Chapter 22

Blood Lines
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Throughout the night Sehun couldn’t sleep. He looked down at the girl he loves cuddled up to him in his arms. He turned his body to look at the girl he fell in love with. After the scene he saw with Sohee and Kai he was quiet for the rest of the night. He watched Kai carefully all through the night and how he acted towards Sohee. Kai had the same look in his eyes as he did when he looked at Sohee. Sehun reached a hand out and place it on the side of her head. He studied the face that he had grown to love since he was a child.

He remembered the first time he saw her. She was sneaking peeks at him behind the wall she was hiding behind. He remembered being amused by the scene although he didn't show it. The next time they met he had a better look at her face and she took his breathe away. She was gorgeous. She had the coldness of a vampire and the humanity of humans. After getting to know her he not only fell for her face but her beautiful personality as well. He knew she was fragile and all he wanted to do was protect her.

He grew tired of his vampire life. ever since he was born he was raised to be a prince. Everything he wanted he got. Everyone was nice to him but he didn’t know if it was because of his status or because they liked him for him. The only people he could trust were his best friends; Kris, Luhan, Tao, Chen, Ximumin, and Lay. The life he had back there was an empty void until he met her. she brought life back into his undead heart.

The wind outside started to speed up as images of her and Kai earlier comes back to his mind. The smile she gave him; he couldn’t help but become jealous. The wind blew harder, so hard you could actually hear it whip the tree branches around outside. 

You’re not falling for him are you? He asked himself as he grazed her cheek with his thumb. He bent down and kissed her on the forehead before getting up quietly from the bed. He needed air.

Sehun was breathing hard. Both hands are on his leg as he catches his breath. He was hunting to take his mind off of Kai and Sohee. He didn’t know how long he was hunting for but by the number of dead animals around him, he could assume it was quite some time.

“You shouldn’t be out here this late. Not to mention by yourself. It’s dangerous.”

Sehun looked over to the owner of the voice and saw Luhan walking over to him. Luhan scanned the area and assessed the damage.

"Why aren't you asleep?"

“I was trying to but I heard someone leave the house. Curious, so I followed. How long were you out here for Hun? Damnit Sehun. Jaehyun was just killed and you go on a rampage? If they find these dead animals they’ll know we’re here.” Luhan glared at Sehun after seeing how many animals he had killed. Sehun wiped his lips with the back of his hand and stood up straight.

“Its fine. I’ll clean it up. don’t worry.” He said nonchalantly.

Luhan sighed. “So whats going on? I wish I could just read your mind right now but it doesn't work with other vampires. You don’t hunt like this unless you have something on your mind. Spill.”

Sehun sighed and sat down on the grass. He could fool anyone but he can’t hide from Luhan. Luhan was his closest friend for a reason. Luhan took a seat next to Sehun on the ground.

“Whats wrong?”

“Hyung…”

“Hm?”

“Sohee…do you think…”

“Do I think what?”

“Do you think she’ll fall out of love with me?” he asked unconfidently.

“What?! No! why?” Luhan exclaimed surprised. “She loves you so much, anyone could see that. Why would you even think that Sehun?”

Sehun was quiet for a few moments. Then he spoke. “She, she, drank from someone else hyung.” He said with a pained voice. “my blood. She didn’t react. Yet…Kai…. Kai was just sitting there. And she…”

“Sehun…” Luhan gave a sympathetic look. He understood. If he was in love with his soul mate and she drank from another guy he would be furious and hurt as well. Luhan looked at Sehun. Sehun is strong. He grew up well. He was strong but he was also very vulnerable when it comes to feelings. He had a hard time in the palace. His father always expecting him to be the perfect heir. He had a lot of stress at a very young age. All he wants was affection and someone to love. Luhan and the others could see how much Sohee means to him. That’s why they helped them.

“I don’t know hyung. Kai, he looks like he’s in love with her. The way he looks at her. the way he talks to her.”

“Sehun, it doesn’t matter how he feels about Sohee. All that matters is how Sohee feels about you. She loves you-“

“We haven’t blood bond yet. Maybe she doesn’t feel that we’re meant to be.” Sehun cut Luhan off leaving the latter in silence. Luhan felt a breeze pass and he could guess it was Sehun. The wind prince was sad.

“Sehun. Sehun listen to me ok? Sohee broke vampire rules to be with you. She kept yout relationship a secret for you. She betrayed the queen, your mom and her savior to be with you. She almost died because she wanted to be with you. She left the vampire kingdom for you. Everything she had done ever since the first day she met you was for you Sehun. Sohee loves you and only you. Maybe she hasn’t blood bond yet because she feels that you both aren’t ready yet. I can’t say I know everything about your relationship with her but from what I can tell she loves you Sehun. She loves you, so stop doubting it.” 

“Do you-do you really think so?” Sehun looked up at Luhan and asked in an insecure voice.

Luhan’s lips picked up to a small smile. The way Sehun looks right now reminded him of a 5-year-old Sehun who would follow him around when they were younger. Curious and naïve. Always asking him for help. Luhan reached a hand up and ruffled Sehun’s hair like he used to when they were kids.

“I know so. Now stop whining. You’re a prince for goodness sake.”

“Aish.” Sehun frowned and threw Luhan’s hand away, the latter chuckling. 

“Where are you going?” little Sohee asked as she say the boy next to her stand up.

“Daddy won’t find me if I keep staying hidden. Let’s go find him.” the boy smiled at her. “Come on.” He reached his good hand.

Little Sohee reluctantly took his hand and stood up.

“We should stay in one spot shouldn’t we? In case they come looking. We might get more lost.” Little Sohee said scared as she followed the little boy.

“Nah. We’ve been sitting there for too long. I’m getting hungry.” The little boy said. Their hands still locked together as they walked through the woods. To be honest Sohee was getting hungry again as well. The chocolate bar they had share was able to hold her hunger down but it was starting to come back out. She was getting hungry and this was bad especially with a human boy next to her, full of warm blood. Little Sohee’s eyes trailed up to the little boy next to her. He was cute. Big round eyes and a cute smile on his lips.

No I can’t hurt him. I can’t. I can’t hurt him. He’s my friend. Sohee thought to herself. The little boy, feeling Sohee’s stare, turned his head to her and smiled.

“Hey, let’s go over there.” He pointed near a small cliff. “We can see better up there.” He said as he ran over to high ground.

“Be careful!” Sohee told him but the little boy kept running. And unfortunately he fell.

“Ow.” he whined. Sohee ran over to him.

“I told you not to run.” She lectured. The little boy held his knee.

“Yeah, I’m sorry. Now I have a boo boo.” The little boy pouted.

Sohee’s nose picked up a smell. A delicious smell. He breathing started to get haggard. Her eyes shifting colors. Blood. Sohee looked down at the little boy who was holding his knee. His knee was bleeding and she saw how the blood was seeping out of the cut. Sohee’s breathing turned hard.

“Sohee?” the boy called out scared. “Are you-are you ok?” he started feeling scared as he saw her eyes. “Your eyes…” his eyes grew big as he saw her approach him slowly.

“So-Sohee?” he stuttered. Sohee couldn’t hear him. It was like there was nothing else in the world except her and him and her goal was that vein pumping the delicious blood through his body.

“Sohee?” he called out more afraid now as he slowly tried to back away from the girl.

“Sohee!” she bit into his neck.

Sohee shot up from the bed. She was breathing hard and sweat was dripping from the side of her face. What was that? she asked herself confused on her dream

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter