9.1

The Last Fight | kaisoo

DON'T GET ME STARTED ON KAIBAEK ABS---

Anyways, Where are you guys from?

!?!?! ß the author created a beautiful heartfelt kaisoo story entitled interrobang using these punctuation marks. How does your brain work im so amazed bye.

;

Kyungsoo stared at the toilet.

He carefully watches how the water flushes down and creates a whirlpool in his wastes and clearing it all out to become new and sheer. He sighed as another thought of what happened yesterday came bugging his thoughts.

He's becoming another emotional again.

Can the past be erased that instant just like how the toilet does every time someone poops in it?

He shrugs at his thoughts and held onto the dextrose stand firmly. He carefully raises his pajamas while biting on his lower lip and mumbling incoherent profanities when his wounds began to ache as he bent down. He sighed once the thought of no one would be here again since they are all busy. The nurse had replaced his stitches as early as three in the morning and told him to get a guardian for him to be not stressed out. The idea of it made Kyungsoo sad.

The notions in his head were screaming for Baekhyun's help but he erased that thought and replaced it with a solemn prayer that Baekhyun would be awake soon. Chanyeol had spent all his time guiding his boyfriend 24/7. Hope doesn't falter on Chanyeol.

Kyungsoo was just so thankful of Chanyeol that he came into Baekhyun's life. Baekhyun has taken care of him whenever someone leaves him or he was in pain. Baekhyun was always there and if only he could guard Baekhyun there with Chanyeol, he would put all efforts.

Kyungsoo wiggled his fingers while twisting the comfort room's doorknob to open, only to be taken aback of what he suddenly saw--- " you scared me!" Kyungsoo almost screamed when he saw Sehun at the edge of his bed peeling oranges for him again. The younger was wearing a black coat and a blue shirt underneath it. His hair looked so disheveled and not brushed by even the slightest.

Sehun gave him a small grin, placing an orange down. "Want me to help you?"

Kyungsoo kept his gawk at Sehun, merely confused. When the prosecutor's words had sunk into his head, he heaved a protest only to not be obeyed. Sehun guided him towards his bed and ordered him to lie down. Hard headed Kyungsoo sat back up and observed Sehun awkwardly.

Sehun continued peeling the orange and matched Kyungsoo's intense stare. "I could tell you only two things Do Kyungsoo," He told the lawyer in a monotone. "Your stares are just raking me and I would either think that you assume that I am so handsome or you're confused on why I am here instead of wandering around."

Kyungsoo shook his head and pointed Sehun's eyes, "You cried?"

Sehun was surprised from Kyungsoo's choice of tone. He averted his gaze finished peeling the orange, the pulp silently squeezing on his fingers.

"You cried didn't you?" Kyungsoo insisted while observing how Sehun's eyelashes press into each other every time he blinks. His eyes are mostly left swollen from crying up till midnight. The effect never dawned on the Officer.

Sehun gave him a glare and arrowed an orange towards his lips. "Open your mouth." He demanded.

"Why?"

"Don't tell me that your brain's broken too?" Sehun tried to pull off a bland joke. "Can't you see that I am feeding you?"

Kyungsoo frowned and slapped his hand away. "I didn't twist my arm okay? I can feed myself so please answer my question."

"Demanding are we?" Sehun kept his dead glare, "Eat and I'll tell you." He shoved his hand again. "And I washed my hand."

Kyungsoo hesitated for at least three times but his mind was taken by the prosecutor's soft side. His lips unconsciously formed into a small pout and the other was quick to notice it. Kyungsoo opened his orifice and accepted the peeled oranges, the soft tangerine melting and bursting inside his mouth, while hearing Sehun speak,

"It's just about my dad."

"Your dad?" Kyungsoo repeated and guessed, "So I can conclude that he was the one you're asking of if you can forgive?" He fixed his position and crossed his legs to be more comfortable. "So did you?"

Sehun doesn't respond and with another frown, that was a clear sign, Kyungsoo let himself to be fed by the Officer.

"I didn't." Sehun sighs, giving Kyungsoo another orange, fingers unconsciously brushing against the lawyer's lips, saliva on its tips. "Everyone deserves a second chance but not to the same mistakes. My father was given more than second chances and he blew it."

"But did you---"

"I did."

Sehun's answer made Kyungsoo go silent.

"Want to ask why?" Sehun intrigued while shoving himself a piece of tangerine. "It's not because he deserves it but because I needed to."

Kyungsoo nudged him, "That can't be the forgiveness! You must be sincere." He opened his mouth, much to Sehun's surprise, demanding for another answer and as well as another orange.

Sehun didn't oblige. "I gave him a second chance to be a father to Lei and be a husband once more to eomma but to me be the same son that he had? It won't happen anymore."

Kyungsoo grew kind of distressed for Sehun's case. "B-But he's your father. It's much more different than other people hurting you---"

"I know. I'm stupid right?" Sehun answered and was about to swallow a piece of orange when Kyungsoo grabbed his arm and fed himself instead. "Then what happened next?"

Sehun smirked from the lawyer's reaction, "This isn't one of your lawsuits Kyungsoo. You're so curious about it." Sehun bit his lower lip, "Wanna be part of my life?"

Kyungsoo rolled both of his eyes and chewed on the oranges in his mouth. "Are you okay then? How about---"

"I'm okay." Sehun replied sheepishly. "I've grown without him. I'm old enough and survived those years of no fatherly love." He scratched his nape and diverted the topic. "Did Minseok hyung stay here for long?"

"Ah," Sehun's mouth formed into an O in which Kyungsoo copies very quickly. "It's the last one."

"Where is Minseok hyung? Why are you alone today? Did everyone leave that early?"

Kyungsoo nearly choked on the orange but he managed to speak, "I-I, they left early. I managed to entertain myself alone."

"Have you seen a patient with no guardian?" Sehun shot back. "Aish. I'm sorry hyung."

Kyungsoo's eyebrows met, "Why are you saying sorry?"

Sehun sighed, wiping his hands with his handkerchief. "Because I wasn't here with you. I should've stayed instead."

"Gibberish." Kyungsoo scrunched his nose and rolled his eyes once again. "I'm just a friend okay? Family is more important."

"Just a friend." Sehun whispered, almost inaudible. "I know but....you carried things your own."

"I am not disabled. I just got a little scratch---"

"And you cried and bled to death because of that little scratch of yours."

Kyungsoo ignored the honesty and instead fiddled with his fingers. Sehun pursed his lips for a moment; his eyes shifted towards the vase of sunflower but new onto his eyes were the tulips. "The sunflower is from Jongin by the way. He stayed here for a night when you got confined." Sehun kept his glimpse at the tulip. "Why are there tulips? Are those from---" Sehun cut his own words and glanced at Kyungsoo who wasn't even giving him a look.

Sehun flicked his tongue. The lawyer used to study a little psychology but he wasn't using any of his tricks to have a better face of in denial.

"Was he here?"

Kyungsoo swallowed but since Sehun's glare was not a big escape, he confessed. "He visited after Minseok hyung."

"Then?"

"Then he sat at the very place you're sitting on."

Sehun glanced on where he was sitting on with disgust, he moved away a bit. "And?"

"Then he stayed and took a deep breath---"

"Do Kyungsoo." Sehun warned.

"Why are you asking so much? We talked then I told him to go home and not bother me."

"What did you talk about?"

Kyungsoo felt that his tongue was getting tangled. He tried to think of an answer but it took him a minute.

"H-He a-asked me to forgive him."

"Bastard." Sehun commented. "Did you?"

Kyungsoo pursed his lips, mind flying somewhere. Sehun scoffed and waited.

Kyungsoo debated if he would tell the answer or not. It's not that he doesn't want to tell, it's just he's afraid of getting judged by the decision he made.

"Okay, don't tell me. I'm a good friend." Sehun's tone wasn't amused. "Was it such a confidential one?" Kyungsoo nodded. "J-Just, not now."

Sehun decided that he should switch the topic again since Kyungsoo wasn't comfortable of it. "Can I hold your hand?" Kyungsoo paused from what he heard. He stuttered answering, "W-What?"

"Can I hold your hand?" The Officerasked once again leaving the lawyer to protest in his mind.

Wait why are you being like this!?

But before Kyungsoo could throw him another question, Sehun had already grabbed his left hand and intertwined it with his. Sehun thought that the elder's scowl was cute. "This time I didn't ually harass you since I asked for permission."

"But I didn't agree."

Sehun looked at Kyungsoo's orbs intently, "Then yank your hand away. Hit me. Slap me all you want, I don't care."

Kyungsoo stared back, his heart suddenly fluttering. His brain told him to ignore what he was suddenly feeling but his own self was betraying him. Sehun wasn't that bad but maybe it's just Kyungsoo's scared.

"Your hands are plump and small." Sehun snorted, amazed from the other's hand. "Baekhyun's hands are long, thin and beautiful."

Kyungsoo tried to yank his hand away but Sehun didn't let him. "Don't try to hold something that you don't think is beautiful."

"I'm joking," Sehun smiles. "But your hand is really small. It's also moist---"

"I swear if you---"

"Grumpy." Sehun remarked, his little happiness being lit into fire. "Don't worry, I like your hands better."

Kyungsoo doesn't answer.

"Can we still be friends? Like real deal friends even after the case. I hope we can meet beyond work, drink wine and eat ramen." Sehun asked, trying to get a grip on what he was trying to imply. "I feel comfortable around you." Sehun murmured and tightened his grip. "I feel like I can tell you anything. I can feel that you're such a great person. I feel that I wanted to protect you."

"I really sound annoying right?" Sehun continued, not helping it but to chuckle on his own words leaving Kyungsoo to choke. "I'm sorry it's just when I am with you, I can't restrain myself to say these cheesy and cliché words."

Kyungsoo can feel the heat of Sehun's palm, engulfing his own cold hand. The spaces being filled with Sehun's presence and it was something comforting rather than awkward.

"Why me?" Kyungsoo bluntly asked after getting a hint. He was lowkey scared that Sehun's answer might be the same as Jongin's.

