Chapter 11

Blood Lines
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sehun was more protective over Sohee after the incident. They were still enjoying the party but Sehun was sticking to her closely. Sehun reluctantly left Sohee to go to the restroom when Kai said he would be next to her. The two sat on the couch that was placed on the 2nd level of the club reserved for VIPs, which was reserved for Chanyeol and his friends tonight.

“Thank you for earlier.” Sohee looked over to Kai.

“No need to thank me. it was nothing.” The two took a sip of their drink as they looked down to their friends who were having a good time.

“Shouldn’t you be with your girlfriend right now?”

Kai rubbed the back of his head. “Honestly, I don’t know where she’s at right now. the last time I saw her was at the bar before I ran after you.”

Sohee nodded. “I don’t think she’ll appreciate that.”

“what?”

“You leaving her at the bar and running after me. she might get the wrong idea.”

“Oh…” Kai looked down at his drink. “I didn’t think of that.”

“Jongin.”

“Hm?”

“Do you love her?”

“I-I, I don’t know.” he sighed. “Like I told you before, my love for her isn’t like you know. Love.”

“Then tell her.” Kai looked over at Sohee who gave him a gentle smile. “You’re only hurting the both of you if you drag this empty relationship out any longer.”

“I guess you’re right.” He said softly looking back down at his hands.

Sohee took a chug of her drink and emptied it.

“Whoa, slow down. You don’t want to get drunk.”

Sohee smirked. “Trust me, I have a very high tolerance.” Sohee put her bottle on the table just for it to fall, glass shattering on the ground.

“Careful,” Kai said as he tried to pick up the broken glass. “Ow”

Sohee’s eyes flashed red and she tried to blink it off. That smell. She looked over to Kai to see him holding onto his cut. “You-your-your bleeding.” She said with a strained voice.

Kai looked at his finger. “Ah, yeah I guess I should have been more careful.”

Blood. Sohee looked at Kai’s finger. Her breathing started to get more heavy. His blood smells so good. She closed her eyes and tried to breath calmly. Fresh blood. Sohee tried to calm herself down. This was strange for her. She was always able to control herself around blood thanks to her half human genes. She was always able to control herself better than any other vampire around blood. This was the first time that someone’s blood was making her lose control. She wanted a taste. She wanted it bad. Just one sip. Just one. Sohee clenched her fists together.

“Hey, Sohee are you ok?” Kai asked coming closer to her.

She opened her eyes trying to keep them from changing colors.

“Uh huh.” She strained stepping back from Kai. “You should stop the bleeding.”

“Ah, its nothing. Its just a small cut. Are you sure? You don’t look so good.” he moved forward.

“I’m fine.” She moved back. “Just-“ she closed her eyes. She felt her fangs starting to come out. Why does his blood smell so good!?

“Sohee are you ok?”

“YES!” she shouted shocking Kai.

"Hey..." he walked closer. Sohee looked up and grabbed his bleeding hand. She looked at the blood that was seeping out. Her breathing became more hard. 

"Uhm Sohee?" Kai looked at her weirdly. "My hand..."

Sohee broke out from her daze.“I just, just, I need to go.” She ran down the stairs trying to avoid her eyes changing colors. She needed to get out of there. She needed to get out before she blows hers and they boys cover.

“Sohee!” she heard Kai running after her but she kept walking faster. She needed to leave. Out of nowhere a hand grabbed her wrist and pulled her back.

“Let go!” she shouted. Hands went up to her face.

“Babe whats wrong?” Sehun asked worriedly. His eyes widened when he saw her red eyes.

“Sehun, I need to go. Blood.” She said weakly.

“Sohee!” Kai said as he caught up to the two. Sehun pulled her face into his chest to hide her. he turned around to Kai. He sniffed. Blood. He looked down to the source. Kai has a cut on his hand but it wasn’t that big. Sehun looked down to the girl in his arms. Is this the reason why Sohee lost control? But its barely a cut. That smell. Its smells different. 

“Is she alright?” Kai asked worried.

Sehun’s eyes went back up to his face. He nodded. “Yeah she’s just a little drunk.”

“But she was fine a couple minutes ago.”

“She has a high tolerance but when alcohol hits her it hits her hard. I’ll take her home."

“Are you sure you can drive?”

“Don’t worry. I barely drank. Tell Chanyeol thank you for the invite but we’ll be going first.” he said as he turned around and helped Sohee out. Kai watched as they left.

Sehun drove the two of them home. Sohee was antsy in her seat. She needed blood and she needed it now. Once they got home she ran into the kitchen where the blood packs were and drank from it. She spits it out once it touched her tongue. Sehun rushed in.

“Baby are you ok?!” he saw the blood she spat out.

“Sehun, I can’t. I need you. I need you.” she said desperately pulling on his shirt. Sehun saw the red in her eyes and nodded. He picked her up as she wrapped her arms around his neck and her legs around his waist. He carried her into their room and sat down on the bed with Sohee sitting on his lap. He caressed her hair and he heard her haggard breathing.

“Go for it princess.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter