CHAPTER FOURTEEN

My First & Last Love Season 3 (BAEKMI)

BAEKHYUN POV

I wake up and stretch. When I open my eyes, smile start to draw on my lips remembering what happen last night. Bomi loves me. I turn and beam my face on the pillow and shout

“BOMI LOVE ME! YES!” and slap my leg on the bed like a kid.

Then my sister and mother rush in my room. “What happen? Why are you shouting?” My mom asks.

I turn to look at them and frown. “Nothing happen. What are you guys doing here?”

“We came for a breakfast with our son and little brother since he barely come home to us.” Mom said in her sarcastic voice.

I just smile and scratch my head. Then my sister said “Come on. Go and take your shower and we can have breakfast together. Your dad and brother-in-law are waiting.”

I just nod my head. Then I take my phone because I want to look at the time. Well I want to see if Bomi text me. When I switch it on, there was one text but from Kai. I was disappoint.  After reading Kai text and replay it, I text Bomi good morning text and walk in the bathroom to take my shower.

After eating my breakfast, I ask permission to go to college. My family just nod and allow me. Therefore, I did. Well don’t get the wrong idea. Today is girl’s basketball final match and like always being a good senior, I have to go and give them a support. Well I will also take this opportunity to be with Bomi.

When I arrive at the college and being a good senior, I walk in the court and meet the player and coach. After giving them a few words of words of encouragement, me and Kai walk to our girls and Eunji who was already sitting with Lay and the game start.

“NAMJOO FIGHTING!” Eunji, Bomi and Naeun shout. Me, Lay and Kai just smile.

When it was the second half match, Namjoo phone ring and Eunji pick it up since the phone is at them.

“Hello.” Eunji said.

“Yes this is her phone. And I’m her friend. She’s having a basketball match now. What is it?”

Just then, Eunji drop the phone and her face look sad and worry. Everyone look at Eunji. Bomi and Naeun look at her and Bomi ask “Eunji, what happen? Who was it?”

I pick the phone and ask “Hello. Who is it?”

“Hello. We are from Seoul Hospital. We call to say that her parents and brother is in the hospital right now. They involve in accident.”

I was shock. I close my eyes and cool myself and said, “Okay. We’ll be there.”

After I hang up, Bomi ask “What happen? Who is it? And why is Eunji crying?”

“It’s from the hospital. Namjoo family is in the hospital right now. They involve in an accident.”

Bomi and Naeun gasp. “How are we going to tell Namjoo this?” Eunji ask.

“Let’s just wait until the game finish. It’s only 6 minutes left. Then we will tell her.” Kai said. All the three girls already start to cry. I pull Bomi in my arm and said “Hey, stop cry.”

“Namjoo will be broken when she hear this.”

I couldn’t say anything. She’s right. I know how bright Namjoo is and knowing her family is in the hospital battling for life will broke her just like Ji Soo. Even if I only know Namjoo for few months but I know how she is.

 

BOMI POV

After the game end. We walk to Namjoo. Namjoo saw us and smile.

“Hey guys.” Then she saw our sour face and ask “Hey. We won. Why are you so sad. And you guys did you just cry?”

Naeun and Eunji couldn’t take it anymore and start to cry. I walk to Namjoo nearer and hold her hand.

“Namjoo, if I tell you this, I hope you can be strong.”

“Guys, what is it? Tell me. You guys are worrying me.”

I close my eyes. Baekhyun hold my shoulder as if giving me strength. I open my eyes and said “Your family is in Seoul hospital. They just involve in an accident on their way here.”

Namjoo drop her bag. “No...no..no. You guys are lying. There are here. If this is one of their or your surprise, it’s too much. There are here.”

Tears start to fall. “No Namjoo. It’s not. I’m so sorry.”

Namjoo cry and was about to run but Baekhyun able stop her by grabbing her wrist and said “Let me send you. it will be faster.”

Namjoo just nod and whisper sadly “Please.”

Then we all walk to Baekhyun car and drive straight to the hospital. Kai and Naeun follow us from the back.

When we arrive, Namjoo rush out the car and in the hospital. Me and Eunji just follow. Baekhyun said he go and park the car and come later.

When we arrive at the hospital, Namjoo run to the hospital and ask about her family and we run to the emergency room after the nurse told us.

When we arrive there, the doctor came out and Namjoo ask

“How is my family?” she ask in worry.

“I’m sorry but your mother and father died at the scene. And your brother is fighting for his life. We are trying to do everything to save him. That all we can say now.” Then the doctor walk away.

Namjoo fall on the ground and cry. I hug her and try to make her cool down. I know how it feel to lose your love one.

Since that day, Namjoo didn’t follow us to college or hostel. He just stay at the hospital since the doctor say that they were able to save her brother but his in a critical condition. We know that Namjoo is really sad and mad since it was hit and run. The police trying to do everything.

Now I am on my way back to the hostel after visiting Namjoo at the hospital with Baekhyun. Naeun wanted to follow but she have an extra class today and Eunji went with her family.

Then I felt Baekhyun hold my hand and intertwined it with his. I open my eyes and look at him. He look at me and smile. he brought my hand to his lips and kiss it.

“Everything going to be okay. Namjoo is a strong girl and she have all of us.” He said.

I smile and nod. “I hope so. I really hope it will be okay. It’s too sad to see Namjoo who use to smile and laugh, look so pale and sad.” I said wiping my tears.

“Don’t worry. Everything going to be fine. His brother will be fine.”

“I wish. I know Nam Jin oppa is a fighter and I really hope he get well soon. It’s good that Namjoo is not alone. Her aunty is there.”

***

It’s been 2 week since Namjoo didn’t came to college and the since the professor know about it, we didn’t mind. It was two in the morning and Eunji phone ring. We all wake up because of the ringtone. Eunji pick it up and put in on loudspeaker.

“Hello Namjoo. What is it? Is everything okay?” Eunji ask.

“Eun...Eunji ah. Oppa is no more. He left me like how omma and appa left me.”

We all start to cry. Naeun hug me and cry. Then I said “Namjoo, stay there. We will be there.”

After a we got ready, and went straight to the hospital by bus.

When we arrive, Namjoo run to us and hug me and cry. We all hug her back and said everything going to be okay.

After the 3 days of the funeral, Namjoo said she didn’t want to go to the hostel yet and want to stay at her house alone and we let her be. We know she need a time alone. And since that day we didn’t get any of her call or text. If we call her or text her, she won’t answer it or replay our text.

So we plan to go to her house and check it. I told Baekhyun about it and he said he’ll follow and Lay oppa wanted to follow to. So we just agree.

When we arrive, we heard Namjoo shouting. We all panic and Eunji key in the door pin the we know since Namjoo give it to us after the funeral. We rush in the house and saw Tao was on top of her trying to rap her and she was trying to push her. We rush to her. Baekhyun and Lay pull him and we hug Namjoo. Both of the guy and hit him bad. Very bad. For a while I forgot about what happen and saw how handsome and cool Baekhyun look while betting Tao. I shook it off from my mind and try to comfort Namjoo.

 

BAEKHYUN POV

I know how worry is Bomi and the rest about Namjoo so I just agree to follow them to see Bomi. When we arrive, we heard a loud shout from inside of the house. Eunji press the pin and open the door and we rush in the house. then we saw that stupid jerk trying to Namjoo.

I was so agree and mad. So me and Lay pull him away from Namjoo and beat him as worst as we can. No one mess with our friends like that. And Namjoo, I already start to treat her as a sister since she help me to get Bomi the most. Seeing her in that situation is like seeing my sister was the one who almost got .

I try to hit him more but Lay stop me and that bustard was able to run away. Then we ask what happen, and Namjoo told us everything.

Since that day, the girls didn’t left Namjoo and at least one of them will be with us. She try to kill herself for few times but it’s good that either us or someone will try to save her. Then one day when Eunji mom and dad heard that, they told us to bring her to the house and they will take care of Namjoo. How sweet can Eunji family be.

After 3 week, Namjoo start to come back to college but she was more like a live corpse. The girls was worry and surprisingly even my friends are worry especially Ji Soo since there are close and like to prank all of us together.

I couldn’t take it anymore. Looking how broken Namjoo is and how scared she is if she walk between a guy or even accidently touch her make me worry. What make me worry the most is looking how sad and worry Bomi is. She sometime snap off and think about Namjoo. So I walk to her and pull her to the basketball court, which luckily was empty. I can hear the other call me name and try to stop me but I ignore it.

When we were in the basketball court I let her go in the middle of the court and said “Namjoo for once please live. Don’t just be like a live corpse. Do you think your family will love and happy to see you like living like this. I know I don’t understand whatever happen to you but please start to live again. You are not alone. You have Bomi, Naeun, Eunji, Lay, me, Kai and Ji Soo, you have Eunji’s family with you. you have your aunt who is worry at you there, living you alone here. Please Namjoo. Look around and remember what really make you happy. Remember that once your family was here cheering for you. Since that happen you start to living everything you love. Remember back, you told us once that your brother use to play basketball with you. His the one make you love to play basketball. DO you think your brother will be happy looking at you like this. I know you hate basketball now since the die when they were on their way here. But Namjoo, please. Suffering yourself won’t do anything to you and you will make your family sad. Please Namjoo. Your friends is so worry of you. Cry. Let it all out. If you have problem and trouble, tell us. We are here to help.”

 

BOMI POV

Just after Baekhyun let it out, Namjoo fall on the ground and cry. Me, Eunji and Naeun rush to her and hug her. she let it all out and cry. Then she said “I’m sorry guys. I was being a jerk and selfish.”

“No Namjoo ah. You didn’t. We understand. You were devastated. We were just worry about you. We miss you so much. We miss the old you.” I said and the other agree.

She keep on apologizing and we keep on saying it’s okay. When she cool down. We all stand up and she look at Baekhyun.

“Thank you Baekhyun sunbae. You put some sense on me. I should never think only about me. Thank you so much.”

Baekhyun smile and said “It’s fine Namjoo. We were just worry about you that’s why. I’m sorry for shouting at you.”

“Don’t be. You have nothing to e sorry about.” She said and then she walk out the court with the other. When Baekhyun was about to walk, I stop him by pulling his arm. Baekhyun stop and look at me.

“Thank you.” I said.

Baekhyun frown and said “For what?”

“For what you did to Namjoo. Thank you.”

“She’s my friend to. So don’t be.”

“I love you Bun Baekhyun. I really do.”

“I know and I love you to. So much.”

I just smile and blush. Then he continue “You know I miss to heard you saying I love you to me. You said it once on the rooftop and that was it.”

“I’m sorry. After what happen, I totally forgot about it.”

“It’s okay. I understand. Shall we go now.”

I nod. But before I walk away, I kiss Baekhyun lips quickly and run. I heard Baekhyun call my name.

“Yah Yoon Bomi. Wait. If you want to kiss me, then kiss me properly.”