“Minseok, can you go over my drafts?” Kyungsoo rolled his chair next to Minseok.

“Sure thing, yours is…”

“Spring’s first scent.”

“Right.” Minseok flipped as Kyungsoo leaned towards Minseok, prteneding that he couldn’t see the sheets.

“Great so far, but you might need to change some frames for her expression, she’s supposed to be surprised here.” Minseok pointed at the tiny frame Kyungsoo nodded.

“This is an important moment for her and the readers, so maybe this could make it more dramatic.” Kyungsoo made an o with his mouth and grinned.

“Thank you Minseok, what would I do without you?” Minseok ruffled Kyungsoo on his head and chuckled.

“Now worries, you have Jongin anyway.” Kyungsoo went back to Jongin’s desk and sighed.

“Why is Minseok so good at this and you aren’t?” Jongin adverted his eyes.

“You’ve never been that friendly to anyone including me.” Kyungsoo rubbed his temples, he pinched Jongin’s nose and raised a brow.

“Getting jealous?” Jongin blushed and slapped Kyungsoo lightly.

“As if!”

“You promised that you’d come to…” Chanyeol interrupted Baekhyun and placed his hand on his head.

“I didn’t forget; I was just thinking of how I would win this…this thing.” Chanyeol said between flustered words.  

“Sorry, I forgot about the store check this afternoon.” Minseok looked at Luhan who was staring at him like his life depended on it.

“Wh…what?” Luhan inched closer to his face.

“Damn it.” He hissed and went back to his work.

"Guys it's not working." Luhan said, everyone just kept on glaring at each other. 

"Okay I'm going to make this a challenge, whoever get's to make him blush first gets a day off next week." Luhan said, everyone's eyes lit up and got to work. 

'Works everytime, everyone wants a day off in the most stressful week of the month.' Luhan chuckled and went back to his work.

'I'll show Suho that I'm worthy.'