I'm bringing him back, no matter what.

More than just a manager.

Yesterday night, Minseok ended up spending the night at Luhan’s house. He waited and waited, but he didn’t return.

“Is young master not home yet?” The butler came into Luhan’s room, looking around. Minseok sat up, rubbing his eyes, yawning.

“I don’t’ think so…” The old man the dim lights and came in with a tray of snacks.

“Thought you might be hungry.” He smiled like a grandfather at Minseok, he felt like smiling, even… The man placed the tray next to Minseok on the night counter.

“I heard something happened between you and Mr. Lu.” Minseok brought his knees to his chest, resting his cheeks on his knees.

“Yeah…” He said instead of nodding. The old man chuckled and handed him a cookie that looked very tempting, Minseok took it without hesitation and nibbled at it.

“Young master is very hard to understand sometimes…” Minseok looked up and tilted his head.

“Especially when it comes to someone like you, he gets irritated…with people he cannot sway easily.” Minseok kept his eyes slightly open and nodded, imagining Luhan’s face again, all red and warm. He smiled.

“Usually people always fall for a guy like young master.” The man softened his grin, taking a seat on the bed.

“With his wealth and his looks, the girls all go for that.” The man looked at Minseok with his grey eyes.

“But you’re not like the some’s I’ve met.” Minseok finished his cookie and gulped, trying his best to wipe away the crumbs like how Luhan use to tell him to.

“You’re someone who cannot be controlled by anyone, you’re free willed.” Minseok grinned at his feet.

“My sister used to always say that to me.” The man chuckled, it was a chuckled Minseok really liked to hear, like his grandfather who laughed at another one of his weird jokes.

“Well, she’s completely right.” Minseok looked up at the chandelier.

“When do you think he’s going to be back?” The butler smiled, getting up.

“Young master will not come back until he’s figured out what’s bothering him.” Minseok bit his lower lip.

 

Luhan felt his cheeks flush at the cold air. His scarf was pulled around his neck a bit too tight, as if it’s going to stop the wind from sneaking through the yarn. He walked the empty streets on a Wednesday afternoon, everyone was either at work or school, doing things they should be. Staying on track. Not bothering other people’s business. Luhan doing none of the above.

‘What am I doing…?’ He thought to himself as he approached the SM building.

 

“Oh goodness.” Jongdae sighed, looking at his phone.

‘Do you have time right now?’ Luhan said, pressing his phone up against his ear.

‘Well, I can’t say no, can I?’ Jongdae grinned to himself, turning towards the door.

“How have you been? Luhan.” Jongdae tried to grin politely at the flustered boy at his door.

“G…good afternoon, Mr. Kim.” Jongdae chuckled, fingers at his chin.

“Come in, take a seat.”

 

 

 

“No, no, no, no, no….” Minseok got up and put on his hoodie. The old man seemed confused.

“Are you…”

“I’m not fine and Luhan is probably meeting up with Jongdae.” The man tilted his head, confused.

“Our CEO.” Minseok explained vaguely and put his socks back on, slipping on a pair of shoes. He took his scarf and his parka, putting them on roughly.

“But Mr. Kim, your fever…”

“Can wait.” Minseok half joked, running for the door.

“Our jobs are on the line right now.” Minseok said before shutting the door in the butler’s face.

‘What the hell are you thinking, Lu?’ Minseok thought to himself while running furiously towards the tall building.

“What the hell!!” He yelled.

 

“I think you know why I’m here for, Jongdae.” Luhan said. Jongdae sat down, crossing his legs.

“I think we both know, Luhan.”

“I want Minseok to come back to the EXO department.” Luhan said abruptly, slamming his hand on Jongdae’s desk, making his cup wobble.

“Very straight forward, aren’t you?” Luhan kept a straight face, keeping his hand on Jongdae’s desk.

“Is that a no?” He said between gritted teeth. Jongdae sighed, rubbing his temples.

“At least give me reason, one reason why you took him away…” Luhan begged, balling his hands into fist.

“I can’t just say it, Mr. Lu…”

“Then is it something personal?” Jongdae froze on his chair. Luhan bit his bottom lip, he felt himself tremble.

“So it is…” Jongdae snapped his head around, angry written all over his face. Luhan stiffened, but kept his straight expression.

“I want him back at EXO.” Luhan pressed.

“Just how desperate are…”

“That’s not it.” Luhan lifted his chin and took a step back.

“Minseok’s a fast learned and was respected by all our co-workers. He was cheerful, always smiling and working to his limits…” He was near tears.

“He spent a year with us…learning, and you just decided to come in and take that all away from Minseok.” Jongdae felt his eyes getting foggy.

“Do me a favour will you, Mr. CEO…” Luhan looked menacingly at his CEO.

“Think, before you act, for your sake and…for others.” Jongdae didn’t talk back, he couldn’t. Luhan waited, as if for a response he knows he’s not getting.

He turned his back to Jongdae, heading to the door. He balled his hand into fist, he wanted to stand up, to grab Luhan by the shoulder and yell.

“It’s not just for our department.” Jongdae felt like punching him, and so did Luhan.

Luhan turned his head, giving Jongdae the dirtiest smirk.

“He’s not yours to keep, Jongdae.”

He opened the doors, taking two steps out and stopping.

“Lu…?” Minseok was standing in front of him, tears were streaming down his face.

“Xiu…?” Luhan said quietly, Minseok reached his arm out and tugged at his jacket.

“Why…did you…?” Luhan felt his nose tingle, the door closed behind him, making a click sound.

“I…” He couldn’t find a reason.

“You scared me.” Minseok said, wrapping his arms around Luhan.

“I’m fine now…It’s fine at the new department.” He said into Luhan’s chest. He’s still way too short for a 25 years old.

“Everyone’s nice, and I’m doing fine on my weekly…it’s fine now…” Luhan buried his face into Minseok’s shoulder, sobbing.

“Jongdae is doing what’s right, I know it, he’s Chen…” Luhan gripped tightly on Minseok’s parka.

“Taemin’s a great manager, Kibum’s keeping the department lively, and Jinki’s a great leader, I’m content at where I am, so please…” He looked up.

“Don’t risk your job for me…”

“Wh…what are you talking about…of course it’s not just about you…” Luhan tightened his grip.

“I’m doing this so…ShiNee sunbaes wouldn’t suffer with you in their department, you’re always so clumsy and forgetful…” Minseok chuckled, choking on his tears.

“But…don’t you…”

“Of course I missed you dumby.” Minseok pulled back, wiping his nose with his long sleeves.

“It’s just I think…you should listen to Chen.”

 

Jongdae sat in his dark office, he buried his head in his arms like a child and sighed. He then stood up abruptly and dug through his folders for Minseok’s form.

“What…am I doing...?” He asked himself while looking at Minseok’s form.

“ it.”

 

“Yah! Where are you taking me?” Minseok yelled, wrapping his scarf around his neck. Luhan pulled on his hands, dragging him up the stairs.

“You know I hate the stairs…” Luhan sighed and skipped the last two steps, letting go of Minseok’s warm hands.

“Here we are…”

“Wah~” Minseok gripped onto the railing and grinned. The scenery was amazing, it was like from this point, he could see every inch of Seoul…the city lights were bright purple and pink and the cars whizzed by like ants.

“It’s so pretty…” Minseok sighed into the cold night. Luhan stuck himself to Minseok and grinned, turning his head to face Minseok. He looked at the shorter male while Minseok watched the city stur.

“Yeah.” He smiled again, wider this time at Minseok.

“So, so pretty.” Luhan ruffled Minseok’s hair.

“Ah, I’m cold.” Luhan said, sticking his hand in Minseok’s pockets, making him hug Minseok from the back.

“Y…you have your own pockets!” Minseok stuttered, trying to push off Luhan who looked as if he couldn’t be happier than this.

“Ugh, fine.” Luhan placed his chin on Minseok’s shoulder and giggled.

“Ah, you smell nice, too, Xiu.”