8.3

The Last Fight | kaisoo

I'll just give you an overview of my Kaisoo stories that are both upcoming and are already on-going! I hope ya'll give it a try if it is worth a try.

On-Going:

The Last Fight ; lawyer & ex au

Run ; spy & criminal au

Easel amnesiac & blind au

Upcoming:

Stiches ; jongin dived into memories of euphoria while kyungsoo drowned from the painful nostalgias.

Dancing with Fire ; in which kyungsoo is an ex-convict who is trying to make an infamous and quirky gangster to behave.

Dead Leaves ; an in famous bully falls for a suicidal goth boy.

 Comments are appreciated!

;

"So where are you headed to? I can give you a ride." Jessica asks while applying lip balm on her lips. Jongin wiped a small stain of ketchup from his lips and pressed it into a thin line, eyes also smiling. They were both having a delightful dinner at one of the newest burger towns in Seoul. Jongin had to admit, it's a delight to hang out with Jessica since they were both busy.

"Nah noona, I think its okay." Jongin replied and crumpled the tissue on his palm. "Besides, I can take a bus. I've still got to attend to some business matters."

Jessica snickered and grabbed her purse, "I'm really glad that you're coming back to the Jongin I've met before." She gave him another hearty smile. "It's been a while since you've focused on your job since you're so busy with Soo Jung. You wanted me to tell Tyler to advertise the latest projects of your team?"

Jongin bit his lower lip and stretched. "Uh...I s it okay noona?"

"Of course! I could always help you and Soo Jung. Your projects deserve to grow and be recognized by the public."

And with that, Jongin cannot thank her enough. "But did I really change that much?"

Jessica tapped her fingers on the table, her newly polished nails gliding along the smooth velvet surface.

"You've always been frowning and problematic Kai but now, I don't see that man anymore. You should smile often and don't hurt yourself." Jessica advised. Jongin was about to answer but the elder had cut him off, "Do you really trust Kyungsoo that much?"

"H-Huh?"

"I mean..." Jessica realized that she was regretting the question but furthermore, she can't back out. Sometimes, people just have to be blunt and honest rather than always bathing other people to lie. Because lying can just delay a few feelings if the truth wasn't discovered but once it's exposed, it will hurt too much. "With our past lawyer Kris, you've been really really doubtful of him but I see now, when Kyungsoo started to handle the case, you've learned to smile again."

Jongin sighed. He doesn't know if what Jessica was telling was the truth after all that had happened but what was bugging him is that what made her think that way? She barely knew the truth around them. "I've really got no idea about the smile but I think you're right." Jongin twisted the fork around the plate. "I trust Kyungsoo."

"I can see that."

"Hyung doesn't give up on someone that easily. He will fight and fight for it but----" Jongin paused.

Jessica noticed his hesitations. "But he fought for the wrong person?" Her stares had a meaning and it urged Jongin to confess. Jongin knew that many had been asking him round and round questions regarding Kyungsoo and sometimes his answers are vague but he knew to himself that there was one answer and that one answer was something that could make others to realize Kyungsoo and his position and for him to be at peace.

"Do you miss him?" She leaned on the backrest. "Or the memories?"

Jongin sighed for the second time and nodded. "Maybe the memories or maybe the way he smiles. That smile who would extend from his ears to his eyes, his lovely chuckle but I've hurt him and promised him. I'm worthless. I know they say that even if I had broken his heart for so many times, I could also be the one to mend it. Seeing our positions now, I think I don't have the rights to enter his life anymore. I'm not the hero noona, I'm that insensitive villain."

"I'm so sorry if I'm asking these questions too. I know that by far you're tired but we just can't help it but to think if both of you are okay."

"I k-know."

"Well Jongin, all I can tell you is that when there is someone out there who already had his eyes for Kyungsoo. Make sure to talk to that guy and tell him all the wonders that Kyungsoo has. Tell him to not break Kyungsoo's heart like you did and tell him that Kyungsoo isn't someone to be toyed around. If he hesitates, break that bastard's face!" Jessica laughed at the end of her sentence making Jongin much more comfortable.

"We're all villains of our kind Jongin," Jessica stood up. "We just need to learn on how to control our demons in order for us to not badly hurt someone."

--

 

"So, you're really not coming?" Jessica asked while fumbling with her keys inside her bag. Jongin opened the door for her, "I told you, I need to seal something."

"Aww," Jessica hoots. "I've got a close friend of mine that wanted a vacation house in Daegu though. I should recommend you. Can you still handle her?"

Jongin put his elbow on the car's door. "I'm handling my past clients after my hiatus. Maybe I could pass that project to Chanyeol." Jongin shuts the door. "What's the client's name though?"

"Her name's Seohyun. I'll just email her to contact Chanyeol. Thanks for today Jonginie!"

When the engines started, Jongin parted away from the car and waved her goodbye. People like her are the reasons that Jongin is still trying to cope up although he knew that he had many sins. They are still there for him and Jongin simply wanted to slap himself for taking advantage of others. He hated his old self and he wanted to start new.

"Okay, here I go Zitao." Jongin walked out of the parking lot and called for a taxi.

--

"I've reviewed the crime scene pictures; make sure that those will get sent to Junmyeon." Tao told the newest police at their team who is named bambam. Bambam didn't comply and happily checked on some folders to do his work. Zitao sat on his swivel chair and slowly spun it while closing his eyes to step away from stress. After Soo Jung's trial, he had tons to do.

He knew that he was stressed and wasted but he knew that he will never grow tired of his job. It was something that he studied to accomplish and it was something that no one can back out.

Zitao hummed a few lyrics of a Chinese Song before he felt that his swivel chair stopped at a certain direction. He opened his eyes and found Jongin.

"Yah, you almost scared me."

"You don't look scared." Jongin deadpanned and looked around at the busy corners of Seoul's district station.

"What is it Jongin?"

Jongin crossed his arms. "I need detective Kim's number to keep track." He lazily brushed his hair. "Also, since you're my client. Your small bungalow had an improvement. It just needed a few budget on the roof and it's all done."

Tao gave him a grin before passing him a small card. "Whoa, it's been a while Engr. Kim. Your apprentice Jimin called to me about that. I'll give it a visit if I am not busy."

"You will never be spaced."

"Oh I will be----" Tao stopped when his phone rang. He asked Jongin to wait for a second when he heard a groan from the other side. The voice was not stable and it looked like the person behind it was breathless. "H-Help." It whispered.

Zitao raised an eyebrow and gave the caller's number a quick glance. To his surprise, it wasn't saved at his contacts that got him curious. "Hello?"

He didn't receive a reply.

"What's it?" Jongin asked.

Zitao told him to shut up since he was not helping. "Hello? Who's this? How'd you get my number?" Zitao knew that there were a bunch of prank callers targeting random phone numbers around Seoul. They were targeting those pranksters ever since but still they've got to release a few of them since they were not of legal age.

The caller wasn't even answering.

"Aish, seriously. I've changed my number three times already! Don't tell me I've got sasaengs."

"Don't be too much confident." Jongin's sassy reply got Tao frowning. Tao gazed at his phone's screen and reviewed the number. "006 at the end? So ****-006. Hah! I'll list you to the wanted list and I'll get you in jail. Ya'll wasting my time."

Jongin looked weary, "W-Wait, those numbers. Can you show me?"

"Go ahead." Tae answered and shoved Jongin his phone. With a quick scan of the number, Jongin's heart suddenly raced.

"I-It's Kyungsoo's number."

"What?" Tao's forehead ceased. "Are you even sure?"

"Y-Yes. He doesn't change numbers."

"Maybe Sehun gave him my number." Tao placed the phone against his ears and tried to make a conversation. "Kyungsoo? Kyungsoo hello? Hey, the signal can't be that bad."

"What's he said?"

"Shhh! Wait kyungsoo why ar---hyung! ! What happened to you! Please call an ambulance! hyung don't close your eyes!" Tao's eyes widened from the serious conversation. He heard someone's familiar voice that was shouting and voice that was almost breaking.

"K-Kyung---"

"H-Hyung! Please don't---open your eyes again hyung. You can't---the ambulance is here!"

"No..." Tao realized that it was farther away from a prank call. He immediately turned to Jongin. "Jongin, I think something bad happened to Kyungsoo." Tao ended the call.

Jongin scratched his nape. "W-What?"

"I-I heard Sehun crying, telling Kyungsoo to not close his eyes."

"What do you even mean!?" Jongin raised his voice.

--

 

"B-Baek?" Kyungsoo shot his eyes wide open when he saw a woman with some nurse. The nurse grinned devilishly while fumbling with an injection. A woman smiled at him sweetly and told the nurse incoherent words. What happened next was beyond of what happened next. "K-Kyungsoo----" He heard Baekhyun gasping for air when he saw some random nurse trying to choke his bestfriend.

"N-No!" Kyungsoo shouted but his body suddenly twisted in pain when the nurse suddenly injected something against his skin. The pain was scorching and it was of what nothing Kyungsoo can tolerate anymore.

"S-Stop."

"Goodluck to you." The woman whispered and then placed her hands around Kyungsoo's neck. "Die Kyungsoo! Kyungsoo!" She shouted and choked him until he was red and air couldn't pass through his throat.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Kyungsoo!"

Kyungsoo felt his body treble in fear as his eyes shot wide open and he assumed in a sitting position. Sehun stopped reading the newspaper and ran towards kyungsoo's position who was crying and clutching his stomach. Sehun panicked that the stitches on his abdomen would rip open.


"B-Baek! Baek!" Kyungsoo was shouting while his tears ran endlessly like a parade down his cheeks. Sehun gave Kyungsoo a big hug to calm the elder down. "Calm down! Calm down Kyung."

"Baekhyun! Baekhy---" Kyungsoo stopped when Sehun's hug got tighter.

"Shhh, it's a dream. Calm down." Sehun comforted and caressed Kyungsoo's back worriedly. "It's only a dream okay? Baekhyun's fine next room. Chanyeol's with him." Sehun released himself from the hug and cupped Kyungsoo's face, wiping his tears off. "You're in reality. Baekhyun's fine so please Soo, don't cry."

But it even urged Kyungsoo to cry harder. "Y-You liar! B-Baek's not---"

"Okay, I am a liar as you can say but Baek's really okay. You wanna go and see him?"

Kyungsoo nodded, his lips forming into a pout because of the heavy feelings inside his chest. He hated that nightmare! How dare it haunt him!

"Okay Soo but you've got to promise me that you'll stay strong for him okay?"

"H-He's not in the ICU?"

"Not anymore."

"I-I don't know if I can do it."

Sehun stared at his eyes. "You're a strong person Kyungsoo and I bet Baekhyun wanted that too." Sehun doesn't want to show Baekhyun already but he knew that the lawyer's curiosity could always go beyond.

Kyungsoo gathered himself and ordered Sehun to get a wheelchair. Sehun ran towards the nurse's station to ask if Kyungsoo's okay to roam around but the nurse warned him to be as gentle as possible since Kyungsoo's wounds are still fresh.

Sehun assisted the lawyer to sit on the wheelchair. It was uncomfortable for Kyungsoo but he kept the pain for himself to see Baekhyun. Sehun strolled him towards the other room and found Chanyeol slicing some apples. His pocket vibrated, Sehun's mom was calling again.

"K-Kyung!" Chanyeol mused. "You're o-okay! You're awake Oh god!" Chanyeol walked towards Kyungsoo and gave him a peck on the forehead. "! I'm sorry I was just so busy at work. I-I didn't protect both of you."

Kyungsoo doesn't want to remember that fast of that night but he didn't want Chanyeol to blame himself and be helpless. "C-Chanyeol, it's not your fault."

"I-I'm such a er!" Chanyeol clenched his fists, his eyes getting watery. "I-If only I stayed then I-I would've protect---"

"Yeol, don't accuse yourself of a sin that you didn't commit." Kyungsoo gave Chanyeol as small reassuring smile to have Chanyeol collect himself. He doesn't want Chanyeol to quit just because of things like this. Everyone knew that what happened might not be intentional.

"Y-Yeol how's B-Baek?" Kyungsoo's gaze reached baekhyun. The smurf had his eyes closed, lips dry and parted, a bandage wrapped around his head and hands on his sides, not even moving.

Kyungsoo almost broke down from what he saw.

--

"These oranges are good for your stamina." Sehun suggested and shoved Kyungsoo three oranges. Kyungsoo rolled his eyes and shoved those back to Sehun. "Peel it for me!"

"You're so whiny. Your hand isn't broken." Sehun teased and Kyungsoo swore that if it isn't for his stitches, he would've fed Sehun a whole orange.

It's been a day since he woke up and things aren't getting any better.

Sehun smirked and grabbed an orange, peeling it.

"How many days am I not unconscious?"

"Two."

"What about the court? T-The trial---"

Sehun shut him up, "Kyungsoo please worry about yourself first before others. You're hurt too okay? You've been in a fatal situation so please stop worrying about work." Sehun's eyes are full of concern.

Kyungsoo heaved a sigh. "B-But I can't leave it hanging---"

"Please Soo," Sehun's sincere gazes are confusing Kyungsoo. "Learn to worry about yourself."

Kyungsoo pursed his mouth and looked down. He can't help it but to worry about his priorities rather than his work. He had lived like that because the last time he worried about himself, his thoughts didn't even make him sleep. It was just too conceited for him.

Wanting to divert the topic, Kyungsoo scanned the whole room. His gaze came into halt when he saw a pot of a small sunflower. Kyungsoo averted his gaze from it. "Who placed a sunflower here? Who gave this?" He hated it.

Sehun just smiled. His phone vibrating.

"Augh." Kyungsoo groaned not wanting that certain memory of Jongin flood his mind.

 

 

 

"Sunflowers? But why?"

Jongin grinned and pat Kyungsoo's head. "It just reminds me of you. Sunny, bright and makes my worries go away."

"So other flowers reminds you of other girls?" Kyungsoo crossed his arms. "Beautiful, sophisticated---"

"Don't get jealous. You're the most special flower." Jongin gave him a wink.

"Hah," Kyungsoo huffed but rather accepted the flower, even smelling it. "How cliché of your words. I could write down what you're going to reply."

"My boyfriend's such a jealous type!" Jongin giggled and wrapped an arm around Kyungsoo's shoulder.

 

 

 

 

"Who gave this? Or is this an ornament?"

Sehun shrugged and fished his phone from his pocket. "Don't mind it hyung. Let me take this call by the way."

Kyungsoo frowned from the prosecutor's absence but he didn't protest.

Meanwhile, Sehun sighed before taking the call. "Mom, I'm really busy. You've been calling me since yesterday, what is it that you wanted to tell me---"

"It's about your father." His mother silently replied.

Sehun tensed from what he heard. He caressed his forehead. "M-Mom, let's not talk about that---"

"N-No, we need to talk about it." His mother urged. "H-he....He wanted to say sorry Sehun. H-He wanted to c-comeback---"

"For what?" Sehun couldn't help it but to his. His anger was rising making him ball his fists. Talking about his father was such a sensitive topic. He hated the man. He loathed his own father for being such a douche and leaving Lei and his mother for money and women. Hurtful words always thrown and recycled.

"Sehun he's your father."

"Mom, please don't. He has talked you that a few years ago right? But only to steal our loans!"

"Those are his too!"

"Mom please! Please just, don't believe him anymore." Sehun raised his voice. His breath getting ragged because of anger. "M-Mom he left us like we're excess baggage in his life. Cursed us like we're trash! He even told you to abort Lei!"

"Sehun stop!" His mother hissed making him grunt. Sehun's memories are slowly getting flooded by the horrible past. "H-He's sick. He's changed---"

"Changed? How do you say that? That man cannot change! Don't believe his lies! He just wanted someone since no one would take him after all his sins! He's an underworld creature!"

"Sehun he's your father! Please son just understand him. It would be better for us---"

"No mom. It's better off without him. Where was he when we struggled for money? Where was he when it stormed so hard that you got sick for three weeks? Where was he in times we needed him?" Sehun was at the brink of crying.

"Come home and I'll make you understand. He loves you Sehun."

Bull. "Love is very easy to say when you need something. It's because we're easily swayed since we treat love as a powerful word. We tend to believe and give in everything without weighing things." Sehun muttered, a tear ran down his cheek but he easily wiped it.

"It's because love is powerful." Sehun's mom answered back. "Even if it hurts us, it helps us to forgive. Just come home son, he wanted to see you."

Sehun doesn't answer and instead waited for his mother to hang up. His chest was overflowing with emotions and he just wanted to be angry, shout at the world and tell the world how selfish it is. With a dash of regret and solitude, Sehun went back to Kyungsoo's room, spaced out and gloomy.

Kyungsoo noticed this after fixing his pillow. He had never saw Sehun like this before.

Sehun picked up the other two oranges and peeled them for Kyungsoo with no words.

"Y-Yah," Kyungsoo called out. "You okay?"

"Yeah." Sehun mindlessly said without even giving Kyungsoo a glance. He kept thinking about his father and it was hurting him.

"Liar." Kyungsoo exhaled. "I know you're not, stop acting like a girl."

As much as Sehun wanted to bear it alone, he wanted to know some answers. He stopped peeling the last orange and asked with his bland voice, "Soo..."

"Eo?"

"If Jongin would come back to you, beg on his knees to have you forgive him and cry that he wanted to be forgiven and be with you, would you forgive him?"

Kyungsoo's throat ran dry from his question.

"H-How can you forgive that one person that you knew and you've shared happy memories with who sinned against you, hurt you in the most fatal way as possible? H-How do you e-even t-try f-facing that person?"

Kyungsoo's heart grew sad and confused when he saw that Sehun was tearing up, he orange being squished.

"H-How c-can you f-forgive Soo? He hurt y-you so much? Can you just forgive and f-forget?"

Kyungsoo stared at Sehun helplessly since his questions are also a mystery to him. Sehun wiped his tears harshly and placed the peeled orange on the small table. "F-Forget what I said...Eat it---"

"Sehun," Kyungsoo murmured unknown of what to do but he wasn't going to back out either. His mind was telling otherwise. "I don't know what to say but," Kyungsoo smiled weakly. "Can we figure out the answer together?" Kyungsoo gave Sehun a sincere gaze. 

Realizing that they were indeed at the same page, Sehun walked towards Kyungsoo and engulfed him into a warm and soft embrace.

--

#BTSBBMAs