Personal assistant

Same, but Different
The table is silenced yet again.
 
“What are you talking about, we met yesterday,” I joke in an attempt to lighten the atmosphere.
 
“It’s been about twelve hours,” he says matter-of-factly. I clear my throat and awkwardly look away.
 
“Byeol-ah,” Woong calls my name suddenly. “Want come with us to Rose tonight? We can go for dinner after our performance.”
 
“She has a date with me,” Rap Mon answers on my behalf. At this moment all I want to do is squirm into a hole and die.
 
“I need a coffee,” I mumble to no one in particular as I stand, pushing back my chair.
 
“I’ll get it for you,” Woong offers at the exact same time Rap Mon says, “No ice!”
 
Silently, sit down again. “I’m cool, actually.”
 
“You two.” Soo finally decides it’s time to say something. “Hurry finish or you’ll be late for school.” Ray has been done for a while now and has been on his phone this whole time.
 
“Yeah, go,” I tell Ray and Woong. Seob, on the other hand, is engaged in a pretty chummy conversation with his now Jin ‘hyung’. With a sour look at Rap Mon, Woong turns his back on us and storms out of the restaurant as Ray follows behind.
 
“Sorry about him,” I apologise to the idols on Woong’s behalf. I don’t know why I did it, but I felt like I had to.
 
“You have nothing to be sorry about,” Rap Mon reassures me. I give him a weak smile.
 
“Don’t you have any schedules now, hyungs?” Seob asks the idols.
 
“We’re not due for work until afternoon,” Jin answers him.
 
“I have to make a trip home to get my things for class,” I tell Soo.
 
“Need a lift?” Rap Mon asks, and I shake my head.
 
“It’s okay, I drove…” I drove Woong’s car here, damn it. I facepalm myself for the millionth time this morning.
 
“She definitely needs a ride,” Soo announces.
 
“I think I really need a coffee…” Without another word, I fish my wallet out and throw my bag to Soo as I head for the café across the street. Slowly and abiding to the traffic laws, I wait for the traffic light to turn green before crossing the road. The light changes to red just as I reach the other side.
 
“Wait up!” I hear Rap Mon’s familiar voice call out behind me and turning around, I see him beat the red light to reach me.
 
“Are you crazy!” I scold him as soon as he steps up the curb. “Don’t you know it’s dangerous to run across the road like that?”
 
Rap Mon is stunned for a couple of seconds but a smile slowly creeps up his face. “Come on, let’s go get you your coffee.” He pushes the door open ahead of me and holds it as I enter after him.
 
“Iced caramel macchiato,” I order at the cashier. Rap Mon audibly sighs beside me.
 
“And an iced americano,” he adds to my order before pulling out his wallet. I stop him and pass the cashier a bill for change.
 
“Byeol.”
 
“What? We have to take turns, right?” I accept my change from the cashier and receive my beeper.
 
“Good to see you again.” The voice I never thought I’d hear again so soon drifts across the counter. I freeze at the disgusting voice and mentally slap myself for not noticing the staff behind the cashier first.
 
“You know him?” Rap Mon asks, his stance a bit protective.
 
“No.” I say this looking at the ert in the eye. I turn sharply and go to wait at the collection point.
 
“Didn’t see you as this type of girl,” the ert comes up from behind me, a mop in his hand. His nametag looks as if it’s been scratched at so I can’t tell his name, not that I’m really interested anyway.
 
“Byeol?” Rap Mon looks down at me, worry clouding his pretty eyes. Our drinks come out at this point so passing Rap Mon his americano, I hold my drink in one hand and with the other drag Rap Mon out by his arm. He stops me when we’re outside.
 
“He’s not someone you don’t know.” His tone is flat and stern.
 
“He’s an ,” I say, taking a mouthful of my macchiato. Rap Mon says nothing and urges me to continue with a questioning look.
 
“He’s that stalker who’s been leaving notes under my door.” I rub my temples and rake a hand through my uncombed hair.
 
“How are you so sure?” His expression softens into worry once again.
 
“What’s with that expression?” I joke and poke him in his cheek. “Relax, he hasn’t done anything stupid. Yet.” I add the last word with a heavy heart. With someone as psycho as him, there’s no knowing what he’ll do next.
 
“Why don’t you just report him?”
 
“The police is just going to see it as coincidence. He’s there in almost every café I walk into, but that’s it. I have no evidence of anything else.”
 
Rap Mon sighs a heavy sigh. His brows are furrowed and his lips are pressed into a tight line. “Looks like I’m going to have to stick to you like bubble gum from now on.”
 
“What? Why?” I press on the spot between his eyebrows and push up, releasing his eyebrows from his frown.
 
“To protect you, of course.” His words make my heart beat a little to fast and skip one too many times.
 
“Pfft.” I roll my eyes at him. “Says the busy idol.”
 
“Which is why from today onwards, you’re my personal assistant.”


A/N: Are we finally seeing some action?