10:

The Last Fight | kaisoo

 

THIS HAS A PHOTO AND IT WON'T UPLOAD IM SUING GOOGLE FOR THIS. I CAN ONLY GIVE YOU THE PHOTO OF THE JADE BRACELET. so if you wanted the whole photo that Jongin saw in the later chapter, feel free to comment down, mention me at twt:[email protected] or message me here on aff. 

Ending this Story is the second hardest part for me after the development and court scenes. I have to end it since July is when school starts TTT

I know many wouldn’t like the ending or maybe will be passive but this is the only thing that popped into my head after the story’s flow. I will try to trigger your emotions in any way so PLEASE especially Silent readers and those who kept on commenting, please do give me one last long comment or any form of comment regarding how the story flowed and triggered us.

I still have FURTHERMORE announcements so it’s not yet a 100% goodbye.

To those readers who stayed, this is for the fandom and you.

 

;

The Last Chapter

;;

 

“Where’s Kyungsoo?” Jongin asks Tao who also gave Krystal a hug before tapping her shoulder, ordering her that it’s time to go back now. Krystal also looks at Tao with a confused look. He shook his head, “I saw him making an exit. Besides Soo Jung, you’ll still see him tomorrow at the—“ Tao didn’t finish answering when Jongin already  shot Krystal a glance, she felt like it was a permission. She stifled an amused laugh from her husband’s reaction. She shook her head and her eyes darted towards the exit. “You don’t have to even ask,” Jongin nods. “Go.” Soo Jung knew that Jongin wanted to get a grip of the lawyer. No seconds wasted, Krystal watches how her husband breathlessly tries to find Do Kyungsoo.

She just smiles.

“Huang, bring Jung Soo Jung back now. There are a few media outside; we’ve got to restrain them.” Junmyeon informed Tao with another young police, Jeon Jungkook, strolling beside him. Tao nods and proceeds to Soo Jung, holding both of her shoulders and pushes her gently forward.

Soo Jung doesn’t protest like how she does or lazily walks with the officer and these things were new to Tao.

“I’m glad that your case is done.” Tao said, walking forward.  

Soo Jung huffs a breath to fix her bangs. “I’m happy that a lot of things are fixed.”

“Huh?”

“What I meant is that,” Her feet continuously drag her towards the back exit, still wearing a big beam. “There are things that I doubted to be repaired but looking at it now? All I can just say is that I’m pleased.” Tao noticed her bliss, making him infected by the jovial expressions.

“Well, we are all fools Soo Jung. There are unexpected things in life and prepared or not, it changes us.”

Soo Jung nods from Tao’s advice. They caught sight of the warm sunlight from outside. There are already a few police lining and a few reporters which she bothered the most. Tao slightly nudges her handcuffs. The humid air hits her face as she mounted the police vehicle. Her eyes are just focused on her wrists and don’t even glance back at the court. She rethinks everything that had happened which triggered her from the inside, the sudden revelations, appearance and shocks of insomnias. It has been a month since she was locked away and from the isolation of her freedom, she was able to breathe freely when Kyungsoo appeared.

She knew that a trouble may arose especially in unsettled romances like Jongin’s and Kyungsoo’s while she’s still trapped inside jail. But despite the hesitations, she just murmurs a few self reassurances and trusted that whatever happens, she wanted it to be fair. She remembers the time where she almost freed her husband, making him chose to be fair.

 As time goes by, her worries became more and more lessened from Kyungsoo’s warm heart. That’s where she reflected her every wrong, Maybe there are still bad decisions disguised as a reason since we are just scared to find out that we did a horrible mistake and was asked to stand it.

 Do Kyungsoo was someone worth of Jongin’s love. She admits that she can’t give up Jongin especially now but she was hoping that even though roses have thorns, Jongin and Kyungsoo will be both fine.

She sits on the same police car she was at first, protesting and afraid but now, Jung Soo Jung casually accepts her weight and waited for another day.

Earlier, Kyungsoo accepts his own fate. He made a walk towards the exit, never even looking back but at the same times, no regrets are blossoming inside his heart. He feels a bit lightheaded but there was still a tinge of weight lingering inside his chest.

He knew what to do.

