SIXTEEN

My First & Last Love Season 3 (BAEKMI)

BAEKHYUN POV

After the problem that I create, Bomi was busy with that guy. Just the matter that she doing an assignment with him, I let it go even the truth is I don’t like it.. But since the assignment and the mess that I create, and I have to focus on my final, she been away from me and I miss her so much.

So I call her. After two beep, she pick up.

“Hello beautiful. Where are you? I miss you.”

“Hello Baekhyun.” She said but her voice is like she’s crying. I freak out.

“Hey beautiful, what happen? Why are you crying?”

“Baekhyun, I need you.”

“Okay, but you need to tell me where you are so that I can go to you, baby.”

“Hospital.”

I freak out “Hospital. What are you doing there? Is everything okay? Are you hurt?”

“Appa, his in hospital. His in a critical condition. Baekhyun, I’m scared.” She said in her cry.

I sigh half relief and half worry and said “Okay beautiful. Just wait there okay. I’ll be there.”

I hang up, take my car key and drive straight to the hospital. When I arrive, I ask the nurse where Bomi’s dad is and run straight to ICU. When I arrive I saw Bomi was crying and a guy was beside her rubbing her back to cool her down.

I was jealous but now is not the time. Bomi need me.

“Bomi.” I said.

She look at me and run toward me, hug me and cry on my chest. I hug her back and said “Stop crying Bomi. Everything going to be okay.”

“I’m scared. I don’t want to lose my appa, Baekhyun. I love him so much.”

“I know beautiful, but you need to be strong and believe that your dad going to be okay. Come. Let’s sit and tell me what really happen.”

We sit down and she start to tell me everything.

“Appa heart attack, attack at the restaurant. We didn’t know and when Jino arrive at the restaurant, he saw appa lying on the floor. When they arrive here he was in a critical condition. The doctor meet us and said that appa heart condition is worst and they don’t know if they can save him. His condition is 50/50. I’m scared Baekhyun. I’m really am. What if appa left us too.”

I pull her in my arm and try to cool her down.

“Noona.” Yu Jin shout. Bomi pull away from my arm and look at Yu Jin. He run and hug Bomi and cry. They broke the hug and Yu Jin ask “How’s appa?”

Bomi just shook her head. Then Yu Jin bow at me. I just smile. Then the doctor walk out. Bomi run to him and ask “How is he doctor?”

“We can’t say anything yet. We try our best.”

Then I stand up and walk near Bomi.

“Oh! Baekhyun.”

“Oh! Uncle. Hello.”

“Excuse me. I need to settle something.” He said. I told Bomi and Yu Jin to wait here. I run after my uncle and stop him.

“Uncle. Do you have time? I need to talk to you.”

“Yeah I have. Let’s go to my office. We talk there.”

In the room, my uncle ask “So what is it Baekhyun. What do you want to talk about?”

“How is Bomi’s dad condition.”

“It’s hard to explain Baekhyun. When he arrive, it was too late. He might go to coma or maybe death. Only operation is they way out and even if we do any operation, it’s hard to say. He might die.”

God! Bomi’s dad is in worst condition. If Bomi know this, she’ll broke down.

“Baekhyun, can I ask who she is? You look really worry about her.”

I sigh and said “She’s my girlfriend. The girl I love. I know you’re going to say that she’s just a temporary but believe me uncle, she’s not. I’m serious about her.”

He smile and said “I believe you Baekhyun. Okay, look, we will try our best to save her father. But we can’t guarantee you anything.”

“I understand uncle. I’ll get going now.” I stand up and was about to walk out when my uncle stop me.

“Baekhyun. This time I approve your choice.”

I turn around and frown. “What do you mean?”

“I know Bomi. She’s a strong girl. And sweet to. I really like her since the first time I saw her and bring her dad to meet me and was about to plan and make her meet Tae Joon and make her my daughter-in-law.”

“I’m sorry uncle, but it’s too late now. She’s mine and I have no intention of leaving her. I’ll make her mine one day.”

“I like that spirit, son. All the best.”

“Thanks uncle. I’ll get going now.” And walk out the room and walk to Bomi. When I open the door, I saw Bomi sitting beside her dad and Yu Jin behind her. Then Jino walk in with a plastic back and said “Bomi noona, Yu Jin. I brought food. You guys need to eat something especially you Bomi noona.”

“I’m not hungry Jino. Ask Yu Jin to eat.”

Then Jino look at me and ask for my help. I nod and walk near Bomi and squeeze her upper arm and said “Bomi, you need to eat something. You need to keep yourself strong if you want to be there beside your dad. And do you think your dad will like it if you don’t eat because of him. Please eat something. I heard from Jino you didn’t even have your breakfast and lunch, so please eat something. At least eat for your dad sake.”

“Hyung is right noona. Please eat something. For appa sake. He won’t like to see her daughter hunger herself and torture herself. Please eat something noona.” Yu Jin said kneeling in front of Bomi and try to feed her.

Bomi smile and open and eat the food that Yu Jin feed her. Yu Jin smile and said “That’s my sister.” And try to feed her again. Bomi laugh and said “What am I? A 3 years old kid.”

