Chapter 8

Blood Lines
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kai and Sohee was at the library again after class doing their project. After an hour Kai stretched his body. He looked over at Sohee.

“Hey.” He called out stopping her concentration. She looked up at him with a questioning gaze.  

“Our project is due in another week. How about we stop for today?”

Sohee nodded her head and started packing up.

“I’ll see you tomorrow Kai-shi.” She was about to leave when Kai stopped her.

“Hey, do you actually want to go somewhere?”

Sohee gave him a weird look. “Go somewhere?”

Kai nodded. “I mean we’re partners and I know nothing about you. Let’s just hang out. Sehun won't come to pick you up until a few more hours right?"

She nodded her head.

Kai smiled. Come on I know where we can go.” He grabbed her hand and led her out. 

“The arcade?” Sohee looked at Kai blankly who had an excited grin on his face.

“Yeah! I haven’t been here in a while. Let’s play!”  

Kai bought two ticket cards for them and went to the first game.

“Ok. So when the light turns on you have to press the buttons. You have to be quick because its fast. Ok ready?” Sohee looked at Kai and nodded. “GO!”

The two were pressing the light up buttons. Sohee having an easier time than Kai as her vampire reflexes kicked in. She got every single one, while Kai on the other hand didn’t.

“Wow you’re really good at this game.” Kai said when they saw how many tickets she earned. He was already sweating from that game and pouting because he didn’t do half as good as she did. Sohee looked at him and smiled. Cute.

“What next?” she asked her excitement rising.

“There!” he pointed and the two went over to play. “I might not be amazing at other games but this is my favorite. Dancing is my thing.” Kai pointed to the dance pad with a smile.

“Oh.” Sohee said. “I’m not much of a dancer but Sehun is.”

Kai pressed his lips together. “This is my best game. Let’s play.” Sohee was never a dancer and this was her weakness. Her scores were just good at the best. She looked over to Kai as she was playing and saw his happy grin on his face and the way he was following the arrows. She smiled. She could tell that dance was his thing. They finished the song and Kai smiled widely at her. She looked over at him and reached her hand over and wiped his sweat on his forehead.

Kai blushed and wiped his sweat. “Sorry, I sweat a lot huh?”

Sohee shook her head. "Its ok. Where to next?" 

Throughout the hours they spent there, Kai was amazed at how well Sohee is at arcade games. When they were playing shooting games Sohee’s shots were fast and right on target, when they played basketball games Sohee’s shots were always made in, when they played any memorization games Sohee was always able to remember correctly, and when they played the strength game Kai was extremely embarrassed when Sohee broke the high score on the board when his didn’t even come close.

“Thank you, come again!” the person behind the counter smiled when she handed Sohee her prize. 

 

“Thank you.” Sohee smiled politely at the girl. The two walked out of the arcade and headed back to school.

“You’re really good at arcade games. Do you go a lot?”

Sohee shook her head. “No, I never had the time to.”

“You’re crazy good! Wow I’m jealous.”

They walked in silence. Kai was fidgeting with his hands wanting to talk to her more but didn’t know what to say. Sohee just walked normally holding onto her new plush.

“So….what made you move here?”

“Nothing special. We just thought it was a good idea to go around and see what’s out there for us.”

“We?”

“Me and the boys. You met them. Sehun, Kris, Luhan, Lay, Xiumin, Chen, and Tao. The boys.”

“So you all live together?”

Sohee nodded her head.

“Your parents don’t mind you living a house full of boys?”

Sohee stopped walking and gripped tightly on her toy. “My parents are no longer with me.” she said softly.

K

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter