6.2

The Last Fight | kaisoo

 

Song while making this: Crush's Goblin Ost

;

Sehun parked the car at a nearby chicken shop near Myeongdong. Kyungsoo instantly unbuckled his seat belt, eyeing the board saying the Shop's name.

Lei's Chicken

He groans a bit. 

"Is it good here?" Kyungsoo asked as he stepped down the vehicle. Sehun chuckled while Jongin fixed his disheveled hair. The cold breeze made their bodies shiver within just a simple touch on their skin.

"It's very good. I go here to relieve my stress."

Jongin scoffed.

Sehun escorted the two towards the chicken shop and as they enter, the aroma of freshly cooked chicken lingered in the air. The area was spacious and filled with customers. The walls were painted with green and blue and the interior was quite very modern although it said that the chicken recipe was quite traditional and aged. 

Kyungsoo stared at some group who were drinking their hearts out. He wrinkled his forehead. Don't forget that this is Jongin's birthday. Don't get too drunk. Work, work. Kyungsoo reminded himself.

"Hyung!"

They all turned to the little voice that called from the kitchen. Sehun's eyes turned into small crescents as he opened his arms wide. A little boy which Kyungsoo guessed is at the age of 5 ran towards sehun, encircling his little arms around Sehun's nape.

Sehun flowered the young boy with kisses.

"Eyy, hyung." The little boy shoved Sehun's lips away which earned a small grin from Kyungsoo. Jongin smiled, "Hi Lei."

Lei just stared at Jongin before turning to Sehun, "This is---?"

Sehun leaned closer to Lei, "That troublesome kid back in high school, the one that choked on a burger and thought that he died."

Jongin palmed his face and Kyungsoo bit his lower lip preventing him from laughing. He remembers that? Does that mean he's that guy who---

 

 

 

"Jongin, don't talk when your mouth is full." Kyungsoo reminded the younger. Jongin pouted before devouring on his burger, not minding how messy he is. Kyungsoo somewhat hates it when he makes noises when he eats but then he started to appreciate Jongin's little imperfections. "I'm good hyung, stop worrying too much."

"I'm not good on first aid if ever."

"Who cares about first aid right? Let's just eat." Jongin says casually, adding more burger making his cheeks all puffed.

Just then, a group of boys passed by and took the table beside them. They were the school's representative for  Swimming. Oh Sehun glanced at the couple and gazed at Jongin. He then elbowed Mark, "Yah, isn't that burger sold out? Why is that---"

"It isn't something new. He must've flirted with the cafeteria head." Mark Tuan told him blandly, "I wonder why his boyfriend isn't aware of this."

"Aish, that isn't cheating," Seungri butted in, "I ate one during our first break."

"Really?" Sehun's eyes went wide. "Why didn't you ing tell me!?"

"Just order then! I'm hungry." Mark pushed Sehun away. Sehun grabbed his wallet and stood from the table but when he was walking away he---

"I ING TOLD YOU TO SLOW DOWN! ARGH! WHAT DO I---JUST STOP YAH!"

That guy, Do Kyungsoo was shouting his heart out. Kyungsoo was very worried, his boyfriend choked on a burger and his hardly gasping for air. He tried to make Jongin spit it out, offer him water but it was no use.

"H-HYU HYU HYUN HYUNG FAEHFF HE-HELP---"

Sehun tsked, no wondering he was watching. "Eyy, he's doing it the wrong way."

"! DON'T YOU GIVE UP ON ME! SPIT THAT OUT!"

"sdfghjkfuwefh Igdhfj" Jongin's eyes were now foggy and a bit red.

Sehun rolled his eyes and made way through the crowd, pushing Kyungsoo aside. He doesn't know both of them truly but he's glad to help. "Move, I'll do it."

"How are you supposed to—"

"Shut up, let me do the work. My mom's a nurse."

And with that Kyungsoo gave way for Sehun.

--

"Talk to him." Kyungsoo urged Jongin. Jongin caressed his throat. "No."

"Kim Jongin!"

Jongin rolled his eyes and walked towards Sehun's table. Embarrassment was still there but he can't say no to Kyungsoo. He can't even let his pride be crush at this man to man talk. "Hey."

Sehun stopped chomping on the burger and he like Mark and Seungri, stared at Jongin, interested of what the school's jock will say.

"My boyfriend appreciates what you did back there."

Then Jongin walked away.

Kyungsoo palmed his face. For Kyungsoo, Jongin will forever be that prideful but he can't blame him though. So, it was him whose feet moved towards Sehun's table. He cleared his throat.

"Hey, Thank you for what you did back there, for helping that hungry guy."

Sehun kept his gaze on Kyungsoo's face which made Kyungsoo look a bit awkward.

"U-Uh I-Uh Yeah; Thanks again."

Sehun finally smiled which lead to Seungri and Mark elbowing each other. "You're welcome."

 

 

 

"It's amazing how you remember." Kyungsoo praised Sehun and the boy just snickered meanwhile Jongin was sighing. That old memory is one of the most cherished memories he had because after that, Jongin turned soft and looked like a guy with ego crushed. The video was even uploaded on someone's group chat.

"There are times wherein you can't forget a certain memory though, especially when it's a funny one." Sehun answered and Jongin glared at him. Kyungsoo laughed and playfully hit his shoulder leaving Jongin thinking, Are they close?

"Hyung," Lei called out. "Are you going to order? I'm going to get you a table."

"You own this?" Kyungsoo questioned as he, Lei and Sehun talked as they strolled towards Lei's desired table leaving Jongin behind. He sighed once more, "Happy Birthday to me." Then he followed. When they reached the table, Lei immediately tugged Sehun's shirt, "Hyung, you need to see mom. She's dying to see you at the kitchen."

Sehun glanced at Kyungsoo and Jongin for permission, they both nodded.

Sehun left for his mom and Lei was also left staring at the two, "What would you like to order? We have chicken, takbikyu, bulgogi, sangyeopsal and braised beef." Lei asked the two innocently.

Jongin smiled at him and ruffled his hair. Lei reminds him of someone too painfully good. Kyungsoo gazed at Jongin and his heart grew sad when he remembered something.

"Can we order Chicken and beer big boy?"

"Beer's bad for your health." Lei answered as a matter of fact. Jongin giggled like a girl and pinched Lei's cheeks, "It's for adults only though Lei." He loves the feeling around kids. 

Lei nodded. "I'd have your order right away mister!" Then he ran towards the cashier, telling their order. He looked a lot like Sehun but he's a bit half of jolly and sarcastic.

Jongin's eyes never left Lei and Kyungsoo saw how lovingly he stares at Lei and without thinking,

"He does remind you of Asher right?"

Jongin felt his world stop.

When Kyungsoo realized his mistake "A-Ah I'm sorry shouldn't have asked that." Now he felt embarrassed and stupid asking something sensitive. It's just seeing Jongin ever so happy with a kid, it was breaking his heart that his son has to die. He expected Jongin to frown but instead he faced him and let out a small but reassuring smile. "He does though. I've always dreamt of having my son beside me at all times, me teaching him basketball and dancing." Jongin suddenly opened and flood of thoughts and wishes came rushing down his brain.

Kyungsoo felt himself look down. He feels sorry for Jongin. True that it was one of Jongin's dreams because back way in high school, he used to tell Kyungsoo about his family goals in the future. Sadly, it didn't come out like it was supposed to.

"How you did you know though?"

Kyungsoo looked so guilty, "It's Jongdae's fault."

"Eyyy that punk." He heard Jongin whisper. Kyungsoo felt like he's even making the scene worst so he tried to cheer him up in the simplest but painful way as possible. "Yah, cheer up! You and Krystal can try again. You could have a daughter, take her to Lotte World, teach her ballet and protect her from guys who might hurt her. It isn't the end yet Jongin. You could still achieve a happy family."

Jongin just stared at him.

"Don't worry, when I win this case, you and Krystal could start over. Build the family you once lost; regain the feelings that bothered you. It was never too late for you Jongin, never."

How about you then?

Jongin's throat was itchy to ask Kyungsoo something but instead, he chose not to. He bit his lower lip and tried to control himself.

"I wish that." He replied thriftily avoiding Kyungsoo's sad eyes. How can he say that?

From afar, Sehun could see how the awkwardness is enveloping the two.He walked towards their table with the waiter and placed their order on the table. Jongin's mouth almost watered from the sight. It's been a long time since he ate chicken and this was indeed a delight. 8 beers were placed on top of the table and Kyungsoo thought that it's too much. He knows that he has a high alcohol tolerance but once he's into alcohol, he might not control himself.

 

--

 

"We met with Yoona a few moments ago and Kyungsoo's building up his theories. May we ask where your sister is?" Sehun asked while nibbling on a drumstick. Kyungsoo restrained himself to drink another bottle. It was his 2nd bottle and it was going well for his system. Meanwhile Jongin already finished the large plate of chicken and drank a bottle of beer.

"Hi Yeon noona?" Jongin asked like it's a secret that he doesn't want to be exposed. "I have no idea."

"We would like to talk to her. We need to talk to everyone concerning Soo Jung." Kyungsoo continued what Sehun meant. "She's on our list."

"Hi Yeon noona once had a contact with Krystal but I didn't know if they're talking up to now."

Kyungsoo grabbed the bottle of beer but due oil, it almost slipped out of his hands, having his shirt quite soaked. Sehun hissed and Jongin immediately grabbed his handkerchief and arrowed it to Kyungsoo.

But it was already too late.

"Yah, I don't want to get soaked too." Sehun warned as he wiped off Kyungsoo's shirt. Kyungsoo squirmed uncontrollably from Sehun's touch. "Y-Yah, I can do it myself."

Jongin clenched his fists, wrinkling the handkerchief and returning it back to his pocket. Kyungsoo shoved Sehun's hand, "I think I'm good."

Sehun grinned, "You're a shy type hyung."

"Shut up."

"Are you?"

"You're drunk!"

Jongin got a great view of the two bickering and hissing. It annoyed him a bit. How are they so comfortable with each other? Do they know each other this deep now?

Kyungsoo got his daggers stabbing Sehun who was terribly laughing and faced Jongin, "Please, can I have her contact number? We can go by tomorrow so we can quicken the court proceedings. Our evidences aren't that strong yet because we lack information plus new leads are popping out of nowhere. Didn't Kris notice that?"

Kris was Krystal's former lawyer, "Nope, he told us that it was Krystal who did the murder. He gave up."

Sehun shook his head, "That's not very nice, accusing your client."

"He backed out when we were going to the trial. He told me that Krystal's stories were not that convincing. Basically, I wasted money on him."

Kyungsoo nodded and drank another glass of beer. When he was about to pour another, Sehun grabbed his hand and Jongin's. "Can we just for this night just enjoy ourselves? You know that it's so stressful working. Let's just have fun tonight shall we?" Sehun informed the two and raised the hands while holding a glass of beer,

"Let's say Happy Birthday to you Kim Jongin! Geonbae!"

Kyungsoo shrugged, alcohol kicking in, "Geonbae!" He shouts. Going with the flow and trying to let Sehun's words sink in. "Geonbae!" Jongin smiled and the three drank their beers, bottoms up.

--

"Hyung hyung!" Sehun called out, his eyes puffy. "What do you call a snail on the road?"

Kyungsoo shook his head but laughed, "What?" He was now getting drowsy but he couldn't stop himself drinking. The strong taste of beer is just too good that it was leveling up his hype.

"Nothing! Just a snail! It's just on the road!"

Kyungsoo laughed hard and Jongin snickered from the sight of the two hitting each other with pathetic low laughs. "You two are drunk."

"We're not, you are." Sehun opposed and pointed Jongin, "If you are to be an animal---"

"You're lame!" Kyungsoo butted in and stood up from his seat. He crossed the table and lazily grabbed Jongin's wrist, "Hey, Let's try the Noraebang!" Before Jongin could reply, he was getting dragged by Kyungsoo towards the Karaoke room. Sehun hastily followed but his direction was headed to the girl's bathroom."

--

"You look like an owl." Kyungsoo chuckled and pointed Sehun's nose instead of his eyes. Sehun was hit by a girl's bag after he went inside the girls bathroom. Luckily, the guard noticed the commotion. Sehun groaned and shoved Kyungsoo's hand away, "Go away! I'm singing!"

They both sang a song entitled Let me Love you but they sang with incoherent words, swaying and groggy voices. The song even changed and they still sang that like mad men. "Yah yah! The lyrics are already changed!" Jongin shouted and pointed the screen. He hated the fact that he's the only one sober since he wanted to be drunk too to forget his problems. He lengthened his patience. Having two drunk companies aren't the best people to be with, it could sometimes be troublesome. Sehun laughed and clapped like a retarded seal while Kyungsoo squinted his eyes, trying to read the lyrics.

"I'M A MOTHERING STAR BOY!"

"What the hell! You're drunk!" Sehun told Kyungsoo and threw him a pillow.

"DON'T YOU GIVE UP NANANANANANANANANA~"

"WE WON'T GIVE UP, ON US! EVEN IF THE STARS GET ROUGH---"

"Okay okay, stop now." Jongin reminded the two who are lazily swinging their hips and Jongin could see how close they are now with each other. He shook his head; Sehun was now grabbing Kyungsoo's hair, having the smaller facing him; lips almost touching as Sehun sang disjointed lyrics.Kyungsoo stared at Sehun's eyes but for a second he was already pulled away from Sehun and due his jelly arms, he collided with Jongin's hard chest.

"Hyung stop it." Jongin warned.

Kyungsoo stepped away, "What? I'm having fun."

"Too much fun." Jongin gritted his teeth. Something bugging his system but he convinced himself that maybe it's just alcohol. Kyungsoo tried to find something through his voice but due the strong hit of beer, he couldn't differentiate it.

He tried dragging Kyungsoo out of the Noraebang but the older refused. He glanced at his watch and shrugged, It's 1:30 in the morning. He saw Lei from afar. As much as he wanted to leave Kyungsoo inside the room, he couldn't.

, who knows what might happen?

Instead he carried Kyungsoo and placed him on his back as he walked out of the Noraebang room. He called Lei and kneel, using all his might. "Lei, take care of your brother okay? But don't get too close, he's drunk. And I'll borrow your brother's car first okay?"

"He's always drunk." Lei responds then yawns. "But that guy is also drunk."

Jongin smiled and ruffled Lei's hair. "That's why I'm taking care of him."

Jongin then stood up and headed towards Sehun's car. He placed a safety belt around Kyungsoo and fixed his head. "How come you're a hard drinker hyung?" Jongin asked Kyungsoo but the other boy was too drowsy to get his mind straight.

Or that's what Jongin thought.

He boarded the car and started the engines. Since he doesn't know where Kyungsoo's apartment is, he decided to bring him home. Kyungsoo tried to stay awake, he opened both of his eyes and tried recognizing the road.

When Jongin switched lanes, that's when he recognized a landmark. He cleared his throat,

"N-No..."

Jongin kept his eyes on the road.

"N-No---"

Jongin smiled and thought that Kyungsoo was dreaming. "Hyung, are you dreaming about those dinosaurs again?" He snickered due that certain memory. When it was the first time Kyungsoo fell asleep with him, he noticed that early in the morning, Kyungsoo was shaking and twitching and when he asked in the morning, Kyungsoo told that he dreamt of a dinosaur, chasing him.

"P-Please No..."

Kyungsoo pleaded and tried tapping Jongin's shoulder. "Not at your h-house."

Jongin's eyebrows furrowed. He glanced at Kyungsoo and saw that Kyungsoo's trying to point the road. "T-Turn at that alley and g-go to the village near t-the face shop. We're near t-there."

"Hyung, Baekhyun might be asleep—"

"Please..." Kyungsoo pleads once more. He doesn't like the idea of Jongin bringing him to the house that he and Krystal shared. It pained him being there that he'd rather sleep on the streets. It will just feel like a complete smack on the face that he lost everything. He admitted that he seemed to be drunk but he can still think a bit straight. Jongin was confused but he obeyed the older. When they reached Kyungsoo's apartment, he stepped out of the car but was surprised when Kyungsoo already got out. "Hyung! Wait! I'll assist you!"

Jongin looked around but Kyungsoo was nowhere.

His eyes grew big and tried finding Kyungsoo but he was shocked to have a pair of petite arms encircling his waist. Kyungsoo buried his head on Jongin's chest and tried listening to his heartbeat. He can also hear his own pleading ragged breaths. 

He hugged him so tightly but Jongin wasn't hugging back.

Is that hard to return it?

"H-Hyung---"

"Why can't you hug me back?" Jongin was startled when he felt his shirt is getting soaked. "Even at this time I couldn't have you? Your mind still worries for her? We were happy right? We were. Why jongin, what did I do worst? Was it always me? W-Was it entirely m-my fault?"

Is Kyungsoo okay?

Is Kyungsoo sane?

Jongin got his right arm slowly trying to envelop Kyungsoo.

No Jongin, stop. It isn't right. You're hurting him more.

His arm stopped midway Kyungsoo's back and he shrugged.

"Hyung stop."

"P-Please listen t-to me. Listen to me."

"Stop."

"How can I?" Kyungsoo responds like a lazy boyfriend. He buried his head more on Jongin's chest, trying to find that comfort that Jongin had a few years ago. "Jongin, I've missed you so much. Can't you be mine for just this night? Can't we be just for once?" He asks mindlessly. His tears are still hardly flowing down his cheeks and his vision was spinning but he doesn't care. What he cares about is that the fact that Jongin is here even if it's a dream. "I'm sorry Jongin, if that's what you want. I'm sorry, comeback to me---give me another chance. P-Please."

"Hyung you're drunk." Jongin deadpanned and gently tried to get Kyungsoo away from his waist. Kyungsoo was slightly shaking from the cold but he doesn't bother.

"If I say that I'm not drunk, would you hug me back?" His voice was breaking. Jongin doesn't reply. He felt that his tongue is entangled from words made from guilt.

"Would you tell me, "Kyungsoo, I missed you too. I missed you so m-much."

Jongin looked down. He doesn't know what to exactly feel while Kyungsoo only knew one certain feeling that's been enveloping him, sadness.

The scene looked so pathetic but he doesn't mind. Tonight might be his last chance. Even though it looked wrong, he wanted to be selfish just for once. Be wrong for once.

"Would we at least go back to the days wherein you loved me?"

"Hyung, please stop." Jongin told him hardly but Kyungsoo didn't hear any irritation from his voice.

"Won't it hurt to say a proper goodbye?"

That's it.

"Stop." Jongin muttered and harshly grabbed Kyungsoo's arm. Kyungsoo protested and even hugged him tighter.

"I won't." Kyungsoo was now crying, it reached his limit. "I won't. Just let me be happy. Just let me be happy for at least 10 seconds. Let's just stay like this for a moment. And I'll bring this for the rest of my life." Kyungsoo breathes out, "Please."

Jongin doesn't oblige anymore. He let Kyungsoo soak his shirt with sincere tears. He lets Kyungsoo get the happiness he wanted.

Hyung, I'm sorry.

He wanted to tell it.

He wanted to.

But he can't.

"Set me free." Kyungsoo whispered, barely audible.

He smiled inwardly after discovering that maybe the warmth had already gone, "I get jongin. Thank you." Then his grip falters from Jongin's waist. He wiped his tears away from his face and Jongin's heart softens when he saw Kyungsoo's innocent face. Kyungsoo was now getting dizzier but he chose to give Jongin a hearty smile, his eyes forming into crescents. "We were happy right?"

Or maybe we were too young to realize that. Kyungsoo told himself, trying to convince himself.

"Yes." Jongin responds, finally letting go. "We were."

Hyung, I love you but I can't, we can't go back anymore. It's not because of soo jung; it's because you don't deserve an like me.

No matter how you try to save the good old times, it wouldn't work. And the only right thing left to do is to break away and let go to prove them how much pain you're willing to take just to make them happy.

 

---