Yuri on Ice reference?!?!!

More than just a manager.

“AHHHH!!!!” Luhan and everyone in the office turned towards Minseok who already jumped out of his chair.

“Wh…what’s up?”

“Lu ge, I won the beginner starter in the shojo category.” Luhan widened his eyes and picked Minseok up in a hug.

“Oh my god!!! Congrats!” Minseok giggled in Luhan’s arms and raised both of his arms up. Luhan dropped the tiny figure and hugged him again.

“I feel like a proud mother.” Luhan placed a hand on his chest and grinned.

“So when’s the award ceremony?” Yixing said while chewing on his sandwich. Minseok tilted his head, then at Luhan.

“There’s an award ceremony…?” Luhan nodded and sat back in his chair, rubbing his hand together like flies. Minseok hovered near his laptop and sighed.

“Tomorrow night…I can clear my schedule tomorrow…yeah.” Minseok sank in his seat and exhaled.

“I’ll tell Chen to come too!” Minseok suggested as he picked up his phone.

“Yeah I’m going, here’s the form.” Jongdae appeared in the office magically.

“Anyone else that cares to go, go ahead, we have plenty of space reserved for SM, it’s just the shojo department anyway. Not a lot of people are going to go.” Jongdae dropped a pile of paper on Luhan’s desk and lifted his chin once.

“Have fun and see you there.” He turned his heels and left.

 

“I can’t believe that you made it.” Luhan and Minseok were walking near the building for fresh air, but they really wanted some bubble waffles. Minseok kicked around some snow on the ground and sighed.

“Honestly, I’m actually really nervous…” Minseok admitted, Luhan laughed and nudged his shoulder against Minseok’s.

“You think? Oh here.” They turned the corner, into a small store. Minseok exhaled in his hands to keep them warm. The store was small and not one person is here. They took a seat, facing each other.

“Have you heard of the new anime? The voice actor sound soooooo hot.” Minseok said after they took their order.

“Hm? You mean ‘The Unbreakable Bond’?” Luhan asked as he looked up from his cup of coffee. Minseok nodded excitedly as he took out his phone.

“The art style is so beautiful and the voices for the character is just so one point!” Luhan giggled as they finally got their bubble waffles. Minseok took a big bite and chewed.

“Crumbs, crumbs!” Luhan stood up and flicked a piece off Minseok’s cheeks.

“You’ll need a script and a lot of prep work for tomorrow.” Luhan said, but Minseok blocked it all out for some reason. He wasn’t sure what it was but…He realized Luhan somehow looked different. Haircut? Nah…It couldn’t be…Was he too tired? Hm…

“Lu ge are you in love?” Minseok asked. Luhan’s eyes shot straight up to Minseok’s eyes.

“What?” Minseok smiled and leaned forward.

“You looked really different, I was just curious.” Luhan shook his head as if Minseok just said that he was a mermaid.

“Of course not, I told you, I’m your boyfriend.” Minseok giggled shyly as Luhan ruffled his hair.

“Come on, we’ve got a long day tomorrow.”

 

“Where did you get that?” Jongdae looked at the suit Minseok was putting on, he giggled and buttoned up his shirt.

“Lu ge got it, he said I could keep it.” Jongdae nodded as went back to his work.

‘Damn it…something is bothering me…’ Minseok hummed as he changed, he peeked over Jongdae’s shoulder.

“Oh, borning as usual Chen.” He rested his chin on Jongdae’s left shoulder. He blushed and sighed.

‘Something is definitely wrong.’

 

“Do you know how to tie a tie?” Luhan asked as they approached their car, towards the ceremony. Minseok looked at his undone tie and giggled sheepishly.

“Not really…” Luhan stopped and adjust the tie neatly. Minseok puffed up his chest and stood on his tippy toes. Luhan held back his laugh and tied his tie.

“Wah, it’s so neat!” Minseok looked at the tie as they took a seat in the car. Luhan laughed again and brushed his hair back.

“Experience, that’s all.”

 

“Second isn’t that bad.” Chanyeol said as Baekhyun slumped in the car seat, they were also headed to the ceremony.

“Losing to a newbie feels weird…I don’t like it.” Chanyeol laughed as he strapped in his seatbelt, pulling at it making sure it was on properly.

“Whatever, remember he is a famous mangaist.”

“Still.” Baekhyun looked at the window and puffed up his cheeks like a child. Chanyeol sighed and took Baekhyun’s head, making him to lean on his broad shoulder.

“Shut up, you know whatever I think I’d definitely choose your starter.” Baekhyun tried to hide his smile, but ending up failing miserably.

 

“Why aren’t you mad?” Kyungsoo said as they opened the doors to the building. Kyungsoo and Jongin pair got third place over all.

“I was expecting it so…” Jongin rolled up his sleeves and brushed back his hair.

“But I thought we’d do better than Baek…” Jongin chuckled and handed Kyungsoo a cup of champagne.

“Be quiet and enjoy this, free food am I right?” Jongin nudged Kyungsoo as his side and opened the door.

“After you.”

 

Minseok stepped on the spot, clearly nervous. Luhan watched him carefully while thinking of ways to calm him down. He cleared his throat as an uneasy thought came to him.

‘What if he messed up?’ That could bring SM’s reputation down by…a lot. That means he would have to deal with Suho then Jongdae…then, oh god…

“Yo Minseokie?” Luhan said as he turned towards Minseok, brushing his hair back.

“If you messed up your speech up there tonight…” Minseok’s eyes widened as his face turned white.

“I’ll resign as your manager.” Silence drowned the room, Minseok starred at Luhan with an indescribable expression.

‘…I should’ve said something more…’ He thought as the silence drenched on.

“M…” Before he could say anything tears were running down Minseok’s face. Luhan jolted backwards one step, surprised.

“W…Why would you say that like it was a joke…?” He asked in his quivering breaths, unable to stand still.

“What should I…” Minseok looked up, his eyes pleading.

“I don’t want anything from you!” He yelled, his voice seemed to echo around the small room. Luhan wanted to wrap his arms around Minseok and place a kiss on his forehead like usual but his feet wouldn’t move.

“I just want you to have faith in me.” He said softly, nearly whispering. Luhan bit his lips, unsure of what to do.

 

Minseok ended up nailing his speech and even cracking a few jokes on the way. Luhan couldn’t be more proud but feel bad at the same time. Guilt took over him as he ran towards Minseok. Minseok looked over at Luhan with a blank face thinking.

‘D…Did I do well? What’ll Lu ge think?’ Luhan bit his bottom lip ad stretched his arms out, putting on a grin. Mineok beamed as he ran towards Luhan, he took Minseok in his arms as giggled.

“Sorry, you did great out there.” Minseok buried his face in Luhan’s jacket and exhaled.

“Mm hm.”

 

The night ended up great, Pledis was there and even YG! Minseok looked around for familiar faces until…

“Wha…you’re Kim Minseok right?” He turned around, facing a tall figure with more than 5 people behind them.

“Hi, we’re from Bithit, you probably haven’t heard about us…” he scratched the back of his head and grinned.

“Oh I know, BTS shojo department!” The boy seemed to be surprised, and so was the group.

“You’re Park Jimin! An amazing manager if I say so myself.” Jimin bowed slightly and chuckled.

“Me? What about me?” Someone popped up behind Jimin and beamed.

“Of course! Jungkook, I love your art style, by the way I think you two are a great pair together.” Jungkook laughed it off as Jimin nudged him on the side, making him lower his head into a bow.

“I can’t believe we got recognized!” Jungkook said as the two walked off.

“Oh! You’re the author for ‘Lost City’!” Minseok said as Taehyung’s eyes widened.

“You read our mangas?” Minseok giggled and reached his hand out, Taehyung took it.

“Why did you make it sound like it ? It’s actually one of my favourites.” Taehyung couldn’t believe what he was hearing.

“Th…Thank you!” The group around Minseok seemed to lessen as Luhan found his way around the crowd.

“Looks like somebody is having a good time.” Minseok leaned on Luhan’s arm and sighed.

“Everyone here is so kind and nice towards me.” He said it like it wasn’t supposed to go that way. Luhan looked down at Minseok, then up again at the chandeliers.

“What do you think of doing after this?” He asked with a sigh.

“After what?” Minseok turned his head so they were looking at each other.

“After all this, manga and stuff.” Minseok stuck his bottom lip out and let out a breath, or a sigh, Luhan couldn’t quite tell.

“Be together with *Levi~” Minseok joked and received a flick on the forehead.

*Levi: An anime character from Attack on Titan who is too hot to be just a drawing.