7.3

The Last Fight | kaisoo

Thank you so much for the feedbacks last two chapters. I was rolling all over my bed reading it. Most of your comments were either Sesoo or basically not a kaistal shipper but they want to end it with kaistal. LMAO.

;

 

Ghastly.

Kyungsoo was feeling very lightweight. Sure he didn't drink alcohol but why was he feeling so airy? He slowly opened his eyes and found someone beside him with a peaceful expression, eyes closed and lips parted. Soft snores are coming from him and it rang inside Kyungsoo's ear like a wanted melody. 

He was just so beautiful.

Kyungsoo stared at that man longer. His eyelashes are long, his nose scrunches while he snorted, his plump lips very daring to kiss, his defined jawline and his---All of a sudden, the man opened his eyelids and stared right into Kyungsoo's very own pair. The man let out a beautiful smile and Kyungsoo's cheek with care.

"Good Morning Hyung," The man greeted, leaned in and planted a soft kiss against his forehead. "We're actually late for the first period but I wouldn't want to wake you up." His voice was slightly husky.

Kyungsoo's eyes widened. The scene seemed so familiar but he couldn't bring himself to remember.

"Happy Birthday baby." The man continued.

It wasn't long before Kyungsoo realized who the man was but the insight was just so unclear and so surreal that he wanted to snap out of it soon.

"J-Jongin?" Kyungsoo whispered in utter shock.

Jongin chuckled and bit his lower lip, "Back to earth Do Kyungsoo, are you still dreaming?"

Was I?

"Baby," Jongin called out again. Kyungsoo's heart was staring to sink. Maybe he was just dreaming, it wasn't true. It can't be true. "Baby wake up! I've got a good day planned ahead of us."

"Y-You're not t-true." Those were the words that Kyungsoo replied with. Jongin wiggled his eyebrows like it was a marvelous sight. "Kyungsoo?"

"Y-You can't undo what you've done." Kyungsoo whispered faintly and stared more of Jongin's eyes with longing. He wanted more of this, more more more but everything cannot be the same again. He couldn't go back to where it was before. He wished he could change it but reality was something that could make you snap out of your daydreams. Jongin smiled brightly and leaned again to give Kyungsoo a kiss but then Kyungsoo realized that he needed to be set free. He can't be trapped in a daydream, he can't be happy this way. He can't be imprisoned with the same memories forever. With that, he quickly leaned backwards until he found himself rolling out of the bed and his back hitting the floor.

He groaned in pain but he was quickly devastated when he heard another voice. "Was it really my birthday Jongin?"

He was taken aback.

It was his voice.

Kyungsoo stood up in horror and found out that he was in a realm that he doesn't even know. There were two Kyungsoos and the other one was with Kim Jongin.

It finally made sense to him, a memory of his 17th birthday.

"My dongsaeng is just so charming." The other Kyungsoo teased in which Jongin playfully rolled his eyes and hastily rolled to his back, topping Kyungsoo. "Would you like me to prove that I'm not your dongsaeng?" Jongin asked seductively that almost got Kyungsoo's face flushed. Jongin was wearing their uniform with two buttons undo and It was indeed a hot scenery.

"N-No!" Kyungsoo protested and immediately stood up the bed, walking away and passing right through the present Kyungsoo. Jongin heaved a sigh and later on chased the older. Jongin hugged Kyungsoo's waist from the back and leaned his chin on the older's shoulder. Jongin closed his hand. "Shall we dance?"

"Dance with no music?" As much as Kyungsoo wanted warmth, he badly wanted to treasure his lover. He turned around and grinned softly. Jongin intertwined his left hand with Kyungsoo's and the other one around the latter's waist. Kyungsoo put his right hand on Jongin's shoulder and muttered, "Why are we so romantic? Augh."

"Such a mood breaker." Jongin pouted and pulled Kyungsoo very close that the older was resting against his firm chest. Jongin began humming a familiar tune. Jongin was always this sweet, birthdays aren't an exception. This boy just learned how to tick his heart off.  "Take my hand," Jongin sang and intertwined their fingers together while they began to slowly move their bodies in a slow rhythm. Kyungsoo closed his eyes, "Take my whole life too. But I can't help, falling in love with you."

