8.2

The Last Fight | kaisoo

Thank You for the long comments of yours and adding 'The Last Fight' into those reading lists that are named, 'Best Kaisoo fics' 'worth reading' 'must read' 'best stories so far' it's not yet the best tho. 

;

After the adjourned meeting, Kyungsoo quickly eyed Krystal who was dragged back by Tao without even having a conversation with Jessica or Jongin. He sighed, gathering his files on the desk. Seokjin, who was walking towards the exit to talk with Yoona stopped at the middle to go tell Kyungsoo something. Jin's face was serious, "Don't be too confident of things."

Kyungsoo only nodded, emotionless. He wasn't angry since he knows that there are cases that cannot be really justified and be a victory to some lawyers. As a lawyer, you really have to defend a side even though sometimes it might come out as a lie.

Kyungsoo was just so stressed after hearing that the judge had suspended the meeting but he wasn't scared or hopeless too. Actually, he's quite contented of his performance today. With one last glance at the court, Kyungsoo walked out.

"Hey," Sehun called out from the corner while crossing his arms. Kyungsoo didn't pay attention to him and instead, his eyes were roaming around like he was trying to find someone.

Where is he? He left already? no please. He thought.

Seeing that the latter looked so spacious, Sehun decided to stroll beside the lawyer. "You did great there. Don't sulk---"

"Jiseok!"

Jiseok halted at his position when a familiar voice called out from the hallway. He turned his head and gazed at the lawyer who kneeled in front of him.

"Jiseok, hyung is very proud of what you did there." Kyungsoo gave Jiseok a hearty smile. He wanted Jiseok to be more comfortable with him so the kid can lay out his problems. "I bet your father really appreciates your efforts. You're a strong boy aren't you?" Kyungsoo even ruffled the child's hair.

Jiseok gave Kyungsoo a small snicker. He doesn't want to be utterly nice towards Kyungsoo since he was on Soo Jung's side but Kyungsoo's aura seemed so nice.

"I-I just promised Taemin hyung that I'll try to stand up once. I-It w-wasn't a big deal."

"No," Kyungsoo shrugged and stood up. "Not everyone can stand up Jiseok. Not everyone can pick the sword after the battle and fight again."

Jiseok stared at Kyungsoo's eyes, "But I cried. Big boys don't cry."

Kyungsoo caressed Jiseok's shoulders, "Remember that crying doesn't make you weak. They say that being Young and weak isn't a sin either. See you again real soon buddy." Jiseok nodded vigorously and left with his guardian.

Kyungsoo felt his shoulder being tapped by someone. "You're quite scary for a kid, telling him such deep words." He rolled his eyes, "I'm just telling him those for him to be stronger. For him to not be that scared of the world anymore. The kid deserved the truth, he deserved better."

"So are you." Sehun nodded and whispered sneakily. "So, where are you headed to now? The court's schedule will come out a day from today."

Kyungsoo's mind became blank. He never thought of what will happen after the trial. "I-I don't know, find out more stuff I guess?"

"You can do that next time. For now," Sehun whispered against Kyungsoo's ear and pushed him forward, "Let's just enjoy okay? I called Baek." Kyungsoo shivered from the prosecutor's hot breath.

Kyungsoo withdrew from his position,  "Stop wasting my time---"

Sehun laughed, "You really don't like me do you?" He wiggled his eyebrows.

"Aish! Stop being this hard headed! You're adding into my headache!"

After hearing that his question wasn't answered, Sehun had considered the challenge. It's true that he's interested at the Lawyer but he guessed that it wasn't that deep yet. Yes Kyungsoo was someone worth loving but he also loved Do Kyungsoo as his friend plus he doesn't want to also force the older to like him back. He wanted for things to take on its natural path or it's going to be just an artificial love.

He wanted Kyungsoo to be okay first, to learn how to love himself first rather than always being on the job and suffer things that are choking him. Also, he wanted to teach Kyungsoo so much things that he learned from his mother.

"That's why you needed a break Soo! Plus, Baekhyun's with us. You needed to step out of that stress box okay? No more questions." Sehun urged and pushed Kyungsoo towards the exit. The smaller kept on whining and protesting but he agreed right away since he 'reasons out' that he also missed Byun Baekhyun.

 

Jessica stepped out of the courtroom with Jongin and Tao. She clutched on her Prada bag and glanced at two who are busy talking about Soo Jung.

"The next trial will be decided by the prosecution, the jury. Don't worry about it Jongin, she's fine." Tao assured that got Jongin sighing. "That's at least to hold on to."

Tao excused himself and left leaving the two at the Hallway.

"I'm glad that Jiseok was there to testify and I am really hoping about that hole that Kyungsoo was dealing with. He's such a great lawyer." Jessica stated as Jongin and she walked.

"I know." Jongin smiled genuinely.

"Lessen your worries Jongin, I've already hired someone to take down those s that the press or some anonymous netizen posted about you and Kyungsoo."

Jongin thanked Jessica and went on, "About that...I was thinking...that what if those were just made to use against us?"

"Pardon?"

"What if those scandals are just part of someone's plan, gah I don't know." Jongin chuckled at his silliness. "Never mind it noona, should I treat you today's lunch?"

Jessica laughed and hit Jongin's shoulders, "Fine fine, I'm hungry because of the tension anyways." She fixed her hair. "By the way, I saw that prosecutor and Kyungsoo seemed really close. The prosecutor was kind of familiar don't you think?"

Jongin's smile faded from his face, "We should get going noona."

--

 

 

Meanwhile at the washroom, Yoona washed her face with water repeatedly to have her awake. She clenched her fists against the bathroom's sink and gritted her teeth. She almost lost herself at the court room and that Lawyer! She was so pissed because of him.

Her anger arose and it was because of Do Kyungsoo and her guilt. On top of that, Jiseok attended the trial! Taemin promised her not to but why did it happen? Did someone team up on her?

"Goddamnit!" She cursed. "Aish! Bull!"

Hi Yeon hastily entered the Ladies Bathroom and made Yoona to face her. Her eyes were also full of anger and disappointment. "What was that about? What happened back there!?"

Yoona released her wrist from the elder's painful grip, "I-I..." She mumbled and couldn't get herself to answer.

Hi Yeon who was furious threw money on her face, "I told you those scandals wouldn't work. How come Do Kyungsoo is---"

"I'll try to cover it better." Yoona tried her best not to stutter. Her pride was crushed and she was just too irritated to stable herself. "You better right do it." Hi Yeon gritted her teeth, "He almost got you Yoona. He almost slammed the truth on your ing face! Why can't your damned lawyer Seokjin defend that!?"

"I-I'll talk to him." Yoona bent down to gather all the money on the floor. She heaved a long sigh and shoved Hi Yeon the money back, "I don't need your money." Then she attempted to walk out, only to be stopped by Hi Yeon once again.

The lady bit her lips and crossed both of her arms, "Wang Suk is looking for me." She puckered her lips that are tainted with a shameless bright red lipstick. "And I won't trust you big issues anymore. Just make sure that you keep your mouth shut. Don't be a bluff with me Im Yoona; we know who will suffer behind bars if this plan fails. We both won't benefit."

Yoona nodded.

"And also," Hi Yeon walked towards Yoona, her voice moderate but low. She shoved the money towards Yoona again, "You're going to meet someone. Give him this money and tell him to distract the lawyer more."

Yoona raised an eyebrow, "D-Distract?"

"I want to eliminate that Lawyer for good." Hi Yeon pertained to Kyungsoo. "I'll recommend Kim Jongin with another good lawyer. Won't be that nice?"

"You're just creating suspicions." Yoona deadpanned, tired. "Just do it yourself!"Hi Yeon gritted her teeth again, "Don't you dare speak up against me! I can make you go to jail without me being harmed." She gave Yoona a painful slap on her left cheek.

"H-How could you do that to your own brother and your s-step daughter!"

Hi Yeon devilishly smirked, "It's because I don't care. Can't we not just care anymore? Besides, I don't belong to Jongin's family anymore." Hi Yeon can remember those hardships that she had to go through alone when she was still a member of her family. They always expected high on her and if not, she was being ignored. She wouldn't be the favorite, she cannot be with the man she loves and she was always expected to be the one working her off.

Ever since Jong Mi and Jongin were born, her parents didn't pay much attention to her anymore. They would always be the caring one for the two especially for Jongin. This solitude had made her to go rebel and what even more if her family made her chose? The crooked man that she loves or the honor of the family?

If everyone thinks that it's just a funny situation of a jealous daughter but to her, it was more than that. Efforts wasted and her being deprived of her happiness.

"It's for your own good honey." Her mother would always say. Bull, it's better my way.

"Just do my job and I'll make sure that you're not going to end up behind the bars and I want it done today."

--

 

 

"So what's for today?" Baekhyun cheered as they stepped inside a small café. The café was cozy and new. Many teenagers were hanging out at the café since it was spacey and there are a lot of aesthetic desserts and figurines for photo-ops. Sehun looked at the board of menu, interested. "What do you want guys? My treat."

"Ohhhh." Baekhyun elbowed Kyungsoo and squeezed his tiny eyes, "Can I have chocolate frappe? Oh and also that cinnamon dish oh God yes."

"I'll have coffee." Kyungsoo stated naturally that got Sehun grinning, "Such a simple person aren't you?"

"I'll have the pizza too and the cake." Kyungsoo added and Sehun's eyes popped wide because of the price. "O-Of course."

"Still simple for you?" Kyungsoo taunted and played with his lips, "Want me to add those crisp cookies?"

Sehun shook his head, "What the---hold that monster inside you." He stood up and went towards the line. Baekhyun chuckled from the two's silliness. "Yah, are you two always like this? You've gotten far closer."

Kyungsoo his lips, "Stop being a matchmaker Byun."

Baekhyun scrunched his nose and rolled his eyes, "I am not! I just thought you two will look good together! He's adorable isn't he? And don't even make me mention that damn abs of justice." Baekhyun's imaginations run wild. "I swear it's like you hit the lotto," And Baekhyun's gaze ran down Sehun's bottom. "His is a lot more plump than yours. What a Sebooty!"

"Shut up!" Kyungsoo's face, for some unknown reasons, were flushed with a bright red blush when Baekhyun started checking out Sehun's body.

"I wonder if his bul---"

"Yah! Shut up!" Kyungsoo hissed and threw Baekhyun some napkins. The older laughed hard and gave Kyungsoo a mocking look. Whenever his best friend would act like this, not serious but flushed, he totally loves it.

Do you just have that one friend who always embarrasses you in public?

Kyungsoo has one, Byun Baekhyun.

"Okay fine Kyungie," Baekhyun raised his hands as a sign of defeat. And that's when Kyungsoo thought that it's over--- "But hey, ever wondered how Oh Sehun kisses you?"

"I said shut it!" Kyungsoo raised his voice that got the attention of almost everyone inside the café. Sehun turned to them and Baekhyun waved his hands, "Don't worry! He's just having PMS!"

"I swear to God Baek if you mutter anything related about body parts----"

"Okay okay, I'm just trying to make you smile!"

"Well you didn't!" Kyungsoo heavily protested but all of a sudden, his gaze were directed towards Sehun's clothed abs. Oh my God, this influence!

"Hey, I saw that." Baekhyun winked that got Kyungsoo strangling him. "Your fault! your fault!"

-

Because of the scenario inside the café, Sehun decided that it was better if Baekhyun would order rather than him because he knew that within only a few minutes, Baekhyun could've died within Kyungsoo's satanic arms.

"You two are the weirdest friends ever." Sehun mimicked that got Kyungsoo to snicker. "He's very playful though." Sehun nodded, Baekhyun was such a charmer.

"They said that they will just call our names," Baekhyun return with a tray of chips. "Having a good conversation aren't we? Being a third wheel to the Sesoo romances isn't bad either." He sat down beside Kyungsoo.

Kyungsoo and Sehun exchanged a look that got Baekhyun giggling.

Due things are getting somewhat awkward because of Baekhyun's words, Sehun decided to go to a bathroom to calm himself down.

"Yah," Baekhyun started again. "Why don't you just fall for him?" Kyungsoo almost choked while nibbling on the chips, "Seriously, are you always going to ask that over and over again? I mean can't you just let it be the way it wants to be? Let it flow naturally---."

Kyungsoo was too late when he realized his words. Baekhyun's eyes had gone wide and his mouth almost left dangling in pure bliss. "OH MY GAWD SOO SFDGASFGHL---" Baekhyun calmed himself down, "You're really giving Sehun a chance?"

Although Kyungsoo doesn't want to conclude early, he maybe just wanted Baekhyun to shut up. "I----Okay, I do. Besides," Kyungsoo chewed, "You don't destroy the people you love. And i don't want Sehun to be just a cover up. He's too nice for that."

Baekhyun dug deep through Kyungsoo's words. He was right. "I'm so proud of you! And it's true though that those people who are always hassling to walk away are those ers who doesn't intend to stay."

Kyungsoo remained silent. Baekhyun will always have a point.

"I read this quote yesterday, that Change and moving on happens when the pain of holding on becomes greater than the fear of letting go." Baekhyun murmured. "I know that you can't force yourself to unlike someone but you can actually realize and tell yourself that you deserve better." Baekhyun huffed when he heard their name being called by the counter. "Always remember that a bad love experience doesn't mean you can't have something greater than that." Then Baekhyun winked at him.

What have I done to have such a love guru friend like him? Kyungso found himself asking that.

"That's us!" Baekhyun told the woman in apron enthusiastically. The woman smiled and gave him the try, "It's quite heavy though."

"I can manage." Baekhyun said.

"Baekhyun and Kyungsoo." He heard a whisper from his left. He turned towards the person and found a cute looking guy staring at their order. "You have such nice names." Baekhyun chortled, "Nah, my mother even said that my hyung Baekbeom's name is much better." The guy snorted, eyes not leaving Baekhyun as the smurf walked away. "Yeah, such a nice name to write on a grave."

"Yah, that guy said that our names were nice." Baekhyun told Kyungsoo as he separated their orders. He sat down with elbows on the table. Kyungsoo got curious, "Who then?"

"That guy---" Baekhyun tried to search for the cute guy but he disappeared from the counter. He swear he left only a few seconds towards their table.

"There's no one there." Kyungsoo pointed out that got Sehun scratching his nape.

"Oh , am I seeing ghosts. Oh no, are they ready to take me to heaven?" Baekhyun thought. From his words, Kyungsoo shot him an annoyed glare. "Yah, don't say that."

"Geurae," Baekhyun replied. "After all its Chanyeol who can take me to heaven." He giggled leaving Kyungsoo to fake puke. "But aww, am I that too precious to lose?"

"What about Sehun's name?" Kyungsoo diverted the topic.

"Nah, he didn't say anything, probably his name was ugly." Baekhyun joked.

"Ugly as his face." Savagesoo entered the scene and it got Sehun protesting throughout their stay.

--

 

"I need a good dose of kimchi." Baekhyun yawned and opened the car door, stepping outside. "Thanks for the treat Sehun!" It was already night time and the three of them had spent way too much time for enjoyment. Baekhyun hit his head when he noticed that he didn't leave any lights on.

Kyungsoo closed the window that Sehun opened for him and struggled to remove the safety belt. Sehun was glad to do it for him and Baekhyun was quietly squealing. He really liked the two as friends or a couple because for Baekhyun, Sehun was a respectable man. When they were in highschool, Sehun was second top of the whole school. Ladies liked him for being such a gentleman not to mention his once one sided crush when they were in their first junior year. Gladly, he met Chanyeol.

Baekhyun also adored how much Sehun's into swimming tracks and competitions, he would like to see him again but sadly, Sehun was just too busy.

Since Sehun's face was close (which Sehun was just joking with), Kyungsoo snapped him out and leaned on the door more. His wallet that was at the edge of his pocket dropped quietly for the elder to not know.

"Thank you for the food prosecutor." Kyungsoo stepped down and slammed the door with force. Sehun caressed the door with pity and waved back at Kyungsoo. He started the engines and let the car accelerate out of the main road.

Kyungsoo palmed his face that was blushing once again because of Sehun and Baekhyun's antics.

"Baek? Turn the lights on..." Kyungsoo wondered why it was just too dark inside. "Baek! I said open---" That's when he heard a loud crashing noise coming from upstairs. There's a robber!? "Baek!" Kyungsoo shouted. Although he wanted to step outside, he cannot leave his friend. So he gathered his courage and walked upstairs, "B-Baek?"

Kyungsoo tried to think positive. He was actually glad for it to just turn out to be Baekhyun and Chanyeol making out rather than something he doesn't want to think.

He clenched his fists, balling them. "B-Baek---" He stopped when Baekhyun ran towards him, eyes wide in shock saying, "Kyungsoo! Run!"

Sehun hummed the song's lyrics while constantly glancing at the side mirror to merge lanes to exit the main road but then his eyes caught something and it was a small wallet on the passenger's seat. He cackled, "Do Kyungsoo, you're smart but clumsy." He held onto the wallet. "I think I should return you right?" He talked to the wallet like a crazy idiot and stopped midway, going back to Kyungsoo's apartment.

Kyungsoo held his breath while looking at Baekhyun who staggered at the end of the living room. The smurf threw a few vases towards the robber but the robber was indeed smart to dodge all of those.

Kyungsoo grabbed the nearest item he could throw and later on jumped on the fugitive, trying to choke him. He was scared but nothing will come to them. "B-Baek! C-Call for H-Help---" Baekhyun doubted at first but agreed only to be stopped when the robber held onto Kyungsoo's waist and tossed him at the nearest glass cabinet.

Fragments of glass came pouring down Kyungsoo and some of them even digging on his skin. He groaned in pain.

Baekhyun tried to make an escape to call for help but the robber had already reached to him and choked him while getting a knife. Seeing the vulgar view, Kyungsoo tried his best to stand up and kick the unknown man. The man grunted and his grip at Baekhyun loosened leaving Baekhyun to fall down, his head hitting the edge of the table hard making him unconscious.

The man turned to Kyungsoo and drew his knife. Kyungsoo tried his best to throw punches, call for help and dodge the knife but he wasn't unscathed unlike the tainted man. The man gripped Kyungsoo's hair tightly that his scalp might rip and quickly shoved a knife against Kyungsoo's abdomen.

"Excuse me? Excuse me? What's all the noise?"

The man withdrew his knife and attempted to again but the neighbor's noises are distracting him. In no time by quickly looking at Kyungsoo's labored breaths, he decided to jump out of a window and escape through the back door.

"H-Hello! Baek? Are you in there? I'm sorry but we heard some noises!" Eunhyuk shouted outside since the gates were closed. Sehun finally arrived at the apartment and he was quite surprised when he saw two men outside, knocking.

"Excuse me? What happened?"

"Oh, they were loud there. I think they're fighting because a lot of vases or plates were broken? We could hear shouts from our side. We're just worried about them."

Sehun's heart began to race. They wouldn't fight like that. "Baek! Kyungsoo!"

Kyungsoo clutched his stomach, his left hand being pooled by blood. His senses were getting dull and his world was spinning. He tried his best to find Baekhyun and his eyes became watery from the sight of Baekhyun looking lifeless on the floor.

He squirmed to his right when he caught sight of his phone. He could hear their neighbor's voices but he cannot shout since his throat ran dry and his energy was leaving him. With shaky hands, he pressed on the keys and roamed through his contacts. He pressed someone's number on it and it signaled into a call.

The pain was just too unbearable, Kyungsoo whispered a small help.

--