Chapter 26

Blood Lines
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kai stepped into school back in full health. He had been out of school for a total of 3 days. Sohee visited him the first day he was sick and he felt so blissful for that day. After that day he was excited when he thought that Sohee was going to come visit him again, only to be disappointed to see Suho walk into his room instead. Sohee didn’t come visit him for the next day either. Kai was sad and asked Suho about Sohee, he was worried that he might’ve gotten her sick but Suho just replied that she was fine. Kai just wanted to see her again and walked into school with excitement to see the girl he’s been aching to see the past couple of days. He spotted her at her locker and went up to her.

“Boo.”

Sohee turned around and saw Kai.

“Hi,” she smiled. “It looks like you’re all better now.”

“Thanks to you.”

“I didn’t do much.”

“Its because you took such good care of me on the first day that I was able to recover this fast.”

Sohee let out a small smile and nodded.

“I should go.” She stepped back and tried to walk away from Kai.

“Wait, let’s go together. We do have the same class.” He smiled and fell into step with her.

Sohee stopped and bit her lips. “I’m actually going to go see Sehun. You can go to class first.”

“I want to see the other guys too. I haven’t seen them in 3 days. I’ll go with you.”

“No!”

Kai stopped and blinked. He was surprised at her strong opposition.

Sohee felt bad when she saw the look on Kai’s face. He didn’t do anything wrong for her to treat him like this. it was all her fault. Its her fault for having these feelings.

“I mean, I’m sorry, let’s go.”

“Ok…” Kai said warily and walked next to her. During their short walk there was an uncomfortable silence between the two. Kai had noticed that Sohee looked bothered, like something was on her mind. She was also keeping a good distance from him. If you looked at the two from the outside it doesn’t even seem like the two knew each other. It was like they were strangers. They soon saw the others and walked to them. Sohee immediately went to Sehun, leaving Kai.

Kai’s mood went down despite seeing his friends. He thought that when he was healthy again, he and Sohee could hang out more. He didn’t know what he did wrong or what happened from the time Sohee went to visit him to now. The whole day of school Sohee barely spoke to him. When she did it was only to answer his questions and short greetings. She was stuck to Sehun like glue, more than often. This went on for the next couple days as well. Kai didn’t feel happy at all about this. He would watch Sohee from afar and feel his heart tug a little. She was so close yet so far from him.

Sohee felt bad. She saw how sad Kai was, but she had to do it. She was getting too close to Kai, so she did what she thought was best, to keep a distance from him. Luhan was right. She loved Sehun, and she shouldn’t be giving Kai false hope. It doesn’t seem like Kai likes her but she can’t take any chances. She has Sehun, Sehun was the guy for her. She loves him. But why does she feel like crap when she looks at Kai’s down casted face when she ignores him.

Its been a week and Sohee was still keeping a distance from Kai. Kai was dejected. He walked into school and Krystal approached him.

“Kai.” She said.

Kai looked at her and walked around her, taking another route into an empty hallway.

“Kai!” she ran up to him and pulled his arm back. “Please talk to me.”

“There is nothing for us to talk about.”

“Yes there is!” Krystal pulled him back. “Why did you break up with me?”

“Krystal not again. I told you. I see you as a little sister. Yes, I love you but that love is nothing but sibling love. I’ve realized that I can’t give you more than that. You need someone who would love you and that’s not me.”

“Bull! We were fine! We were even talking about going to college together and getting engaged! Our families have known each other for our whole lives! We were perfect together! We were perfect for so long and then all of a sudden you changed your mind! I want to know the real reason!”

“Krystal-“

“Its because of here isn’t it?!” Kai looked at Krystal with his brows furrowed.

“What-“

“You’ve been different ever since they came. Ever since she and her gang came to town. it’s because of her isn’t it?!”

“I’ve told you my reason Krystal. Please don't make accusations that aren't true. There is nothing you can say or do that would change my mind. We just don’t belong together, it won’t work. I’m sorry.”

Kai walked away without looking back at Krystal. Krystal glared at his back and tightened her fist.

 

Kai walked into class and greeted Sohee. She just gave him a small smile and greeted him back. Kai sighed and went to his seat. Kai noticed that it was only Luhan with Sohee today. Kris wasn’t in class. He wondered where the male went.  

“Don’t worry about them. I’m sure they’re fine.” Luhan said as he saw Sohee’s face. She sighed.

“I know but, after what happened, I don’t want anything bad to happen to them.”

“You know how strong we are. They’ll be fine. Stop frowning or you’ll get wrinkles.” Sohee chuckled and soon the teacher came in to start class.

Sohee, Luhan, and Tao were the only ones left in town. The others had gone to the neighboring town after hearing that there was another murder. They went to see if it was the rogues that Jaehyun came to find, or the people who killed Jaehyun. Sohee was worried. She knew the boys were all powerful but so was Jaehyun and look what happened to him. She couldn’t lose any more precious people in her life. She doesn’t think she can take it. Sohee sighed and glanced back to where Kai was. She saw his frown and saddened. She wanted to talk to him like before but she couldn’t. She didn’t know what she felt towards him and she didn’t want to find out. She had Sehun.

Sohee was at her locker getting her things ready for class. It was a new day and she was by herself. Luhan and Tao decided that they would take the day off to replenish their blood supply and train. They asked Sohee to stay with them but she opted out. They refused to let her go to school alone but after a lot of begging and persuading they hesitantly agreed. She wanted to go to school to distract her from everything that had happened so far. She was worried about Sehun and the boy’s safety, still sad about Jaehyun, pissed off at the people who murdered him, and most importantly her feelings towards Kai. She did not want to be near Luhan when she was trying to figure these things out. If she let her thoughts slip or Luhan decided to penetrate her mind again it wouldn’t just be another “nice” talk this time. Don’t get her wrong, she loves Luhan. He was like an older brother to her but she knows at the end of the day its Sehun he would choose to protect. Sohee sighed and rested her head on her locker until she felt a shadow loom over her. She turned around and was welcome with Krystal’s angry face.

Sohee internally sighed.

“What is it now Krystal? I’m really not in the mood today.”

The whole hallway was now quiet as they watched the scene. It was obvious now that there will always be trouble when these two are face to face.

 Krystal scoffed.

“You’re not in a mood? Do you think I like to be bothered by someone like you?”

“What do you want. Really? This is getting really tiring and childish.”

“I told you to stay away from him didn’t I? Why do you have to be such a ? Everyone in this school, hell everyone in this town knew that Kai and I were going to get married. We were the perfect couple until your self-came here. I’m really wondering. Are you really just Sehun’s girlfriend or are you sleeping with his friends as well?” she smirked. “That’s the only reason I can think of makes sense for them to be following you around and protecting you. You’re nothing special.”

“You know this is getting really annoying.” Sohee ran a hand through her hair. “You seriously have some self-esteem issues you need to work out on your own. Don’t piss me off, I’m not in the mood. I haven’t even paid you back fo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter