Chapter 14

Blood Lines
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was the day of the festival and the vampires had al arrived at the festival midafternoon. They walked out of their expensive cars and all eyes were on them. They could hear whispers from girls awing them and whispers of the older people talking about them and realizing they were the new kids in town.  

“Thank goodness its autumn and the sun isn’t that bright out.” Lay said as he looked towards the sky. Even though they weren’t afraid of sunlight they were still weak under it directly.

“You’re here!” they looked up to see Kai and his friends walking towards them. Krystal was also next to them clinging onto Kai’s arm.

“I’m glad you could make it.” Kai said smiling down at Sohee.

“We said we would come.” Sehun replied his hands entwined with hers.

“Great.” Chanyeol placed his arm around Chen’s shoulder. “Let’s go eat! There’s a lot of delicious food here.”

“Food? Show us the way!” Xiumin smiled cheerily hooking his arm with Luhan’s as they followed Chanyeol. The group walked around booths trying out all sorts of food that was being dols. They ate tteokbokki, bimbap, kimbap, meat skewers, fish cakes, and more. They were enjoying themselves. Kai couldn’t keep his eyes off of Sohee the whole time there. Even though Krystal was by his side the whole time he wanted nothing more than to be next to Sohee and talk to her. This didn’t get unseen by Krystal and Sehun noticed it as well. After the group was full and satisfied with their meal they decided to play some carnival games.

“This one this one!” Baekhyun ran into a booth.  “How do we play?” he asked as the rest caught up with him.

“Its simply. Here.” The shop owner demonstrated. “All you need to do is to get this ring around one of these glass bottles. That’s it.” He threw it but it flung away. “Not easy though.” He chuckled.

Baekhyun looked over at Chnayeol. “Let’s play!” he bought a bucket of rings and started flinging it into the bottles with Chanyeol. The vampires watched amused. They knew there was no way the rings would make it into the bottle unless they got really lucky. The rings were made from plastic and everytime the ring was thrown it would bounce away from the glass bottles. Baekhyun’s and Chanyeols bucket was almost out of rings.

“COME ON!” Baekhyun yelled. “I WANT THAT TOY!” the others started laughing at their friend and Suho scratched his head.

“Baek I don’t think you’ll be able to do it.”

“YAH SHUT UP HYUNG YOU’RE JINXING IT!”

They laughed. After the final ring was thrown Baekhyun pouted. Chanyeol gave him an encouraging pat on the back.

“But I really want it.” Baekhyun pouted. 

Luhan laughed. “It wasn’t that hard.”

Baekhyun scoffed. “You try it then.” He challeneged.

Luhan raised an eyebrow. “What if I win that toy for you, what do I get in return?”

“Its not like you can win.”

“What if I can do it in one try?”

The vampires shook their head. They knew Luhan was going to be able to win. They felt bad for Bakehyun because they knew he was going to say something stupid and that’s what Luhan wanted.

“If you’re able to win I’ll do all your chores that you have to do in our camping trip.” Baekhyun said.

“Idiot he just dug his own grave.” Chen chuckled and shook his head. The other vampires grinned knowing Baekhyun was about to have a hard time.

“How are you so sure? Baekhyun and Chanyeol both used two buckets and they were no where near close to getting it. How is Luhan going to do it in one try?” DO asked.

“Just watch.” Kris smirked.

“Ok. Deal! No going back little Bacon.”

“DON’T CALL ME THAT GIRLY BOY!”

the group laughed. “Oh you’re going to pay! I would like to play!” Luhan called out to the booth owner.

“Alright there do you want a bucket?”

Luhan shook his head. “All I need is one.” He picked up one and smirked. He looked at the piles of glass bottles and flung the plastic ring. In one shot it went in.

“YES!” Luhan raised his hands up celebrating. The vampires shook their head. They knew what he did. He used his powers. Baekhyun had his mouth opened gaping at what just happened.

“What the….Hyung! that was impressive!” Chanyeol shouted.

Luhan smirked and threw the prize to Baekhyun, which he caught. “Remember to do all my chores on the camping trip well.” He laughed maniacally and walked off, the others following.

“Wha-what, how, what?” Baekhyun stuttered.

Xiumin laughed. “Come on.” 

The group continued to go around and play games. Needless to say the vampires were all extremely good at them. Krystal and the boys were gaping at how good they were at the carnival games. They won every single game they played.

“I thought Sohee was good at games, but you guys are all on another level.” Kai gaped as Tao knocked down all the cans with one shot.

Tao smirked. “We like to play baseball. It was a lucky shot.”

“Really? Me too!” Suho said. Baseball was one of the games that Suho actually enjoyed playing. “Where do you guys play at?”

“Our house. We have a huge field where we play.”

“Can we come over one day and play? Come to think of it I would like to visit your place.” Baekhyun asked.

The vampires looked at each other debating if it was a good idea to invite them over to their house. Yes, they were their friends but their house has so many un-normal things around that they would have to hide. For one, all the blood packs they have hiding in their fridge.

Baekhyun took their silence as a no. “I’m sorry, I shouldn’t have invited us without asking you guys first.”

“Its ok.” Sehun replied. “Why not? Our house is pretty big, if you guys want you guys can come.”

“Really?” Kai eyes lighted up.

“Yeah sure.” Sohee smiled at him. He really wanted to visit their place. He wanted to know where Sohee lived and of course spend more time with her.

“Can I come too?” Krystal asked cutely.

“Sorry.” Kris looked at her. “I don’t feel comfortable having a girl walk around the place I live in.”

“But you live with Sohee.”

“She’s different.” He replied back. 

Noticing the awkward tension rising Sohee looked over to a shooting game.

“Let’s go over there.” She said as she dragged Sehun over, the rest soon followed.

“Hello sir, how do we play?” she asked the booth owner.

“Its easy. This is a shooting game.” he gestured to the other players who was holding bb guns in their hands and shooting. “You see that target?” he pointed to a piece

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter