Flutters

Same, but Different
“Oh-am-gee,” Taehyung lies flat on the floor after the sixth consecutive round of dance.

“Wow, no doubts this is BTS,” I exclaim in awe. The guys were singing and rapping as they dance, all the while performing both tasks simultaneously and perfectly. I am charmed beyond words.
 
“How am I still alive…” Jin struggles to say, his breathing rapid. Quietly, Namjoon squats by the corner, his back against the mirror. He holds his towel in his hand while trying to catch his breath. I pick up a bottle of water and walk over to him.
 
“Here.” I twist open the cap and pass him the bottle. He hesitantly accepts.
 
“Thanks.”
 
“You did really well,” I compliment. More than s who are already good dancers, the extra effort Namjoon puts in to catch up with then is quite the heart-warming sight.
 
“You really think so?” There is a slight frown in his tone. He takes another mouthful of water, his eyes searching mine.
 
I smile and take his towel from him, wiping the stray stream of water that escaped his lips as he drank too quickly. Carefully sweeping his hair off his face, I dap the sweat beads off.
 
“You were the most handsome! But oppa, are you really okay?” Namjoon should have cooled down a bit already but his face is turning redder by the second. He takes his towel back and very roughly wipes his face.
 
“Really, I’m fine,” he says, his voice muffled in the towel.
 
“Byeol-ah.” I turn at the call of my name and Yoongi waves me over. Taking another look at Namjoon, I go over.
 
“You want tangsooyook, right?” He holds up a flyer for Chinese takeout. I nod.
 
“Anything else?” Jin asks, eyeing the menu in the flyer.
 
“Bean paste noodles!” I sit down beside Yoongi and peer over at the flyer. “Oh, right. You all want any drinks? I’ll go get them.”
 
“Jungkookie will go,” Yoongi says, sending eye signals to the maknae.
 
“Ah, hyung…!” Jungkook leans on Taehyung, looking up at him with puppy eyes.
 
“I’ll go,” I tell them, standing up. “Orders?”
 
“Iced americano,” Yoongi and Jungkook say at the same time.
 
“You. Go with her.”
 
Jungkook shrugs and prepares to stand but I stop him. “There are fans outside. Jin oppa? Jimin oppa?”
 
“Iced americano too, thanks,” Jimin says with a smile.
 
“Fruit tea!”
 
I turn to the man still stoning in the corner. “Namjoon oppa?” He looks up, startled.
 
“Huh, what?”
 
“Drinks?” I furrow my brows at him.
 
“Oh, I’ll have whatever you’re having…” And he dazes off again. Yoongi stands and walks over to his bag. Pulling out his wallet, he hands me a bill.
 
“I’ll be right back!” I take the bill and run off. Outside, I scan the surrounding and spot a cafe some two buildings down. Tucking my hands into my jacket pocket, I speed walk over.
 
“Welcome!” A nice looking lady at the counter greets. I tell her my orders and pay, remembering to collect my change and the buzzer before heading over to the collection counter. After a while, my orders start coming out as the barista lines up eight cups in front of me.
 
“Can I get a carrier for these?” I ask politely and the barista brandishes two cardboard trays, placing the cups into the trays for me. I keep the extra money into my pocket to free my hands before attempting to balance a tray on each hand.
 
“You look like you need some help,” Namjoon appears out of nowhere and takes a tray from me.
 
“You should’ve rested some more.”
 
“And let you carry all these alone?” He walks ahead and motions for me to follow. I smile in thanks as he holds the door open for me. Walking side by side, I watch as he balances himself on wobbly legs. I sigh.
 
“Oppa, lean on me if you have to,” I tell him. “Don’t fall.”
 
With a cheeky smile, he snakes his arm over my shoulder, passing some of his weight over to me.
 
“What are you two doing?” Yoongi stands with his arms crossed in the lobby, his eyes running between Namjoon and I.
 
“What, what?” I pass him my tray but he pretends to not see it. Namjoon pulls back his arm and clears his throat  
 
“Let’s go up,” he says and presses the lift button. Yoongi casually reaches over and pulls an iced americano off Namjoon’s tray and takes a sip. Namjoon looks in his tray and then over at mine.
 
“This one.” I balance the tray on one hand and pull out one of the two iced caramel macchiatos. “You said to get whatever I was having so…”
 
“Perfect, thanks.” He takes the cup and mixes the content before drinking. A satisfied smile spreads across his face. The lift dings and the three of us approach the noisy dance room.
 
“The food’s not here yet?” I ask when we enter. I squeeze myself into the circle the guys are seated in, placing the drinks on the floor in the middle.
 
“What were you all talking about?” Namjoon comes up behind me. He passes me his tray and I place it with the other drinks in front.
 
“Byeol.” Jimin says this looking at me but I don’t know if this is an answer to Namjoon’s question or if he’s just calling me.
 
“Hmm?” I respond anyway but he doesn’t say anything else.
 
“What about Byeol?” Namjoon taps on Jungkook beside me and asks him to make space as he slides down in place. I take a sip of my coffee.
 
“Byeol is pretty, has a nice voice…” Taehyung lists off, making me blush at the compliments.
 
“Hyung, we’re jealous,” Jungkook shoves his face in front of Namjoon but Namjoon pushes him away.
 
“Delivery!” Our food arrives just as I’m about to ask more questions.
 
“Finally!” Jin jumps up in excitement. In the circle, the guys do a quick game of scissors, paper and stone. The loser, Hoseok, ends up having to pay for lunch. Like the cool kid he is, he takes out his card.
 
“Thank you Hoseok oppa for the lunch~,” I say, cueing his younger brothers to follow.
 
“Thanks hyung~!”

Setting the food down, we form a new circle in the middle of the practice room.