05:

The Last Fight | kaisoo

decided to chop down chapters. 

--

 

Kyungsoo's eyes shot open when the aroma of fresh bacon and eggs lingered around his small room. He lazily sat up on the bed and yawned.

"Morning Kyungie."

Kyungsoo's eyelids fluttered at the sight of Chanyeol who just came out of the bathroom, only the towel covering him. He gave him a small smile, "Morning Yeol." Kyungsoo stood up, fixing the blanket before shooting Chanyeol a sharp look. "Don't you dare dress in front of me Park; I'll choke you with a pillow." Kyungsoo's mood immediately shifted making Chanyeol laugh.

"Of course not Kyung as much as it's a nice view but Baekhyun would probably fry me before you could even choke me." Chanyeol answered, drying his hair with a towel.

"Baek's up early?"

"Uhuh."

Kyungsoo doesn't answer and immediately went to the bathroom, grabbing his toothbrush. It was a normal thing to happen to them but the only thing that he can't take is that if Chanyeol and Baekhyun are doing things that Hallelujah can't even define. He set up a rule about it but as expected, it gets ignored. 

"How are you holding up Kyung?" Chanyeol suddenly questioned, sitting at the end of the bed. Kyungsoo paused brushing his teeth, his eyes fluttering in annoyance and almost choking from the toothpaste. He tried to speak normally. "Why does everyone ask me that? Can't you people just leave that issue alone?"

"Tch," Chanyeol remarked, grabbing his shirt. "Jongin's my bestfriend and you are someone whom I care about."

"Then your bestfriend is a douche." Kyungsoo answered before shutting the door in a rude manner. He's just tired of that issue and if this is asked everyday? He might lose it. 

 

-

"Don't ing touch the eggs Park, those are for Kyungsoo." Baekhyun gave his boyfriend a dead stare when Chanyeol attempted to grab the plate of eggs. Chanyeol grunted, "I can't touch the bacon and I can't touch the eggs either. What would I eat? You?"

Baekhyun gasped at that thought that it made him blush; he hid his embarrassment by hitting Chanyeol's arm. "I am not ing cooking for you again!"

"Babe," Chanyeol rose from the table. "I didn't mean to say that those spring rolls were bad."

"OH NO DON'T YOU ING TOUCH ME PARK, I'LL ING SKIN YOU ALIVE!" Baekhyun exclaimed.

Kyungsoo silently watched how the couple argued in the kitchen over just a plate of eggs. He grabs a glass and filled it with water before watching the two again, the food on the table making his mouth water.

He just watched how those two bicker over the food and hit each other. It reminded him of a certain memory back then,

 

"You cooked this?" Kyungsoo asked Jongin after sitting. The younger had escorted him gently, placing a nicely folded napkin on the table. "Yes I did, I looked it from the internet."

Wow, effort?

Kyungsoo observed the specie of food infront of him, he tried to guess what kind it is, "Is this uh, eggs?"

"Uhuh." The younger replied diligently, tapping Kyungsoo's back. "Give it a taste Chef."

Kyungsoo gulped, "Okay." Kyungsoo couldn't laugh because Jongin looked so excited. He got a fork and immediately swallowed the eggs.

"It's good right? I did well right?" Jongin asked, his eyes shining. Kyungsoo chewed before answering and tapping Jongin's shoulder. It was just egg with mayonnaise and parsley. "You did great. I thought you're cooking for something big."

"I'm still learning though. My parents won't make me cook, they said I always burn the kitchen."

"Nice advice though. It's better for you to cook small things."

Jongin gave his boyfriend a small frown. "But I wanna cook!" He obliged while Kyungsoo's chewing. "What if someday I marry you and I don't know how to cook? I don't want you to struggle at the kitchen alone."

Kyungsoo paused.

"Well, it's okay hyung if It tastes bad---WHAT THE HOLD ON I'LL GET WATER!" Jongin exclaimed; his eyes widening as he rushed to the kitchen.

Kyungsoo was choking.

 

 

Kyungsoo shook his head.

It was nice to remember fun things you did in the past, fun things you two shared.

I think part of the reason why we hold onto something so tight for so long is because we fear that something so great will never happen twice.

"DON'T TRY TO ACT CUTE PARK IT'S NOT ING WORKING YOU LOOK LIKE YIXING HYUNG ON DRUGS!"

But Chanyeol insisted to annoy his boyfriend until they got closer to the table,

Kyungsoo just heaved a sigh when it rained eggs and bacon, the cringy sound of the plates and glass breaking into a thousand pieces on the floor.

The three of them fell silent.

Kyungsoo just rolled his eyes, he wanted to tell those two of how ing stupid they are but the two will just tell him that he's bitter.

"Now where do I eat?" Kyungsoo just stated as a matter of fact.

There isn't enough time to cook.

Chanyeol and Baekhyun just pointed each other, blaming each other and throwing daggers.

Kyungsoo sometimes thought that maybe having two childish roommates is really bad since he's the only one that's acting mature. "That's it, I'm leaving."

"But you're not yet eating!" Baekhyun protested, worried.

"I can eat a few snacks on the road." Kyungsoo replied, walking towards the door but Baekhyun held his hand, stopping him to leave. "You get dizzy fast."

"No I don't---"

A loud beep from outside stirred the three from inside. Chanyeol strolled towards the window and suddenly smirked before giving Kyungsoo a wink. "Sehun really found us."

Baekhyun's jaw dropped and Kyungsoo just stared at them looking confused. Baekhyun excitedly went towards the door, opening it.

"OMAFSGHSFGDF OH GAHD SAVE ME MY OTP MY OTP OH NO." Baekhyun giggled, looking at Kyungsoo.

Kyungsoo just stared at them dumbfounded, walking towards the two who seemed to be having a mental breakdown. "What the hell are you both---" He stopped talking right away when he saw a guy from the gate. He was leaning casually on his car, wearing a plain black shirt and shorts. He was wearing his shades and his signature smirk.

No drooling please.

Baekhyun was still giggling. "Hi! Hello Seh-" He waved his hands and seemed more excited but Chanyeol immediately covered his Boyfriend's mouth. "I guess you're not that bad at directions Oh Sehun."

Sehun tilted his head, smiling. "At least not as bad as you Park."

"Good Morning to you too, Oh."

Kyungsoo felt his throat draining. The Blonde haired guy was the Police Officerthat's handling Soo Jung's case and Tao's colleague. Of course Kyungsoo knew him; he was that thin swimmer from highschool. Who knew that the bullied one became feared?

Kidding aside, who the hell would send out their address?

He shrugged; of course, the culprit is just beside him, the two partners in crime.

"Are you just going to stand there Atty. Do?" Sehun called out and Kyungsoo still couldn't answer. He was talking to him? This was their first time talking in personal after a long time and there was no need to be shy because after all it's all work.

"Have you eaten breakfast yet? I know a very good pancake house before we go to work."

Kyungsoo just stared at Sehun. Baekhyun giggled and immediately shouted, "YES! YES HE WILL!" Then he turned to Kyungsoo who's giving him sharp daggers. "OH DON'T ING BE A 90s BOY! THIS IS THE 21ST CENTURY SO GO!" He giggled hard that got Chanyeol palming his face.

Kyungsoo glanced at Police OfficerOh,

Maybe it won't hurt to give it a shot.

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Kim." It was only 6 in the morning when an officer called out from Soo Jung's cell, making the latter turn to him. She stood up, strands of hair blocking hair face. She seemed gloomy maybe because she didn't get much sleep. Soo Jung followed the officer, handcuffed. She exhales, trying to smile. After all, her husband didn't like her frowning that much but up till now, she can't seem to face him with courage although she's genuinely happy to see him.

She goes inside the visiting area of what looked like a small cell with a glass barrier and small holes.

She sits and sighed once again. She tries to compose herself and waited for Jongin to come. Thrice a week, she always sits on this same chair, waiting happily for Jongin's smile but it sometimes made her guilty that instead of taking care of her husband, she's here locked up.

That's why she needed to escape, she needed to get out.

Soo Jung thinks of Kyungsoo, she felt a bit nostalgic about what happened a few years ago. She feels sad of what she did but it was already done. Considering that Kyungsoo didn't love Jongin enough, it was her move to love him.

She smiles inwardly; if Jongin really loved Kyungsoo then he must've chased him. Jongin must've denied her and Jongin must've pushed her away.

But no, Jongin didn't. He didn't do anything at all.

Jongin's heart was only hers.

She thinks that it might be selfish but they're over, Kyungsoo and Jongin are.

And now, she feels a little bit afraid. She trusts Jongin, she did. But she's afraid of what Kyungsoo might do. What if he tells lies and claims back what's rightfully hers? They already tied a knot, she knows it. They made vows and they exchanged it. It was a promise, it was.

She can never let it be broken. 

 

"Jongin?" Soo Jung calls out from behind. Jongin was looking outside of the window, looking really spaced out. Tomorrow was the day of their marriage but Jongin's aura was scaring the hell out of her. It feels like he's thinking so much.

Jongin turns to her with a smile, "Hi babe, go to sleep." He says, engulfing her into an embrace which Soo Jung's happy to return. He caressed her hair but didn't say anything. Soo Jung felt unwanted for a moment, she doesn't know why but she feels like Jongin needed space for a while.

