Coincidence

Same, but Different
Even with ice cream in front of me, I can’t focus. Of all names, why does he have to be Namjoon, too?
 
“Byeol!” Woong shouts in my face and I jump.
 
“ is wrong with you?” I rub my ears to show how loud he was.
 
“More like what’s wrong with you,” Ray defends his buddy. “Woong has been calling your name for the past five minutes.”
 
“Really…” I drift off again.
 
“Seriously, Byeol.” Soo shakes me awake. “It’s just a name.”
 
“What name?” Seob asks through a mouth full of ice cream.
 
“Can you not talk with your mouth full,” I chid him, pushing his chin up to close his mouth.
 
“That Bangtan guy, the one with the cute dimples,” Soo tells the guys, “His name is Namjoon.”
 
“I want to go home,” I announce. This whole Namjoon thing is stressing me out but even without it I’m already deadbeat from work in the day.
 
“I’ll drive you,” Woong offers. I want to reject him, but I’m too tired to care. Instead, I drag my feet to the door, my bag sweeping the floor behind me. Woong takes my bag from me as he leads me to his car. Inside, he lowers the seat for me.
 
“Sleep,” he tells me. “I’ll wake-“
 
“Byeol.” Someone calls my name and shakes my shoulders. “Wake up.”
 
“Hmm?” Groggily, I open my eyes. I’m home already? I rub my eyes. Feeling around for my bag, I roll out of the car.
 
“You okay on your own?” He asks through the opened window. I bend down so he can see me and nod.
 
“Thanks, Woong.” Waving bye, I slowly make my way up the short flight of stairs. Miraculously, I manage to get home in one piece. With no more strength left to do anything, I pass out on the couch and sleep until…
 
“I’m late for school!” I scream as I jump up from my sleep. Why didn’t my alarm ring?! Fumbling around, I quickly dig around for clothes to wear. I even ignore my phone when it rings, working in record time to finish my morning hygiene routine. Only when I’m done do I check my messages.
 
From: Soo
[Hi pig! Brunch later?]
 
Brunch? Does she not have classes today? Then realising my stupidity, I facepalm myself. Term break isn’t over yet. Dropping my bag, I proceed to pour myself a glass of juice before planting my on the sofa. I call Soo back.
 
“I am the stupidest person ever,” I say as soon as she picks up.
 
“Woah,” she sounds taken aback but I know she really isn’t. “Why, did you think it’s a school day? Again?” I sigh.
 
“Where’s brunch?” I divert the topic.
 
“New café opened in the central. Guys are coming too.”
 
Two hours later, I sit at the said café listening to music and waiting for my friends to arrive. My watch tells me it’s 11:40AM – we were supposed to meet at 11. I sip the iced caramel macchiato in front of me when a man suddenly sits down opposite me. Awkwardly, I pull out my earpiece.
 
“Byeol-ssi,” Rap Mon greets as he smiles at me. “I called you a few times but you didn’t hear me.”
 
“Sorry,” I say. “What are you doing here?”
 
“My company’s just around the corner,” Rap Mon tells me. Well, that explains it. With nothing else to say, we sit in awkward silence for the next twenty seconds.
 
“Rap Mon-ssi,” I start first, a question burning in my chest. The idol looks at me. “How did you know my name? I- I don’t remember telling you that.”
 
“Ah…” Rap Mon flushes visibly. “I guessed…?”
 
“Huh?”
 
“You look like someone I used to know, but I wasn’t sure so I just tried my luck.” Rap Mon smiles again.
 
“Such coincidence, huh. Having the same name as that someone.” What are the odds?
 
“It’s not, though…” Rap Mon furrows his brows.
 
“Not what?” He did call me Byeol first yesterday. Did I assume wrongly that this someone of his has the same name too?
 
“A coincidence.”

 
A/N: Two chapters everyday! Hooray!