Chapter 4

Blood Lines
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was a new day of school and Kai and his friends made their way into school. All the girls made way for them as they watched their original kingkas. They stopped by their lockers to get their things.

“Your dad wants to welcome them into town formally at the autumn festival?” DO asked Kai.

“Yup, he wanted to welcome them and their parents into town.”

“Do you even think their parents are here? If they are they sure know how to stay hidden. I don’t think anyone seen them yet.” Chanyeol said.

“That’s true. Do you think the rumors are true? That they are rich chaebols and was punished by their parents to stay here?” Bakehyun voiced out.

“Our town’s not bad.” Suho feeling offended.

“Its not bad. Its wonderful but come on did you see the cars they were driving? There’s no way someone who can afford cars like that want to live in our small town willingly.” Baekhyun told him.

“Whatever it is I still need to invite them. I would actually like to get to know them better.”

“Why? Do you want to know them better or do you want to know Sohee better?” Chanyeol teased.

Kai pinked. “Shut up! No that’s not it!”

Baekhyun and Chanyeol laughed. “Careful or Krystal’s going to castrate you.”

"Speak of the devil." Chanyeol said as Krystal came to joing the group.

Suddenly the screams and shrieks in the hallways got louder. The boys turned their heads and watched as the new transfer students walk into school together. 

They looked graceful and flawless even when they were just walking in. Kai kept his eyes on the group searching for a particular girl. He found her behind the group next to one of the boys he found out was named Sehun. He looked down at their interlocked hands and frowned. They’re dating? He couldn’t help but feel disappointed. There was something about Sohee that caught his attention and he wanted to get to know her more.

The group of transfer students were making their way passed them when a girl went up to the group causing them to stop in front of Kai and his friends. The hallway got quiet as all eyes were on them. The girl stood in front of Kris with a pink letter. Kris looked down at her with a cocked up eyebrow. 

The boys smirked knowing exactly why the girl was in front if Kris and Sohee gave a sympathetic look. They all knew what was about to happen and they all knew what Kris was going to do. His menacing face was true. Although he was a dork and lovable leader to them they all knew how he felt about girls like the one in front of him. The only girl he ever liked to be around was Sohee.

“Sunbae.” The girl shyly. Kris just gave her a blank face. “I-”she turned around and looked at her friends behind her who was giving her encouragement. “I was wondering, I think you’re very handsome, I was wondering if you would, if you would like to go out with me this weekend.” She said softly and raised her hands up with the pink letter to Kris looking down, shy. Kris looked blankly down at the letter and everyone in the hallway held their breath wondering what he would do next. After a few seconds Kris took the letter from the girls hand making the girl look up. Her eyes shined with excitement thinking her confession was successful until.

Riiiipppppp

Everyone in the hallways eyes went wide and the girl looked like she was about to cry. Kris had ripped the letter right in front of her. He ripped the letter apart and let the pieces fall to the floor. He then looked at the girl who had tears b in her eyes. He walked up to her.

“I don’t date ugly creatures like you.” And walked off leaving the girl to finally shed her tears. The other boys smirked at the girl who followed Kris amused. They were already popular with the ladies in their world. Of course being with humans they would be even more. They walked off with hands in their pockets and amused grins. The girl started shedding more tears until a tissue was held out to her. She looked up and saw Sohee looking down at her with a sympathetic smile. Sohee gave the tissue to the girl and then walked off to catch up to the boys. The hallways soon dispersed after and everyone went back to their own business.

“Damn that was brutal.” Suho said after what they saw.

“That guy was a jerk!” Krystal yelled out.

“At least the girl was nice. How did she manage to hang out with jerks like them?” Chanyeol said.

“You can’t assume they’re all jerks just because of what one guy did.”DO rolled his eyes.

“Uh yes I can. Did you see their smirks? They were clearly amused.”

"Maybe she was just pretending to be nice. I mean everyone was looking at them. Maybe she was faking it. There's no way a nice girl like her would be ok dating and hanging out with jerks." Krystal said. 

Kai zoned out of the conversation as the scene where Sohee gave the tissue to the girl replayed in his mind. She did seem nice. Krystal's right. Why is someone nice like her hanging out with jerks like them?

“That was a little mean don’t you think?” Sohee said as she, Kris, and Luhan was in their classroom already. Kris, who had his legs on top of the table, looked over to her.

“No, I don’t think so. Girls like her disgust me. she doesn’t even know me yet she says she likes me? She likes me based on what? My looks? That’s it? She doesn’t even know me.”

“Still, ripping her confession letter in front of her must have hurt her a lot.” Sohee said sadly.

Kris softened up seeing her frown. “Hey, I didn’t mean to hurt her feelings that much. I just wanted to show her I didn’t like her. Next time I’ll let them down more gently ok?”

“Yeah smile sweetheart. We don’t like it when you frown. If the Prince saw you like that he’ll shave our heads off.” Luhan teased.

"That would be something intreasting to see. I would like to see a bald Luhan." Luhan shuddered and they all laughed and soon they were joking with each other again.

After class they all headed to the gym. Today their schedule consisted of PE and the vampire boys were all hyped up for it. Yesterday’s baseball game got them excited to play.

“Ok class. We will be combining Ms. Lee’s class and Mr. Song’s class for PE. Today’s game is dosgeball. Class vs class. Lee vs Song. Whichever class wins the game gets to sit out and have free play next gym day while the losing team runs a mile on the track! So try hard! I want a clean match do you understand? If I see any foul play that person is getting a week’s worth of detention cleaning the gym floors! Understand?!” the coach yelled out. Everyone yelled out an agree and the game began.

Kai tried to get close to Sohee during the game but she was being surrounded by Kris and Luhan. They were playing an inte

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter