Chapter 20

Blood Lines
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

PLAY THIS https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nof2jmOrZZ8

Sohee walked emotionlessly into Jaehyun’s room. The boys had to pry her arms away from Jaehyun. They needed to burn his body so no one would know who he really was and how he died. She had refused to let go of his body and fought them until Luhan hypnotized her and knocked her unconscious.  

She walked in and looked around the room he had briefly stayed at. She sat down slowly on the bed he used and laid down. She grabbed the pillow he used and hugged it and cried. How can he leave her? She buried her face into the pillow. She missed him. She missed him so much. She laid emotionlessly on the bed until a box caught her attention on the nightstand. 

She got up and looked at the box. It was addressed to her. There was a letter underneath the box. She hesitantly opened the letter and read it.

My dear Sohee,

Oh how you have grown up. I remember when I first met you in the palace you were a little girl and now you’re a woman. But no matter what you’ll always be my little sister. I saw you grow up so much. When you were bullied and came home crying to me every day after school it broke my heart. I vowed to protect you with my life. I always thought you’ll always need to rely on me until you meet your future husband. but who would have thought that you would meet him so early on in your life? How can you meet your soulmate before me? that’s not fair at all.

A tear dropped on the letter as Sohee can imagine Jaehyun’s pout while writing this.

But I am glad that you met him. Sehun is a good kid. I was hesitant when I first found out that you loved him. He was a prince and we were nothing but his workers. I was scared he would treat you wrongly. I was even more scared when the king found out about you two and wanted to execute you. I was hesitant to let this relationship continue seeing how much trouble it caused. But when I met you again here and saw how happy you were I was glad. I was glad that you finally have a home and a family. The boys treat you well and I can see that Sehun loves you a lot. When dad died I thought I was the only one you could rely on but now you have Sehun and the boys. By the time you read this I’m probably going back to the Vampire Kingdom. I’m sorry I have to leave you here alone. But I have a duty to my king. I promise I’ll visit you as often as I can. Next time I visit I hope to bring you my future wife. I hope I find her soon. and the next time I come Sehun better have already blood bond with you. if not I’ll wring his head off for you. I saw this necklace when I was walking around town and I thought it’ll fit you. You shine bright like a star no matter what. Wear this and think of me. :) make Sehun jealous ok? I can’t wait to walk you down the aisle and hand you over to Sehun. Honestly its getting tiring watching out for you. I can’t wait to give all the responsibility to Sehun. Until we meet again dear sister.

Love from all my heart,

Jaehyun

Sohee’s sobbed. Tears were wetting the letter. She held the letter to her heart. She looked at the box and picked it up. She laid the letter down on and opened the box with shaky hands. 

 

Wear this and think of me.

Sohee cried. Her shaky hands went to take the necklace off the box and clamped it around her neck. She looked down to the diamond and kissed it.

“Jaehyun. I miss you so much. You lied. You’re not coming back. You’re not going to walk me down the aisle. You’re not going to introduce me to your wife. You didn’t protect me forever like you promised. You left me too soon. We didn't make enough memories together.” She sobbed on the bed.  Memories of her and Jaehyun played in her mind. From the day they met, her first day at the Vampire Academy, the day his father died, the day she told him she fell in love with Sehun, the day he left for military training, the day he was knighted, the day he saved her from execution, the day he met her again here. All their happy memories played and she couldn't help but feel a piece of her heart had left with him. 

“Hey we haven’t heard from them ever since they ran off during the trip.” Baekhyun said as him and his friends were over at Suho’s house. It has been two days since that day. It was now Friday and they still haven’t heard anything from the vampires yet.   

“Do you think they’re ok?” Kai furrowed his eyebrows. “They looked really worried when they ran off.”

Suho patted the younger boys shoulder. “I think they’ll be fine. Don’t worry too much.”

“But still…”

“How about we go visit them?” Chanyeol suggested.

“Do you think they’ll be ok with that?” DO asked. “We just can’t invite ourselves to their house unannounced.”

“They said that they’re fine with us coming over during camp right?” Baekhyun said. The boys nodded. “So I’m sure they won’t mind. We can bring food. If they are sad or anything maybe a little get together would cheer them up.”

“Baek got a point.” Chanyeol said.

Suho sighed. “I don’t know.”

“Oh, come on.” Baekhyun swung his arm around Suho’s shoulders. “They told us their address already. And they did say yes. Plus, we’re all worried about them. they’re our friends and if there is a problem we might be able to help too. Kai you in?”

The image of Sohee’s worried face flashed in his head. He really wanted to know if the girl was ok. He nodded.

“Great its settled then!” 

“Sohee.” Sehun knocked on Jaehyun’s door. After that night Sohee refused to leave his room. She didn’t eat, she didn’t drink, she didn’t talk to anyone not even Sehun. Everytime anyone would get near her she’ll yell at them and fight them off. She would scream to be alone. Sehun was lost. It broke his heart to see her like this. He tried but was returned with shouts and hits. Sohee would just lock herself in the room and cry. Of course he and the other boys could knock down the door easy but they didn’t want to upset her more than she already was. He knocked on the door again.

“Baby you have to feed at least. You haven’t drunk or eaten anything in 2 days. Please.”

No answer. Sehun sighed and took a knife out and slashed the palm of his hand hoping his blood scent will make her hungry and drink. He didn’t care of hurting himself. All he cared for was the girl on the other side of the door. He waited but still no answer. Sehun slid down dejectedly on the wall.

“Baby, please.” He begged.

“I smell blood!” Luhan yelled out as he raced up the stairs. “Sehun!” he exclaimed when he saw his palm. “What happened?! YIXING! COME HERE NOW!”

Luhan sat down and took Sehun’s hurt hand into his.

“ARE YOU CRAZY?! WHAT HAPPENED!?” Luhan yelled out angry.

Sehun looked up at Luhan. 

“Hyung, how can I help her? She hasn’t fed or eaten in two days.” he asked heartbroken.

Luhan’s facial expression soften.  “Sehun…”

“I’m here! What happened!? Your hand!” Lay exclaimed when he got to the two boys. Lay sat down and took Sehun’s palm into his. Light emitted from his hands and closed the cut.

“She didn’t even react to my blood.” Sehun said softly. “I love her but the smell of my blood didn't even faze her.”

Lay and Luhan shared a sad expression on their face to their youngest.

“Sehun, she’s just in pain right now.” Luhan said softly. “Give her some time. I know you’re worried about her. We all are. But you can’t harm yourself like this. You’re the prince.”

“What use is it to be a prince when you can’t even help the girl you love?”

“Sehun-ah,” Lay voiced out, “I know you’re hurting right now. but a broken heart takes time to heal. Even I can’t heal that. I’m sure she knows you’re worried about her too and she wouldn’t want you to harm yourself like this just for her sake. So give her time. Ok?”

Sehun nodded dejectedly.

“Come on. Let’s go downstairs. Kris wants to talk to all of us.” Lay said. 

The three boys walked into the meeting room in their house. Once they walked in they took a seat on one of the chairs around the table. The other boys were already there.

“How’s Sohee?’ Kris asked Sehun.

“She still won’t answer or come out of the room. She won’t even take my blood.” Sehun said sad.

The other boys gave a sad look at the youngest.

“Give her time.” Xiumin said hopeful. Sehun returned with just a nod.

Kris cleared his throat. “The reason why I called this meeting is because of Jaehyun’s death.” All the vampire’s eyes turned red when they looked up to their leader.

“Did you find out who it was?” Tao growled.

“Among the bodies that was found with Jaehyun none of them had the cursed weapon that was used to kill him. That means the bastard is still alive.” Luhan hissed.

“What I don’t understand is why a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter