9.3

The Last Fight | kaisoo

 

 

I am changing Sehun from 'prosecutor' to a 'police of a higher rank' since his character here is so wrong lol im

Warning: Long Chapter & seoulchonew's not yet a master of Legal fiction and such so sorry for some errors. I did only a few researches so I know that I will have mistakes. Aja!

Ofc, please do comment. It's okay to not vote tbh. I know it's very simple to just read this offline and just proceed but I just really wanted to hear from you, please please before I end this.

Ps: I know that most of ya'll aren't fond of sesoo but there's kaisoo at the last two chaps too. Please bear in mind the plot, not just the pairing.

Posting this on Wattpad, Ao3, LJ and Aff. ©Seoulchonew

;;;

Son, can you go home today? Sent: 9:36 am

Sehun grunted from an additional text that he received not too long after another message. He feels like he was committed into some prank that he discreetly disgusted and that every time he thinks about it, it sends him into a whirlpool of remorse. He gradually palmed his face before pressing the delete button and continued arranging Soo Jung's papers to neatly present and file it again at the court.

Kyungsoo stops writing a report after hearing a broke man's groan from the other side of the table. His eyes easily shifted to Sehun, who's busy arranging the papers while holding a can of beer.

He shrugged at the moment and just observed the Officer.

As much of Kyungsoo wanted to ignore him, he just couldn't. He felt like the negative energy is just loitering around and stopping time. With that, he stood from his seat and snatched Sehun's can of beer.

"You can't stop me." The tone in Sehun's reply was empty. Kyungsoo huffs a breath and chuckles afterward. He positioned the mouth of the can onto his lips before the series of alcoholic drink pours down into his throat.

"Seriously?" Sehun flicked his tongue and tried to filch the beer from the lawyer. "I told you, don't drink. You still have that one meeting with the detective before the case starts tomorrow." He went on stealing the can but Kyungsoo shot him a bland look.

"I'm not stopping you in drowning your liver in alcohol. I'm just taking this for myself."

"Don't drink." Sehun disregarded but Kyungsoo shook his head and laid his left hand in front of Sehun, much to the Officer's confusion. Sehun slapped his hand away and vowed to seize the can of beer from him.

"Give me your phone." Kyungsoo's voice had that sense of authority that made Sehun give him a suspicious look.

"And why is that you're bothering my privacy?"

"It's your father right?"

Sehun knew how much that topic irks him. "Tch, you sound like a boyfriend."

"Why are you ignoring his texts?"

From this sudden mention, Sehun sighed and scratched his forehead. "It's nothing. Now, go away." Kyungsoo was forced to get the phone, "Hand it to me." But then again, his hand was swatted away.

"Soo, my phone is not part of that goddamned case." This is also the bad side of Kyungsoo, it's just because he's very inquisitive. He can't make up boundaries. He can't stop himself to involve in such situation and such quality was already present ever since he was young.

"Kyungsoo, I can handle this alone. Is this how you make friends? You check their phones to know each other?" Sehun reasoned fairly enough but Kyungsoo's stubbornness can be compared to a child.

Kyungsoo had enough. He placed the can of beer on the table and cornered Sehun. "Why do you keep ignoring the old man? I thought you already forgave him?" He questioned but Sehun pushed their distances away with a soft laugh.

"You sound like that friend who's telling me that I have to reply to my clingy girlfriend."

"I doubt that." Kyungsoo grabbed a seat near Sehun and still went on the issue. He doesn't know why he's fairly interested in this but he felt like there was something he could do to solve it. It has always been like this. Sometimes, it becomes a habit. "You're not ignoring him because you're still mad, you're just still hurt. You're denying it that you missed him."

"Wow," Sehun threw him an annoyed look. Kyungsoo noticed that the subject was just very sensitive because Sehun's mood shifted a lot. "So you know me now?"

Kyungsoo noticed the sudden temper swing that got him taken aback. "Am I really going to deal with this cold guy in front of me?"

There was a pause in between the gulp of air.

"I-I," Kyungsoo hesitates to whisper his name. He grew a little bit perturbed that even the sounds of their breaths are annoying. Kyungsoo balled his fists. "I am asking you a question Sehun. I'm j-just t-trying to help. I just feel like you're miles away from me since you knew my problems but why do you isolate yours from me? You let me sleep inside your house. You tolerate my persistence. You presented to be my friend. I couldn't pay you money so I just thought that maybe I can give you simple advices to help you get your mind cleared."

"I'm sorry." Sehun's heart softened from the lawyer's words but it didn't stop his mouth from mumbling too far. "But like some of your cases, I wanted this one on my own. To be confidential, just let me sort this out. It's not your problem Soo, it was never yours. I can just Thank you for the concern."

Kyungsoo flicked his tongue, not giving up but still upset. He feels like he's an open book, his issues known by everyone like a global star. His privacy was many times invaded by Oh Sehun due some events. "It's not because it's confidential, it's just because you don't trust me."

Sehun was taken aback by his words. Hell bent flares are from a straight glare. "Why reasoning out to help when you can't even help yourself and dissolve your own issue with him? You can't even fix yourself! You don't even know how to put yourself up first!"

All Kyungsoo could do is scoff, "This isn't about me Oh Sehun, this is all about you!"

"Then this conversation is about us!" He shot back. "We're nearly at the same problem and we know that we don't know each other yet to give a full trust. We might hang but it's not like I am that full time friend. I wasn't right?" Sehun gazed directly at his eyes, "Then did you forgive Kim Jongin? The last time I asked, you didn't answer me."

Kyungsoo felt like he's stuck in seconds.

"See? You can't answer still." Sehun grabbed his wrist gently. "I am not forcing you to tell me okay?" His manners rose above his emotions. There's no point in being angry. "I will not demand you for anything Kyungsoo because I know you have walls; we both have raised our guard up." He heaves a sigh and let go of Kyungsoo's wrist, the latter's eyes following every move. "Time can solve two broken people."

And with that, Sehun leaves with his phone.

But a few steps away, Kyungsoo's voice can be heard. There's something in his voice that Sehun wasn't expecting.

"Then after the case, let's be true friends. I'll be by your side like how I did with Baekhyun. I'll tell you advices that you need. I'll eat oranges and donuts with you, Officer. Don't make us distant anymore."

Sehun doesn't turn his back to face Kyungsoo, he just secretly smiles while whispering an inaudible, "Who says that I'll let you go?"

---

Let it be the last trial.

Yoona stops applying perfume on her neck as she studies herself at the mirror. All of fond memories came crashing into her brain like waves hitting the sea shore. They were all being refracted by the light and there's still something heavy inside Yoona's chest.

She thinks of the times wherein Soo Jung would hug her and comfort her since her other friends are being such a plastic.

She's thought of the times when Sir Lee gave her the grandest birthday and made her feel like his true daughter.

It cannot be back since she was blinded by guilt.

And she's still staying at his house, where he died and did her error.

"Yoona," She talks to herself. "You can't give up okay? You c-can't just—" She stops for a moment, tears are threatening her mascara. "They're not going to find out."

She dries back her snuffle and grabbed her most expensive lipstick. She, using the lipstick, drew a big letter X on the mirror signifying that whatever happens, she will forever be at fault.

She exits her room and was shocked when Jiseok greeted her from the hallway. "S-Seokkie—" Was Taemin here?

Jiseok gave her a small beam and arrowed her cherry lollipop. "Taemin hyung said that you might be lonely, I think I can see that. Do you cry a lot noona?"

No makeup can cover her now.

Yoona bends down to level Jiseok, accepting the lollipop. "Seokkie, What if—" She pauses and swallows a big lump stuck at . "What will you do if you find out that someone you trusted is bad?"

Jiseok was utterly confused of the question but due instinct he just felt like he wanted to hug his cousin. He enveloped his tiny arms around her and answered, "People do bad things right noona? I can still forgive that person. Maybe he's just wrong once."

Yoona forbade herself to tear up. Jiseok's hug was such a torture to her feelings.

"You're right," She hugged him tighter. "She's just wrong once Seokkie. I hope you'll forgive her someday."

Taemin only watches from afar.

---

"What do you mean that she doesn't want to see me?" Jongin was awed in disbelief as Tao delivered the news to him, early in the morning. Tao closed the meeting room's door and did a quick raise of his shoulders at Jongin. "She said that she'll just see you at the court though."

"Why? Is she sick?"

Tao shrugs and pushed Jongin away, "Now Kim Kai, you need to exit this room or I'll be really in trouble."

"But Soo Jung—"

"She's fine Jongin," Tao reassures. "You're wife's fine. I know she has reasons for this. Plus, you meet every day."

Jongin waved him off and told him to go out first. Tao gives him a few seconds before waiting outside.

Jongin stares at the other empty side of the room, the glass barrier looking cold and clear.

"You told me last time that I need to be fair right?" Jongin says, clenching his fists. "I'm sorry but I've made a decision now and I never regret anything that had happened between us. You're too daunting to lose Soo Jung. I just wanted you to know that even if the world's turning back against me now, your words would always be my comfort."

He heaves a sigh then is followed by a small grin.

"I'll be with you at the court and I'll trust Kyungsoo for this but whatever verdict it might be, just like what hyung had said; I'll forgive you and come home."

Jongin walks away.

---

"The prosecutor's got a fight." Sehun told Kyungsoo who's tearing a wrapper of a mint candy while waiting for Detective Kim for their evidences. "I don't know how this trial might come out and how Yoona's going to be a convict although, I know you're the mighty Do Kyungsoo."

Kyungsoo elbows the blabbering blonde and just tasted the candy that's refreshing his mouth. "You're so encouraging geez."

"Can you spoil me a bit?" Sehun urged as they wait outside.

"If only jails don't exist, I might've stabbed you to shut up." Kyungsoo's satan mode was already and Sehun could only chuckle. "That's my boy."

Kyungsoo was feeling heavily anxious of today. Minseok, Luhan, Jongdae, Junmyeon, Baekhyun and Chanyeol cheered him up today saying that he'll always be great even if he loses. He was thankful for his friend's support but all he was praying is just for the evidences to fit the crime scene.

After a while, Myungsoo came holding a folder with Soo Jung's name written on it. He laid out every conclusion and evidence they have formed and discussed how Kyungsoo can get the judge convinced. He also applauded Kyungsoo for sticking with the case this far and the three proceeded to the court to put out the battle.

--

The trial starts by the entrance of the jury. Soo Jung sits near the crowd and Seokjin enters. Kyungsoo also stepped inside with Jongin's eyes following him. Hi Yeon comes inside with his husband Wang Suk while Taemin, Yoona and Jiseok came together.

"All rise," Everyone follows. "The court is now in session with the honorable Lee Jin Ki and silence is hereby declared."

Lee Jinki eyes the jury then the defendant before ordering everyone to sit down. "Appearances?"

Seokjin stands up, "For the state your honor."

Kyungsoo also does the same, sparing Jinki a look. "For the accused Your Honor."

"How do you plead?" Dasom, the bailiff asks Kyungsoo. The lawyer kept it like he always does, "Plead not guilty your honor." Soo Jung looks down while Seokjin only side glances Kyungsoo. Hi Yeon sees her husband nod.

As the witnesses were called, Yoona and Jiseok who was also made to take the oath of saying the truth and the truth only.

Kyungsoo heaves a long sigh as Seokjin starts to outline the case after given two minutes. The judge and jury gathered all the facts as the second part of the trial runs. Lee Jinki cross examines both of the lawyer's words for the second time for the alleged crime.

"Seeing that you are classmates with the accused," Seokjin asks his patron, the witness herself, "Can you tell the court how is Jung Soo Jung acting with your uncle those days?"

Yoona raises her chin, "I know that my opinion might be irrelevant to most of you since these are just in the past. Since I'm like a sister to her, she trusted me the most. She would share me stories with no gaps. My uncle had been fairly interested in her since she was one of the fairest in our class. There are some special treatments made for her—" She stops midway when she noticed Kyungsoo's side smirk. She became confused thinking what wrong she said. "My uncle has been fascinated by her character."

The crowd gasps including Jongin and Taemin.

"So there are days where she skipped his class and told me that she just wanted to like keep him out of her line or what."

The crowd buzzed longer that got the judge to hit with his gavel to order silence. Kyungsoo just thought of a reverse psychology when it's his turn.

"And a few years later, did this belief not change?" Seokjin interrogated and Yoona nods. "Since she visits me at our house, her p-perception of him might not change."

"No further questions your honor." Jin goes back at his chair, fixing his collar. Kyungsoo stands up to ease the tension. "May I ask what kind of special treatment my client has received over your uncle?"

Yoona stiffened from the sudden attack but she doesn't let her guard down, "Greetings, u-uhm, some---" She gulps. "more points for recitation, extra credit, food—"

"How did you all learn these by yourself?" Kyungsoo asks but Seokjin raised his hand. "Objection your honor, the question is irrelevant."

"Objection sustained, please rephrase your question." The judge pertained to Kyungsoo. The lawyer could only chew on his inner cheeks but starts anyway. "Your honor, what I meant is that, did Soo Jung claim that these extra good points were bad for her? We all know that there are times, teachers play favoritism in the class. But how deep more can Soo Jung protest to have her get her plan of killing him after a few years? Please explain to the prosecution how Jung Soo Jung was infuriated by little things like this."

