Chapter 16

Blood Lines
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Alright class the camping trip is next week. I will need your parents to sign these waivers allowing you all to go.” Ms. Lee passed them out to the class.

Luhan raised his hand.

“Yes Luhan?”

“Our parents aren’t here with us.” The class stopped and looked towards him. “We can’t get these waivers signed.”

Ms. Lee looked over at Kris, Sohee, and Luhan.

“That’s right…” she mumbled. She thought about it for a bit.

“We don’t need to go.” Kris shrugged his shoulders boredly.

“This camping trip is your grade young man.” She looked at him sternly. Kris rolled his eyes. “I will talk to the principle about you three. I’m guessing that the other transfers are in the same boat as well?”

Luhan nodded boredly with his hand under his chin. 

“Very well then. I’ll have a talk about you guys to the principle with Mr. Song. Now back to the camping trip. We will leave at 6 AM sharp Monday morning. Be there or the bus will be leaving you. Tardiness will not be tolerated. There you will be divided into your tent groups, who you will share a tent with. There will be two separate showers boys and girls. I better not see any girls in the boys and vice versa. You all with have chores that would be given to you as well when you get there. The itinerary will be then given at the camping site as well. Any questions?”

“No ma’am.” The class answered.

“Good. I’ll see you all tomorrow with you permission slips. Class dismissed.” 

They were all packing up to leave school when Chanyeol, Baekhyun, and Kai walked up to their desk.

“It’ll be a bummer if you guys can’t go.” Chanyeol said.

“Yeah, real bummer…” Baekhyun said secretly hoping they don’t go so he doesn’t need to do Luhan’s chores because he lost the bet.

Luhan smirked and swung his arm over Baekhyun. “Aw, Baekkie don’t worry. If I don’t go you can just repay me back on the bet another way.” He grinned mischeviously at the boy.

Baekhyun threw his arm off and pouted.

Kai walked up to Sohee. “I hope you guys go.” He smiled down tenderly at Sohee, who returned his smile. 

"By the way who was that guy the other day?" he asked Sohee. 

"Huh? Oh are you talking about the guy with the idiotic look on his face that pulled me out of school?"

Kai nodded.

"Oh that's Jaehyun oppa."

"Jaehyun oppa?"

Sohee nodded. "Yeah, he's like an older brother to me."  

Kris watched as Kai continued to converse with Sohee. He saw how Kai smiled at her and looked at her. He crossed his arms. How intresting. 

“Seriously? I just got here and you guys are already leaving?” Jaehyun said as they were eating dinner.

“Its not like I want to go.” Tao whined. “Maybe they won’t let us go since we don’t have parents to sign off our papers!” Tao said excitedly. 

Luhan rolled his eyes. "You wish."

“How many days?” Jaehyun asked.

“3 days and 2 nights.” Lay answered.

Jaehyun nodded. “I’m guessing you guys won’t be taking a risk to feed right?”

“Probably not.” Xiumin said with a mouthful of food. “We don’t want to get caught.”

“what did you do all today oppa?” Sohee looked over at him.  

Flashback

Jaehyun spent all day today walking around town. He went into town to find anything suspicious. Kris was right. This town seem normal just like any other town. It was peaceful, yes there were petty crimes here and there but it wasn’t out of the ordinary. However, what bothered him was what the Kris had told him the other night.

“This town is peaceful and with a nice woods abundant of life in there to feed. The weather is nice as well and these thick woods hide almost any activity in here. This is a perfect place for any wolf pack or any supernatural being to live in. Yet…”

“Yet there are none.” Jaehyun finished his sentence.

Kris nodded. “We thought it was strange too so we investigated. But nothing out of the ordinary. Maybe the wolves just didn’t like this place? Who knows what those mutts think.”

Jaehyun nodded. “But still its strange.”

He thought back to his conversation with Kris. He had wanted to stay here a couple days to be with Sohee before he left and also see if the rogues were coming here. But now there was another reason he decided to stay longer. He thought back to the stranger he bumped into outside the ice cream shop. There was something off about that guy but Jaehyun didn’t know what. He didn’t even know who he was so there was no way to investigate him. He sighed and called it a day.

As he was walking back he passed by a jewelry store. He looked through the store window and saw a necklace on display. He walked into the store.

“Hello sir, how can we help you?” the worker asked blushing at his handsomeness.

“Hi, can I see the necklace displayed out there?”

The worker went to go get it for him. “You have a good eye sir. This is the star of our newest collection.”

 He looked at it and smiled. “I’ll take it.”

The worker wrapped the necklace up for him. “Your girlfriend is very lucky to have a boyfriend like you.”

Jaehyun chuckled. “She’s not my girlfriend. She’s so much more special.” 

Jaeyhun broke out of his thoughts and smiled at Sohee. “Nothing much. Just explored town and did some more shopping.”  

“I can’t believe we’re going.” Tao said unbelievingly as the vampires all stood in front of their school waiting to get loaded on the bus.

It’s was a Monday. The vampires were able to hang out with Jaehyun for a couple days and trained alongside him over the weekend until today. Apparently Ms. Lee and Mr. Song had talked to the principal about the vampire’s situation on the waiver forms. The principle thought it would be a good experience for them and that it would be a shame if they weren't able to experience this trip with their classmats. Therefore, he excused them for having them sign it. So here they are at 6 AM Monday morning in front of school all with a grumpy Tao and Luhan. Tao was too much a diva to be camping outside and Luhan was just irritated he had to do something he didn’t want to do. 

“Yay you guys made it!” Chanyeol said as he made his ways to the vampires. “This is going to be fun!”

“Yeah, fun.” Kris scoffed.

“Aw don’t be a Debbie downer.” Chen said and tried to lay his arm over Kris’s shoulder only to be pushed away.

“Chen’s right.” Suho said with a smile. “It won’t be that bad.”

“OK CLASS GET ON THE BUS! WE’RE GETTING READY TO LOAD!”

The group made their way to the bus. Tao sat next to Kris only to have the latter groan at having to listen to his talking throughout the whole trip. Chen sat with Lay and Xiumin sat with Luhan. Sohee sat down on a seat. Kai walked up and saw her and wanted to sit next to her until he saw Sehun take the seat next to her. Kai pressed his lips together and looked around. Suho was already seated with DO and Chanyeol was sitting with Baekhyun.

“Kai I saved you a seat!” he looked to his left and saw Krystal smiling at him. He looked over at Sohee one more time before reluctantly going to sit with her.

Sohee yawned.

“Are you sleepy?” Sehun asked.

Sohee nodded. “Didn’t get much sleep last night catching up with Jaehyun.”

“Well then here.” He patted his shoulder. He looked over at her and smiled. “My shoulders are yours to use as you please. Its a long ride. Sleep until we get there.”

Sohee smiled amused and laid her head on his shoulder and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter