First meeting

More than just a manager.

Minseok started to feel nervous sitting alone in the large, but empty conference room. It was on the 9th floor of the SM building with glass walls and windows facing the city. Because of the transparent walls people were staring like crazy.

“The shojo department is getting another one?”

“I heard Luhan is taking him in…poor guy, getting Luhan on his first try…” Minseok placed his latest drafts on the table and inhaled.

“You’re good, you’re going to be fine, calm down, calm down.” Minseok gripped onto his bag and took out his phone, hands trembling.

“Jongdae I’m scared…” Minseok whispered into his phone.

“Minseok? Aren’t you in the middle of your conference?”

“Jongdae…Chen.”

“Jesus Christ, Minseok. You are a man!” Minseok looked around the empty office and people looking in the glass.

“UNLEASHED THE MAN WITHIN YOU!” Jongdae screamed into Minseok’s ears.

“B…be quiet you’re on speaker phone…” Minseok fumbled around with his phone, but then ending up turning up the volume.

“LET IT OUT!” Minseok panicked like crazy.

“Hi…?”

 Minseok suddenly froze when an unfamiliar man walked in.

“S…STOP RIGHT THERE!” Minseok yelled as he pointed his phone at him.

“Ummm…Minseokie?” He remembered his phone and quickly ended the call without telling Jongdae. Minseok tucked his phone away and exhaled.

“Are you alright?” Minseok shook his head and felt tears coming out.

“I’m just really nervous…” Luhan handed him a cup of water and sat down next to him.

“So you’re Kim Minseok?” Minseok nodded unwillingly.

“I’m very sorry about earlier, I’m always like that when I’m nervous, I freak out, it’s really hard to explain.” Luhan smiled and filled his cup again.

“No worries.”

 

“And y…you are?” Minseok asked a few minutes into the silence.

“Oh, sorry about that, I’m Luhan, I’m one of the sub managers of the shojo department.” Minseok’s eyes wondered a bit.

“Sh…shojo?” Luhan tilted his head, clearly confused.

“Has Suho not tell you about our department?” Minseok tugged at his sweater.

“We’re a shojo base department.”

 

“Has your main manager told you that I ‘ve never done shojo…?” Luhan bit his bottom lip and nodded the slowest nod of his life.

“Well, let’s put that aside and take a look at your latest works!” Luhan clapped his hands together. Minseok spread the sheets out neatly and pushed it towards Luhan.

“Reality…am I correct?” Minseok looked up, clearly surprised.

“How do you know?” Luhan grinned.

“All my friends read this, they said there’s no better manga these days except this one. They once said they fell in love.” Minseok giggled.

“I never thought of this as a profession…I just wanted to make people laugh and take them on an adventure they’ll never forget.” Minseok rocked back and forth in his chair.

“That’s all I can do…” Luhan was the most curious right now, but he wants to save that for later. He looked through the sheet looking for any hint of romance, and trace of warm and fuzzy feeling.

There weren’t any.

He’ll need to start from scratch…. oh god.

Luhan scratched his head and loosened his tie.

“S…So?” Minseok asked quietly. Luhan smiled kindly.

“Welcome to S.M entertainment, pleasure to be working with you.” Minseok’s face lit up like a light bulb and shook Luhan’s hand furiously.

“Thank you so much!” Minseok stood up and was ready to leave.

“Hey, can I have…” Before Luhan could say anything he was gone.

“Strange kid…I needed his number and everything, I even wanted him to get me a cup of coffee…. whatever…”

 

“Interesting kid, don’t you think?” Suho took a sip of his coffee. Luhan chuckled.

“You have no idea…” Luhan brought in a stack of mangas.

“Hey, isn’t that the Reality saga?”

“You bet it is.”

“You’re going to read all of it? Tonight?” Luhan glanced over at Chanyeol who was drawing faster than Baekhyun’s tired eyes could follow.

“I’ll be spending my night with this couple.” Baekhyun glared at Luhan, but his eyes went straight back to Chanyeol’s hands.

“Good luck cause you’ll need it.” Suho stood up and smiled.

“Happy working.”