Yoona was still taken aback. Hi Yeon darts her eyes at the witness, deciding if she was still to attend the trial.

Yoona felt her tongue twisted, she started mumbling incoherent words as a reply but Do Kyungsoo only gave her a few seconds, "Your honor, may my client answer the question?"

Lee Jinki squints his eyes, "Proceed."

"Soo Jung, the only thing that I can think you'll ever get to be this far is that if Sir Lee, your previous college teacher and the dead man, harassed you. Did things go even beyond that?"

Soo Jung answers Kyungsoo, "N-No." The judge and prosecution tried to find lies. "I was just bothered by how he gives attention more than anyone else. H-He sometimes grabs me all of a sudden but the skin ship weren't that far!"

Seokjin and Jongin nods. Jiseok innocently sinks from his seat. Yoona found her answer extremely helpful to bring her down.

"Can't you just admit it?" Hi Yeon grits her teeth and Wang Suk heard it right. He decides not to ask about it because he might be mishearing things, or not.

"Silence in the court!" Onew hits with his gavel again and the buzzing's volume decreased. Jongin was starting to be helpless.

"I have a question for the witness," Kyungsoo wanted to regain back his strength. "On what grounds do you certify that my client would make it this far? You saw the crime but how was the special treatments and old perceptions related to the murder? Was the time of Jiseok's school activity the perfect timing for it?"

"Objection your honor! The question is misleading!" Seokjin protests but the judge turns him down leaving him to mumble a small .

All eyes were on Yoona, "She might've used the opportunity when it told her to get the car."

"But if she wanted to kill him, don't you think that it was to be made a few years earlier? Soo Jung started to work three years from now and does your uncle still stir her up?"

He received another objection.

"I-I," Yoona doesn't know how to react.

"How about you? What is your relation with your uncle?"

Yoona's brain was bombarded by questions and she doesn't know if she'll keep answering it even if she can't think straight. "Like a father."

"Have you not formed any grudges?"

"None, why would I?" Yoona shot Kyungsoo a sharp glare.

"My client has once told me about your relationship with her and other people," He his lips. "She stated that there has been bad blood going on with you and Sir Lee after his refusal of giving medical support for his sister, your mother."

Gasps were audible inside the courtroom.

"How is that relevant to the case?" Yoona's voice was raised a few pitches higher. Nervousness was seeping inside her especially when Do Kyungsoo walked towards Detective Kim Myungsoo who's beside a long table. "Your Honor, I am not here to point out the true fugitive but rather than to prove that my client is not guilty." He gave Myungsoo a nod.

"Your honor, may I mark the following exhibit as pieces of evidences for the prosecution," He sighed and glanced at the few notes on the table. Kyungsoo fumbled with the very gun, wrapped in a bubble wrapper, that was used in the crime scene. "This is a M45 Pistol."

"Mark it." Onew orders and the bailiff were quick enough.

Beside the gun was the receipt from the previous hearing, a pack of pain killers, few polariod pictures and scribbled notes. Onew eyed them and found something fishy. The last trial he attended, the witness was accused for being wrong. Was the lawyer going to push through it again?

"These might seem familiar to all of you," Kyungsoo tapped his fingers on the table. "This is the receipt of the very same painkillers. These are four Polaroid pictures of the crime scene. And this," He pointed the last thing that Myungsoo agrees on. Sehun nodded. "This is found at the laboratory and this is a record of the autopsy."

The crowd became suspicious and the prosecution was alarmed. Hi Yeon flinched from her seat and glanced at Yoona who was in shock.

"Detective Kim Myungsoo, may you please state the error in this?"

"The autopsy record has the wrong time of death for the body was already dead before he was 'shot'. " Myungsoo announced. "The other crumpled record that was submitted to us without noticing the slipup. The Dead man Sir Lee is has been shot or hit earlier.  We also found out that there was a bruise at the back of his head, his scalp was violet in the thrown autopsy record."

Kyungsoo continued Myungsoo's outline, "Lee Jiseok, would you please stand?"

The boy stands up, clutching both of his fingers together. He was very pressured. "Who saw the crime first?"

Jiseok looked down and Yoona was crazy gripping the edge of her dress. "I-I did." Jiseok tried to gather strength while recalling the horrendous scene.

"You mentioned from the last trial that you saw Soo Jung holding a gun, please can you tell the prosecution on how Soo Jung was at the scene?"

Jiseok scratched his nape while keeping a pout. Tears are b at the edge of his eyes, "I-I went u-up to check on dad that day then I was startled that the door was o-open. Then I—" Jiseok chocked on his sobs. "I saw Soo Jung sitting on the floor, holding the gun. T-Then I called for appa but h-he was bloody. Noona already called for help." He wiped his tears away.

"How is she sitting on the floor Jiseok?"

"S-She I-I, can't remember m-much but she was looking like dizzy. When she saw me she dropped the gun and t-told us that she doesn't know what happened."

Soo Jung nods earnestly.

"Thank You Jiseok." Kyungsoo politely says before turning to Yoona. "As the same witness, was his statement true about Soo Jung?"

Yoona falters, "Y-Yes."

Seokjin stiffened, wanting to speak up. Hi Yeon was practically murmuring things. Jongin nervously bit his lower lip, he was hoping.

"Please do tell more of Jiseok's words about being on the floor, Dizzy and dropping the gun." Kyungsoo taunted.

"It's t-true. Jiseok saw it all first then I called up the authorities." Her guard was beginning to crack.

"Then let me bring you an unfinished question, How did you both arrive to the house? If this is a perfect plan, then I might say that Soo Jung might've sent a message to you saying that there's traffic to cover the crime. Why would she purposely show herself holding the gun? Why did both of you not wait for her despite not getting a text and you," he pointed her. "—even ordering the accused of getting the car? Where are you the past hour Jiseok was alone? Soo Jung was gone ten minutes before you are according to the receipt's claim."

This time, Yoona felt so desperate. The crowd was getting noisier, throwing their opinions at each other. Taemin was looking straight at her like he's very surprised at the twists of events. Hi Yeon's eyes have the reflection of anxiety and anger. It was all down to Yoona to finish the trial.

It was her decision.

She stutters but doesn't answer. Jiseok who's a step down from her called, "Noona, are you okay?"

Yoona was given a life and death situation. The exit door was nowhere to be found. If you admit to the crime, your years might be lessened. That was Seokjin's advice to her. If she lets go now, at least she wouldn't lie to the world anymore. She'll be freed from insomnias and questions. And Jiseok, He would still forgive me right? If she'll keep on going then Do Kyungsoo will still hammer her in. It was time for her to erase the guilt.

And face the consequences.

She tried to find Hi Yeon at the crowd who's gritting her teeth. Yoona gave her one final faint smile before responding, "Actually that time Jung Soo Jung's step mother actually called me." Loud gasps of shock was present in the crowd. Jongin and the others turned to Hi Yeon who was calming herself down. Wang Suk gave his wife a confused look. "She told me to leave Jiseok first for the plan," Yoona recalled, finally letting go. "She told me that she left a car behind the school and that there was a gun in her compartment. Soo Jung's bus can get late due the festival than mine does."

Even Kyungsoo was in awe of the sudden confession. It wasn't part of his plan for her to give up so easily.

"T-Then I, It got home faster and searched for my uncle who did nothing but to be selfish. I guess you all know what I am trying to imply right?" Yoona was tearing up, accepting her fate.

"Wang Suk, she's lying." Hi Yeon tried to convince her Husband, Soo Jung's dad but the business man only stood up and walked out. Frantic Hi Yeon chased him but she was hold up by the guards.

"Noona---" Jiseok's cheeks are stained with tears.

"Jung Soo Jung is innocent." That was Yoona's last words before the whole prosecution and crowd got into a huge commotion. No matter how much the judge tones the volume down, waves of being alarmed are present through the crowd. Jongin doesn't know if he'll smile or what to hope next.

Soo Jung was hurting because of Yoona's confession. So it was her all along. Her best friend, setting her up in a crime that could lock her up for life. She suffered weeks at the jail, trying to know what she did wrong and now it all came into an end. She never expected Yoona to be behind all of this although she has hunches of her step mom all along.

Onew hits the wooden plank with his gavel, "Order in the court! The hearing is adjourned for ten minutes."

--

While everybody was out, the prosecution discussed the issue thoroughly. Detective Kim even dug up at the telecom to just retrieve previous conversations between Hi Yeon and Yoona. The jury was getting confused but as the matter was being broken one by one, a verdict was done.

Everybody was present but Wang Suk was not inside the courtroom. Hi Yeon was stopped from being able to go out.

"Criminal case number seven two one four, People of South Korea versus Jung Soo Jung for violation of Article 250, Criminal act."