Kyungsoo nibbles his lower lip, his eyes are getting hot from the upcoming and pinching tears so he stops at the middle of the empty hallway for a moment.

“I-I did it.” He clutched his fingers against his chest, swallowing a huge lump inside his throat. He clearly remembers everything even down to the last detail. Kim Jongin is now another man whom he’d grown up and learned with and little by little, he is the man whom he is growing out of love that had once brought him happiness. His heart was so vulnerable and exposed with Jongin that he gave all what he can, not bothering himself—making him hold on for so long.

Everything snapped now.

“Kyungsoo!”

A voice coming from the other end of the hallway almost made the lawyer jump in surprise. Do Kyungsoo whips his head from the familiarity and sensed a crying shoulder. Sehun saw that his face was still soft, tinged with sadness. He is still that boy who’s fragile even though he stood sturdy inside the courtroom. Seeing him so optimistic was a very rare scene.

Kyungsoo opened his mouth for words but nothing came past his trembling lips. Sehun doesn’t waste any moment and ran up to him, enveloping the lawyer using his arms. He made Kyungsoo burry his tear stained face on his expensive white polo. He doesn’t care now, what he wanted was to comfort the lawyer, to let it all out.

“I came here to chase you for a congratulations but I think I did a pretty good timing.’ Sehun supposed, hearing nothing but sobs from Kyungsoo. The lawyer doesn’t answer so Sehun kept on blabbering. He doesn’t know how he’ll cheer him up but he only knows that he wanted to stay like this for an infinite amount of time.

He liked the idea of Kyungsoo to longing for him as much as he does but he needed to not rush. Sehun wanted Kyungsoo to pick himself up first. He also wanted to be sure of his feelings since he doesn’t want to hurt Kyungsoo again. He doesn’t deserve that.

“Cry it all on, just don’t sneeze please.” Sehun reminds, tapping Kyungsoo’s back gently. “I don’t know what even happened but all I just think is that you’re unhappy.” Sehun can smell his lemon-orange scented hair. “You should stop crying now and have a good time with all that money you’re going to earn. You are seriously just wasting your damn youth you know?”

Kyungsoo wiped his tears away, eating all his sobs to make himself stable. He feels a lot of better now. Sehun’s expanse chest was indeed a good handkerchief which was also the first time that he loved his height since he’s just right for the Officer’s warmth.

Sehun releases him from the hug. He studies Kyungsoo’s face and chuckled on how red he is. “You okay now?”

“Am I really worth a laugh?” Kyungsoo asked innocently, blinking a few times.

“Whoa Kim Jongin should seriously see this, whoa. Look how that biting and intimidating lawyer can burst into tears just by—“ Kyungsoo ended Sehun’s mockery with a kick on his right knee. The Officer groaned but he was liking it that the joke was starting to not affect Kyungsoo that much.

Kyungsoo was starting to get Jongin out of his system or maybe, continuing.

Sehun’s right arm rested on Kyungsoo’s shoulder naturally, urging him to walk. “So Attorney Do, can we be friends now?”

“Is that why you’re here?”

“You promised!” Sehun whined.

“Don’t trust promises.” Kyungsoo reminded as they walk the opposite direction—towards the exit. “Besides, I’m letting you hold me like this so shut up.”

Sehun kept up with his pace, smiling. “So are we uh, kind of Friends with Benefits?”

It wasn’t till later when Sehun received another kick which earned a small chortle from Kyungsoo. He decided to pick what words to say but if physical abuse could get Kyungsoo into comfort, he’d rather take the torture.

Kim Jongin only watches from afar, both of his hands inside his pocket. He heard and saw everything perfectly. He gazed from afar until the Officer and the Attorney’s back disappears from his sight. Recalling his past few conversations with Sehun, Jongin can only do is to let go and nod. He can still hear Sehun’s voice, Seriously Kim Jongin, I cannot guarantee that Kyungsoo will never be hurt with me as I am just a man too. But don’t worry, the only difference we have is that I make sure not to rush.

“You better do.” Jongin whispers, barely audible. “Don’t do the same thing I did. Keep him away from pain, make him laugh Oh Sehun and—“ He plasters a reassuring grin. Tell him not to be afraid anymore. Life is created unsure; he must learn that sometimes, taking risks more than playing safe is the best thing to do.

He heaved a deep sigh but he suddenly evoked that there is still one last thing he needed to settle with Kyungsoo.

---

The next phase of the trial came the next day and Kim Hi Yeon was immediately arrested after series of evidences and a police warranty. Junmyeon cuffs her while she cries pleads that she wasn’t involved. Soo Jung’s father, Wang Suk and Jessica Jung only watched her with disgust. Hi Yeon was a madman. She was a rebel driven by so much selfishness that she even tear her own identity from her first family and she tried to do the same with the Jungs.

Yoona was no different.

Taemin calls the police after Myungsoo outlined more of the possibility of the murder which fueled Yoona’s sudden confession at the court. Police gathered around Sir Lee’s house once again as the news spread. Crime isn’t just committed by strangers, that even family members can taint their hands with their relative’s own blood.

Jiseok silently watches how Jungkook puts a handcuff around her wrist in which she doesn’t comply. He ordered her to walk out but she begged for the last time was the warmth of her cousin.

Jungkook gave her a few seconds and Yoona kneeled and guiltily stared at Jiseok. Tears are hot at the edge of her eyes as she enveloped him for a hug that Jiseok doesn’t return. “I’m so s-sorry, I’m sorry Seokkie. I-I’m sorry.” Her tone gets high pitched due the heaviness inside her heart. “N-Noona’s wrong. I-I’m so sorry Jiseok.”

Jiseok bit his lower lip as he was crying too. He was just so utterly confused of everything. He’s still a kid and everything that happens comes in a big blur in which he doesn’t understand. All he knows is that his father is killed and his noona is now crying in front of him.

“Y-You said you’d t-try right?” Yoona mumbled—meaning his forgiveness. “I-I’ll wait for t-the right time.”

Jungkook taps her shoulder signaling that it was already time. Yoona stood up, the guilt was skinning her strength to even stand up. With one last glance at Taemin and Jiseok, Im Yoona stops protesting.

The seat inside the police car was truly torturing. She couldn’t find any comfort and it dawned on her what Soo Jung must’ve felt after all those days of being framed up. She felt so sorry for herself and just wished that she wasn’t blinded for that anger.

Kim Myungsoo entered the Police car’s passenger seat and checked Yoona. “Kim Hi Yeon is also at the station now.”

That gave her so much relief.

“D-Detective?” She calls out as the engines started, taking her to a place that she’d never wanted to step in. “A-about that accused r-robbery case with B-Byun Baekhyun and Do Kyungsoo—“

Myungsoo gave her a suspicious glare.

“I’d like to give a word on that.”

---

Jongin only got himself a few hours.

He takes the risk on locating Kyungsoo even if it meant stopping by Baekhyun’s apartment—being startled by Chanyeol bathing Baekhyun outside and by the fact that he needed to beg the two to tell him where Do Kyungsoo was at that time.

“He’s at the new restaurant at Busan. I don’t know where that was but it’s near the beach.” Chanyeol answered, wiping the bubbles off Baekhyun’s clothed body. Baekhyun sighs, “Yah Park Chanyeol, when are you going to take me there huh? Seriously!”

Jongin mumbled a small Thank You before closing the gate, still hearing Baekhyun’s protests to Chanyeol. “When are you going to date me again? I swear I just got a head injury and it wasn’t even that deep! Stop treating me like I lost a leg Chanyeol! You need to ing feed me!”

Chanyeol smirks, “Feed ey?”

-

Jongin rushed back to his house. He mindlessly and hastily opens a few cabinets and tried to find something that he has kept all those years. That one thing that was Kyungsoo’s.

He searches at every corner of the room. His hopes didn’t falter even though he’s thinking that what if Krystal threw it away?

No, darn it no.

His hands were still cupping every corner, brushing against a few papers, accessories and make ups. “Where is it?” He desperately murmured. He was already getting impatient but he carries on. He came close with another set of boxes from a drawer and he found a small and old looking box.

Jongin gasps in relief from what he saw.

It was still how he left it.

It was a small box that he remembered was built seven years ago. It was crafted by his very own hands and Kyungsoo’s. They made it out of small jagged sticks, popsicle sticks and a lot of oslo paper. Jongin went nostalgic because of the box.

 

“You’re a goddamn aspiring engineer and we are starting with a ing box!? Why not start a small house and I’ll help you with measurements.” Jongin can still remember how Kyungsoo’s annoyed voice passes through his ears. Even though the older’s nagging, he can’t always help it but to think that Kyungsoo’s being cute.

“You are so spoiled by me.” His old self answers and gathered all the things that they needed and compiled it, making instructions. “Don’t worry hyung, this box will last. We will make it last and let’s fill it with our memories.

Jongin gently caressed the surface of the box. He opened it slowly and he found small pieces of the once sweet past. His picture that Kyungsoo once laughed so much. Jongin looked like a cat that has just recently woken up. Jongin was doing a double peace sign pose and Kyungsoo’s hilarious laugh can still be heard as he scanned the picture.

“It’s not fair that I’m the only one being laughed at!” Jongin protests and with a devilish grin, he brought out a Kyungsoo picture.

“ where did you get that!?” Kyungsoo’s eyes raged in shock and embarrassment. It was a picture of him Byun Baehyun took after he lost a bet once. He looked so haggard and his hair was tied up.

However, Jongin doesn’t laugh and instead stared at the picture more. He doesn’t know but he just cannot laugh. “You look like a coconut.” Kyungsoo rolled both of his eyes. “A beautiful coconut.”

Kyungsoo blushes more and he wasn’t safe from his hitting.

There were also collages of pictures of their very first date up to their first anniversary. Kyungsoo was always the one initiating for the memories. Kim Jongin doesn’t protest and instead even made wacky faces.

There’s the last two pictures in which Jongin’s melancholic the most. Kyungsoo was holding the very puppy that Jongin gave him on their second anniversary. It was a white pomerian puppy. Kyungsoo named it ‘Poo’ instead of Jongin’s suggested name, ‘pororo’

 

“Poo? What the Do Kyungsoo!?”

Kyungsoo shrugs his boyfriend’s nosiness. “Shut up! Don’t you dare cuss in front of poo! He’s too young—“

“But why poo huh Soo? Look how I’ll call him, Poo~ come here poo~” Jongin made funny sounds and imitated how Kyungsoo can possibly call the innocent dog. “Seriously, it feels like I’m calling my own feces. Plus, he’s color white! Atleast add a ‘h’ to the name babe.”

“Go away you son of a , poo doesn’t like you.”

And with that Kyungsoo closes the very door of Jongin’s first apartment leaving the latter to knock and scream despereately outside even though he asked for forgiveness, Kyungsoo’s only answer was “Stop knocking! I’m teaching poo on how to talk and forgive basic s like you!”

 

Lastly, Jongin takes a glance at the jade bracelet that his sister Hi Yeon gave him once. He remembers her words to give the bracelet to the most important person—and that was Kyungsoo that time.

There was even a small ragged picture taken by Kyungsoo while wearing the bracelet. There are a few fading scribbles at the back, Kim Jongin this is just too big for me idiot. Oh God, what If this falls off? But thank you!

He remembers that Kyungsoo was hesitantly shy at the party to Thank him for that so his boyfriend sent him a small picture through Chanyeol.

He lifts up the small jade bracelet and rubbed the surface. It still felt so smooth and beautiful although it was just so fragile.

Jongin returns everything inside the box and closed it. This stuff was needed to not be present with him anymore even if he’s sure that he will remember all by heart. It was up to Kyungsoo to burn them or what. Especially the Jade bracelet. It was even meant for Kyungsoo and Kyungsoo’s wrist only. Jongin also searches for a small blue sticky note and with a few pushes, he was able to write a few words. The pen was helped by his emotions to jot down what he wanted to say.

A Thank you and a sorry were just too overrated so he thought of something else.

He packs up the box and runs down the stairs, aiming for his car.

--

Kim Jongin kept glancing at his car’s GPS, looking if he got it right. Thankfully, there is no heavy traffic in Busan when he got there unlike how Kyungsoo and Sehun dealt with it earlier. He was speeding up to lessen the two and a half hours of travel.

The restaurant Baekhyun was talking about was also a miniature resort. According to Baekhyun, Sehun went with Kyungsoo to settle up with Sehun’s new case and Kyungsoo was the recommended attorney. The smurf also mentioned about Sehun’s plans of treating Kyungsoo once they got the deal.

-

Kyungsoo knew that his job was pretty tiring. He just doesn’t know why he can’t bring himself to deny things like this. The supposed case was a divorce one but the only problem was the wife was murdered and the man denied it that it was his fault.

“The pay is really pricey.” Sehun tells Kyungsoo who’s fumbling with his seatbelt. The lawyer doesn’t protest and instead accepted his perseverance. “The trial will start after two months away though. I still have time to shut Kim Hi Yeon in Jail for what happened to Baekhyun.”

Sehun nods and started the engine, “You were hurt too though.”

Kyungsoo sighs, “Are you really considering Junmyeon hyung's proposal that you’ll transfer at the Busan branch?”

Sehun shrugs the sudden change of Kyungsoo’s mood, “Don’t miss me too much.”

Kyungsoo admits that the loss of Sehun bugging him will feel too new. “Don’t be so confident. You’re not a chick.”

“Ouch,” Sehun gestured like he was stabbed in the heart making Kyungsoo fake a scoff. The engines started and Kyungsoo requests for the window to be open. Sehun doesn’t oblige and replied, “That’s why I am treating you to the new restaurant my cousin has started. You can always go there and remember me.”

“I’ll remember the food and not you.” Kyungsoo teased, restraining a smile.

“But I’ll pay for the food.”

“Then I can remember how much the bill’s worth and not you.”

“Enough with the cheap jokes Do Kyungsoo, it’s making me wanting to shut you up the Yoo Si Jin way.”

Kyungsoo’s smile faded and it was replaced by a death glare, “Don’t you dare.” He emphasized and Sehun just chuckled, One point revenge for Oh sehun!

--

The warm summer breeze heated up Jongin’s skin making him flinch. He scrunched his nose as he kept on walking to his final destination. The restaurant appeared to be made of all wood; it had a small but accommodating staircase for access. It looked like a small dock beside the ocean. Jongin climbs the stairs, his eyes gazing at the beautiful sunset, the sky painted with in different shades of orange, yellow, sky blue, violet and red. The view was too eye catching that he almost tripped a step.

The moment he opened up the door, the fresh scent of newly cooked sea food cuisine made his mouth water. He heaved a sigh, locating the perfect place to seek out his stomach’s little request.

He scans the place, hoping the he can’t be easily seen by his target. The ambiance was welcoming. There was also a small stage inside, signifying that a band will play. The guitarist was already setting things up and they looked a bit familiar. He tightly clutches the small box and lowkey anticipates.

A waiter approaches him, “Table for how many sir?”

Jongin politely declined, eyes still wandering. His breath hitched when his gaze fell on two bickering people nearby.

Jongin saw the couple from faraway and his eyes never left his former lover. He never thought that Kyungsoo would still smile that way. The last time he saw him smile like that was 4 years ago, when he, himself, surprised his hyung with his favorite dish that he earned so many cuts from it.

The boy on the left was busy reading something but the other taller one was distracting him by making funny faces. He recognizes them easily and a tinge of heaviness dawned on him but it only lasted for a second.

That genuine smile of Kyungsoo will never falter from Jongin’s memory.

Kim Jongin slowly averts his gaze and walked a step but then he stops, he doesn’t want to ruin the moment.

It’s been a while since Kyungsoo smiled like that and he’ll show up and make his eyes watery again?

He abandoned his plan and talked to the waiter beside him, giving instructions. The waiter courteously accepts Jongin’s request and Kim Jongin gave Do Kyungsoo one last glance. 

Stop looking for ‘Always’ hyung, replace it with ‘just be here’

Jongin whips his body around, aiming for the exit. And that’s how he walked out of the latter’s life.

 

 

Kyungsoo felt that there was someone looking at him so he gave himself a few head turns. Sehun notices this. “Why? Are there mosquitoes?”

Kyungsoo flicked his tongue, “Of course not. I-I just feel, I don’t know.” He scratches his nape. Sehun was about to answer but the lead guitarist already stole his chance.

“Good Afternoon! It’s a great day right?” The man lets out a soft chuckle that Jongin can still hear his voice even if he was still stepping down the stairs. “Let our music serenade everyone who’s feeling all sorts of emotions now. We will do a short cover of Extreme’s More than Words. I hope everyone enjoys!”

That was the waiter’s cue.

Kyungsoo gave Sehun a what look and he gets a bit awkward from the love song that will get played. Sehun shrugged him off with a whiff of whine, telling him to just be comfortable.

“Are you Do Kyungsoo?” The waiter bends down to ask the lawyer. The startled boy examines the waiter and Sehun also became alarmed.

 

The music starts playing.

 

“There’s just someone wanting to give this to you.” The waiter gave him the box and Kyungsoo nearly gasps from the familiarity. “W-Where is the sender?”

The waiter only smiles and bows.

Sehun curiously observed the box. “What’s that?”

With Kyungsoo not answering, Sehun gets a hint. He painted a small grin towards the latter, “I think you need some time.” Kyungsoo gazes at Sehun. “Go.”

Kyungsoo can feel himself smile while he stood up and hurried to the exit. He whips his head around, maybe wanting to see Jongin from somewhere but he doesn’t find him anymore.

Sand coats Kyungsoo’s shoes but he doesn’t bother.

“Jongin.” He murmurs, vision flying everywhere but his expectations are broken.

That’s when he gets a glimpse of the ocean.

Do it.

He unhurriedly tottered towards the ocean, a heartbeat dropping from the box’s contents. He gawks at the pictures, recalling and fumbling with it but what caught his sight was the Jade bracelet.

He shakily caresses the bracelet, sensing ease and intimacy left with it.

Do Kyungsoo looks up to the ocean, the afternoon rays hitting his body, telling him that it was time.

Kyungsoo spots a blue paper from the back. He takes it out, making his heart race from the string of words on it. He likely expected Jongin to give him a longer one since he was a man of confined thoughts. His handwritten was still too messy like it was before but it was too perfect that his heart breaks a little but also at the same time, he unconsciously smiled.

 

 

Think of these as just light memories that we can throw away. That we can turn away without too much pain. A love that wasn’t ours was just too deep and it only brought a sad ending. If we’re born again, I really hope that you can be happier. Just be true to your heart hyung because you deserve to be happy and you’re the person who’s worth the love and time so much.

I will always be proud of you. 

-J

 

 

God how that made Kyungsoo tear up easily. The message was just right to send him drowning in all sorts of emotions. It made him go through and review his pain and Jongin’s love. Maybe he was right. Things cannot always go as we expect them to be.

With that, returned the letter back inside the box and gathered strength. He huffs one final sigh before he stretches his arm, shouting a, “Thank You Kim Jongin!”

Before the box slips away from his hands, carried away by the wind and the fragile box dropped on the ocean, a few meters away from him. All that he hopes now is just for the box to never wash away to the shore or if it does, Kyungsoo would let it be.

Jongin stopped from his tracks, he felt himself having an instinct to smile. There was something pulling him to look back but he hesitated and instead just whispered,

Thank you too.

Kyungsoo was catching his breath; it felt too good to release something that’s always been bothering you. He’s happy that he’s making things right this time, that the one he loved is telling him that he should be happier than him. He still hoped the best for Jongin that they would be both contented and smile a lot because of the persons that they chose to complete them and it’s not one another.

Maybe they just filled each other’s parts, puzzles and holes for only a short amount of time but they weren’t really fitted.

Maybe in the alternate universe, things would never go this way. Maybe Jongin still found his way back home to Kyungsoo’s arms and that they were spending a lazy afternoon on a worn out couch, watching a movie.

Maybe there was still a split of time wherein Kyungsoo would take Jongin’s hands again, dance away with the bonfire.

Kyungsoo gazed at the horizon.

All of the maybes.

True of what they say that everything happens for a reason. Whatever tragedy it might be, you will always come out the stronger one, the wiser one. Because despite everything, every tears, every broken smiles and realizations,

Kyungsoo found the true reason of his last fight.

--

 

FIN

I HOPE YOU COMMENT BECAUSE YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW MANY SAD SONGS I’M LISTENING TO JUST CREATE THIS CHAPTER AND EVEN MY MAID THOUGHT THAT I WAS BROKEN HEARTED OF SOMETHING lol tragic