“No. But I just want to feed my sister.” Yu Jin said and make Bomi chuckle. I just smile looking at them. They do have a close bonding just like me and my brother and sister.

 

BOMI POV

Since appa is in the hospital, I never leave him alone. The assignment that I have to do with my partner, we did it here and I’m so thankful that I have such an understanding partner. And since appa was in hospital, Baekhyun came everyday with his books and study here with me. I told him he didn’t need to but he insist and said that he will be with me even in my hard time just like he promise. He said that his serious in our relationship. I don’t know how serious but I’m just thankful for now. His been a very supporting boyfriend. He even move my dad in a private room and said that is on him and at least what he can do for his father-in-law. When I heard that I chuckle and said that he is so confirm that I’m going to marry him. But I’m feeling guilty. If he fail his final or his parents know about this and he got scold, I’m going to curse myself and blame myself.

Namjoo, Naeun and Eunji came to and said they’ll be here accompany me and I’m so glad to have them as a friend. Now I just hope appa will be fine and recovery soon. Is been a week and half now since appa lying on the bed unconscious. It's worrying me and Yu Jin a lot but we have faith that he’ll wake up.

I’m walking back to appa’s room from the toilet, and when I was about to open the door, I heard a glass broke from the room. I open the door and rush in and saw appa was struggling to get a glass of water.

“Appa.” I shout.

“Bomi. I’m trusty.” Appa said weakly.

I press the button to call nurse and said to appa. “Appa I know your trusty but please wait for the doctor please.”

Appa just nod weakly. When the doctor and nurse walk in, and check appa, he look at me and smile.

“Congratulation. Your dad is getting better. Even if it’s still new for us to say but her heart condition is getting better. But just remember don’t make him tired.”

I smile and thank God. Then I look at the doctor and said “Thank you doctor. Thank you so much.”

“My pleasure Bomi. I’ll take my leave now.”

I smile and thanked him again and then walk to appa and hug him.

“Thank you appa for waking up.”

“Of course I need to wake up. I need to marry you and Yu Jin off before I leave.”

“I’ll call Yu Jin, Jino and my friends.”

Appa smile and nod. After calling all of them, I call Baekhyun. After three beep, he pick up.

“Hey beautiful. What happen. Is everything okay?” he ask in concern. I smile and touched how worry and concern he is.

“Yeah, everything is fine. Just want to tell you that appa is awake.”

“Really. Thank God. I’m happy for you Bomi. I’ll be there in few minute.”

“Don’t bother Baekhyun. Just come tomorrow. It’s late now.”

“But I want to.”

“Please Baekhyun. For once, listen to me.”

“Okay, fine. But I’ll be there early in the morning.”

“Okay. Bye.”

“I love you beautiful.”

I smile and said “I love you to Baekhyun.”

Then we hang up. I walk back in the room and sit beside my dad. We talk for a while before dad fall back to sleep. I lie down on the couch and sleep in smile.

--

Few days past and appa is getting better. He can check out next week. I’m so happy and glad. I told appa not to work anymore and just sold the restaurant away. I can still work while I’m studying. Yu Jin said the same to but appa insist. He said he still need to work and get some money to put food on our table. We had a big fight about it and at last appa surrender. He said he will stop and I’m happy. I really need him to rest properly now. No working and exhausting himself anymore. Now I need to find a work so that I can work after my classes. It’s good that me and Yu Jin is under scholarship.

Today is Yu Jin time to take care of dad. He volunteer and said that he will take care of dad since I’ll be having my final next week. When I saying by and kissing by dad and Yu Jin cheek, I walk out and saw Baekhyun was there waiting. I was shock.

“What are you doing here?” I ask.

“To pick you up.” Baekhyun smile and take me backpack from me slid in on his shoulder.

“How to you know I’m going back today?”

“Yu Jin told me.”

I frown in question and ask “Yu Jin! How did he get your number?”

“Well Ms. Yoon, I have a very good relationship with my brother-in-law. You just don’t know about that.”

I frown and then smirk annoyingly and said “Brother-in-law. Like really.”

“What? It’s true. Now shall we go, beautiful.”

I just nod and smile. How come I got so lucky to have him.

When we were in car driving back to my dorm. Then Baekhyun hold my hand and I look at the hand that he was holding. I just smile and look at him.

“Thank you Baekhyun.” I said.

Baekhyun frown. “Why are you thanking me for?”

“For everything. For being patient with me, for paying my dad room and his surgery. I really do appreciate it. I promise, one day I’ll pay back.”

He park to the side and stop. He pull the hand break up. I was shock. Did I say something wrong.

He turn to look at me and cupped my cheek with both of his hand. “Listen Bomi. I did this not because I want you to pay back. I did this because I really want to.”

“But-”

“No buts Bomi. I really want to help you and it give me happiness to help you because it makes you happy. I know your dad is really important to you.”

“But I still want to thank you Baekhyun. I really want to pay the debit back.” I said.

Baekhyun sigh and said “Okay. If you really want to pay back. Can you do one thing for me?”

“What is it? I’ll do anything.”

“Sleep with me.” Baekhyun said.

"WHAT!"