Kim Soomin

More than just a manager.

Chanyeol was the most curious now…

“Why did you think both of them applied?” Baekhyun rolled his eyes.

“Chanyeol, for the last time, stop acting like a detective and write your manga.”

“No but isn’t this so interesting?”

“No.” Suho slammed Chanyeol’s head with a thick folder.

“Don’t look into other’s personal life so casually.”

“What?” Chanyeol giggled.

“It’s not like Xiu hyung is going to know or anything.” Yixing sighed, tolting his head to the side.

“But why didn’t hyung get into YG?”

“Beats me.” Chanyeol replied, staring a hole into the office door. Baekhyun sighed, tapping him on the shoulder.

“Hey Ch-.” His phone started buzzing.

“Sorry Baek…Oh hey? Are you here yet?”

“Is it Soomin again?” Sehun asked as Chanyeol stood aside to answer the call, a smile spreading across his face.

“Oh traffic? That’s fine.”

Baekhyun frowned.

“Yeah, they’re meeting up more and more often.” Baekhyun said, putting the smile back onto his face.

“You’re not going to stop him?” Jongin butted in, making Baekhyun jump a little.

“No.” He replied smoothly, Jongin raised a brow.

“As long as my artist is happy.” He grinned, resting his chin on the back of his hand. Something Baekhyun find cute is when Chanyeol smile, which he barely does. And he mostly frown when Baekhyun is wth him. 

But when he's with Soomin, eveything changes. 

“It’s my job anyway.” Sehun sniffled, Jongin peeked at Baekhyun, just a tiny bit concerned.

“Hey Baek, you ok-.”

“Yah, I’m hungry~” Baekhyun said forcefully, almost, and pushed himself off of his seat.

“Baek?”

“See you guys down stairs in 5?” Kyungsoo sighed and waved.

“S-sure.”

Jongin glanced at Kyungsoo and the at Yixing.

“Can you feel that tension?”

“Oh please.” Yixing turned towards his stack of work.

“Why is Chanyeol so ignorant?” Kyungsoo asked, crossing his arms.

“What? Upset that he’s ignoring his boyfriend?”

“Yup.” Kyungsoo said, then glancing up at Jongin.

“Wait, you, too?” Jongin raised his arm up for a high five.

“Chanbaek forever.” Kyungsoo squealed and held onto Jongin’s raised hand.

“You’re the best!”

‘Damn…’ Jongin covered his face with his free hand.

‘When did he turn this cute…?’

 

‘It’s fine.’ Baekhyun thought as he leaned against the railings of the emergency staircase.

‘But…why?’ He sank down onto the stairs and leaned his head against the wall lightly, letting his hair block his eyes.

‘Why does my heart hurts so much…?’ Baekhyun ran his fingers through his hair and revealed his tear stained face.

He bit his lips, squeezing his eyes shut.

‘Is this what they call…jealousy?’ He though as he covered his swollen eyes.

‘No that’s not it…’ He sniffled and tried to hold back another wave of tears.

‘He’s the only person I have...’ Baekhyun couldn’t hold it in anymore and started weeping.

‘He’s the only one who could understand me.’

 

“What am I supposed to do…?” Minseok groaned, pushing the heavy doors open.

“Ah, hyung-.” Sehun waved, he waved back and sighed again.

“What’s up?”

“Nothing….”

“Is it about that Chaewon?” Minseok’s head shot up, staring a hole into Sehun’s eyes.

“Um…” Sehun looked around, scratching his head.

“A…ask Chanyeol…?” Minseok wouldn’t let his eyes off of Sehun.

“He was the one who saw her name…well…” He said uneasily.

“He saw your phone…and like read maybe, like some?” He looked back up at Minseok who was already heading to the doors.

“Oh no…Hyung?”

“I’m just going to settle some things with Park Chanyeol.”

“Oh…” Sehun felt a shiver run down his spine.

“Oh no…” Luhan popped up behind the pinter and looked around.

“Minseok hyung?” Sehun rose his arms slowly and waved.

“Lu hyung… I think I messed up.”

 

‘How…’ Minseok’s mind raced, remembering every single situation he has been in with Chanyeol and could never remember the time he’s ever mentioned the name ‘Chaewon’.

His hands turned into fists and he marched down to the cafeteria.

‘How did he know about Chaewon…?’ Was the only thing running through his head.

Some how he felt the anger rose higher and higher within him.

‘Why did he poke his nose into this?’

 

“Park Chanyeol.” Minseok hissed, Chanyeol turned his head around to face the enraged hyung.

“Um…that’s me.” He replied, a few co-workers giggled in their seats next to him. Minseok felt the hair on the back of his neck rise as he stepped towards Chanyeol.

“Hyung?”

“Can I have a minute?”

 

“What’s up?” Chanyeol, a hint of cautious in his voice crept out.

