Chapter 3

Blood Lines
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kai walked into his house after going to the bubble shop with his friends. He walked in and saw that his dad was already home. He idolizes his dad. His dad was a good man. He was the town’s mayor that everyone loved and supported. He was fair and just. He was also a great dad and husband. Kai never felt that he was missing any love from his dad.

“Dad, you’re home early.” As he made his way to the couch where his dad was with his mom.

His dad nodded. “Yup, well I thought we would have an early family dinner tonight. And I wanted to help your mom out. I can’t always make her cook by herself.” He kissed his wife’s cheek. Kai smiled at his parents. He loved his parent’s relationship as well. He always wanted a relationship like theirs. True he has Krystal but being with her always felt like it was what everyone expected. His dad and her dad are best friends and her dad was his dad’s right hand man in the mayor’s office. It was always expected of them to fall in love and end up together. He didn't like that. He wanted true love like what his dad had for his mom and the same for hers. He didn't feel that way with Krystal. 

“Oh sweetie, I heard there are new students that just transferred in your school.” His mom looked up at him. Being in a small town news traveled fast.

“Huh? Oh yes 8 of them actually. I have 3 in my class.”

“8 new students at once? That’s quite a big number.” His dad spoke up. “Do you know where they came from?”

Kai shook his head. “I didn’t get a chance to talk to them actually.” Thinking back to his failed attempts to talk to Sohee today.

“Well its nice having new faces in town. I’m sure we’ll see them soon. We will see them at the town’s annual autumn festival right?” his mom asked her son.

“I don’t know. I don’t think they know about it seeing as they just moved here.”

“You should ask them. and you can introduce your dad to them and their parents.”

His dad nodded at his mom’s suggestion. “Yes Jongin, invite them. Tell them on behalf of town I, the mayor, would like to officially welcome them.”

Kai nodded his head. “Will do.” 

7 cars drove out of the woods and into a house.  The house was located in the middle of the woods about 1 hour away from the town. They stepped out of their cars and made way into their new home. The house was made of stones and wood but was beautifully made. It was more than enough for all 8 of them to live in and was equipped with everything they needed.

“Its getting dark soon.” Kris grinned as he looked out the window. “Rest up kids, we will start our hunt when the sun goes down.”

7 faces grinned and faster than a blink of an eye they all made their way to their rooms to change and rest for the night with excitement.

Sehun pulled Sohee down on their shared bed and wrapped his arms around her body.

“Are you excited to feed? You must be hungry.” Sohee said to Sehun. Although they can survive off of human food they still need blood to keep their strength. Human food can only hold them for so long until they have to feed on blood.

Sehun nodded his head. “I am. Although it still won’t be as sweet as yours.”

Sohee blushed. Being half human Sohee didn’t crave blood as bad as the boys. She can survive fine like any other human with human food. But nothing fills her up as blood still. She offered her blood to Sehun so he can keep his strength up but he only took small bites, not wanting to weaken her. Drinking each other's blood was also a very intimate thing between vampires being as their blood was valuable. 

“What are you thinking about?” he asked her softly.

She looked up at him and touched his face. “Everything. You, me, the boys. Being here, away from them. Everything. I don’t know if this is a dream or not having you in my arms.”

Sehun took her hand from his face and kissed it. “Its true. Its real and nothing will ever tear us apart. Nothing. That’s a promise.”

“Do you regret it?” she asked softly. “Leaving? You’re the Prince while I’m nothing

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter