Chapter 17

Blood Lines
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Once Mr. Song yelled out “go” everyone rushed into the woods. The prize was just too tempting to let pass. Each pair was given a compass, a first aid kit, and a clue to their first checkpoint. Kai and Sohee both ran into the woods. Sehun could care less if he won or not but Luhan was not having it. He made a bet and there was no way he was going to lose to Baekhyun. So he dragged the younger boy in. Sehun and Luhan’s team already out of everyone else’s sight. On the oter hand even though the other vampire could catch up with Sehun and Luhan easily there was no way their partners could, so they opted out to just try to win this the normal way. Tao on the other hand was grumbling the whole time.

“CAN YOU HURRY UP?!” he yelled at his partner.

Krystal walked up to him and flipped her hair. “Do you think its easy for me to be doing this?! This is stupid!”

“You’re stupid! Now if we become last place I will personally make your life a living hell. NOW MOVE IT!” he yelled out.

Krystal stomped her feet and tried to catch up to Tao. Apparently, Mr. Song didn’t mention the other part of this game. With a winner there will be a loser. The last team that finishes or the team who never finished the scavenger hunt will be punished. The punishment? Washing dishes for the rest of the trip and there was no way in hell that Tao was going to do that.

Kai and Sohee already made it to their first checkpoint. Their first clue was easy to decipher.

“Hey, its right here!” Kai exclaimed crouching down to a boulder to pick up a bag with their team number on it. He pulled a piece of paper out and read it.  

“I die once a year, yet time makes me stronger. As I grow up my arms grow longer. I have a bark, but can’t wag my tail. You will find me where most people trail. What the hell does that mean?” Kai said.

Sohee smile. “A tree.”

“What?”

“A tree. It dies once a year in the fall and winter but grows stronger in spring. As the tree ages its branches grow longer. Trees have barks but no tail.”

“But which tree? We’re surrounded by trees.” Kai looked around.

“The tree Ms. told us about earlier today. The tree in the middle of the woods near a trail where people leave their wishes on.”

“How are you sure?”

“The clue said you will find me where most people trail. Ms. Lee said that many people in town travel to that tree to leave their wishes.”

“Alright. To the tree then.” He smiled. Sohee nodded. 

True to Sohee’s guess the next clue was there. The two and the others continued to play this scavenger hunt and the sun was slowly setting. They were almost done when the bumped into Tao and Krystal.

“Sohee!” Tao called out with a smile.   

“Tao!” she ran up to him at the next checkpoint.

“Kai oppa!” Krystal yelled out and ran to Kai and hooked her arms around his. “I missed you.”

“Not now Krystal.” And removed her arm and went over to help Sohee with the next clue. Krystal looked at Sohee. She’s the reason why Kai oppa is ignoring me.

“Having fun?” Sohee asked.

Tao gave her a deadpanned look. “Fun my . Miss diva over there thinks she’s queen or something not helping with anything. All she does is whine about how this is stupid and how much she’s sweating. I’m just glad we’re almost done.”

Sohee chuckled. “My poor panda.”

“The next clue is near the edge of the slope on that bolder over there. Be careful ok? This is the last clue. See you at the finish line.” Tao helped her.

“Thanks Tao.” She smiled at him and went towards where the clue was with Kai.

“Its over there.” Sohee pointed to the bag with their team number on it.

“I’ll get it. Its too close to the edge.” Kai said as he proceeded to take the clue but couldn’t reach it.

“Its ok I can get it.” Sohee assure and walked over.

“Are you sure?” Kai asked worried. “I don’t want you to get hurt.”

“I’m sure. Just watch out for me ok?” she smiled and walked over to the edge.

“KRYSTAL COME ON! YOU BETTER COME HERE OR I’M LEAVING YOU!” Tao yelled out breaking Krystal’s concentration away from Kai and Sohee. She saw Tao already running and making his way towards the finish.

“I’m coming, hold on geez!” she ran over to Tao. As she was getting closer she where Sohee was she saw Sohee stretching to get their next clue close near the edge. She ran over to her and “accidenty” bumped into Sohee a little when Kai wasn’t paying attention and ran off.

“AH!” Sohee yelled. She lost her balance and rolled down the slope.

“SOHEE!” Kai yelled out trying to grab onto Sohee but ended losing his balance and falling as well.

The two rolled down the slope.

Sohhe was the first one to sit up after she stopped rolling.

“Ow.” She looked over at Kai who also fell.

“Are you ok Jongin?”

Kai sat up. “Yeah seems like it.” He dusted himself. “How about you?”

“I’m fine. Oh.” she looked down at her foot. She pulled her right foot closer to her and inspected it. Damnit its sprain. I guess I can get Lay to heal it when I get back up. Vampires had a higher tolerance to pain. Even though her leg was hurt and bruised Sohee could hardly feel it. 

“You’re hurt!” Kai yelled out.

“Its nothing. I think its just sprained.”

Kai touched her right foot.

Kai frowned. “That looks bad.” He said. He l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter