Thank you

Same, but Different
“Byeol!” My boss shouts for me through the walkie-talkie. From the backstage, I sprint out at the sound of my name.
 
“Yes, Boss?” I speak with short breaths, my stamina not quite up to par for this job. Standing at stage-centre, the burning lights are making me sweat. He motions for me to go down to where he is. There, he passes me a 50-dollar bill.
 
“5 iced americanos, 1 hot latte, 2 iced lattes, and 2 mocha iced blends,” I say before he can instruct me to do anything. This is partly out of habit from the past 3 days on the job. For the most part, let’s just say I have an annoyingly good memory. Boss nods at me with a smile.
 
“Get an additional 7 grapefruit juices too,” he adds on. “And whatever you want for yourself.”
 
“I’ll be right back!” I greet before rushing off to the café across the street. Lucky for me, it’s non-peak period so there isn’t a queue.
 
“Order?” The boy at the cashier asks.
 
“5 iced americanos, 1 hot latte, 2 iced lattes, 2 mocha ice blends, 7 grapefruit juices and an iced caramel macchiato,” I repeat the list given to me with the addition of my own drink. The cashier smiles at me.
 
“You’re getting more drinks every day,” he jokes and I shrug in response. As he passes me the beeper, I cringe at the intentional skin contact. Feeling his gaze on me the whole time, I heave a sigh of relief when the beeper finally blinks red. Grabbing my drinks, I make a dash for the exit.
 
“Drinks are here!” I call out when I enter the hall. People smile and thank me as I pass them their drinks. Not sure whom the grapefruit juices are for, I pass them to Boss.
 
“Take them to the waiting room,” he instructs.
 
“The… waiting room?”
 
“Yes, now hurry along. And come back here when you’re done.” With that, Boss waves me off. Doing as told, I take the two bags of drinks with me backstage before locating the waiting room. I knock on the door twice before a man, probably the manager, opens it.
 
“Drinks on the director,” I explain as I pass him one of the bags. My drink was in the second bag and I struggle to take it out. Another man, one I recognise as Bangtan’s Rap Monster, comes over. Taking the bag from me, he holds it open for me to take my drink. I mumble a thank you and turn to leave.
 
“Hey!” Rap Monster calls and instinctively, I turn back. “Tell the director thank you.”
 
“Will do, enjoy the drinks,” I say as I raise my own cup. Bowing, I head back out again where more work awaits me.
 
“Byeol!” Boss calls for the millionth time in the past hour.
 
Across the hall, I shout back, “Yes?”
 
“Get the boys ready for rehearsal!”
 
Cursing under my breath, I run for the waiting room again. Just like before, I knock on the door twice but this time, Jungkook opens the door.
 
“Oh? The noona from just now,” he greets. I smile awkwardly, but don’t have the time or will to explain to him that I’m not that much his noona for him to be calling me that.
 
“Rehearsal in fifteen,” I tell them. “Standby in ten.” Bowing, I take a step backwards and accidentally bump into someone.
 
“Sorry,” we both say together. Looking up, I realise that it’s Rap Mon. For his sake, I repeat what I told Jungkook just now. Bowing again, I take my leave.
 
“Byeol…ssi,” the sound of my name stops me and I turn back around. “Your name is Byeol, right?” Rap Monster asks.
 
“Yes…?” I reply hesitantly. How did he know? I don’t even have my nametag on.
 
“Thank you,” he says. It was just two simple words but coming out of his mouth, it sounds like music. Smiling, I continue on my way out. 


A/N: First chapter of SBD is up! Please feel free to leave comments and let me know what you think of the story :) Also, bear with me while I familiarise myself with AFF T_T