Present Kyungsoo stared at them and wondered what was wrong with Kyungsoo back then.

"Shall I stay? Would it be a sin," Jongin indulged the moment. "If I can't help, falling in love with you."

Present Kyungsoo felt so pathetic. How could Jongin just throw everything so easily? He's just watching practically how his life blew up but didn't he think that the pain might be one sided? How selfish would he be to only want jongin for himself?

We were happy right?

Yes, we were.

"You know we are very late for class." Kyungsoo reminded and pulled away from Jongin as their dance came into halt. "Mrs. Ahn is having a quiz at science."

Jongin scratched his nape. "Oh I forgot about the quiz. Help me hyung."

"I can teach you."

"But—"

"No," Kyungsoo stepped on his foot. "Don't cheat okay?"

"Last time I remembered, you let me." Jongin laughed. "You almost shoved the entire paper on my desk."

"W-When was that!?"

Kyungsoo only watched as his past unfolds. Why was he dreaming anyway? What message does it contain? "Did we ever share the same feelings?" Kyungsoo murmured before a shot of pain lingered around his head. Darkness was reeling him in and he was glad that he was nearing in waking up. He clutched his head tightly and closed his eyes shut.

 

--

 

 

The second time around, Kyungsoo opened his eyes once more. The sudden intruder pain was gone and he met another pair of glossy eyes. "Hi." Sehun greeted with a small grin. Kyungsoo didn't answer and kept his gaze at Sehun who was now the present, the reality. The sorcery was gone and hauntings are bare. Sehun's hair was disheveled but his breath smelled like mint. His nose was quite red and his chapped pale lips indicated that he wasn't near okay.

"Sehun," Kyungsoo called his name. Sehun's eyebrows met, "Your eyes are so swollen. You cried so much last night."

Last night.

Unconsciously, Kyungsoo smiled like an idiot. His heart was no longer heavy and he was glad that everything that he wanted to say was finally out of his chest. It was such a huge relief.

"You look like a killer doll." Sehun tsk-ed. "I should've just let you outside."

"Why are you on my bed?" Kyungsoo asked and sat up. Sehun laid flat on the mattress.  "It wasn't that pretty to reminisce but I took care of you. Is tha how you treat a nurse?"

Kyungsoo groaned and kicked Sehun's leg, "Get out of my bed."

Sehun rolled his eyes and sighed, "Stop maltreating me Attorney, I got a fever last night."

Kyungsoo's forehead ceased from the sudden response. 

But a familiar voice startled the, both. "Exactly, last night Oh Sehun couldn't even stay away from you because up to sleep you are crying like crazy." Their attention turned to two people who are at the door. Gawking at them like they're some sort of movie. "You even stayed up so goddamn late, right Chanyeol?" Baekhyun nudged his partner.

"Yeah," Chanyeol chortled. "And you Sehun is smooth as ."

"Chanyeol Hyung." Sehun whined in which chanyeol immediately answered with a, "Shut up and drink your meds."

Kyungsoo scratched his head, "Get out of my room." He pointed the door, exhausted.

"Ooooh, wanted some privacy eh?" Baekhyun teased and made a derp face. Kyungsoo deadpanned him and turned to Sehun, "I mean everyone."

"I'm sick."

"Well then, I'm tired."

"We need to go to work." 

Kyungsoo only stared at Sehun. It was a brand new day to start passing notes to the court. Unconsciously Kyungsoo's eyes raked down Sehun's and found out a few trails of eye bags and tiredness. He remembered how cold was it last night that made the fever evident.  The eye contact rained more than seconds and Byun and Park could only nudge at each other.

--

 

"Mrs. Kim is on her way." The guard told Kyungsoo in a polite manner and closed the door leaving Kyungsoo alone in the room. Sehun was outside with Tao and he realized that after what was done yesterday, It became a bit awkward. Maybe Jongin didn't tell, well i hope he does.

"Professional Do Kyungsoo." He whispered and slapped himself. "Don't let it overtake you again because drama is really not for you."

"Hey," Krystal greeted as the doors opened. She sat on the same chair with hair, very messy. She looked like a lot of crazy and a lot of pretty. "Your eyes are swollen." That was Kyungsoo's first remark in which krystal was happy to return, "Yours too."

Kyungsoo inwardly cursed but he cleared his throat. He wanted to make an excuse but he would rather not talk about that. "So, the trial is set two days from here and---"

"Jongin didn't visit me early." Krystal started and got Kyungsoo's attention. "It was kind of unusual but Did he talk to you?"

Kyungsoo softly sighed and set down his phone, "So it was planned?" It was a blunt question. He doesn't want the proposed topic to go on zigzags.

Krystal blinked twice. "I-I," Soo Jung hesitated and squeezed her hands tightly. She looked down, she can't say the word.

"It's okay." Kyungsoo comforted. "I've had enough of the Sorrys, Krystal Jung but we both know that it isn't that easy."

Krystal bit her tongue, "J-Jongin, he never forgot you."

"It's a lie."

"I can never be you."

"So was I."

"Please," Soo Jung pleaded and leaned closer the glass barrier. "P-Please forgive him. I know you can't deal the same thing with me but, please accept his sorry." This time it irked Kyungsoo by the fact that Krystal is begging for Jongin. How come Jongin deserved love that both of them could give?

Kyungsoo's jaw clenched. He really wanted the story closed so he replied with a strong, "Why?"

Soo Jung exhaled. She can't say that Jongin deserved it but seeing her husband like that was unhealthy for her or for anyone. Everyone needed to be healed and if she can't be forgiven then it's okay.

She just wanted them to be okay.

"Because Jongin's hurting too." Krystal said. "And it's something we both can't bear can't we? We both knew how to love someone named Kim Jongin. Some may say that I won but I can't win within this condition Kyungsoo. I can't bear him seeing like that."

"Do you really love him?" Kyungsoo dared.

"Yes I do." Krystal's eyes started to pool. "Please forgive him. I know I sound selfish, not even thinking of you but like you said, you can't deal with the drama anymore. We both know the euphoria, the nostalgia and the pain. Who wanted to live with pain? Jongin's confused and today's not the only day he showed it up. I-I think, he's--"

Kyungsoo tittered.

"Please."

"Soo Jung I don't know how to." Kyungsoo answered. "And we both know that bullet wounds can't be covered that easily." Then he sighed, returning his attention to his phone. "Like what I've said, we are having a few investigations against my three suspects. Do you know where Lee Jiseok and Taemin is?"

It took long after Krystal answered. Her mind had constant battles not letting her sleep but Kyungsoo was right, she wouldn't understand. Everything is done.

It's all work now.

She heaved a deep sigh after knowing that Kyungsoo's somewhere interested. Of course he wouldn't forgive that easily if she'll put her shoes in his situation. It was a selfish request. "He's at the condominium Taemin owned at Gangnam."

"Can we still use him as the other witness?"

"He's traumatized." Krystal worriedly said.

--

 

 

A woman sashayed in front of a lady in front of her before grabbing a chair to sit on. "So what are your plans?" She seemed ecstatic about the day. 

The lady at her opposite side clenched her fists, "The trial is 2 days away. They can't win; you should do your job." She dared with a firm voice. The woman gurgled like it was the funniest thing she ever heard, "Careful of your tone. I am the only witness to help you."

"Fine," The lady clutched her bag. "We will both benefit from this. Jung Soo Jung needs to be ruined. I can't let that case move on."

"Their new attorney is pretty good though."

The lady smirked, "Do Kyungsoo?" then she flicked her tongue. He ranger was rising. "Clear that attorney for me. Take him down and make him distracted." After all the questions being thrown at her, it was making her queasy. "Hah," The woman caressed the wine glass in front of her. "I think I know what distraction that might be."

"Have you heard about them?"

"Funny situation right? I think I have a few snaps."

The lady crossed her legs. "Make them back together again or tear them apart, I don't care who suffers this."

"This is just so exciting." The woman drank the wine and lifted it up. "Cheers?"

The lady didn't answer but instead her jaw clenched, "Indeed exciting."

