Chapter 25

Blood Lines
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Kai sweetie its time for school. Kai?”

“Kai its time for school.” Kai’s mother walked into her son’s room to see him underneath his blankets. She smiled fondly at her son and walked over to the side of his bed and sat down. Her son was never a morning person.

“Jongin, sweetie I know you want to sleep but I need you to wake up. You don’t want to be late for school.” all she heard was a groan from the boy. She shook her head and pulled the blankets off of him. “Ok mister, get up- Oh my goodness sweetheart you’re burning up!” she placed her hand on his forehead and he was scorching.

“Mom.” Kai said softly, his voice hoarse.

“Oh my goodness you can’t go to school! its because you were in the rain yesterday! You're sick! My poor baby. You stay in bed. I’ll call the school to let them know you’re sick and I’ll call the doctor over! My poor baby. Don’t move!”

Kai groaned as his mom walked out of his room frantic. He felt like . He knew it was a bad idea to stay in the rain for that long yesterday but when he thought back to Sohee’s smile and how they got to be together he couldn’t help but smiled softly.

Totally worth it. he smiled to himself before he started a fit of coughing. Still worth it.

 

The vampires were at school. They walked into class when Sohee noticed that there was only Baekhyun and Chanyeol in class.

“Hey guys, where’s Kai?” she asked when she got to her desk.

“He’s sick.” Baekhyun replied.

“Yeah his mom called Suho earlier this morning asking him to bring over his assignments after class. She told him that Kai was burning up and its because he was dumb for playing in the rain yesterday and got all wet.” Chanyeol answered. “I don’t even know why he was out in the rain yesterday. He hates it when his clothes are wet and clings to his body.”

Sohee’s eyes widened. Oh no its my fault. I forgot humans get sick easily. Sohee bit her bottom lip blaming herself.

Throughout the whole day Sohee wasn’t feeling well. Her mind constantly went to Kai. She kept blaming herself that he got sick and was wondering if he was feeling better. She wondered how sick was he and was he taking medicine. She didn’t know why she was so worried but she just was.

Her mood didn’t go unnoticed by Sehun who was doing everything he could to cheer her up. Sehun was concerned over her down spirit. When he asked her if she was ok, she only replied with a strain smile. Sehun was worried. He didn’t know why she was so down. He was hoping she would tell him but nothing. He started to wonder if it was still about Jaehyun. After the night with Kai’s incident he thought she was slowly getting over it, but is she still not completely over it? Sehun just wanted his girl’s carefree smile to return.

By the end of the day the vampires could feel the effects of Sehun and Sohee’s moods. They knew the reason why Sehun was down was because of Sohee. They saw the worried face Sehun has whenever he would take worried glimpse towards Sohee. But they didn’t know why Sohee was so sad.

No one knew except for Luhan. Call him nosy, call him inconsiderate for invading others privacy but the way Sehun and Sohee was acting was bugging him so he decided to do what he did best. Tried to fix it, or so he thought. Luhan’s initial plan was to penetrate Sohee’s mind to see what was bothering her and help Sehun make her feel better but when he read Sohee’s thoughts he frowned. Her thoughts were all filed with Kai. The reason why she wasn’t her happy self today was because of Kai. She was worried about him. When he heard her thoughts his heart almost dropped. His thoughts when back to the conversation he had with Sehun a couple days back.

“Do you think she’ll fall out of love with me?”

Luhan frowned and looked at his friend. The young prince who have become a younger brother to him. there was no way in hell he was going to tell Sehun.

Sohee you can’t break his heart. Luhan thought sadly. I don’t know what he’ll be capable of if you do.

It was the end of the day and the vampires were making their way out of school. Sohee couldn’t shake the thought of Kai out of her mind. She abruptly halted in her steps causing the other vampires to stop as well and stare at her.

“I need to talk to the teachers about something.” She said.

“I’ll go with you.” Sehun replied.

Sohee shook her head. “It might take awhile and I also wanted to take a stroll for awhile, alone. To think, please.” 

Sehun saw the plead in her eyes and with a sigh nodded his head.

“Call me when you need me to pick you up ok?”

Sohee smiled. “I can always run back home. it’ll be quicker.”

“I don’t want you to get caught. Call me ok?”

Sohee nodded her head as Sehun planted a kiss on her forehead.

“Be safe.” He whispered. Sohee nodded and ran back into school.

Sehun bit his lips worried but turned back around and made his way to his car with the rest of the boys. Luhan stood with his eyes on Sohee's retreating back with his eyes furrowed. He knew exactly where she was going and he wasn’t happy about it.

 

“Suho!” Sohee called out as she saw the said male walking the other way.

“Hey Sohee, aren’t you supposed to be going home right now?”

“I was. Are those for Kai?” she asked as she pointed to a stack of papers Suho was holding.

Suho nodded. “Yeah, I just got his last assignment and I’m about to head over to his house right now. Aish, he picked a bad day to be sick. My mom asked me to help her this morning after school today but I need to get these papers to Kai. I was going to ask the other boys but those jerks left right when the last bell rang for end of school. lazy jerks.”

“I can take it to him if you trust me.” she smiled but at Suho.

“Really you would do that for me? Are you sure its not a bother?” Suho’s face brightened.

Sohee nodded. “I have nothing to do this afternoon and I was just going to go for a stroll. I can drop the assignments off to Kai’s so you can go be a good son.”

Suho’s face brightened immediately and gave Sohee a hug.

“Thank you thank you thank you!”

Sohee chuckled. “Its no problem.”

Suho let her go and gave her Kai’s address and ran out of school after handing over the assignments to Sohee. Sohee smiled as she looked at the older male.

He’s going to make a great husband one day. Anyone who cares for his mom will treat his wife right.

Sohee looked down at the pack of papers and smiled. She put them in her backpack and made her way to call for a cab. She could run to Kai’s house and make it there in record time but it was too bright outside and she knew Sehun was right. She didn’t want to get caught.

Sohee stepped off of the cab and looked at the house in front of her.

“Ah, as expected from the mayor’s son. So he is a rich boy.” She smiled softly and made her way to the door. Sohee didn't know why but she thought it was better to not let Sehun know that she was going to go visit Kai. She just didn't want to cause any misunderstandings and problems between the two. She wasn't blind. She could feel the tension between the two these past couple of days when they were in the same place together. She rang the doorbell when she got to the front and waited. A minute later the door was opened and she was greeted with Kai’s mother’s face.

“Oh, Sohee what a pleasant surprised.” She smiled at the girl.

Sohee bowed and smiled back. “Hello Mrs. Kim, I was just stopping by to drop off Kai’s school work and to see how he is.”

“You’re so sweet. I thought Suho was going to bring it to him. Come on in sweetie.”

Sohee thanked Kai’s mother as she made her way in the house. She walked Sohee to Kai’s room and knocked on the door before opening it.

“Sweetie you have a visitor.”

Mrs. Kim ushered Sohee in while she went back downstairs to the kitchen.

Sohee walked into his bedroom and took in his surroundings. She could see trophies, pictures of him and his family and friends, albums, and posters. She smiled and made her way to his bed when she heard a groan.

“Hyung, leave. I’m sick and you’re trying to kill me off with school work?” a hoarse voice came out from under the covers.

Sohee chuckled. “It was actually your mom who asked Suho to pick up your assignments.”

“Sohee?” Kai groggily questioned. He tried to sit up but then was attack by dizziness making him groan.

“Jongin are you ok?” Sohee rushed over to the said boy and touched his forehead. “Jongin have you even taken any medicine? You’re burning! You shouldn’t be sitting up!” she yelled at him as she laid him back on the bed.

As Sohee was pulling the covers back over Kai, Kai grabbed her wrist.

“Are you real?” he asked softly. Kai didn’t know if he was so sick and was hallucinating or if this girl is really here, in his room, right now with him.

Sohee frowned. “Yes I’m real. I’m sorry for making you stay outside in the rain with me for so long. If I didn’t make you stand in the rain you wouldn’t have gotten sick.”

“You’re really here aren’t you?” he smiled dumbly even though he was feeling like death. He couldn’t believe you were there.

“Its not your fault. I chose to be in the rain with you.” he said softly before drifting to sleep. He couldn’t help it. although he wanted to stay awake to enjoy this moment with Sohee, hi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter