Nine

My Roommate's A Vampire (By Accident)

I've never felt worse for someone in my life than how bad I felt for Jeongguk. He looked like he was getting sicker by the day. His skin was super pale and he started keeping the house super warm because he complained about being cold all the time to the point where I went and bought him a small heater for his room. At first I thought it was just the change in seasons, but he lived on the streets. Then I thought he was just stressed about getting a job and all that, but he seemed super relaxed and even happy at times at getting a job at the studio. After hearing about his failed Google searches, it kinda pulled at my heart.

Anyways, I woke up at about half eight and made some blueberry pancakes and eggs, made some coffee as well as tea, and invited Jeongguk to have breakfast with me so we could talk this out and have a plan so to speak. I knocked on his door at least three times before just walking in to find him completely submerged in every single blanket on his bed and his heater to the highest setting. That room was an oven, it was so warm!

It took about twenty minutes, but I managed to wake him up and we talked about his condition over pancakes and eggs before I got a call from the studio. Normally, I just get texts from work, but they told me they finally had an opening for Jeongguk. Apparently, they were waiting for an opening in the same class I taught and my coworker moved to San Diego for whatever reason, so they wanted to let Jeongguk kinda get more familiar with it, have him fill out some forms, and basically just get the housekeeping things of getting a job done.

So after we finished breakfast and cleaned up the kitchen, I told him about the studio giving him a job and he needed to go down there and get it all sorted, so we decided to go there together since I needed my schedule for the next two weeks. It's a good thing the house is only a small walk away becaue when we got to the studio, Jeongguk was really red. Like, lobster red. It looked like he was on the beach for fourteen hours before finally deciding that it was time to come inside. I mean, he was RED. It's a good thing he was comfortable enough around other people at this point since I snuck out for a second to get him some sunscreen, which feels really wrong when you're craving a pumpkin spice latte. Anyways, even after half a bottle of sunscreen, by the time we got back to the house he still looked amazingly burned. Honestly, it was kind of impressive.

We decided to settle in on a drama and some snacks, just kinda chilling and enjoying each other's company...thinking about it more, just to deviate from the story real quick, I know Jeongguk talked about his tranquility and loving my company and all that, but it's kinda nice just being in his company too. It's a calming kind of presence, the kind that gives you that warm bubbly feeling in your chest.