“How did you know?” He raised a brow taking a step closer to Minseok.

“What do you m-.”

“Chaewon! Kim Chaewon…” Minseok trailed off, veins popping out on his forehead.

Chanyeol suddenly froze and lowered his arm.

“Ah…that…”

“Why do you want to know?” Minseok took a hold of Chanyeol’s collar.

“What makes you think that you can just…” There were tears in his eyes, he fought them back and gritted his teeth.

“Hyung…calm down…”

“How?!” He exclaimed, his voice echoed in the stair case. Chanyeol couldn’t recognize Minseok hyung like the one he met before.

Minseok widened his eyes, Chanyeol could see red veins. Minseok’s hands were shaking.

“How can you mention someone’s dead sister so easily?” Chanyeol felt a shiver run down his spine.

“Hyung… I didn’t mean it that way…”

“Minseok!” Luhan suddenly barged in, frightening the both of them.

“Lu ge?” Minseok mumbled, his grip loosening around Chanyeol’s collar. He sighed with relief and took a step towards Luhan.

“Oh Lu just in time, tell hy …” Before he finished his sentence he tripped over Minseok’s foot sending him backwards towards the stairs.

Chanyeol tumbled down the stair case and landed at the bottom with a loud thump.

He grabbed at his stomach and curled into a ball.

Then he stopped moving.

 

Minseok and the rest of the department sat in solemn silence in the hospital waiting room.

Luhan occasionally sent glances at Minseok, but other than that the two kept silent.

“It was a-.”

“An accident, I know.” Luhan finished Minseok sentence, sending the both of them into silence. Minseok glanced back at the department, clearly concerned.

“Don’t worry hyung, we know it wasn’t your intension.” Sehun said, Yixing nodded.

“I just…I’m…I don’t know what happened.” Minseok tried to explain.

“Hyung, no matter what we’re on your side.” Kyungsoo said, Jonging grinned.

“Where’s Baek?” Suho asked, catching Minseok’s attention.

“Baek had work outside…he said he’s coming though.” He replied flatly. It’s not as if him coming would change anything. Minseok honestly didn’t know what happened.

He doesn’t want to.

He fully knew why he flipped on Chanyeol.

But he didn’t mean it that way, Chanyeol never had any bad intensions towards Minseok or anyone. Minseok didn’t know what he was doing.

“Is Chanyeol okay?” A high pitched voice rang in the halls.

A girl? Minseok turned his head to the voice and cocked his head, so did the rest of the department.

“Where’s Chanyeol?” The girl had long curly hair, very formal wear and a sharp and perfect face.

Minseok wanted to cover Luhan’s eyes for some reason.

“Um, we’re still waiting.” Suhp spoke first.

“Soomin, was it?” The girl gave an almost fake smile.

“Hi.” She was wearing a shirt way too short above her knees and her lipstick was baby pink.

She took a seat next to Minseok, he felt himself sliding away from her.

“You may visit the patient.” A nurse wearing a pink hat came out of Chanyeol’s room.

The girl leaps up and hurried into the room.

“Who does she think she is?” Sehun hissed, putting his arm around Yixing’s neck.

“Let this go for once, will you? She’s clearly worried, too.” Sehun rolled his eyes, so much it hurts.

“He’s going to be okay, right Lu-ge?” Minseok asked, getting a little hiccup.

“I’m sure he’s fine.” Luhan said.

 

Baekhyun sprinted. (Not really sprinted, but, like ran…)

All he could think of was Chanyeol. What could’ve happened?

“Chan-.” He stopped in front of the door. He stopped when he saw Soomin.

“Ah…” He mumbled to himself, as if he was ashamed.

Chanyeol was smiling, so was Soomin.

“Yah…they look like a great couple.” He chuckled, leaning against the door, then sliding onto the floor.

“Yah, Byun Baekhyun.” He wiped his tears away and sighed. He stood up and didn’t bother to look behind his shoulder.

 

“Um, how close are you with Chanyeol?” Minseok asked, Soomin grinned, tucking her dyed brown hair behind her perfect ears.

“We’re childhood friends, we practically grew up together.” But then she grinned.

“Let’s get to the point.” She said, crossing her arms across her chest. Minseok gulped, Luhan’s shoulders stiffed.

“Media’s going to be here soon, what’s SM going to do about this scandal?” She smirked.

Minseok bit his lower lip, he heard Luhan growling. How does he do that?

He held an arm in front of Luhan just in case he leaps for her.

“What does that have to do with you?”

“Well, I care about Chanyeol.” Minseok and Luhan both raised a brow.

“I don’t want bad news spreading, causing him trouble.” Soomin shifted her weight from one leg to another.

“Oh, I forgot to introduce myself.” She flipped her hair, Minseok was sure she doesn’t need to do it every minute.

“I’m Soomin, an artist from YG.”