Minseok hyung?

More than just a manager.

“Is Minseok late today?” Luhan asked, Suho shrugged and went back to his desk. Luhan looked around, but no signs of Minseok. He then glanced over at his desk, then at his phone.

‘Ah- Xiu left his phone here…’ Luhan picked it up and touched the home button, the message almost made him drop Minseok’s phone.

He widened his eyes and his lips started to quiver.

“What’s wrong?” Baekhyun asked, peeking over Luhan’s shoulder, he raised a brow and looked back up at Luhan.

“I’m confuzzled.”

“I’m more confuzzled than you are…” Luhan grabbed his blue jacket and raced out the door.

“Ah-.” Before he could say anything Luhan was gone.

“What was that?” Chanyeol asked from his desk. Baekhyun turned around, tilting his head, knitting his eyebrows together.

“Have you ever heard of Kim Chaewon?”

 

“Xiu! Xiu…” Luhan hurried towards his artist who was just coming through the large glass doors. Minseok stopped and looked at Luhan as if he was crazy.

“Y…y, your phone.” He stuttered, handing Minseok his phone.” Minseok raised a brow, taking the phone from Luhan’s trembling hands.

“Calm down, Lu, it might be a scam or s-.” He stopped in mid-sentence when he saw the user name. He felt shivers down his back and hot tears on the rim of his eyes.

“How…” He muttered, covering his mouth with his hand.

“Who has it…” He muttered.

“Who kept my sister’s phone?” Luhan felt shivers down his spine.

“W, where did she use to work at?” Luhan asked, trying to be helpful, Minseok’s breath quickened.

“She was a manga artist like me…”

“Where?”

“She…she worked at…the place I only dreamed of going.” Minseok came to a realization.

“YG.”

 

“You submitted a trainee form and didn’t get a feed back?” Luhan asked, they were sitting at that café again. Minseok order hot choclate while Luhan sips on his black coffee.

“It’s fine, I’ll explain…” Luhan placed both hands around his hot drink, ready to hear his artist out.

“It started out with anime and manga, me and my sister were very passionate about drawing and creating characters, we would draw all day if we had the time. We never met our father, so our mother single handed raised both of us.” Minseok smiled at that thought.

“Until high school, when our mom was on her work shift as a cab driver, she got into an accident, leaving the two of us on our own.” His smile faded into a frown, he knit his eyes brows together, remembering every part to detail on that day.

How Chaewon cried, how we called out to her but we never got a reply.

“We didn’t even get a chance to say ‘I love you.’ To her.” A tear escaped, Minseok quickly wiped it away and laughed.

“Sorry I-.”

“It’s fine.” Luhan took Minseok’s hands, he looked up with tear filled eyes.

“I’m listening.”

“We realized that we have to take care of each other, we both aimed for the top as manga artist and writer, so we both entered the YG program, but my sister got accepted, not me.” Minseok let his head drop, his chin touching his chest.

“We had a small argument, I told her something was off and she said that I was only jealous.” Minseok was crying.

“Xiu…”

“I wasn’t jealous a bit, if you were there you could even tell, her stories didn’t flow out like it used to, it didn’t sound like Chaewon. It sounded like every other manga, like it was all carefully planned out.” Minseok clenched his hands to fists, shaking.

“It wasn’t Chaewon’s, they were only using her for her drawing skills.”

“Why would they?” Luhan asked, clearly concerned. Minseok sighed, looking up with tired, brown eyes.

“Think, Lu, they have Big Bang, iKon, CL, even Akmu is a threat to all manga industry out there, they’re just too good. However, with 2ne1 department’s disbandment contract were signed their reputations have gone down.” Luhan came to a realization and Minseok could tell.

“Yeah, they needed new editors, just for style, and it’s not the department’s fault, it’s not the CEO’s fault.” Luhan raised a brow.

“It’s the producer.”

 

“Yah…we have so much work!” Baekhyun exclaimed as the two made their way to their apartment.

“You.” Chanyeol emphasized.

“Have too much work.” Baekhyun giggled and scratched his head sheepishly.

“Guess you’re right.”

Chanyeol phone started ringing half way.

“One sec, Baek.” Baekhyun lowered his head and put on a smile, nodding.

Well, Baekhyun knew who was calling him.

She’s been doing that before Baekhyun even met Chanyeol.

“Hey Soo Min.” Chanyeol called, resting a hand on his hips casually while talking.

Baekhyun glanced behind his shoulder and sighed.

‘…As if.’ He thought as Chanyeol laughed at whatever his hot childhood friend said.

‘My job is to keep Chanyeol content and keep him focused on work. My job is to be happy for him. To keep on smiling.’ Baekhyun thought, slapping his own cheeks lightly.

“Sorry about that, let’s go.” Chanyeol shifted the bag on his shoulder and Baekhyun grinned again.

“Kay.”

 

“There’s nothing much we can do as SM…” Jongdae rubbed his temples. It was already night time when Minseok arrived, the two sat across from each other on the dinner table with emptied plates in front of them.

“If it was within our network, but no, sorry Xiu.” Minseok fidgeted with his fork and looked up.

“What do you think they would want from me?” Jongdae tapped his heels on the carpet floor.

“It’s because of you sister.” Minseok felt his heart tug, but he remained calm, looking up at his CEO.

“What about her?”

“We both knew why she was in YG.”

Minseok nodded.

“So I won’t go into that part.”

“We need to do something.” Minseok pushed, silence drenched the room once more.

“Then go.” Jongdae said, dropping then honorific, Minseok looked up, thinking he heard that wrong.

"I'm sorry, what? And why did you drop the..."

"Go to YG yourself." 

 

"Kim Chaewon..." Chanyeol mumbled as Baekhyun, Yixing, Jongin, Sehun and Kyungsoo surrounded Chanyeol's desk. They decided to look into this mysterious Chaewon girl.

"Minseok's love interest?"

"No way." Jongin said, looking at a picture of a girl smiling at the camera.

"That's not even close to Luhan." Everyone raised a brow, Baekhyun even laughed. 

"What are you trying to say h-."

"Whoa! She's a YG artist!" Baekhyun exploded, making everyone's head to snap back at the screen. 

"She's been working there since high school, their familiy could not afford education or university and it is said that she has a brother that is equally as talented as her." Chanyeol read, going through all this information in his head. 

"Well, she use to be." Yixing added, pointing at her birthdate and...death date. 

"She died three years ago." 

"O...oh." Baekhyun's shoulders dropped. 

"There's rumors that it was because of work overload."

"That's not unusual...she is in YG after all." Kyungsoo added, putting a hand on his waist. 

"Work overload." Jongin mumbled. 

"Something's missing from this..."

"But hey." Baekhyun piped in, pointing at the picture. 

"Doesn't she remind you of anyone?" Chanyeol zoomed in on the picture and the artists starred at it for a solid five minutes. 

"Oh my god." Yixing exclaimed, the rest soon caught on. 

"Minseok hyung?"