7.0

The Last Fight | kaisoo

;

"ing hell Kim Jongdae! I told you to not tidy the office up yet!" Minseok growled early in the morning. "Now my files are all messed up!" This is the ambiance that greeted Kyungsoo in the office that the four of them shared. He moved towards minseok's desk.

"I didn't even clean your desk!" Jongdae protested, trying to make his boyfriend understand.

"Then where's my blue folder!?" Shouted Minseok again and scanned his newly polished desk, "I need it later! If I lost it, I have to review that ing suicide note again!"

"Whoa whoa chill out, can't we all greet squishy right here?" Luhan interrupted minseok's outburst. Kyungsoo kept a straight face. "You ruin the mood too much hyung." Then he turned to Minseok, "How's the office going?"

"Oh great!" Minseok says sarcastically. "We're jampacked right now."

Kyungsoo was about to reply when Jongdae tapped his back and told him to stand near Luhan's table. Kyungsoo didn't understand at first but then Luhan clung unto his arm and started dragging him somewhere.

"Look babe, I'm sorry..." He heard Jongdae apologize.

"He's totally going to forgive Jongdae right?" Kyungsoo asked luhan making the older scratch his nape. "Of course he will you outdated jerk." Luhan sighed before whispering, "Besides, they will already tie a knot next month."

"What the heck!?" Kyungsoo gasped, eyes widening and lips curving into a big smile. "The-they're---"

"Yep, those two didn't even meet everyday due their busy schedules. I really have no Idea how they make each other effortlessly happy." Luhan chuckled and shoved kyungsoo a small folder. 

"This contained Hi Yeon's information and her address. Don't ask who is it from because I know you already have the idea."

"Jongin." Kyungsoo muttered. "Why is he even so cooperative if this case was pointing his sister?"

"I am guessing bad blood maybe." Luhan replied, tapping his fingers on the expanse of the table. "He called me up last night. That jerk still really knew my old phone number."

"You don't change phone numbers though."

"What's the matter with not changing?" Luhan sneered before diverting his attention at his vibrating phone by his pocket. Kyungsoo saw how luhan's eyes lit up when he saw the caller's Id.

Raewon?

"Oh hey," Luhan greeted with delight and shoved kyungsoo away, giving him a sign to go. Kyungsoo shook his head. "Who's that?"

Luhan heaved another sigh, "Raewon? My soccer coach in China? Remember him yeah?"

Kyungsoo raised an eyebrow which defeated Luhan.

"Alright fine," Luhan scratched his nape. "Go now, solve the case. Make yourself happy okay? Bye."

Luhan then completely abandoned his attention to Kyungsoo.

"Hi wonnie! I just.....I-uh---dinner date later? Wow! I have a client though---"

Kyungsoo rolled his eyes and made his way out of the office. Luhan must've found someone to make him smile that bright.

--

"Please do stop at that restaurant." Kyungsoo ordered the taxi driver before paying his bill which he also gave thanks to. The taxi driver was nicer than he thought. The ajusshi opened the window for him and also raised his mood with a couple of songs where they both jammed since his mood was not that stable earlier. It was a surprise to find an enthusiastic driver at this rate.

"Good morning Lei." Kyungsoo acknowledged Lei who was playing outside of the restaurant. The little boy squints his eyes to recognize Kyungsoo. "You're okay now? How come?" Lei asked while picking up his toy airplane from the ground.

"What?" Asked the confused lawyer. "I took care of hyung too! Why doesn't he act like you?" Protested Lei with full of curiosity but that was cut off by a voice from their behind.

"Lei Oh, I am perfectly fine." Sehun stated with both of his hands in his pocket. He was wearing a white turtle neck with a Black coat and walking towards them.

"He even calls me by my full name! Hyung you're not well!" Lei shouted at his hyung. Kyungsoo couldn't help it but smile at Lei's antics. Sehun's so rewarding that he got a brother like Lei.

"Don't mind him. You want donuts?" Sehun asked only to be easily answered by Lei. The question was with a purpose and--- "Oh I see that you're fine hehe. Of course hyung!"

"I wasn't talking to you." Sehun denied bluntly. 

"Hyung!" Lei whined and hugged Sehun's legs. "Hyung I wanted a J.Co donut please." The younger begged. Kyungsoo tried his best to not pinch the youth's adorable cheeks. 

"We had breakfast already Lei. Go and play." Sehun ordered and carried Lei in his arms. He kissed Lei's forehead and made him step down but his brother protested and hugged Sehun's nape even more. "Donut hyung, donut."

"Don't be selfish. Come on, let's eat donuts." Kyungsoo suggested which earned a bright smile from Lei. Maybe the little boy deserved a treat after assisting his mother nurse Sehun the other night.

"Come on hyung!" Lei pleaded once more and pouted. "I promise I won't give vivi a chocolate one!"

"Baby?" Kyungsoo misheard. 

Sehun was defeated by his little brother's pout. "Don't pout like that. Aren't you a man?"

"Who's vivi?" Kyungsoo asked once more.

"Vivi is hyung's love."

"Girlfriend?"

"Why the are you so inquisitive? Vivi's my dog and my buddy too. Vivi was given by my grandmother and also---"

"Okay." Kyungsoo chuckled a bit. "Why are you even explaining to me?"

Lei just stared at the two before he pointed out the nearest Donut stall.

Both couldn't say no to him.

-

"Don't wander around. Help mom out okay?" Sehun told his younger brother who was still munching on a chocolate donut.

"Bye Lei." Kyungsoo bent down to wipe Lei's mess on his lips before giving Lei the handkerchief. "Wipe it after okay?" Lei nodded earnestly and waved them goodbye. Kyungsoo stood up and faced Sehun who was staring at them but quickly averted his gaze when their eyes met.

"You have Hi Yeon's address right?"

--

The two of them stopped at a huge house in Gangnam. It was even larger than Sir Lee's house. It was indeed an exclusive subdivision and it looked like Beverly hills. Kyungsoo scanned the whole edifice then turned his attention back to the Jung's background.

"Soo Jung's family is really doing good in Fashion and the music industry right?" Kyungsoo asked Sehun who turned the aircon off. "I guess so. A few news portal sites said that their stocks also dropped by 20% when Krystal was put behind bars."

"Of course people weren't pleased of that news." Kyungsoo unbuckled his seat belt. "You think she'd show up if we—"

He shut his mouth only to realize that Sehun had already got out of the car. Kyungsoo could only roll his eyes for the Officer's excitement not knowing that Sehun attempted to get the door for kyungsoo but then the latter had already opened the door while gritting his teeth. Making the door frame to hit Sehun's forehead with force.

"Aish!"

"Oh ." Kyungsoo nearly screamed and immediately got off the car. Both of his hands tried to console Sehun who was writhing in pain. Kyungsoo was feeling guilty but he couldn't let that stand out.

"Yah Do Kyungsoo It hurts!"

"So it's my fault!? If you didn't attempt to—"

"I didn't try to open it!" Sehun protested greatly.

Kyungsoo stopped arguing and his voice became softer. "What do we do now? We don't have ice." Sehun gave one last caress to his forehead and gave kyungsoo a very quick reassuring smile. He couldn't say it directly but he was embarrassed as hell. "I'm fine. Let's go."

"Eyy you didn't have to do that." Kyungsoo scratched his nape and bit his tongue, his conscience finally giving in.

"Do what?"

"What made you like this? To open the car door?" Kyungsoo began taking over him.

"Are we making a big deal out of it?" Sehun tried to escape the topic and ignored his vibrating phone.

"N-No..." Kyungsoo suddenly looked down. Sehun found it quite adorable to have Kyungsoo looking like that, worried and defeated. So the rumors were true that even though Kyungsoo looks like a hardcore, he's a soft bun. Sehun messed up Kyungsoo's hair and looked intently at his eyes. "Don't worry too much. I won't die yet."

All Kyungsoo could do is to trust Sehun.

After the incident, they walked towards the grand house having a maid open it for them. When they got the chance to get inside, they were immediately greeted by Kim Hi Yeon who was holding a cup of tea and strolling the great Jung house flaunting her red dress. 

"Who are you and what brings you here?" Hi Yeon sat down. "Sit down." She also ordered.

Sehun searched his ID and showed them to Hi Yeon. "I'm Officer Oh Sehun and this is Atty. Do Kyungsoo."

"Go on."

She doesn't remember me? Kyungsoo asked himself.

"We are here for a few questions regarding Soo Jung."

"I'm afraid I told everything I know of that case to Detective Kim." Hi Yeon replied and took a sip of her tea. She quickly observed Kyungsoo who's giving her a familiar stare. She got shivers when she remembered who he was and what his engagement is in her life.

Kyungsoo elbowed Sehun. "You are Soo Jung's Step mother. What's your relationship with her like?"

"What else?" Hi Yeon answered like it was a question thrown to her everyday. "Just like every step mother and step daughter thing. It wasn't that smooth."

"Do you visit her?"

"Not very often. She doesn't like my presence."

"Then what is your involvement with Sir Do Joon Lee?" Sehun instantly barged in making Kyungsoo to palm his face. Hi Yeon felt herself twitch but she kept her voice straight. "What about him?" Hi Yeon set the tea down the table.

"Let's be clear here," Kyungsoo pops in, "You are his ex girlfriend. You have an involvement with him. You're notified that he's dead right? And the accused is your daughter."

"You seem like you're accusing me." Hi Yeon's tone wasn't amused so she crossed both of her arms. "Okay, I have been with him for four months but that ended when I met Soo Jung's father. It was nothing more nothing less case." Hi Yeon sighed. "And what is this? Why didn't you bring the detective rather than you two barging here?"

"Then what is your stand regarding Soo Jung's case?"

Hi Yeon stood up. "I am not fond of the mother daughter drama but I hope that the case will end the way it is to end."

Kyungsoo raised his eyebrow suspiciously.

"Are you thinking I could help?" Hi Yeon asked and pursed her lips. "Maybe I could help consoling her father but aside that, I couldn't stabilize her emotions or anyone's."

"You've been involved with many men and you're saying that---"

"What are you trying to imply? That I killed the poor guy?" Hi Yeon scoffed. "What kind of interrogation is this? I don't think that we have a conversation here—"

"We're not directly accusing you but rather questioning to save yourself. You have been in Lee's phone calls at the day of the murder. 1st phone call, three and a half minutes and the second one before Lee died, A minute and seventeen seconds. Now are you still telling us that---"

"Detective Kim knew that. Lee asked me about a partnership and I told Soo Jung's father about that. I declined knowing that the man was somewhat greedy. He called for the second time and told me his other intentions about the Entertainment and yet I declined once again."

Kyungsoo did not accept her words. "Where was Soo Jung that time?"

"She was out with Yoona."

"What is your relationship with Yoona?"

"She is Soo Jung's friend. I have nothing involved in that."

 

 

---

 

 

"What's with the grim face?" Sehun asked while driving back. Kyungsoo kept a bland face. "This doesn't make any sense. Let's visit Soo Jung."

"What's not?"

"There's something fishy."

"There is always."

Their conversation is interrupted by a phone call by Tao. Sehun picked up his phone. "Oh Tao."

"Sehun! The detective found something!" Tao excitedly says as he held a piece of evidnce on his palm.  Sehun clicked the loudspeaker button for Kyungsoo to hear.  "What is it?"

Kyungsoo turned to Sehun's direction.

"A receipt."

"About?"

"Painkillers."

"And?"

"The crime isn't neat than we thought it was Hun."

 

---

 

Kyungsoo walked down the Police aisle still looking serious but that changed when another police officer stopped him from entering the visiting station. He slightly shoved him away and noted, "Someone's still visiting."

"Who?"

"Her friend."

He seemed to be impatient. "Let me." Kyungsoo opened the door by using his authority and shot the police officer an annoyed glare. When he stepped inside, Soo Jung was facing a petite girl in brown hair. He hastily recognized it.

"Thought I have time." Yoona tucked her hair behind her ears and faced the lawyer, leaving Soo Jung with a fading smile. 

"Kyungsoo." Soo Jung called his name out.

I thought you loathed her?

"What are you doing here?" Kyungsoo asked firstly. 

"If you're going to ask me, see my lawyer." Yoona defended like she' deprived of right.

"Why are you so defensive?" Krystal heard a few sarcasm from Kyungsoo's answer and the tension was growing more and more than their conversation a few moments ago. 

"Why can't I, when you always ask me things that are nonsensical?" Yoona shot back. 

"Well can I ask you one last time?" Kyungsoo insisted and questioned straightfowardly. "Is it true that you were having stomach pains when the murder happened in the 23rd?"

Yoona flinched from the question but rather that she just gave it a go, "Who told you? Jiseok? Yes. That's why I made Soo Jung to fetch us with a car."

"Oh nothing." Kyungsoo says. Gotcha.

"Then I'd better go." Yoona told both of them before exiting the visiting room. Kyungsoo sighed and sat on the chair in front of Soo Jung.

"Why is she seriously treating constipation with painkillers? It doesn't make any sense."

"Kyungsoo?" Called Soo Jung. "What is—"

"Can I ask a few things with you Step mother?"

Soo Jung flinched from his question.

--

 

"Constipation, stomach pains and pain killers doesn't match that good." Sehun thought as he studied the files that Tao sent him via email. He sipped on his coffee while Kyungsoo was focusing on the case and statements. They were both spacing out because of the new trails of conclusions. Kyungsoo's also been bothered by how their last lawyer attended the case. It seemed so fishy for him. 

"You think we can sum up these evidences to recreate that once perfect murder?"

"Hold on," Kyungsoo stopped him. "I'm formulating speculations. I think that Soo Jung could be freed."

"Why?"

"We should meet detective Kim before we precede these files to the court."

"Sure."

"Oppa!"

Sehun choked on his coffee when he heard a loud and sonorous voice, breaking the whole café's peaceful ambiance. Many started gossiping as a girl wearing a pink apron clutched her fingers together and stared at Sehun like he's some sort of celebrity. 

"Oppa! Oh my God you visited!" The female employee squealed and ran towards the utmost confused Sehun. The female employee hugged Sehun tightly, almost choking him and also acted all close. 

"Oppa! Have you been well my small bean?"

"What the fu—" Sehun cursed. It was his stalker since he started out as a Police Officer. How did she---Oh , this is where she's working!

It was also the café he was trying to avoid. He totally forgot his case with her.

He saved the girl from a certain bar but this was the outcome of his good deed, an obsession. He was thankful that the girl didn't bother her after getting a job but that was only a few weeks ago. "Long time no see!"

"Yeah, yeah please go now."

"No way! Didn't you know that It took all efforts for me to find you? Have you changed you--" 

Sehun removed her grip. "Don't touch me, m-my b-boyfriend would get m-mad!" Sehun put all his efforts to escape his stalker. He knew he was blabbering mad things right now but he couldn't bear girls like her. 

"What?" The girl asked in disbelief but still had sparkles in her eyes. "I am sure that you have none!"

Sehun suddenly pointed Kyungsoo who was obviously irritated by the scene. It was seriously bothering his concentration and their loud conversation's getting a lot of attention.

"Let's hang out oppa!"

"Aish!"

Kyungsoo was now beyond annoyed. He glanced at the girl. "Yah," His tone came with a warning and annoyance mixed together. "Can't you see we're working? Can't you two step out of this café and do your business there?!"

"Y-Yah, please leave. My boyfriend is angry look!" Sehun tried to use Kyungsoo as his bait.

"Oh don't fool me oppa! Don't be so mean!"

If Yoona took pain killers...then she lied about---

"I am now working hard just to see you and you came here---"

"Please, just stay away from me."

If that's the case then Hi Yeon was not involved? How can I know if her statement was the truth? Partnership? Partnership my .

"Oh Sehun oppa! Let's go out!"

"Aish!"

What the is the problem of these two!? Can't they flirt without my reach? This is seriously irritating! And I thought this Oh Sehun guy is a gentleman but he turned out to be a womanizer jerk!

Kyungsoo slammed his fists on the table and glared at the two. "If both of you don't get out, I will."

"Oppa~" The female employee insisted, even made aegyo. All Sehun could think is that it's definitely gay to punch women. He stood up and pointed Kyungsoo once more. "He is really my boyfriend! He's playing hard to get!"

"Aish! I can't believe this nonsense. And what boyfriend? Uh so cliché." Kyungsoo remarked and made his way. "Follow me if you're done."

"You won't believe?"

"Prove it then and I won't bother you!" The female employee demanded and crossed her arms. People started turning their attention to the officer and the attorney. Sehun had no choice but to run after Kyungsoo who was nearly at the café's exit and reach his arm. He pulled Kyungsoo close and gave him a peck on his cheek making Kyungsoo startled.

"Stay away from me and him." Sehun warned and dragged Kyungsoo out of the café. Kyungsoo snapped out of the sudden scene and released his arm from Sehun's grip. "Come here boyfriend." Kyungsoo's tone was seriously exasperated. He even said the boyfriend sharply. They made their way towards the front of Sehun's car. "Are you ing kidding me?"

"I-I uh..."

"Why do you like surprising people huh?"

"What!?" Sehun now argued. "Did I liked the kiss? Should I told you that I would kiss you to get rid of her and you'd cooperate?"

"What!?"

"Don't what what me!"

"Aish! Forget it!"

"Are you acting it as if it's your first kiss!?"

"Did you grow up in America? You think things like that are casual here!?"

 

 

After three hours

"And now for our Netizen Gossips and Celebrity news! Have you ever witnessed a korean drama in real life? If so, then was it wonderful? If not, take a look on this short twenty second clip that has been circulating the net three hours from now!

*clip*

"What the heck? Aish! Kids these days make no good reporters!" Whined a man who was drinking Soju with his colleagues.

"You're right! And why was that video even viral? It was scripted!" Protested another man.

"Ay! Shut it!" A woman barged in holding a bowl of dried squid. "It was sweet!"

"Aish! Everyone does it for fame!"

"It was like a drama in real life!"

"Oh don't get me started!"

Little did they know that a man from their nearest table is listening to their reactions, holding his phone and his hands quite shaking?

Why?

The man closed the webpage and ordered spring rolls. While waiting, he didn't know but that clip was seriously bothering him. He couldn't stop thinking about it and the social media was making rounds and rounds of comments about that. Finally, He opened his contacts and dialed the number of the person who was in the video.

"Hyung? Can we meet?"

---

 

 i graduated yay and isn't jongin proud?