--

 

"Argh," Sehun groaned while parking his car outside Baekhyun's apartment. "I am so hungry. They better be making lunch and not cuddling like bears and three year olds." Kyungsoo almost hit Sehun because of his claims. He unbuckled his belt and scratched his collarbones. "You are frustrating me."

Sehun's eyes went back and forth the side mirror. "You are so cute." It wasn't a mindless response since teasing is the only way to reply. 

"What a flirt."

"Me? Nah. Who cried last night?"

"Then who offered to stay by my side like a ing unwanted knight?"

"Unwanted?" Sehun scoffed. "Wow, who ran back to my arms?"

"Then who said that I should?" Kyungsoo argued like a child. Sehun couldn't help but to giggle like a girl. "Seriously attorney. You are draining my energy so much. But yeah, you had a choice last night. Jongin, me or walk away." When he got a stable position, "And you chose me." Sehun smirked and turned to Kyungsoo.

Kyungsoo found his heart fluttering again that made him slightly blushing. He regret his actions and words but he can't take it back. "Don't stare and make me choke you." Kyungsoo warned and begged himself not to stutter. Sehun's sudden attacks are sometimes a half of disgusting and humiliating. 

Sehun ruffled Kyungsoo's hair while the older groaned. "Let's eat shall we?"

When they stepped out of the car, Sehun immediately put his arm around Kyungsoo's shoulder. "Should we order? What about my ramen?"

"Aish! You're too close!"

"You just accepted my hug last night."

"Why are you always talking about last night!?"

"Because it's the best thing ever."

Their bickering went on for forever until they reached the kitchen. Baekhyun and Chanyeol are indeed not eating each other but instead, Baekhyun was wearing an apron with bacon strips as a design as he cooked ginseng soup while Chanyeol was drinking coffee. Chanyeol was dressed up with that engineer hat on top of his head, ready to work. They were also both watching TV.

"It's been a while since Chanyeol worked." Kyungsoo greeted everyone inside and removed Sehun's grip from his shoulders. "Nice soup!"

"You are seriously in a good mood this hour." Baekhyun remarked and continued stirring. "Don't tell me something happened?"

"Uh?" Sehun tried to think.

"Don't tell me you're a couple---Ah! Yah!" Baekhyun's words were cut when Kyungsoo pinched him. "Giving your heart to someone isn't easy." Kyungsoo mindlessly replied that got Chanyeol laughing and turning to Sehun. "Heard the challenge Sehun?"

Sehun's shoulders both raised with a mocking face.

"Stop teaming up on me!" Kyungsoo shouted, frustrated. Chanyeol shook his head and raised both of his arms as a sight of defeat while baekhyun washed his hands like Pontius Pilate while saying, "I am not part of this!"

All Kyungsoo could do is roll his eyes. Admit or not admit; he liked the feeling of days like this. Teasing each other like no worries. He hoped that days would continue like that and so he could let his mind float off somewhere.

But then a certain news got Chanyeol's attention, as well as the others.

 

"Jung Wang Suk, head and Ceo of Jung group of companies and Star entertainment's daughter's new Attorney have a scandal?"

The news quickly captured Kyungsoo's ear. Everyone turned serious.

"An anonymous netizen shared little information about Jung Soo Jung's case and said that the trial is near but was it moving? Blanc and Eclare's CEO and Soo Jung's sister have no words and were caught very busy managing her company's loss due her sister's scandal."

Baekhyun scoffed.

Kyungsoo could only squeeze his hand. He forgot about the press and Soo Jung's background but what scandal!?

"The anonymous netizen shared a few pictures of the attorney having a deep talk with Soo Jung's Husband Kim Jongin? Not that, it spread like wildfire in the sns that Kim Jongin and the new attorney seemed to have a past and was mending their love just now?"

A few pictures of last night were flashed at the TV.

Kyungsoo remained emotionless and lost in thought.

"Who the is that anonymous er!?" Baekhyun angrily hissed.

"This scandal was stirred online and Kim Jongin was reported to have taken down his only sns account? What is really going on within the Lawyer Do Kyungsoo, Kim Jongin and Ms. Jung? Netizens are----"

Sehun turned the TV off and glanced at Kyungsoo. "Soo---"

"It's okay." Kyungsoo sighed. "But who the hell would do this?"

----