Chapter 24

Blood Lines
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kai was eating dinner with his parents.

“How’s Soojung Jongin?” his mother asked. “We haven’t seen her in ahile. Invite her over for dinner this weekend. Oh I have an idea! We can invite the Jungs over this weeked.” She smiled at her son and husband. “What do you think sweetie?” she asked her husband.

He smiled at her. “That’s a wonderful idea. We have been busy at work. A nice meal together would be amazing. I’ll invite Hoshin tomorrow. Jongin, invite Krystal tomorrow when you see her at school.” He looked at his son.

“I-uhm…mom, dad”

“Yes?”

Kai sighed and put his chopsticks down and looked at his parents. “I think this is a good time to tell you that Krystal and I are no longer together. I will still be more than glad to invite Krystal tomorrow but I just wanted you two to know so there won’t be any misunderstandings when the Jungs come over.”

Mrs. Kim gasped. “Oh sweetie, but you two have been together for quite awhile. And you two have grew up together. Are you ok? Did something happen?”

Kai shook his head and gave her a smile. “Nothing happened mom. Its just, well, its just I don’t think I have feelings for her like that. We’ve known each other since we were born and I think I was just comfortable with her. I didn’t you know like her like that. I think it was best for us to separate and find out own happiness. I know hers is out there somewhere but its just not with me.”

His mother gave him a smile and reached out for his hand. “My little boy has really matured.” She teased.

Kai smiled and then looked at his dad. “Dad I’m sorry. I hope this won’t affect your friendship with Mr. Jung.”

Mr. Kim chuckled. “Nonsense! Just because you and Hoshin’s daughter is no longer an item doesn’t mean that it’ll affect our business and friendship. We’ve been friends before you were even born!”

Kai smiled. “That’s good then. But don’t cancel dinner plans with the Jungs this weekend. They are still our family friends and Krystal is still my friend as well.”

Mr. and Mrs. Kim nodded.

“Will do. I’ll tell Hoshin about dinner tomorrow. You tell Krystal too.”

Kai nodded and they continued with dinner. 

Knock Knock

“Can I come in?” Mrs. Kim stuck her head into her son’s room.

“Mom. Of course.”

Mrs. Kim walked in seeing her son lying in bed.

"Did I disturb you?"

Kai shook his head. “I was just texting the boys in the groupchat about somethings. But I’m done now.” he sat up from his bed. “Did you need something?”

Mrs. Kim shook her head. “I just wanted to see how you were. You know. Mom to son.” She smiled down at him.

“I’m fine mom. theres nothing to worry about.” He smiled. “You worry too much.”

“I’m a mom. its my job to worry about my little boy.” She smoothed his hair. “Is there something you need to tell me?”

Kai scrunched his brows. “Uhm, I don’t think so.”

“Really? Nothing? Nothing at all? Like anything?”

Kai chuckled. “No mom. Not that I can think of.”

“You know you can tell me anything right? I’m not just your mom, I’m your friend.”

Kai laughed. “Mom you’re being weird. Is there something you need to tell me?”

“Tsk. So why did you break up with Krystal?”

Kai frowned. “Mom I already told you. I realized my feelings for her wasn’t love. It was just a brotherly love. I don’t know how to explain it. But its not what I want when I see a girl.”

“Well then what do you want?”

“I-well you know,” Kai scratched the back his neck. “Like you know butterflies in your stomach, like she lights up the room when she walks in, and her smile. Like you’ll do anything to see her smile. Like she’s the most beautiful girl you’ve ever seen. You also want to protect her, even though she can take care of herself. You just want to protect her. Someone I can feel comfortable around you know?” Kai covered his face with a pillow shy. “I don’t know something like that.”

Mrs. Kim has an amused expression on her face. “Seems like there is a girl already who makes you feel like that.”

“What?! No! What makes you think that?!” Kai panicked pulling his head away from the pillow.

Mrs. Kim grinned. “Ah~ so there is a girl.”

“NO! No there isn’t!”

She chuckled. “How interesting. So that’s why you broke up with Krystal. She didn’t let you have these feelings. Who is she? Do I know her? Whose daughter is it?”

“Mooooom” Kai whined. “Please there’s no one.” His cheeks were getting warmer.

“Hmm,” she placed a finger on her chin. “Now who is the lucky girl who has caught my son’s attention. I mean this town is small and you have been classmates with them all ever since you were little. She must be new.”

Kai choked on his own spit.

Mrs. Kim grin grew. “Ahhh, so it is.” she chuckled. “So its one of the new transfers huh?”

Kai’s face grew red. “Mom its late. I think you should go to sleep-“

“All the transfers are boys, hmmm but there is one girl. whats her name again?”

“Mom its getting late! I need to sleep for school!”

“Sohee right?”  she looked at her son’s red face and knew she had guessed right. She smiled. “Ahh I see.” She chuckled softly. “she is a very beautiful girl. I can see why you fell for her. is she nice too?”

“The sweetest.” Kai said softly his face red like a tomato.

Mrs. Kim smiled at her son and patted his cheek. “I see now.” she stood up. “Well then I guess I’ll let you sleep now for school tomorrow. Can’t have you looking like a raccoon when you see her right?”she teased.

“Mom!”

She laughed as she walked towards his door. She looked back to him right before she exited. “I'm glad you ended things with Soojung. She's a wonderful girl but if you didn't like her you shouldn't lead her on. I would love to get to know this girl, Sohee, more. Invite her over for dinner some time.”

Kai nodded.

“Oh don’t worry this will be our secret. I won’t tell you dad yet.” Mrs. Kim winked and smiled as she left her tomato face son to his dreams.

Mr. Kim watched as his wife walk into their bedroom with a big smile on her face that seem permanently tattooed there.

“What made you so happy? What did you and Jongin talk about?” he asked as she got under the covers.

She turned to him. “Its our little secret can't tell you.”  

PLAY THIS https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvsbm1LAEuU

Sehun walked down the hallway as he followed the sound of the piano. He knew exactly who was playing. He had left the boys upstairs in the gameroom when he heard the piano with his sharp hearing. He entered the room through the opened doors and leaned on the door with a smile. He watched as the moonlight cascaded through the full length windows to her face and heightened her beauty. She hasn’t played in awhile. He remembered back in the palace he would sneak her into the music room so she could play the piano. She would always sneak in and learned from the teacher who taught. He was never a good piano student. He still can’t play the piano remotely as well as her. She was naturaly born with the talent. She was able to pick up the lesson quickly. It soon became one of the things he loved watching her do and listen to as well. He had made her promise him that in he future she would always play for him. He loved listening to her play. When he had trouble sleeping he would always ask her to play the piano for him and it would always soothe him into sleep. He closed his eys and leaned his head back letting himself get lost in the music. 

Sohee continued to play the piano with her eyes closed. She was so concentrated that she didn’t notice Sehun was watching her. These past couple of days were stressful to her. She thought she could live a happy and peaceful life with Sehun and the boys but fate has other plans. She had lost Jaehyun and it broke her heart. Now, even though the boys have decided to stay and fight with her she was still worried. She was worried about their safety. She didn’t want any of them getting hurt. She just wanted everyone to be safe. She was stressed thinking about it and thought of no other way to release her stress but to play the piano. She hadn’t played in a while and wanted to brush up on her skills as well. Her fingers flew around on the keys as the beautiful melody surround the room. Her fingers start to slow down as she ends the song. Sohee opened her eyes and smiled when she felt two arms encircle her from behind. 

“That was beautiful.” Sehun muttered into her shoulder. “A penny for your thoughts?”

Sohee held his arms around her. “Just things.”

“You don’t need to worry too much.” Sehun said as he kissed her temples. “We’re all here for you. We’re choosing to do this. No one’s forcing us to stay. So stop stressing over it.”

Sohee grin. “How did you know I was worried?”

“I know you. I know you better than anyone. Now,” he walked over and sat down next to her. “Play me another song.” He played with the piano keys.

"Don't you want to hang out with the others?"

Sehun scowled. "I see them often now. We live together. I rather spend this time with you. Besides Tao and Kris at games and Luhan always cheats." 

Sohee chuckled. “What song?”

“Hmm.” Sehun twisted his lips to think. “How about this one?” he started playing some keys but then messed up. “Uhm…” he scratched the back of his neck.

Sohee chuckled. “Let’s play together I'll teach you." She placed her hands on top of his and led him. 

PLAY THIS https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYXSvAPr_ZA

Sehun and Sohee smiled to each other as they started playing the song. Sehun felt so warm the way her hands felt on his. They might be the undead but he swears that he never felt a warmer pair of hands than hers. He didn’t even realize that he wasn’t even looking down at the piano keys anymore but at her face instead.  

That human is delusional if he thinks he can take you away from me. I will never let you go Im Sohee. No matter what it takes. I’ll keep you by my side no matter what.

Sohee continues playing the piano even though she knows Sehun had already lost interest in it. He was never one to be interested in the instrument. But she had to keep playing. She really liked this song.

“Pay attention to me.” Sehun whined when Sohee kept playing and ignoring him.

A grin appeared on her face. Everyone might see Sehun as the Vampire’s Ice Prince. How he looks so cold and i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter