Chapter 23

Blood Lines
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The boys stepped out of their locker room and noticed the commotion inside the pool hall.

“Whats going on? Class is over why are there so many people in there?” Chanyeol asked confused.

“Let’s go check it out!” Chen said as they made their way into the room.

As the boys walked in they started to hear whispers.

“I can’t believe she jumped in!”

“Is that necklace that important?”

“She deserved it. What a .”

 “That necklace was probably from her sugar daddy.”

“Damn, do you think she’s ok?”

“Krystal’s a for doing that though. She can’t swim.”

“She seduced Kai even though she got a boyfriend. What a .”

Kai perked up when he heard his name. The boys looked at each other confused. Suho decided to ask a guy next to him what happened.

“Sunbae!” the guy exclaimed.

“Whats going on?” Suho asked. The guy’s eyes roamed over to the vampires and gulped.

Kris eyed the boy. “Tell us.”

The boy gulped. “Uhm, his eyes went over to Sehun and Kai. “Uhm, well you see. Uhm…”

“Spill it out already!” Tao yelled out scaring the boy.

“Uhm, Krystal took Sohee’s necklace and she jumped in to get it back-“

Before he could finish Sehun and Kai already pushed past the crowd and to the pool.

“Krystal!” Kai yelled out one he saw the girl. “What did you do?!”

"I didn't think she'll jump in! I swear! If I knew I wouldn't have done it!" 

Sehun raced over to the pool and saw Sohee’s body at the bottom. The other boys made their way there. As soon as they got there they heard a splash.

SPLASH

Sehun dived into the pool and searched for Sohee.

Babe, babe you’ll be fine.

He wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her up to the surface.

“You .” Tao growled and made his way towards Krystal. The girl coward back. “If anything happens to her I will kill you.” he said darkly.

Sehun made his way to the surface of the pool and gasped for air.

“Sehun!” Luhan called out and rushed over to the two. He helped Sehun pick Sohee out of the pool and laid her down. Sehun got out and crouched down next to the girl.

“Baby, baby, baby wake up.” he said as he slapped her cheeks lightly. He started giving her cpr to get the water out of her body.

“Baby come on.” He said as he gave to mouth. The wind outside blew harder than ever and it was uprooting trees as Sehun loses his control.

“Baby.” He begged as he continued to give her cpr. Then Sohee coughed and spit out water.

“Sohee!” Sehun yelled out and pulled the girl into a hug. “I thought I lost you.”

He pulled away and looked at her paler than normal face.

“Idiot! Why did you do that?!” he yelled at her.

Sohee weakly looked down at her hand and unclenched it to reveal Jaehyun’s necklace. Sehun’s face soften and pulled her into another hug.

“Babo, don’t ever scare me like that again ok?”

The boys were relieved when Sohee was a safe. However, the vampires’ faces hardened when they looked over to the culprit that got Sohee like that.

“Sehun, take Sohee to the nurse.” Kris ordered. Lay came over and took off his uniform jacket and covered Sohee with it. Sehun didn’t need to be told twice before picking Sohee up and carrying her out to the infirmary making his way past all the students that were gathered. 

“Krystal, you shouldn’t have done that.” Suho looked at her disappointed.

“I didn’t mean to!”

“She can’t swim Krystal! She could have died!” Kai exclaimed.

“Krystal, that was wrong.” DO shook his head.

“I can’t believe you’ll do something like that.” Chanyeol said.

“Why did you do it?” Baekhyun asked genuinely confused.

“Kai broke up with me.” Krystal’s voice started to crack. “I know its because of her.”

“Krystal” Kai said disappointment laced in his words. 

The vampires, after seeing Sehun walk out the door, turned around and faced Krystal with menacing glares. Even Kai and the other boys were afraid.

“You.” Xiumin said darkly. “How dare you?”

“Xiumin she-“

“Don’t finish that sentence.” Luhan cut Suho off. “She meant it. She meant every single word she said to Sohee and she threw that necklace down there on purpose.” Luhan spat eyes never leaving Krystal.

“Guys, I know she did wrong but-“

“But nothing.” This time it was Tao who cut off DO. “She hurt our princess and she must pay.” Tao glared. "If you're our friends then step aside." 

“Come on guys.” Baekhyun let out an awkward chuckle. “She’s a girl.”

“Girl or not. She hurt Sohee and she meant it.” Lay spoke up calmly but anyone could tell from his tone that he was furious.

“We can’t let that slide.”

“Enough talk.” Thunder and lightening clapped outside surprising everyone in the room, surprised that the weather just drasticly changed from sunny to cloudy. “She likes swimming right? How about a nice swim huh?” 

“Whats so great about that necklace anyway!?” Krystal yelled out angry. “She could have just bought another one. Why did she have to jump down there huh?! No one told her to!”

“That necklace was the last gift her brother got her before he died.” Kris’s mean gaze never faltered as he eyes the girl. “Now tell me. how can she get another one?” he said darkly.

“I didn’t know. Kai…” Krystal looked at Kai begging him to help. Kai’s hands fisted together and looked the other way. 

“Enough with this crap. Let’s toast her. “Chen growled another clap of lightening flashed outside.

“WHATS GOING ON HERE!?”   

Everyone’s head turned to the direction of the coach.

“PE IS OVER! NOW GET BACK TO YOUR CLASSES!” he yelled out. the students all scrambled out of the pool hall. The vampire’s stayed rooted in their sport eyeing down Krystal, her friends have run away.

“What are you boys waiting for? GO!”

“Come on guys.” Suho nudged Lay, who refused to budge.

“Let’s go.” Kris voiced out. “Lay, Sohee might need you right now.” the boy nodded and made his way out. The other vampires followed lead. Chen took a breath and cleared the sky of his lightening. 

“I said let’s go Tao.” Kris ordered Tao who sneered and left. Leaving Krystal with the other boys left in the pool hall. They started to leave too giving her disappointed looks as they passed by.

“Kai…” she said as she stopped him by grabbing his arm.

“I’m so disappointed in you Krystal. I’m glad we ended things.” He told her and walked out without looking back. 

Sehun placed Sohee down on the bed in the infirmary. He looked around but he could have guessed that the nurse wasn’t in the office.

“I’m ok. I’m not made of glass you know. I wouldn’t have died.”

Sehun sighed and sat down next to her on the bed. He placed a hand on her cheek and pinched her.

“I know. but damnit I was so scared. Don’t do that again ok? Next time throw the down there instead and make her get it back for you.”

Sohee chuckled. “Noted. I’ll remember to do that next time.”

Sehun gave her a light smile before looking down at her hand. He reached out for it and unclasped her palm.

“Let me put it on for you.” he said softly as he picked up the necklace. Sohee gave a small smile and nodded. She moved

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter