9.2

The Last Fight | kaisoo

kaistal broke up and sment ruined friendship for a scandal. 

Pps: I've read baekyeolangst's latest chapter of E4SE and it broke my heart and urged me to update. Chanyeol's such a er there but I love the pain. Her writing is so superb, why is the angst there hurting so much? And! Exobubz's chanbaek ff, Not Intended! How does she create a comedic, romantic fluff without it being all cheesy? Teach me ur ways senpai.

;;

 

You cannot lose this Im Yoona, gather yourself. You're being surrounded.

Yoona reminds herself of what she has done. Many things are haunting her now and it was making her head throb from so much worry and guilt. She sits far away from her desk, clutching her knees together and embracing it using her arms. She tightly held onto her phone like it was her only portal for being sane. She's about to go crazy about the sudden twist of events.

What would she do now?

She knows that she cannot have Kyungsoo killed again. After hearing a few minor details of what happened, she thought it was just a threat but seeing at how things are now, the worst side of her jus wished that he should've just died. Her conscience gave up on the devils. Every taunt was getting her insane and reflected about what she promised to her dying mother. She cannot lay a finger or tell an order anymore after all, there would always be a queasy hole in every plan.

Her scruples were biting her and everything was falling from her eyes. It was just because of jealousy, selfishness and underworld. That's why she committed it and gladly submitted in without looking at the consequences. She lost four days of sleep as she kept thinking and thinking. A fake smile plastered on her face whenever she goes out to meet the world.

She felt so condemned that she wanted to cry hard. No one is there for her. Her mother was gone, taemin's having suspicions and her friends are far too busy to accompany her. What she has are those silent but deadly whispers that are lingering around her head every time she closes her eyes. It soothes her to listen to them but it also taints her heart more.

"Find a way to cover this up! We cannot have Do Kyungsoo bring this trial to an end!" Hi Yeon was infuriated as she answers Yoona's call of help after receiving the news that Kyungsoo was still alive.

Yoona shifts from her position and hugs herself even more. "T-Then what are we going to do huh? We can't cover this up forever!"

Hi Yeon palmed her face from all the bulls that she was hearing. Her mind was getting blank from all the thoughts that if Yoona confesses, she would also be broken. Everything that she had planned for her life would be a mess. She will be caught up behind the bars for all she knows. "Do you want to go to jail? Do you want Jiseok and all your friends to hate you of what you've done!? You can't back out now! We talked about this Yoona; you cannot undo this and just give up because of that goddamned guilt! Be---"

Yoona was all frustrated that she threw her phone away and massaged her temple. She was ready to explode from all the pressure that she's receiving. She thought that things would get their way as it was in the first few days but when that lawyer entered the scene, a doubt on her was being raised.

You cannot pray to your God Yoona, in the court, the judge is your God.

"What would I do? What would I do? Please..." Yoona's tears began streaming down her cheeks. Those tears felt like an endless flow of needles, torturing her emotions. She doesn't want to pay for her crime but she also doesn't know how to fly away from it. She wiped her tears but they kept flowing down as the world turns against her.

She couldn't even stare at her hands because every time she does, she's beginning to reminisce of those days where her pride and anger was at its best state.

Meanwhile Hi Yeon kicked and threw everything within her reach. She called someone's number and asked certain information. "Are you sure that no one saw you? You're clean? Because I ing swear---"

"Calm down dear," The man replied and smirks at the other line. He fidgets the cigarette that he's holding and blew a visible trail of monochromatic ghosts from his lips. "They can threw all the suspicions they can but I tell you, that---"

"Make sure of it," Hi Yeon retorted and gritted her teeth. "Make sure of that!" Then off goes her phone and as well as she collapses down with a cry of anxiety.

---

"I'm sure of it."

"You don't remember anything at all? Like his face?" Tao interrogates the lawyer who had his arse laying flat on the white velvet mattress. Kyungsoo nodded and Tao scribbles something over his notes. "He was wearing a mask, a basic crooked thingy. That's all. I—uh maybe he was taller than me and quite bulky?"

"Maybe Baekhyun knows something." Sehun squeezes inside the interrogation and arrowed Tao a plate of watermelons and oranges. Tao scratched his nape, picked a watermelon and ravished it like a picky eater. "You both like oranges don't you?"

Sehun hesitates while Kyungsoo only sighs.

"Don't force Baek by the way," Kyungsoo softly answers and gestured Sehun to come close to him. The Officershoves the plate towards him and the happy lawyer doesn't comply, eyes simply feasting. "I don't want to force him especially at his state right now."

"Oh yeah, Byun Baekhyun." Tao recognizes Baekhyun and writes something on his notes again. "When is that boy going to wake up?"

"Like we know when." It was only a one sided joke since Kyungsoo heard it rather a sarcastic remark than a joke. With that, Kyungsoo was urged to throw the whole plate of fruits towards the Officer's back. The taller yelped and gave Kyungsoo a what-did-i-do-seriously-that-hurt-kyungsoo-oh--the-fruits look. Kyungsoo rolled his eyes while fixing his bangs that are bugging his vision.

"Don't force Baek, please. You can hold the case for a while and proceed if Baekhyun's awake."

Tao clicks his pen, "Sure thing Soo." He shoved his hands inside his leather jacket. "But what about Soo Jung's case. Can you still continue it?"

The latter looked down and forced a smile. "I can still win it Tao. My mind's a mighty cabinet; I still have what the judge needs." Reminds me that I have to go back to the pharmacy with a picture of Im Yoona and double check every detail.

Being convinced with the lawyer's answer, "The court is asking me about it though. They said that if the trial can't be processed this week then it will be moved next month. So what can I—"

"I'll do it after three days." Kyungsoo confidently remarked that got Sehun choking on a piece of orange that he picked on the floor, telling himself that five seconds have not yet passed. He glowered at Kyungsoo with a questioning look. "Are you insane? What about your—"

"As I said I am not handicapped." The lawyer strongly answers. "Can't you understand Sehun? I want this over. I want this to be finished and packed up. I—I just want to rest..." Kyungsoo's voice trailed off as he says the last five words. Tao nods in alliance while Sehun couldn't help it but to heave a long exasperated breath.

Breaking the silence that was formed, Tao clapped his hands. "Take a break Kyungsoo. We all know that this case was a long journey for you." Tao grins. "At least let Junmyeon and I inspect a bit of your apartment once more. But are you okay to go back there if ever you're discharged?"

Kyungsoo stops.

He closed his eyes as he exhales.

 

 

 

"Kyungsoo, Run!"

"Call for help!"

 

 

 

He doesn't answer that got Sehun barging in like a knight to come and rescue that bluffing damsel. "Okay, you heard him right Zitao? We'll see you on the court after three days like the old times." Sehun began pushing the protesting police out of the door. The quirky Officerwaved a rushed goodbye then shut the door against Tao's face.

He goes back to Kyungsoo, grabbed a stool and sat in front of the lawyer. "Soo, can you stay there now? I-I mean, I know it's a unfolded horror but it's still your--" Sehun knows that Kyungsoo was completely traumatized by what happened but Chanyeol's strongly going in and out of the apartment even if there are investigations, still Sehun cannot judge what Kyungsoo had witnessed.

Kyungsoo stops thinking and turned to Sehun. The younger's worried face erasing all his worries away. "Can you be a knight and do me a favor?"

Sehun wrinkled his forehead. "Wait, don't tell me—"

"Let me stay with you."

--

Sehun doesn't want to conclude that these were the happiest days of his life. It was surely a slice of it but seeing Kyungsoo's disturbance about the case, baekhyun, the apartment and what happened to them wasn't making him smile. After the conversation, Kyungsoo urged Sehun to persuade the nurse to let him check out of the hospital since it had been three days. The nurses were at protest but at the end, he won over by a few winks and reassurance that he can take care of the scathed boy.

The very same day, Kyungsoo moved in with nothing in his possession rather than clothes. Sehun assisted him towards his bedroom and told Kyungsoo that he'll just stay on the couch. Kyungsoo mocks a grin and tells the Officerthat he prefers if they sleep on the same bed. Sehun inwardly cursed of whatever was happening because he might not control himself in the middle of sleepless nights—not to have but to cuddle Kyungsoo up and place a protective arm.

Kyungsoo stirs up Sehun's daydream by saying, "Don't you dare ual harass me or wrap an arm around my waist. I've got a stitch here you imbecile."

Sehun looked away and helped Kyungsoo to lie down on bed. The lawyer ordered him to get a few garments, his folders and his laptop. Sehun gladly takes the offer and went back home on a six in the evening.

Kyungsoo lets his finger ran down his phone as he type a reply towards Detective Kim about the lawsuit. A free hand roams around the nearest table and grabbed a piece of tangerine—that melted in his mouth later on.

Since the door was open and Sehun, from time to time, glances at Kyungsoo to make sure if the older was okay or if needed any help. It wasn't like he was overreacting but these turn of upshots are just too overwhelming to see. The rest of the days, Sehun announced to Kyungsoo that he was going to be a personal nurse but Kyungsoo had spoken bluntly to him saying that he doesn't need to be desperate.

Sehun's phone vibrates and he easily checks it—only to withdraw his eyes from the text that his father sent. He swiped the screen down to erase the message and preceded observing Kyungsoo. He was contantly glancing every minute that he could write all the cheesy broken poetries or maybe even a thesis about the Lawyer's attitude. After a few minutes of silent curses of how serious Kyungsoo is (which Sehun sees as hot), his phone signaled a vibration and another message pops out.

Sehun was about to ignore the text but when he learned that the sender was Kim Jongin, he wasted no time and grabbed his coat. Feet walking towards Kyungsoo and kneeling beside the bed.

"Soo," He called out. "I'm just going somewhere."

"And?" Kyungsoo replied, not even sparing Sehun a look.

"In case uh...put my numbers on your speed dial and if an emergency rains down, I'll be there!"

Kyungsoo groans and stopped typing on his document, "You are so full of yourself. What will even happen to me here? An earthquake? A fugitive? One of your girls asking for and knocking on the door? Or maybe you're afraid that I might roam around, trash your unit and find a box of condoms and magazines somewhere?"

Sehun frowns from Kyungsoo's blabbering blunt and dirty mouth. "I do not have a box of geez."

"So you have magazines then?"

"God Kyungsoo just---" Sehun cut himself, scratching his neck. "If you're about to die then tell me so I can prepare your funeral okay?" Sehun shots back that got Kyungsoo to scoff. "Then please play happy songs when I die."

Kyungsoo gets the fact that Sehun's worried but sometimes it just gets way too overboard and tacky. Kyungsoo doesn't want to step on it further but sometimes, it feels good. It was also nice for someone volunteering and wasting their time on him after Chanyeol, Minseok and Baekhyun but it does drags his self consciousness that they treat him like he's still seven.

Sehun stood up and gave Kyungsoo a wink. "I'll be back soon."

"I'd prefer you not to."

"Even if I come back with a box of donuts?"

"Bring along some soda."

Sehun chuckled from Kyungsoo's remarks. "Okay then, I'll be going Kyungsoo." He hid another soft smile when he automatically remembered something that bugged him from minute to minute. "Bye Kyungsoo?"

Kyungsoo averted his gaze and shoved Sehun elsewhere.

"Kyungsoo?" Sehun repeated his name over and over while he strolled towards the exit. Kyungsoo was irritated after the childish prosecutor's not even helping but instead was being a bother.

"Kyungsoo!" Sehun called out again and gave another wink. "Kyungsoo!"

The lawyer paused typing and shot Sehun an annoyed glare, hell gates been bent and he was ready to summon satan. "I swear if you don't stop—"

"But you said last night that you like it so much if I call your name!"

Kyungsoo felt his breath hitch from panic.

He heard that ing stupid monologue!?

"Don't even try to deny it because I heard it as clear as a transparent lube."

Kyungsoo's face started to blush. He couldn't find the right words for an insult. To deadpan it was also a bad idea because the prosecutor can see his face right now.

"Don't try to kill yourself Atty. Do. I won't want to bring donuts to a corpse." That was Sehun's last empty warning before he shut the door while snorting a laugh. Kyungsoo buried his face on a pillow and profanities slipped past his lips.

--

 

 

"Let's talk." Jongin had both of his hands inside his pocket. The cold breeze lingered around Seoul.

"This isn't about Soo Jung right?" Sehun guessed lucky.

Jongin shamelessly nods.

"What do you want from him?"

"Why are we talking about this? I am not a damned priest for you to confess your sins."

---

 

 

The next day, Kyungsoo talked to Detective Myungsoo about meeting up and checking again on Sir Lee's personal information, Hi Yeon's texts and calls and also go back to Jiseok's school.

Kyungsoo sunk down on the bed again after a refreshing bath. He rubbed his eyes and darted them at the box of j.co donuts that Sehun bought last night.

On the other hand, Sehun was ready to go back to his work and receive another case or least inspect something with Tao but his back aches from what happened last night. It would've been better since Kyungsoo doesn't snore but the only problem was, the lawyer would always kick him off bed.

He doesn't know if Kyungsoo does it in purpose or just merely a subconscious accident.

For the first time separating work, Kyungsoo strolls with Detective Kim at the telecom to ask for Hi Yeon's number and records of transactions with Sir Lee. They both gasped when a staff showed them the record of having to talk over the phone for more than fifty times and texts that could at least be counted less than a hundred.

"So what do you think?"

"They've got connections." Myungsoo answered while reviewing something on his phone. "However, we cannot read those texts or at leats have the privilege."

"That doesn't matter the most right?"

"Subtly."

"And Yoona?"

Myungsoo whipped his head to look at Kyungsoo, "Can you remember what that old hag said about Yoona's picture?"

Kyungsoo muffled a small grin, "'I don't remember her but she seems familiar.' That's a 'yes' right?"

Myungsoo nods and what Kyungsoo likes about him is that he's very workaholic, almost like him. Sehun's much more of a talker than Myungsoo. He would always have that one topic that isn't relative towards the case and annoy Kyungsoo but subconsciously, he was starting to get used to it. After all, Sehun was a warm person.

Agreeing to go to Myungsoo's place to patch it up, Kyungsoo glances on his clock and told the detective to open the window for him. Myungsoo chortled and didn't comply. With eyes on the road, "I heard about what happened to you. You okay with your stitch?"

Kyungsoo fiddled with his seatbelt. "Sometimes it does hurt but I think it's healing."

"Once had stitches too after that case I've had with a British last year." Myungsoo shrugs. "I hate it when client have grudges on you while you're just doing your very own job."

Kyungsoo's eyebrows met, "Grudges?" Then he remembered those scandals that went viral at the net. "That must be very attacking to you."

"I almost died." Myungsoo tittered like it was some kind of joke. "After all, it was an organization; a ing conspiracy after some tard ran away with his family's loans. When you obey your selfish self, it all comes down in raining bullets."

"I-I once had scandals over the net. I concluded that it was Yoona's work or maybe some malicious darned koreaboos who wants to create an article but ended up creating hateful s that doesn't deserve to be viewed."

"Well you are quite well known." Myungsoo merged lanes. "So you are saying that it's a grudge?"

"Our apartment's at a villa that's not too popular but rather shady. I didn't spill facts over me and Jongin but I think someone who knows does."

"That's Hi Yeon right?" Myungsoo asked and easily, Kyungsoo confirmed it after he was told about Hi Yeon's background. "Why would she want to ruin you if she's Soo Jung's step mom? And Jongin's sister?"

"Exactly." Kyungsoo murmured. "Yoona doesn't know any stories about us but well, maybe a few if Soo Jung doesn't shut up."

"To keep the logic and the story short," Myungsoo smiles. "Pierce the information together Kyungsoo. I think we almost got it."

--

 

"Does Chanyeol like fruits?" Sehun asked the lawyer as they walk at the hospital's isle, looking for his previous room that is beside Baekhyun's room.

"Well, he needed to like them after all look at him?" Kyungsoo yawns from lack of sleep. "His eyebags are deeper than Tao's."

"Can we, after this, eat nachos outside?"

"Is this a treat?"

"Maybe?"

"What if I say that I'm not hungry?"

Sehun scratched his nape and doesn't reply. Instead let his arms swing against Kyungsoo's, touching in an accidental but soothing manner.

Not that far when they saw that the room's door was opened and Chanyeol was shouting, "Get the away from here! Baekhyun doesn't need you! Aish! Get out! Get out!"

Kyungsoo and Sehun panicked that they rushed towards the room only to find out that Baekhyun was totally alone with the giant—who was running around the room while clapping his hands and waving a paper in mid air.

Sehun closed the room's door. "What the hell Park?"

Kyungsoo peeked at sleeping Baekhyun before roaring at Park Chanyeol. "What kind of idiocracy is this? Who are you yelling---" he cut himself off when Chanyeol dashed towards him. Kyungsoo swiftly dodge Chanyeol's move and instead hit the taller. Chanyeol snickered and showed both of his palms towards Kyungsoo. The lawyer squint his eyes and found a dead mosquito on the engineer's palm.

"This wanted to get a taste of Baekhyun!"

Kyungsoo simply rolled his eyes but was quite thankful. "Okay now Superman, at least he's dead. Get your here and eat fruits. You need rest." Kyungsoo advised and told Sehun to peel fruits. Chanyeol doesn't oblige. He ruffled the lawyer's hair while mocking Sehun's way of peeling apples.

"Who's wanted a taste of me?"

The three of them stopped talking the moment that another voice joined the friendly silence of the air. They all turned to the smurf who was blinking twice and had a bland face. Kyungsoo's heart raced at the sight of an awaken Baekhyun.

Meanwhile, Chanyeol dramatically approached Baekhyun. "B-Baek?"

Baekhyun squeezed his eyes and studied Chaneyol weirdly, not even a hint of happiness on his face. "W-Wait, A-are you—" He stops midway that got Kyungsoo digging for information inside his head of a possible head injury, amnesia or short term memory loss.

"Are you t-the robber?" Baekhyun's voice was plain shocked.

The small grin on Chanyeol's face faltered. It took him a minute to come up with an answer, "F- Baek, I-I...We're not in some romance novel wherein you don't remember this big in front of you. You remember me r-right?"

Baekhyun's lips turned into an O before blinking twice. "A-Ah! You're that indeed!" Baekhyun repeated again. "You're that giant who have these big ears, annoying laugh, savory and deep kisses and rough hands? You're that giant who sometimes denies for looking at some woman's s and tells me that I am way too better but it was indeed a lie? Y-You're that giant who stole my little heart right?"

Kyungsoo cursed Baekhyun for being cheesy but he was just Thankful that he was back to his old self, no damages indeed.

Chanyeol was in the brink of crying.

"That's you right? That Park Chanyeol who is that big who always wanted to—" He ran towards Baekhyun and showered the smurf with longing kisses, alongside to shut him up. Baekhyun's cheeks being stained by Chanyeol's tears but he doesn't mind.

Kyungsoo pulls Chanyeol away when he noticed that Park Chanyeol was pressing onto Baekhyun hard. He admits that seeing the scene was heart worthy but he kind of wanted to steal the spotlight and reassure himself that everything's fine now. "C-Chanyeol! You're crushing Baek too hard! Baekhyun's going to—" He was cut off by Baekhyun who shoved Chanyeol away and opened his arms for Do Kyungsoo, pulling him into a very tight hug. "I'm glad you're okay Kyung."

In this situation, Happy is a word that's so underrated.

--

 

 

Baekhyun agreed that he would just rest and not speak up about the issue that both he and Kyungsoo had gone through, not until the case of Soo Jung's been wrapped up.

As what Kyungsoo says, "Let's focus on it when another stress dissolves okay?"

Sehun arrows another peeled orange towards Kyungsoo's mouth in which the elder doesn't mind—not until a soft knock on the door shattered the moment.

Myungsoo peeks from the outside until he fully entered the room. He bowed and gave a hearty smile to everyone. "Hi, I'm Myungsoo." Then he turned his attention to Baekhyun before the lawyer. "Kyungsoo told me about you. It's good you're okay now. Might as well, I hope both of your case does."

Chanyeol makes a face and only nods from confusion of the Myungsoo guy.

Kyungsoo swats Sehun's hand away. "Are we already going?"

He nodded and Myungsoo's handsome smile captures Baekhyun's thoughts. Whoa, who is this guy? Don't tell me this is Kyungsoo's---

Sehun protested, "You told me you're free and you don't have work today." His sentence really passed from a protest to a whine. Kyungsoo stood up, "People lie." He waved a goodbye to everyone and grabbed the detective's arm.

Myungsoo guided Kyungsoo outside and the door completely shuts. Sehun scoffs and tried to convince himself that what he was feeling was totally wrong and not reasonable. Sure he had seen Myungsoo but why is this sudden sting of possessiveness taking over his haywired mind? Why is he feeling this sudden surge of—Chanyeol and Baekhyun gave each other 'the look' before nodding serenely.

Sehun was indeed feeling something that's too childish.

---

This chapter is romance empty but plot friendly lmao.