"Where is the accused?" Jinki asks. Kyungsoo bravely stands up, "Accused is present your honor." Soo Jung follows, eyes darting at Lee Jinki.

"Ladies and Gentleman, I have understood that you all have reached a conclusion and the verdict will be passed to the bailiff." The Legal speaker says while the bailiff accepts the paper and comes forward, announcing at her loudest voice. Jongin's breath became ragged.

"From the failure of the prosecution to prove his guilt beyond reasonable doubt to the accused, Jung Soo Jung. She is hereby declared---" The bailiff stops for a moment. Jongin's heartbeat became two times faster, he muttered a prayer and hopes are all up.

Kyungsoo only closes his eyes before a smile was plastered on his face.

"-----is hereby acquitted."

Jongin nearly collapses hearing the good news and the crowd was beginning to have mixed emotions. The Legal speaker asks the jury if the accused first degree felony's verdict were right and no one seemed to protest. Yoona heaves a sigh and just looks down. Jiseok rushes to Taemin, crying while Soo Jung also burst in tears.

"Okay ladies and gentlemen, the next phase of the trial will begin tomorrow at twelve noon. Please do not speak about this case nor say things to the media. Are there any questions?"

Seokjin only gives Kyungsoo a nod as the latter tries to find one specific person from the crowd. 

No one dared to cross the judge so he stomped his gavel and spoke out, "You are excused."

The judge stood up along with the jury. Tao watched how Soo Jung excitedly stepped down as she ran towards the crowd.

Kyungsoo's eyes wandered around the rejoicing people and he didn't fail finding what he wanted. Jongin had both of his hands spread wide with a huge smile on his face, eyes edged with tears. Kyungsoo watches carefully how Soo Jung automatically hugged her husband with happiness, pain and longin like they were deprived for it for years.

Kyungsoo kept his eyes on the couple. He fathomed on what Jongin meant about the hurt to heal. He stared at how Jongin tightly envelops her and gives her a stare like she's the most important person in the world. What hurts kyungsoo wasn't the mere fact that he might've cheated on him, it was the fact that Jongin used to hug him like that, to look at him like that and he called him like that.

It hurts Kyungsoo so much because he almost had him.

Almost.

As his warmth was against her Kyungsoo knew that his job was already done.

He never asked for a broken heart but maybe, his situation does need to understand. Does need to not be selfish. Does need to be given up. Jongin has a family now and he, beyond the confusion, still chose to stand beside Krystal.

Kyungsoo gave him a chance, showed him the chance.

But Jongin didn't run back to his arms.

 

 

"Could you forgive Jongin who's an immature, inconsiderate and a total bastard?"

Kyungsoo drowns in hesitation but he finally thought of letting go. Maybe he was the one who sacrificed the most in the relationship. Jongin did feel something for him but it was weak compared to what he felt. Maybe it was the time to start losing, to let go. After all, these years have only proved him that he was the only one stuck in the trance. "What choice do I have huh? What can I even do?"

Jongin wiped his worries by a kiss on the forehead. "It's okay if you don't. I just want to show you that I'm sorry." He meant it, he really meant it. The confusion written on his face was nowhere to be seen anymore, he cleared his mind. 

Kyungsoo looks up to him, "Say it again, please say  that cursed word again." he wanted to hear it again for the last time, he wanted to be sure what's the difference so he can stop wanting it. 

Jongin paused from the sudden request but understands what Kyungsoo was trying to imply, "I love you."

Kyungsoo felt another stab but he doesn't mind the pain anymore. It was like the pain was receeding rather than expanding. Jongin's touches are still vibrant but he was starting to reject it. Kyungsoo knocked inside Jongin's eyes. The warmth is starting to become cold. He falls deep for the dark abyss and remembers his smile. "You loved me." He murmurs with a broken smile. "I don't reject."

Then he finally cleared his throat, "Please leave now."

 

 

 

 

And now Kyungsoo realizes, maybe that –ed was worth everything.

As Jongin turns around to find Kyungsoo, he catches the lawyer's eyes directed on him. Jongin mumbles a genuine, "Thank you hyung." Which Kyungsoo answers with a simple and true smile.

And from that he turns around to face the end of the courtroom.

That moment, Do Kyungsoo stops asking for more.

---

I DON'T KNOW HOW TO END THIS CHAPTER! Not much comfortable if I did this right so—Please feel free to leave a comment—a bad one, criticism, good or long comment before proceeding to the last chapter.