Chapter 21

Blood Lines
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A growl left Kai’s mouth as Sohee’s fangs pierced his skin. He didn’t know what was going on. All he knew was it was a sharp pain and that he felt his energy leaving him.

The other vampires were downstairs when they heard him and the smell of blood filled the air. Their eyes widened and all turned towards the stairs where the scent was coming from. Luhan stood up.

“Hey where are you going?” Chanyeol asked.

“I left something upstairs. I’ll be right back.” he said as he started making his way up the stairs with Lay. They rush to Jaehyun’s room.

“Its human blood.” Lay said.

They opened the door just to be shocked by the image of Sohee drinking from Kai’s neck. The latter’s eyes were closed as if he was in pain. Luhan rushed over to the two and tore them apart.   

“Sohee!”

Sohee’s eyes were red and she growled at Luhan for breaking her up from her meal. She tried to fight him to get back to Kai. Sohee was losing control and her vampire nature was taking over. All she wanted to do was the delicious blood Kai was providing her. Lay held Kai in his arms.

“Hyung…” he rasped feeling energy drain out of his body.

“Hyung!” Lay called out for Luhan.

Luhan, using his telekinesis, immobilized Sohee from moving and went over to Kai.

“Kai look at me.” Luhan shook the boy. “Open your eyes and look at me!” Kai struggling opened his eyes the best as he could. Luhan’s eyes went red when he made contact with the boy.

“Sleep. When you wake up you’ll forget about Sohee feeding off you. You just came into the room to see if Sohee was ok. You didn’t know how tired you were and fell asleep. Nothing else happened. When you wake up that’s all you’ll remember. Now sleep.”

At his command Kai’s eyes closed and he fell into slumber. Luhan let out a sigh of relief when he and Lay looked over to Sohee whose eyes were red and was struggling to move. She was hissing and looked murderous.

“Why is Sohee like this?” Lay asked confused. He laid Kai on the bed and closed his wounds on his neck.

“I don’t know.” Luhan said. He walked closer to Sohee.

Sehun ran into the room.

“I smelled blood. What happened?!” he asked worried when he saw an unconscious Kai and Sohee immobilized in the corner.

“Sohee?” he called out as he walked closer to her.

She hissed at him.

“Sohee look at me.”

She hissed at him again.

“Sohee look at me!” he yelled making eye contact with Sohee but she wasn’t listening to him. it was like she lost all control and didn’t know what was going on at all.

Luhan walked over to the girl and grabbed her face. He made eye contact with the girl.

“Sleep.” He commanded. With that Sohee’s body dropped and Luhan caught her before she could hit the floor. Luhan picked her up bridal style, Sehun growled at Luhan for holding her so intimately. Luhan rolled his eyes and handed the girl to him. Sehun started walking out of the room towards his room. Lay and Luhan followed suit after settling Kai on Jaehyun’s bed. Sehun laid Sohee down on his bed and pulled the covers over her body. Sehun smoothed the stray pieces of hair away from her face and rubbed her cheeks as he sat next to the bed. 

“What happened?” Sehun asked softly when he heard Lay and Luhan enter the room. The two boys looked over at each other hesitantly questioning if they should tell Sehun what happened. 

“Well uhm,” Lay rubbed the back of his neck. “Well we smelled blood. So we came up and you know, yeah.”

Luhan looked at Lay giving him a wtf face and Lay looked back at Luhan mouthing “I don’t know what to say!”

“What happened?” Sehun spoke up breaking up the two older boys silent bickering.

“There was blood. I smelled it. It was Kai’s. Did, did,” Sehun took his hand off Sohee’s cheeks and stared at her.

“Was it Sohee? DId she feed from him?” he asked softly.

Luhan and Lay looked at each other. They didn’t want to tell Sehun. He would be pissed off and heart broken.

“Sehun, she hasn’t fed in two days.” Luhan spoke up. “It happens. When your hunger takes over-she didn’t mean to.”

Sehun didn’t look at them. He continued to stare at the girl on his bed.

“Sehun-ah,” Lay called. He took a step closer to Sehun.

“Did you smell it?”

Lay and Luhan furrowed their brows.

“Smelled what?” Lay asked confused.

“His blood. Kai’s blood.”

“Yeah?” Lay replied.

Sehun turned around. “It didn’t smell weird to you?”

“Sehun what are you talking about? His blood smells like any other human blood.” Luhan asked.

“You guys really didn’t smell anything different? Not even a little? Something that makes you hungry? Just even a little?”

“Sehun, what are you talking about? We didn’t smell anything different in his blood than any of the other boys downstairs.” Lay said confused.

Sehun furrowed his brows. He shook his head.

“Nevermind.”

“Sehun-“

“Can I be alone please? With Sohee?” he asked as he turned back to the girl.

Luhan and Lay understood and nodded their heads. They headed towards the door. Luhan furrowed his brows with what Sehun had said earlier. What did he mean by Kai's blood smelling different?

“We’ll call you when DO is done with the food ok? We have to keep up appearances even if we don’t survive off human food.” Luhan said and closed the door after he stepped out of the room. 

Sehun was left alone with Sohee. He looked over at the girl that he loved laying on his bed. He looked at her swollen eyes. He reached out and touched beneath her eyes.

“Your eyes are all swollen babe.” He said softly. “You must have been crying a lot. I’m sorry I wasn’t able to help him. I’m sorry I wasn’t able to make you feel better. Another man had to do that instead. I’m sorry.”

Sehun pressed his lips together sadly.

“I promise I’ll try harder to keep you happy. I’ll try harder to protect the people you love. I’ll try harder to protect you. Lean on me Sohee. Lean on me. Don't rely on someone else. Rely on me. It breaks me to the core seeing him with you. They way he embraced you like you're his. I'm here. Because as long as you’re happy and safe that’s the reason I live.”

Sehun pulled her hand up and interlocked their hands. He kissed the back of her hand and held it to his cheek.

“I love you. Please, don’t be sad anymore.” He whispered. 

Sohee opened her eyes. She felt her body tired and her head hurts. It felt heavy. She blinked a couple of times. She felt someone’s hand in hers. She turned her head to the side and was face with Sehun’s sleeping face.

How long was I asleep for? What happened? I was in Jaehyun’s room with Jongin and then I don’t remember.  She looked around the room and realized she was back inside hers and Sehun’s shared bedroom.

How did I get here?

She turned her head back to stare at Sehun’s sleeping figure. She looked softly as she stared at his face.

He lo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter