Chapter 7

Blood Lines
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Fire. Fire. So much fire. So much fire that it lighted up the dark woods.

“Eunbi save her! Go now!”

“No! I’m not leaving you!”

“Take her now!” he screamed. She tearfully ran away carrying a 5-year-old daughter.

“No!” she screamed when she saw her husband being attacked. She looked at the frighten child in her hand.  She ran into a bush and hid her.

“Stay right here ok?” tears falling out of her eyes.

“Where are you going mommy? Don’t leave me!” the girl cried.

She looked back. “Mommy is going to find daddy ok? Be a good girl and stay hidden ok?” she hugged the girl and kissed her forehead. “Mommy and daddy loves you very much. Always remember that ok?” she let go of the girl. “Don’t come out no matter what.” And ran off to the direction of their burning house. The little girl sat down pulling her knees to herself crying. She then heard screams. She covered her ears as she cried. After an hour there was no more sound. The fire died down. She heard crunches of leaves.

“Mommy?” she asked out softly. “Daddy?” she looked up from her knees. A hand yanked her out of the bushes.

“Hey boss we got another one!” a man yelled out dragging her to another man. She looked up at the man with tears in her eyes.

“What should we do with her boss?”

The boss grabbed her face and she hissed showing her fangs and her eyes changing colors.

“She’s one of them.” someone said.

“She’s just a child.” The boss said.

“Yeah, but she’ll grow up to be an adult. One of them. A monster.”

The boss let go of her face and bent down to her level. Her eyes shined red. “If I ever see you again I’ll kill you myself. Go.”

“But boss-“

“Let’s go!”

He pushed her away. The group of men walked off leaving. She looked back at their backs and ran to her house. There was nothing left but burnt ashes.

“Mom? Dad?” she yelled. “MOM! DAD!” she yelled crying. She searched until she saw two burnt bodies in the middle of the ashes.

“Mom? Dad?” she tearfully cried. She went to the bodies and cried. Her eyes flashed red. She’ll kill them. She’ll kill them all. She cried over her parents dead bodies. 

Sohee woke up with a jump. Her body full of sweat.

“Babe are you ok?” Sehun asked. “You were crying in your sleep again.” He said as he wiped her tears with his hand.

“I dreamt of that night again.” She said weakly tears falling again.

Sehun pulled her closer to his body. “Its ok. Its ok. Its over. Its over. Its the past. Don't think about it anymore. Its just a dream. I’m here. I’ll always be here.” He kissed her head and held her as she cried herself to sleep. 

It was the start of the week again and that meant school. Kai walked enthusiastically into school not being able to contain his excitement. He was going to be able to talk to Sohee today. This will be the first time he’ll actually be able to talk to her one on one. He couldn’t wait. He walked into class and sat down on his seat smiling, while Baekhyun and Chanyeol eyed him weirdly.

Sohee walked sluggishly into school.

“Babe are you sure you’re going to be ok?” Sehun asked as they stopped in front of her classroom. 

“I’ll be fine. Don’t work about me.” she smiled tiredly at Sehun. The other boys all eyed her in worry. She has had these dreams before and it always made her mood go down. Sehun rubbed under her eyes.

“You look tired. Are you sure you don’t want to go home?”

She touched his hands, “I’m fine. I still have that project to do today after school. It’ll be irresponsible of me.”

“I’m sure that human will be fine on his own Sohee. Are you sure?” Lay looked up at her in worry.

“I’m fine. You guys worry too much. Go to class.” She pushed them away.

Sehun looked back at her when she waved her hand for him to go and walked into class.

“Why wouldn’t I be in her class.” He grumbled. He looked over to his two hyungs. “Watch out for her today will you? It seems like the dream last night shook her a lot more than normal.”

“Don’t worry Hun.” Luhan patted the younger’s shoulders. “We will. Don’t worry.” Sehun nodded and walked to his classroom with the others. Kris and Luhan then walked into their class.

Kai was about to say hi to Sohee when he saw her tired face. She sat down next to him and just blankly stared to the front. Kai saw Kris and Luhan walk in the class giving her worried glances. After a couple of hours’ class was over and everyone was leaving for lunch. Sohee got up and left. When Kai walked into the cafeteria his eyes went over to the vampire’s table trying to look for Sohee but she wasn’t there.

“Are you looking for me?” Krystal’s face popped up in front of Kai.

“Huh? Oh yeah…”

“Let’s go eat.” She dragged him into their table. 

Sohee leaned her back onto the tree as she lay on one its branches with her eyes closed. She needed fresh air and this was the perfect place for it.  The leaves blocked the sunlight as she laid on the branch.

“I thought I saw you.”

Sohee opened her eyes to see Lay standing on the branch looking at her.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter