Rain

More than just a manager.

“It’s raining a load today, and a lot of lightings…” Chanyeol said and nudged Baekhyun on the shoulders.

“LIGHTINGS…” Baekhyun slapped him on the shoulders and said.

“I’m not scared of….” A streak of light cracked through the clouds, Baekhyun screamed.

“I can see that you’re not scared anymore.”

“One more word and I’ll fire you.” Chanyeol stiffened up.

“Yes sir.”

“Hey hey, Luhan…” Baekhyun kicked against his desk to get a boost. And he swiveled to Luhan’s desk.

“Hm?” Luhan was reading the third book of Reality.

“You’ve never heard of Reality…?” Luhan shook his head. Baekhyun leaned back in his chair.

“Oh my god, you’ve been missing out on the hottest sagas…” Chanyeol sighed and dragged Baekhyun’s chair back to his desk.

“Work or die from Suho.” Baekhyun blew his bang up with frustration.

“Not like you care.” Chanyeol giggled.

“Not like I care.”

Luhan slammed the book down on his table; he really needed coffee and sleep.

He stood up and stuffed the remaining unfinished mangas into his bag.

“Leaving so soon?” Baekhyun yawned, Luhan chuckled and waved.

“Yeah, gonna get some coffee too, see you guys tomorrow I guess.” Baekhyun sighed.

“Chanyeol~ Luhan gets to go home, can’t we?” Chanyeol slapped Baekhyun with his folder.

“Work first.” Baekhyun stuck out his tongue at him.

“Okay, well, hope you finish.” Luhan said over his shoulders and entered the elevator.

 

Luhan checked his watch which read 3 am, he sighed and let his arms fall down next to his thighs. The elevator doors opened, leading him to the empty lobby and towards the front doors. He looked out the glass doors, into the rain and sighed, he’d had to call a cab today, no way is he going to walk in this weather.

He was about to leave when he saw a small figure that huddled beside the large glass doors.

“Jesus Christ Minseok?” Luhan said and quickly opened the doors to let the wet boy inside.

“Why the hell were you waiting outside in this weather?” Luhan pulled onto Minseok’s wet sweater and water spilled onto the marble floor.

“I…I’m…sorry…I didn’t…” Minseok stuttered.

“I…I met Suho on my way back and…and he said that you needed my drafts and…and a way to contact me…” Minseok’s wet hair covered his watering eyes as he fidgets with the nearly wet folder in his arms.

“So I went back to find you.” Luhan looked at him curiously.

“Why did you come in?” Minseok looked up, tears nearly escaping.

“I…I was too scared of your security guards…” Luhan suddenly started to laugh.

“You mean Chuck? He’ll never hurt you!”

“I, I was going to go back, but I remembered I left my phone at Jongdae’s place and now I’m here.” Minseok lingered a bit, as if he forgot something.

“Oh I got you coffee, too.” Luhan glanced at the Starbucks in his hands.

“Black with two sugar and one cream.” They said at the same time.

“How did you…?” Minseok giggled and handed the coffee to him.

“I took a wild guess, oh and it might be a bit cold, I got it like half an hour earlier.” Luhan took the cup and took a long sip.

“Okay…and here’s the draft, my number, email, oh and a greeting gift.” Minseok pushed these things into Luhan’s hands and headed for the doors.

“Wait, how are you going to get home?” Minseok turned around.

“Um…run?” Luhan rolled his eyes.

“As your manager, I’ll be responsible if people found you dead next morning.”  Luhan brought him to the bathroom.

“You’re lucky you’re at SM…” He threw a towel at Minseok.

“I’ll call a cab, you dry yourself up before the janitor realize the mess we’ve made in the lobby.” Minseok rubbed the towel on his head furiously and messed up his brown/golden hair. He sighed and dropped himself onto the couch, glancing over at Luhan who was sitting across from him.

“Why do you guys have couches in the bathroom?” Luhan giggled.

“It was mostly Sehun’s idea…he was getting tired of…standing? We really didn’t know, and then Chanyeol voted, Baek, Suho even, which was surprising…” Minseok laughed and leaned back.

“Your department sounds nice.” Luhan rolled his eyes.

“Please…if you want me to transfer, I would love to.”

“Why?” He sighed and leaned his elbows onto his knees.

“Our department hasn’t had any good outcomes since Chanyeol and Kyungsoo came in, which was about 3 to 4 weeks ago…but so far Suho hates us and SM probably is thinking about shutting the EXO department down…” Minseok tilted his head.

“Exo?” Luhan chuckled and set his empty coffee cup down onto the glass table.

“We have names for each department, and the departments get to choose…we chose EXO.” Minseok giggled and looked at Luhan with curious eyes.

“So, are there other departments?” Luhan exhaled and slumped onto the couch.

“Plenty, there’s the showoff Girls Generation, stupid name, I know. And the NCT units, I heard there are like, 40 people in that one…” Minseok held out a hand to stop him.

“I brought chocolate.” He pointed at the bag next to Luhan’s seat and scuttled next to Luhan. He reached for the bag and opened it.

“Okay, okay, continue, I’m really excited to hear.” Minseok popped a piece into his mouth and chewed like a little rabbit.

“And the underrated Velvets, that what we call them, please call them Red Velvet. Don’t listen to us, we’re hopeless, and our upperclassmen…ShiNee…” 

“Wait, did you say Baek? As in Baekhyun?” Luhan raised a brow.

“Yes.”

“Okay, just curious.”

“O…kay?” Luhan’s phone buzzed.

“Oh our ride is here, let’s go.”

“Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait…” Minseok grabbed the bag next to the couch.

“Hehe, chocolate.” Luhan rolled his eyes but grinned.

“Come on.”