Kaisoo extra

More than just a manager.

“Luhan and Minseok are so cute together…” Kyungsoo said as he packed up his bags, ready to head to Jongin’s place. Jongin laughed and ruffled his hair.

“Remember how we met?” Kyungsoo looked up at him and sighed.

“Of course.”

 

“Jongin! Get your over here!” Suho was yelling but that didn’t really mind Jongin much. He got up and slowly headed towards the meeting room. He bowed his head slightly while passing Luhan and pushed the unusually heavy glass door open.

“Jongin, we have one for you and don’t mess up.” Suho said and slapped Jongin on his head. He yawned and looked down at the person standing behind Suho. He waved and reached out his hand.

“Hey, I’m Jongin.” The boy took his hand and grinned nervously.

“I’m Kyungsoo.”

 

 

“So this is where magic happens.” Jongin said lazily, Yixing looked up from his desk and glared at him.

“Most, were most magic happens.” Yixing didn’t stop looking, Jongin and yixing engaed at an awkward staring contest.

“Here’s where our editors sit, we call them god speed for short.” This time both Yixing and Sehun looked up, glaring.

“Bye guys.” Sehun gave a light sigh ad went back to his work.

“That’s Luhan, the man without an artist.” Luhan sat up straight and grinned at Kyungsoo, completely ignored Jongin’s comment.

“Welcome!” He smiled back and walked towards their desks.

“Well Hello there.” Baekhyun rolled across the carpet, towards Kyungsoo.

“How about no?” Jongin said and kicked his chair back at Chanyeol who already got up from his seat to get Baekhyun back.

Kyungsoo laughed after he sat down.

“This office is so weird.” Jongin raised a brow and grinned.

“Get used to it kiddo.”

 

 

“What’s that?” Jongin pointed the band aid on Kyungsoo’s arms and cheeks. This was the third day he came for work, he giggled slightly and took out his pens.

“I…um…fell.” Like Jongin would believe him. Kyungsoo took out his pages and started to explain his starter.

The days continued for the two, weeks, months and everything was going smoothly. Jongin couldn’t be more annoyed with Kyungsoo but he tried his best to keep it in his head, that naïve kids don’t know a thing about the real world. Someone he found it…fun to be around him. Kyungsoo always seemed to lift the spirit in the depressed office.

Kyungsoo began to some in late every once in a while with purple marks on his arms and face. Jongin would ask but he would never get a legitimate response.

 

“Your eyes are swollen.” Jongin said out of the blue while editing his work. Kyungsoo must’ve looked surprised.

“It’s really obvious.” Kyungsoo chuckled and gripped his pen tight.

“I watch some drama last night.” Jongin snickered. As if he believed him.

Kyungsoo was usually the one sitting at their desk, waiting for Jongin to be late, again. However, this morning was different.

“Hm?” Jongin glanced at the empty seat next to his desk.

“Kyungsoo’s not here today?” Suho shrugged and took a sip of his coffee.

“But that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t be working.” Jongin rolled his eyes and slumped in his chair. Something was off.

“Sorry! I have the weekly done so we can submit it right now.” Jongin glanced up from his laptop and knit his brows together. Kyungsoo had a cut on his cheeks and purple marks on neck.

“What happened?” He tried not to sound worried when he asked. Kyungsoo did his nervous giggled and sat next to Jongin, spreading out his work.

“L…let’s get started, we don’t have all day…” Jongin sighed and pretend he didn’t see it. Kyungsoo was probably just not careful… He probably fell…or…yeah. But Jongin knew he didn’t fall, someone has definitely laid their hands on his artist. And he wasn’t liking it.

“Hey Jongin, sorry about his absents recently…” Suho said while they were having lunch. Jongin tried to pretend he didn’t listen and sighed.

“Mm Hm…”

“We might switch you with someone else.” Now that, that caught Jongin’s attention, not that he liked that short guy with a cute smile, but because he doesn’t hate that guy which was pretty rare for a guys like Jongin.

“Now you’re listening? He has some issues at home so I told him to take a break, he has a lot of things on his mind right now that you don’t understand.” Suho finished his tea and stood up with his tray.

“See ya.”

 

Jongin sat miserably at his desk with a pencil gripped gently on his right hand, he sighed and sat up straight.

“Someone’s in a bad mood.” Sehun said while editing Baekhyun’s works. Jongin scoffed and starred up at the ceiling, unsure of how he felt about switching. His phone suddenly started buzzing, he looked at the caller name…

‘Unknown.’

He picked up the call slowly with his right hand and held it up to his ear.

“Hello? This is Kim Jongin speaking from SM entertainment, shojo department, how may I help you?”

“Jongin was it?” A female voice buzzed in Jongin’s ear.

“Yes.” He said firmly.

‘It’s not about Kyungsoo, it’s not about Kyungsoo it’s not about Kyungsoo…’ He repeated it over in his mind.

“It’s about Kyungsoo.” Jongin exhaled and tried to stay calm, gripping his phone in his sweaty palm tight.

“He’s in the emergency room and you’re on his contact list, can you please come over?”

“What about his parents?” He asked reluctantly.

“He didn’t say anything about them, when we ask he just said ‘Call Jongin.’” He sighed and put down his phone next to his lap.

“Damn it…” He grabbed his jacket and ran past Chanyeol towards the entrance, the cold breeze punched him in the face. He sighed and put on his hood and headed to the hospital.

 

“Jongin? Come with me.” The nurse said right after he barged in, panting. He looked up and jogged behind her.

“Take your time.” She put on an appoligetic expression and left Jongin in front of the door.

“Kyungsoo?” The sight stung his eyes. Kyungsoo’s legs were casted and lifted above for blood flow and one of his arms was casted too. He had a black eye and some bandages on the bridge of his nose, he had swollen eyes and a pale, pale face.

“Kyungsoo…” He turned towards Jongin with effort and smiled.

“Hey, thanks for coming, sorry if I interrupted your work time…”

“Why didn’t you tell me?!” He yelled. Kyungsoo’s grin disappeared, he turned his face so he’s staring at the black screen of the TV.

“Do you want to hear my story?”

 

Everything happened all so fast. Kyungsoo came back from another day at elementary school and he put on his biggest grin.

‘Mommy’s baking cake tonight!’ He reached for the door knob and stepped into the house.

“Mommy daddy I’m…” He heard yelling in the kitchen suddenly came to a stop.

“Kyungsoo ah…” His mother came to him with tear stained cheeks and took his hand. Kyungsoo tilted his head and touched her cheek with his tiny hands.

“Mommy why are you crying?” He said as his dad stood in front of both of them, arms crossed.

“Mommy and daddy is having trouble living together so I’m going to leave for a while.” Kyungsoo’s eyes widened as he hugged his mother’s leg, unwilling to let go.

“Don’t leave me mommy! Mommy!” She didn’t give him a second glanced before putting on her shoes and turning away like all that was just a big act.

“M…Mommy…” His dad took him by his ears and dragged him back into the house, Kyungsoo still haven’t stopped screaming.

Kyungsoo started to live with a friend after he entered high school, his dad became an alcoholic and abuses him every now and then. He’s always tried to keep his spirit up even though there is nothing in his life worth living for. He’s always cheerful at school and someone who everyone talks to, someone who people can rely onto. Then he fell in love with drawing, it was the first time he felt so happy in his life, he fell in love.

“I told you to stop visiting me!” His dad would yell every time Kyungsoo would visit, he was still his dad and he felt the urge to come once in a while.

“I brought you some food and some money…” Kyungsoo set these things down and headed to the door, turning the knob. Before he can even say goodbye his father threw an ashtray at his head, making him unconscious.

“Bro what happened?” Jin asked as they made their way to school, pointing at Kyungsoo’s head. He giggled and scratched his head sheepishly, hoping his friend would take the bait.

“I was skiing and this happened” Jin sighed.

“Jeez be careful alright?” Kyungsoo managed a chuckled.

Soon the days went by faster than Kyungsoo anticipated and they were headed to college. He had to live with his dad and Kyungsoo was definitely not ready, his friends are headed to the US, but Kyungsoo wanted to be a manga artist and stayed in Korean, hoping that he can find the right opportunity. But Kyungsoo didn’t have enough money to rent in Seoul and can only live with his relatives, aka his dad. He was basically abused every time he comes home because his dad would be drunk and Kyungsoo was still way smaller than him, he would never have the nerves to fight back.

“So yeah…” Jongin didn’t speak, not because he didn’t want to, he didn’t have the right to. For the longest time he thought he had the worst life, that no one can understand him, that…that…

“Jongin…?” Kyungsoo nearly whispered. Jongin was crying, he was balling. Kyungsoo couldn’t really do anything about it, so he let Jongin cry…

“Sorry…” Jongin said quietly.

“What for?” Kyungsoo sounded to clueless Jongin wanted to slap him.

“Shut up.” He sighed and wiped his eyes, he looked up at Kyungsoo.

“You can always come to my place.” He said, almost too quiet for Kyungsoo to hear. His face suddenly lit up.

“Really?” Kyungsoo grinned, it almost melted Jongin’s heart.

“You’ll be staying here for now.” Before Kyungsoo could even say hi, Jongin left the room.

 

“What the hell are you doing here?” Kyungsoo’s father yawned, as if he was waiting for the bus.

“I mean, he’s my son…”

“You never even cared about him.” He growled, the man replied with a shrug.

“You piece of .” Jongin spat at Kyungsoo’s father, who gave him a smug look.

“I never cared about him anyway.” He admitted. Jongin sighed and rolled up his sleeves. The man took a step back.

“Wait…wh…”

Yeah…

He punched him in the jaw and heard a loud and clear ‘crack’

‘That felt good.’

 

“I can’t believe you did that.” Kyungsoo said while sitting at Jongin’s room, looking at him.

“That was like three years ago, leave it.”

“Pretty heroic of you.” Jongin felt his cheek flush.

“Shut up and drink tea.” Kyungsoo only laugh.