Taemin, you're the best!

More than just a manager.

Jongdae had his leg crossed with a bottle of sprite in his hands.

‘Minseokie isn’t back yet.’ He tossed the can in the garbage bin and sighed, rubbing his temples.

He kicked his legs down and stretched.

‘He’s probably really mad at me…but I couldn’t help it.’

‘I’m just following my orders.’ He thought before turning off the lamp and closing his eyes.

“Whether Minseokie or Luhan like it or not.’

 

The office was silent the next day, as if Minseok was never there, everyone went about their business and tried not to think about it too much.

“Luhan, we decided to give you a small break after Minseok left, so we won’t hand you another artist until further notice, so yeah.” Suho said awkwardly and ruffled Luhan’s hair.

“Sorry kido.”

 

“Coffee?” Sehun asked, handing him a cup. Luhan shook his head.

“No thanks.” Sehun sighed and gave the cup to Yixing who looked extremely concerned.

“He’s not having any coffee? Something is wrong with him.” Sehun glared.

“Of course.” He hissed, leaning towards Yixing so Luhan wouldn’t be able to hear them.

“His favourite artist left his department, of course he’s feeling down.” Yixing smile apologetically.

“All of us is feeling down.” Yixing’s eyes softened and gripped on his coffee cup.

“Just...give him some time.”

 

“Welcome to ShiNee!” Kibum exclaimed, Jinki grinned and stretched out his hand, Minseok took it, trying to look as neutral as possible.

“Welcome to the fantasy department, we’re more than glad to have you with us.”

 

“So, what we do is probably what you’ve been doing for the past year.” Jinki said as he showed Minseok their office.

“Instead you get to work full time on ‘Reality.’, which benefits both you and our department, you just need to add SM entertainment on your first page.” Minseok grinned and sat down in his chair, it felt different from EXO department’s cheap chairs.

“Good luck, your weekly ends on Sunday, you have plenty of time.” Jinki left him with a smile on his face.

“Hi, I'm a big fan.” Minseok turned to his left at Minho who waved.

“So is Jonghyun.” Minseok looked to his right at a man who was waving slightly, an eager expression written all over his face. Minseok giggled.

“I can show you some of my new scenes if you don’t mind.” He offered, the two almost exploded.

“Yes please!”

 

“Lunch, lunch, lunch, lunch, LUNCH!” Kibum exclaimed and raced to the elevator. Minseok laughed and glanced at Minho.

“Is this department always this high?” He chuckled and stood up from his chair, stretching.

“I guess, you’ll get used to it soon, our Key is always like this.” Jinki said and pushed the door open.

“I’ll be going first, Taemin, show Minseok where our table is.” Minho called behind his shoulder and left the two alone.

Minseok glanced behind him at Taemin who was leaning against his table, playing around with his pen.

Minseok tried to pull off a grin but failed miserably.

“I knew you would come here in the end.” He placed his ball point pen back down on his desk and took a couple steps towards Minseok.

“It wasn’t my choice.” Minseok took a couple of steps away from him.

“I’ll make sure you do more than just well in our department here.” He opened the door and gestured towards the elevator.

“After you.” 

 

“I’m not trying to be the bad guy here; you know that right?” Taemin said, taking a seat next to Minseok. He kept his attention on his steamed rice and nodded.

Taemin sighed and finished his drink, throwing it into the garbage bin.

“You know that new game that just came out?” He asked out of the blue, Minseok shot his head up, eyes beaming.

“Unbreakable bond?”

“Yeah, U.B, I heard it’s great.” Minseok agreed enthusiastically, nodding his head up and down.

“Did you know that the voice actors are coming to town the week after next week?” Minseok almost choked on his food, Taemin took out three tickets and waved them in front of Minseok.

“And look who’s got VIP passes to go see them?”

 

“You do not know how much I love Taemin right now!” Minseok yelled at Jongdae when he got home, throwing his bag on the couch.

Jongdae raised a brow and adverted his attention from the TV to Minseok who was panting like a wild beast, or a rabbit he couldn’t tell.

“Taemin gave me tickets to the fan meet of U.B!!” He screamed, flopping down next to Jongdae. He then felt his phone buzzed.

-Like the gift I gave Minseokie?-

Jongdae sighed.

-Thought it’ll lift his glomming spirit, I wonder who made him so sad *cough *cough.-

Minseok giggled again and buried his nose in Jongdae’s puffy hoodie.

“I’m soooooo excited.” Jongdae ruffled Minseok’s hair, grinning.

‘I owe you a big one, Taemin.’

 

“And we have your manager, he’s Taemin.” Jinki said and gestured him towards Taemin who waved, and Minseok waved back.

“I guess you two have already met.” Minseok skootched next to Taemin and took out his latest pages.

“Ooo, I’m intrigued.” Taemin rubbed his hands together, flipping through the pages.

“No way…NO WAY!!” He exclaimed, standing up from his seat.

“You’re telling me that Rita was behind everything?! It wasn’t Kei?!” Minseok saw tears in his eyes.

“After all this time…I thought Rita was innocent and pure…” Minseok giggled, taking the pages away from his manager.

“I had that in the back of my mind for a while, because I think Rita had the least development in his character.” He shrugged, erasing Rita’s nose and redrawing it.

“I guess it just comes and goes.” Taemin sighed, looking at Minseok as he drew.

“Taemin, how should Rita say this line? ‘You morons’.” Taemin tilted his head, thinking hard.

“Because he never says those kind of things…Rita’s the goody two shoes, the nerdy one…” Taemin grinned.

“How about we make him another completely different personality? Like he says this line as if he was another person?” Minseok erased Rita’s face and quickly drew in another one, a person with a psycho grin and wide open eyes, but still Rita. Taemin stuck out his bottom lip, impressed.

“Not bad.”

 

“ARGHHHHHHHH!!!” Luhan yelled, running his fingers through his hair. Chanyeol looked up from his desk and sighed.

“What is it, Lu?” He stood up, glaring at Chanyeol.

“What is it…” He repeated, like it was something crazy.

“WHAT IS IT?! My god damn artist left for no reason that’s what it is.” Luhan slammed his fist on his desk, making Sehun and Yixing flinch.

“And you guys all act like he was never here, like he was never part of our department! Like you never cared about him…” Luhan trailed off, lips quivering.

“Lu, it’s 2 am, you’re probably tired…” Jongin stood up, placing a hand on Luhan’s shoulder. He brushed it off quite violently, hiding his face with his forearm.

“It’s not it!” He yelled, Baekhyun went over to him with worry eyes.

“Lu, it’s for the best…” Luhan looked up with tears in his eyes. This sight broke the hearts of his co-workers.

“Is it…?”

“Oh, Lu…” Baekhyun hugged him, and later was joined by the others.

“I know you’re sad about Minseokie leaving…do you not think that we’re all sad, too?” Kyungsoo said, choking on his words.

“Who do you think we are?” He said, tears streaming down his cheeks, Jongin wiped them off and sighed.

“Lu, we miss him, we really do.”

“Then do something about it-.”

“We can’t.” He said between gritted teeth.

“It’s boss’s order, we do what he says.” Baekhyun said reluctantly.

“Or get the hell out of here.”