She gives him a quick peck on the lips before walking away, shutting the door. But after a few seconds, she peaked inside and found Jongin speaking alone. He was holding a Jade bracelet.

"Hyung..." She heard him speak, "I made the right choice right?"

"Hyung..." Soo Jung repeats. She thinks over and over again and came up with an answer. No, it can't be.  Why is he mentioning him?

"Kyungsoo...." Jongin calls out again. "Why are you still doing this to me, I chose her over you. I did, I really did." Soo Jung's heart pounded and it made her stiffening. She clenched her fists.

From the sight, Soo Jung's heart was breaking.

Jongin sighs, returning the bracelet from the small cabinet.

 

 

 

 

Soo Jung's heart twitched from that bracelet so much. That sometimes she caught him caressing it, calling out his name. And now, the chance was given, she's scared that Jongin might give her up.

She remembers that there was a time when she almost broke the bracelet but the result was terribly painful. Jongin shouted at her, his eyes were angry. And it pains Soo Jung to think that maybe Jongin still loved the Snow kissed boy.

Her thoughts came into halt when someone entered the room. Jongin's face was replaced by a woman in her late 20s. Her eyes immediately twitched in anger as she clenched her teeth. The woman gave her a huge smirk.

"Won't you say Hello to your mother?" The woman greeted, placing her LV bag on her lap.

"I don't greet snakes." Soo Jung answered; irritation visible in her tone. The woman laughed, "Oh really? Then what does that make you?"

Bull, Soo Jung says inwardly.

"I saw your husband with a boy inside a convenient store, they seemed happy though."

Soo Jung tried to be patient. Her mother really loved making stories up. 

"I really pity Jongin though, he should've married that lawyer if it weren't for you my dear. Jongin deserved a better life," The woman pauses before smirking once again, "And that's not a life with you."

"Do not bring Jongin up here," Soo Jung rolls her eyes in annoyance, "Why are you here?"

"To know how my prettiest and feisty daughter's doing inside her castle. So Soo Jung, I just wanted to ask you a few things that could help your case?"

"Leave, just leave." Soo Jung threatens.

"Can't you just admit to your mother that you're a killer?"

Soo Jung stiffened from the last word, she looked at her straight to the eyes, "We all know what happened, I didn't kill him."

"Then who did?" The woman replied in a mocking tone, "Maybe I did?"

"The truth will show later---" Soo Jung defended herself. The woman crossed her arms, her red lips. 

"And the one who murders will be put behind bars."

"What are you really trying to prove!?" Soo Jung's string of patience got cut off. Her step mom is the last person she would want to see. 

"I'm trying to prove the truth Soo Jung," Then the woman leans in. "And your petty lies covering it ain't much."

"You'll be the one behind these bars." Soo Jung says, her jaws clenching in anger. The woman yet smiled sweetly, "Make sure of that sweetie." Were her last words before a guard walks in, telling them that their time is up.

 

 

--

 

 

"I didn't know that you're such a heavy eater Attorney." Sehun tells the latter who just finished the fifth pancake. Kyungsoo rolled his eyes, "Let's just talk about Soo Jung." He muttered out the sudden purpose of the breakfast.

"You're really workaholic as hell," Sehun gave out a small pout, "It won't hurt to have a good time boss."

"I don't have time for a good time. I don't have time for anything."

"Some will say that you're really boring as hell Do Kyungsoo but I for one think you're pretty great." Sehun mimicked that got Kyungsoo to look down.

"You're such a player, how many girls must've swooned over you."

Sehun scoffed, watching Kyungsoo eat. "There are guys too..."

"I don't care anything about your personal life Police OfficerOh so stop sweet talking me." Kyungsoo deadpanned the Officer.

"You're really interesting as of what Hyung had said. I wonder why he let you go."  Sehun's voice trailed off.

"What?"

"Nothing."

"You said something."

Sehun's face became a mocking one, "Why? Are you intrigued?"

"I shouldn't have eaten pancakes with you." Kyungsoo scrunched his nose and folded his arms on his chest. This guy is acting all close like he knew him so bad and was frustrating him. "We should just talk over phone."

Sehun laughed before getting a small envelop from his side. He was starting to like teasing the boy in front of him. He guessed that Baekhyun was right after all those stories. 

"Well, If Soo Jung's telling the truth that she's been in a set up then, I have someone on my watch that might be a potential enemy."

Kyungsoo's forehead ceased.

"Her name is Kim Hi Yeon, her father's new wife."

"And what does have to do with her?"

"This woman," Sehun leans a bit closer to Kyungsoo who's in front of him, "Have hidden threats and thirsts." Then he showed Kyungsoo the picture that got him choking. It was a definite surprise and his brain tried to fathom on why such important person would do harm for her own bloodline. 

The woman looked like Jongin's sister.

 

 

 

---