TWENTY-TWO

My First & Last Love Season 3 (BAEKMI)

BAEKHYUN POV

I take a deep breath and let it out. When I was ready, I press the bell. Just a few second later, someone open the door and greet me in shock.

“Oh Hyung. What are you doing here? Noona is not here. She went to her work.”

I smile and said “I know. I want to meet you and your dad. Is he home?”

“Dad, yeah he is. Sorry. Come in.” He move aside and let me walk in. When I was in, Yu Jin me to the living room where Bomi dad’s sitting watching television.

“Who is it Yu Jin?”

“Appa, Baekhyun hyung is here.” Yu Jin said.

Then he turn around and smile.

“Oh! Mr. Byun. What are you doing here?”

“Call me Baekhyun, Mr. Yoon.” I said.

“I’ll call you Baekhyun if you call me uncle.” Mr. Yoon said.

I smile and nod my head. Then Mr. Yoon said “Come and have a sit. Sorry our house is small. I hope you are comfortable.”

“I don’t mind uncle.” And take a couch. It wasn’t awkward at all but I was nervous. Then I ask “How are you feeling now uncle?”

“Better since I have my strict daughter and control son with me.” Mr. Yoon said. We laugh and Yu Jin said “We have to dad. Because you are so stubborn. And you know our strict and control come from you.”

“I know son. Don’t worry. I’m happy with that and feel blessed.” Mr. Yoon said to Yu Jin and he look at me and ask “So, Baekhyun why are you here? Do you have a date with Bomi?”

“No uncle. Bomi don’t even know I’m here. I came to meet you to discuss about something.”

He raised her eyebrow and ask “Discuss about something? What is it son.”

My hand start to cold. I let out a long sigh. Then Mr. Yoon ask “What is it you want to talk about Baekhyun? You look nervous.”

I take out a box from the pocket in my blazer. Then I open it and place it on the table facing Mr. Yoon so he can see the ring. He look shock and pick the ring up. Then he look at me and ask “It’s beautiful son. But what is this for?”

I drink the water, which was given earlier to wet my dry throat and place the glass back on the table. He clear his throat and clench my hand together and said “Uncle, I love your daughter and I know you know that. But I love her so much uncle. So so much that I want to live my whole life with her. I love her so much that I want to be with her for the rest of my life. I love your daughter so much that I want to marry you. I come to see you here today with the ring is to ask permission to marry her. I know Bomi will want me to ask you and Yu Jin first that’s why I’m here. So uncle would you let me marry you beautiful, sweet cheerful daughter.”

I was waiting for Mr. Yoon answer. He look shock for a while but then a smile appear on his face and said “God, son. You don’t know how happy I am to hear this. Of course I allow you to marry my daughter.”

Then tears start to appear on Mr. Yoon eyes and he said “Thank you, son." Thank you so much for loving my daughter so much. I always want my daughter be love for other since she suffer much because her mother. I always want someone to love because of her and putting her mother’s story aside. Thank you son for accepting Bomi for who she is even you know who her mother is.”

“I love her for who she is uncle. When I know about her past and what her mother did, I didn’t hate her but my respect and love for her grew bigger. She sacrificed her teenager life by working just to make sure to lighten your burden. I love your daughter so much uncle that I promise I will take care of her and her family and love her eternity.”

“I happy to hear that son. I’m so happy to hear that. Thank you once again for accepting my daughter Baekhyun.”

I smile and said “My pleasure uncle.”

Then Yu Jin who was sitting quietly listening to us said “I’m so happy for Bomi noona. But hyung I have something to say.”

“What is it Yu Jin?”

“The possibilities for noona to say no more than she’s going to say yes. She told me once that even when someone who love her or she love propose her she might just say no because she don’t want that person to suffer. She’s still scared of what people say and what she scared the most is she will turn out like omma which that will never happen. So please be patient with her and bare with her, please.”

I smile and nod. “Of course I will Yu Jin. Don’t worry. I’ll wait for her even if I’m old and grey.”

“Thank you hyung for understanding.”

Then Mr. Yoon said “Come on now. Hide this ring Baekhyun. Bomi might be on her was home.”

After a few minutes later, Bomi walk in the house informing everyone “Appa, Yu Jin I’m home.”

Then Yu Jin said “I know. You don’t need to tell everyone about it. We can here the door clicking.”

Mr. Yoon and I just laugh. Then Mr. Yoon said “They are always like this.”

I smile and nod. Then when Bomi walk in the living room, she was shock to see me here “Baekhyun, what are you doing here?”

“Hi to you to Bomi. Just I’m here to see your dad and Yu Jin.”

She just nod and said okay. After a few minutes later, I ask permission to go back home. Then all stand up and Bomi said that he will sent me.

When we arrive the at my car, I turn and pull Bomi in my arm. I know she’s startle. Then she said “Baekhyun what are you doing? Everyone is watching and what will appa say when he saw this.”

“I miss you Bomi. Just a few second.”

Then I broke the hug. Then I look her up and down and up again and said “Did you wear this to your work place?”

Bomi frown and nod her head. “Yes. Why? What’s wrong with what I’m wearing?”

“Everything. Why are you wearing shorts and showing half of your leg.”

“It’s hot Baekhyun. What do you expect. Me to wear a jumper.”

“That’s a good idea.” I said.

“Shut up Baekhyun. Now go back home. I’ll see you next week on your graduation day.”

“Okay. But before I leave, I want a kiss.”

Bomi narrow her eyes but still peck my lips. Then I walk in the car. Before I close the door I said “I love you beautiful.”

She smile and said “I love you to mi Vida.”

Then I close my door and wait for her to walk in. Then dive away.

***

At last I am officially graduate. I’m free from assignment’s and finals. God it feel so good. When the graduation ended, I walk to my family and saw my Bomi with them. They congrats me. Then I ask permission to go and pull Bomi with me. Bomi frown and said “What are you doing Baekhyun? Everyone is looking. Why did you leave your family on your happy day?”

“Just follow me Bomi. I have something to ask.” Baekhyun said.

I pull her until the behind of the collage building. I turn to Bomi and let out a long breath. I’m nervous right now about what I’m going to ask her.

I hold her hand and start “Yoon Bomi since the first time I saw you working at the shop, I fall in love with you. It was a love at first sight and believe me or not, your my first love. I always wanted to say hi to you but looking how beautiful you are and how nerd and ugly I was with my big glasses and braces stop me. But then one day, I saw you crying on the streets all alone make me approach you and say hi. Looking at you crying all alone make my heart pain and I just want to run and hug you that time.”

I stop for a while and then continue “Yoon Bomi, I love you so damn much. Your my first love and I want you to be my last love.”

I take out a black velvet box and kneel down and open the box and show the ring to her “So my beautiful Yoon Bomi, will you marry me and become Byun Bomi. My Byun Bomi.”

I saw shock and happiness in her face. Tears start to roll but the happiness in her eyes instantly fade away and something that hard to describe show.

“Baek...Baekhyun. I love to-” I smile but then “-but.”

“But?” I ask. “Why is there buts Bomi?”

“I don’t think I can marry you Baekhyun. I love to marry you. Hell, I even dream about this but I can’t. I love you Baekhyun but you deserve a better girl then me. A girl who have your standard. Who can make you happy.”

I stand up and said “No Bomi. What are you saying? You deserve me. You make me happy Bomi. So why are you saying this. I know this is only your reasons to say no. Tell me Bomi what’s the real reasons.”

“I’m scared Baekhyun. I’m scared that I might become like my mom. People already start to say something bad about me and said that I will end up like my mom. And marrying you is a bad idea. Whatever the thought about me will make it true. I love you Baekhyun. I love you all my heart. You are also my first love and I want you to be last too. But I don’t think is a good idea Baekhyun. Anyway, I’m still studying. I need to graduate first and find a proper job and take care of appa and Yu Jin. I can’t be selfish Baekhyun. Just because of my happiness I forget and leave Yu Jin and appa all alone. I love to marry you Baekhyun but give me time. Please.” Bomi said and tears keep on falling from her eyes and it hurt me.

I understand what she want to say and she’s right. How could I be so selfish for my own happiness. I’ll wait for Bomi. I’ll give her time as long as she want. If not now, I’ll ask her again and again until she say yes. I will love her forever and wait for her for the rest of my life.

I cup her cheek and caress it with my thumb. “I’m sorry Bomi. I’m really sorry. Sorry for being selfish. I was thinking about me and I didn’t think about what you feel. But Bomi, I’ve meet your dad and his okay with this. His even happy. I promise him that I will take care of you and your family. I promise him that I’m going to take care of them to Bomi.”

“I know. But I can’t Baekhyun. I’m not ready yet. Sorry Baekhyun.”

I close my eyes and sigh. Then I open back my eyes and said “Okay Bomi. I understand. But I’m telling you in advance. I’m going to stay by your side forever. I will ask you propose me when I think I want to and I won’t stop even you are going to say no until we are old and grey. I love you so damn much Bomi so I’ll wait for you.”

“Thank you so much Baekhyun for understanding. I’m sorry.”

“Don’t be. I understand.” And pull her in my arm and hug her tightly.

 

BOMI POV

“Oh Bomi, stop crying.” Eunji said.

“It’s not your fault. You was not ready yet. I bet Baekhyun will understand.” Namjoo add.

“But I can see in his eyes that he was hurt when I say no.” I said still crying in Naeun’s arm.

After Baekhyun propose me, he sent me to the hostel. But this time he didn’t even hug or kiss me like he always do and I know why. Because when I look in at him, I can see his hurt because he look so damn sad and I’m the one who need to blame.

“Oh God, Bomi. Stop crying. You been crying for almost half an hour now. Your eyes will swollen tomorrow. It’s not your fault Bomi. Baekhyun will understand.”

“I hope he will because I love him so much guys.” I said.

“We know Bomi unnie. Now stop crying will you. It’s hurt to see our happy-go-lucky Yoon Bomi crying like this.”

I pull away from the hugs and wipe my tears and said “Thank you guys.”

“We will always be here for you Bomi.” Namjoo said.

Then we went to sleep.