Sehun felt that it was quite a relief since Kyungsoo was acknowledging what he's feeling. Whether it's the right time or the wrong time, Sehun doesn't want to deny anymore.

"I am not interesting. I am not that attractive. I am not someone you could always mess with. I'm messy. I'm weird and boring. I'm not romantic. I have my own demons. I'm broken Sehun, you cannot fix me."

Sehun meaningfully stared back, "I won't fix you. I think I like you broken."

Kyungsoo felt that he was running off the edge, being taken aback.

"Stop downgrading yourself Kyungsoo. You're definitely not boring or not interesting. You had automatically drawn me in the moment Baekhyun told me to meet you. I'm just so fascinated by you and then I found myself breaking a fall."

"I am not some science experiment Sehun. You can't just be fascinated by me like that. I have my own flaws. You don't know me yet. I am a storm myself. I can love you now and torment you later."

"Says someone who was just played with." Sehun shot back.

"Yes, I am that person. What are you expecting me to do? How sure are you that you're not like him?"

Sehun's eyebrows ceased a clear sign that he was annoyed. "Why do you look at everyone like him? Kyungsoo I am not Jongin."

"Hah." Kyungsoo scoffed and removed his grip from Sehun's.

"I am not demanding for your love Kyungsoo." Sehun clenched his fists. "I just want to like you. I want myself to want you. I want myself to kiss you even though I know that I'm just enjoying these little fantasies of mine. I wanted to take you to places that I know you're fond of. I wanted to love you paid or unrequited. Just do me a small favor and allow me to."

"My heart cannot easily fall Sehun not after those illusions of a lifetime I had once with someone."

"I'm starting to have those illusions with you."

"Sehun I just---" Kyungsoo cut himself off since he might say something he would regret later. "I am that someone who isn't interested in easy and small talks. I am not easily persuaded by saying those magical three words. I am someone who needed proof, loyalty and trust. I am a er for being such a guardian to my own heart. I have these walls that are so high that were also imprisoning me."

"So you think I am easy too?" The idea almost made Sehun scoff a chuckle. "You think I didn't think of this? You think I'm being such a fool now? You think that I don't guard my heart and fall for anyone I just met? How could you think of me that lowly huh?"

"I love in my own way Kyungsoo. I exert efforts because I know that that someone deserves it. I wanted myself to experience how it is to make someone pleased because that someone was making me effortlessly happy. I wanted to know his secrets of how he could make me smile in less than an instant."

"Y-You'll just waste your time and regret. There are other ten thousand of a better version of me."

"I am not Jongin Kyungsoo," Sehun tried to make the elder understand. "Is Chanyeol, Jongin? Is Jongdae like Jongin? Was your teacher in high school like Jongin? Stop treating everyone as if they're a heartbreaker. If it isn't meant to be then it's not. If you get broken and hurt then chose to stand back up again. You what Kyungsoo? You're strong when it comes to other people but to yourself? I couldn't say the same thing. Don't you want to be happy again? Don't you want to try again?"

"You said you're not going to demand---"

"I'm not." Sehun defended. "I'm just knocking your senses out and saying that I want you to be happy because you're the person who deserves it so much. I don't mind if it's not me or what. I just want to be by your side."

Kyungsoo was startled by Sehun's choice of words. "B-But you'll get hurt. If I hurt you, I hurt myself too. I don't want to be much of a burden just because someone loves me."

"You only think of that because you don't love that someone back." Sehun shook his head. "Don't care about me. Let me waste my time for you."

"I know but---"

"It's called Risk, Kyungsoo." Sehun tried to fathom the elder's feelings. "When you risk, you're always uncertain but either ways, you get the answers you want. Bad or not, a risk will always make you fall down into a pit."

Kyungsoo looked down as Sehun stood up but he automatically returned his eyes towards Sehun when the taller tapped his shoulder. "Don't be awkward. I hate it."

Kyungsoo relieved himself by hitting Sehun's broad shoulders. "You're the one who brought the topic up!"

Sehun grinned. "Do you want to eat ramen? I could buy downstairs."

How could you always switch topics? Kyungsoo asked himself with disbelief.

--

 

Night had fallen.

The hospital was still operating, busy and noisy but it was not compared of what's happening in Kyungsoo's room. It was dread quiet after Chanyeol left. Only a lava lamp illuminating through the whole room.

Kyungsoo shifted to his right and caught a glimpse of the sleeping prosecutor by the couch. He was lying straight with hands on his abdomen, like a corpse.

Kyungsoo smiled silently. Sehun's words embarking in his head again.

Why was he just so hardheaded?

"Risk?" Kyungsoo murmured while staring at Sehun. Eyes finding comfort and a contort of pain. "Oh Sehun," He called out completely oblivious of the surroundings. "I am such a busy person. I am whiny. I'm such a shot gun and I am that someone who is always finding myself to be surrounded by solitude." He breathes out. "But if you can find that special connection between us, I swear to the ends of the earth, that I'll fall harder for you and drown myself in your scent."

"Keep calling my name Sehun." Kyungsoo closed his eyes. "I like it so much."

--